Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jokergeist

Day 1

Specimens 48712 and 48000; Day 1

On the day that The Branches of Universes were linked, heroes and villains were brought over by The Others for a series of tests. The Others found interest in Boba Fett, the bounty hunter and warrior who led the Mandalorians through the Yuuzhan Vong War. They transported the Mandalorian Warrior to their land, where Boba Fett finds himself next to a wooden shack.

Munch! Munch! Chomp! Rip! Cham cham! Boba heard chewing noises emitting from within the shack. His curiosity caused him to peer inside..

The man named Hei was sitting inside. He looked up at the stranger. "Whuh-?" His face was covered with the remnants of chewed steak and bacon. Carrots and radishes lied atop the wooden floor he sat on.

Boba Fett: "Sorry to interrupt. Do you know where we are?"

Hei swallowed a chunk of bacon. "No. I was transported to this place without explanation as well." He took a bite of a carrot.

Boba Fett: "You.... you eat a lot."

Hei: "So I'm told. I don't know why we're here, but I'm hoping this is where Bai is."

Boba Fett: "Bye?"

Hei: "Bai is my sister. She... she disappeared. But I think she might be here in this land.. I think that's why I was sent here. To find her."

Boba Fett thought for a moment. "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett."

Hei spoke with a mouth full of radishes "The name's Hei. We can head outside after I finish this meal."

----------

Specimens 48812 and 48350; Day 1

Meanwhile, the mercenary raid leader known as Guts trailed through the forest, sword in hand. He heard a voice behind him: "Hello, handsome."

Guts spun around, coming face-to-face with a woman, who pointed a gun at his direction.

Guts gripped his sword. "Wait. Who are you?"

Motoko Kusanagi: "I was about to ask you the same thing."

Guts: "Call me Guts. Will you put that gun away? I'm not here to fight you."

Motoko Kusanagi: "Put that sword away first, then we can talk."

Guts: "Very well. I assume you just arrived here?"

Motoko Kusanagi: "Yes. I don't know where we are either." Her eyes lightly scanned over him. "I could use some help from a big, strong guy like yourself. What do you say?"

Guts: "Agreed. Until we can figure out what's going on, I'll need someone to watch my back."

Motoko Kusanagi: "I just might save your life."

----------

The next morning, the duo ran into Hei and Boba Fett, who demanded answers. The two teams decided they'll have to fight for the answers they seek.

LIVIIING SPACESSSSSS!

-er, sorry. Living Quarters vary depending on which Number you chose. These are the homelands in which your characters started in, containing stuff that will put them at advantages/disadvantages. Here are your Living Quarters:

Boba Fett & Hei: start in a Shack

Guts & Mokoto Kusangi: start in either a Tent or a Treehouse. Choose wisely.

Shack

No Caption Provided

Perks

• a bunk bed
  • gasoline
  • a lighter
  • 2 shotguns w/ ammo
  • grill
  • steak, bacon, carrots, and radishes
  • water bottles

Tent

No Caption Provided

Perks

• sleeping bag
  • water bottles
  • Jiffy popcorn, protein bars, trail mix, and chips
  • hunting crossbow, bolts, and knife
  • a compass

Treehouse

No Caption Provided

Perks

• sleeping bags
  • chips, Coca-Cola, pretzels, and protein bars
  • bow and arrows
  • compass
  • telescope

No Caption Provided

Whatever location your team chooses is your starting point

• 4: Shack
  • 12: Tent
  • 29: Treehouse

Teams

@fetts & @floopay

• Boba Fett
  • Hei

VS

@thatguywithheadphones & @skit

• Guts
  • Motoko Kusangi

Don't forget to list your characters' Standard Gear in your opening post. <3

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well to reiterate

Guts Equipment is

• The Dragon Slayer(Giant Sword)
  • Mechanical Cannon Arm(1 Ball in The Arm) While 2 more are in his pouch
  • Arrow lancher(he mounts on his arm) W/Dozens of Arrows
  • 5 throwing knives
  • 10 Mini ball explosives(they enough damage to destroy a body part)
  • An Armor That Cover him Neck to toe(Head to toe while angered.)
  • All Black Cape that let's him blend in with the dark when need be.
Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Skit

OK moving my stuff over

Motoko's equipment:

• handgun w/ a few clips of explosive rounds(2-3)
  • a p90-esque gun
  • an assault rifle w/ grenade launcher.
  • grenades
  • goggles that basically gives her enhanced sight,let her see in the dark,IR,etc.
  • Light body armor

Each gun uses HV bullets instead of normal ones(these are part of her standard equipment). These are like AP bullets,just they move a lot faster. I can post a video to show's the difference if needed.

@thatguywithheadphones I like the new avatar and it's up to you on the where,since none of the stuff is useful to my character.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit:

Thanks and We'll be at the Treehouse.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thatguywithheadphones: @skit: @fetts

No Caption Provided

Peak Human - Hei is at peak human physical condition, and possibly even slightly above.

Speed - Speed is one of Hei's greatest assets, allowing him to dodge bullets with ease, and outpacing other peak humans.

Agility/Acrobatics - Hei can contort his body in seemingly impossible maneuvers in order to gain an advantage over his opponents. He doesn't always rely on his acrobatics to defeat his opponents, but has shown that it can be a key tool towards his victory.

Superb Marksman - Hei can easily hit an opponent between the eyes while falling/suspended in air from over 20+ meters away with no problem, and simultaneously grapple a rail with the same maneuver.

Master Martial Artist - Hei has been disposing of Super Humans for several years, earning him the title the "Black Reaper". There have been little to no other contractors who can match Hei's level of skill.

Electric Manipulation / Molecular Manipulation - Hei has the ability to generate incredible amounts of electricity, which he often uses to kill his opponents in both ranged and melee combat. He cannot conjure bolts of electricity, but he can send his attacks across any conductive medium. Additionally, Hei can manipulate matter on a quantum level to a very lesser degree. When receiving an incredible amplification to his power, he was able to destroy a large portion of South America. However, at standard levels (as he is here), he has so far only used it to cause a trigger device in a handgun to malfunction. So, again, it's very minor.

Standard Equipment:

• Mask - Hei wears a protective mask to protect his face and his identity. He usually has several, but only keeps one on his person.
  • Wire - Hei carries a wire on him that he uses both offensively and defensively. It has a couple dozen meteors or more of length to it.
  • Knife - Hei carries several knives with him, which he uses in both ranged and melee combat.
  • Hei's Coat - When combined with his power, it provides an incredible amount of resistance to piercing and slashing weaponry, but only a moderate amount of protection to blunt force.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokergeist:

I hate to be a stickler, but I was hoping to get the following information about the encounter.

• Time of day
  • Weather / Climate - Both the day of the random encounter and the day prior
  • Location of the fight (on the map) - I'm guessing the red circle, but just clarifying.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jokergeist

@floopay:

• Time of day: Morning, around 9:50 AM (Pacific Time)
  • Weather/Climate
    • Day prior to battle: Mild weather, no clouds. (does it matter?)
    • Morning of the Battle: The sun has risen. It's a bright day, few clouds.
  • Location of the fight: Pink Circle
No Caption Provided

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Floopay

@floopay:

• Time of day: Morning, around 9:50 AM (Pacific Time)
  • Weather/Climate
    • Day prior to battle: Mild weather, no clouds. (does it matter?)
    • Morning of the Battle: The sun has risen. It's a bright day, few clouds.
  • Location of the fight: Pink Circle
No Caption Provided

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

Yes, it matters.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: @floopay: @fetts Should probably post my character's abilities too.

The inspiration for Neo and the Matrix
The inspiration for Neo and the Matrix

Durability:Being a cyborg has it's perks and her durability is at the top. Her skin is completely bulletproof(her armor only reduces the impact and thus slowing her down less). AP rounds are only capable of going an inch at best into her body due her extremely durable muscles. Can shrug off most blunt force/crushing due to the previously stated muscles and her skeletal system having shown no limits to what it can take. Her brain and Spinal cord are still human and as such are limited,a well placed heavy AP round could prove fatal.

Strength: Her strength is quite superhuman as well. Able to casually dent metal,punch other cyborgs(who easily weigh 2-4 times more than normal) across rooms. If it weren't for her arms(well joints technically) limited durability,she could easily be in the 10+ ton range. This is shown when she overpowered a helicopter just with a rope,she ended up wrapping it around her body. This further proves the arm thing,I can post the manga's explanation if needed. She has been shown to easily overpower other cyborgs and break the bones of a few.

Speed/reaction speed/accuracy:Easily able to dodge bullets even up close and able to run in the 20-30 mph(she chased a car on foot).She has extensive programs that giver her extreme levels of accuracy,her body allows for more accurate shot's as well. I grouped accuracy and reaction together due to one feat. Shooting and deflecting a snipers bullet with an assault rifle's. She did this while download a program too,if she hadn't the bullet would have hit dead on. Here's a gif I found off the later, sorry it's so small.

No Caption Provided

H2H: Outside of the basic training she got from the military and police,she has had several martial arts downloaded into her brain..

Agility: Able jump at least 2 stories and put Olympic level gymnasts to shame.

Powers: She can become almost completely invisible(completely in low lit places).When in a this state she produces no sound(except in water or if she steps on something like glass) and is detectable by most things such as IR,movement sensor,etc. Then she has hacking capabilities that borders on technopathy after the puppet master/smiling man(there's two seperate continuities) incidents. She can hack and control something as basic as a gps to a living person. Even those with the most basic of mechanical implants in there body,if controlled by thought or connected to their nerve's,can be hacked.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: Pshhhhht, Neo and the Matrix is just the sequel to Johnny Mneumonic. Everyone knows that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Because Neo totally doesn't have a plug in his head/neck like this.

No Caption Provided

He also didn't learn martial arts through it either. I like your answer a lot better though.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Floopay

@skit: Johnny Mneumonic has a plug in the back of his head where they plug computer equipment into to download information directly into his brain (well, a hard drive that occupies part of his brain).

No Caption Provided

Look familiar?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: I remember seeing that when I was about twelve I think. GitS came out the same year I believe and the manga came out in 1990. Then there's the intro which had the same green text.

Loading Video...

Then the director actually said the action was influenced by GitS and Ninja Scroll. The story is a lot closer to Johnny Mnemonic though.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fetts

@skit

She can hack and control something as basic as a gps to a living person. Even those with the most basic of mechanical implants in there body,if controlled by thought or connected to their nerve's,can be hacked.

Do realize that mind control of any kind is against the rules, and that Motoko will not be allowed to do this.

Alright, I'll just follow people's example and create a short analysis of my character.

Boba Fett

No Caption Provided

Fighting ability/reflexes- Boba Fett is the most fearless bounty hunter within the galaxy. It's true that he relies more on his weapons and armor. But he does have a degree of fighting skill. The guy has beaten Jedi such as Rahm Kota and Jaina Solo with relative ease. This is consistent with the fact that he was trained by his father, Jango Fett: The man that killed twenty Jedi with his bare hands. He's also been able to outmatch others with enhanced speed such as 4-LOM.

Weapons expertise- Boba has a wide range of weapons, including the EE-3 Carbine blaster rifle (capable of disintegrating), mini-concussion missiles, a flamethrower, a sonic detonator, stun dart agents, etc. Arguably, he has the most lethal arsenal when it comes to street-levelers. And the bounty hunter is very impressive with his arsenal at that.

Durability- The Mandalorian armor is something not to be trifled with. Boba has taken direct impacts from missiles with that armor. The missile wasn't highly destructive but it was still very impressive nonetheless. He's also completely tanked blaster bolts like nothing. His clothing is much like kevlar. It has kept his limbs from blowing off and from being incinerated by his flamethrower. The bounty hunter also has a set of Mandalorian armor made of beskar (a.k.a. Mandalorian iron). Beskar is lightsaber resistant. However, he will be wearing his standard Duraplast armor.

Helmet- Boba's helmet has several goodies in it. It has multiple vision modes such as infrared and H.U.D. (Heads Up Display). It also has an impressive audio filter, which enables him to hear whispers from about 30 yards away, as well as hear the changing of the safety on a blaster in a cantina. It also has a gas filter and an oxygen supply.

Jetpack- Boba's jetpack allows him to travel at 90 mph. It is maneuverable enough to evade a volley of blaster fire from X-Wings and Y-Wings. It also has a missile on it, which also packs an ion charge (which disrupts electronic on contact)

Equipment:

EE-3 Carbine blaster rifle

Blaster pistol

Mini-concussion missile launcher

Thermal detonators

Sonic detonator

Z-X flamethrower

Dur-24 wrist blaster

Duraplast Mandalorian armor

Kevlar-like clothing

Jetpack w/ missile

Wrist cord

Stun dart agents

Concentrated Deeb spray

Helmet w/ all of it's accessories

Time bomb

I think that's it!

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skit

@fetts: Yeah that's not my intention, I'm just stating what degree she can hack. Now if somebody such as Mr ingenuity, who has a character that uses A.I.and a high tech bike. Well I'm going to mess it up. Anyways like I said though,the mechanical part has to be directly connected to the brain. I don't think that applies to anybody. If somebody does though,I won't use it.

Edit:Just so you know,Boba Fett's helmet is getting hacked.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: Boba doesn't need his helmet you kick your asses ;)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: I don't think the green text is very telling. The reason they use that is because when you think old terminal computers, you think green text. Much like the Fallout Games and etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: @skit: @fetts:

One Issue:

I was to understand about 5ish tons was the strength limit, yet I see Motoko is listed as having 10+ ton strength (easily, meaning she is probably higher). That seems like a rule violation.

Basic Advantages

The most basic advantage, as far as I can see, is that both Fetts and Myself have characters who have used, or been near futuristic technology. Basically, Boba Fett has nothing in his arsenal that would blow Hei's mind away. That being said, I see TGWH and Skit as two characters with widely different sets of equipment. Guts is going to have a hard time comprehending exactly what Motoko is, let alone her additional abilities.

Hei vs. Guts or Motoko

For all their durability and all their strength. Hei can bypass all of it and shock them. Scrambling their brains, programming, destroying sensitive circuitry of any sort, messing with any nervous system they may have, and incapacitating them by the same means. Motoko is a thing, if Hei figures this out, he can slowly but surely tweak her programming slightly, bit by bit.

Hei and Boba Fett

Hei will attempt to get Fett to coax the teams into the water. In water, Hei has the supreme advantage of being able to generate electricity and killing any and all people in the near vicinity. Thanks to the jet pack, Boba won't be affected by this at all.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Skit

@fetts: @floopay: Like I said the director even quoted GitS in an interview,so it clearly had an influence on it.

Yeah sorry the manga page didn't come up before,here it is explaining how she has the power but lacks the capability to lift or pull 10 tons.

No Caption Provided

This is what happened when she tried ripping a tank's hatch off.

No Caption Provided

In order for her to lift or pull anything close to 10 tons she has distribute the weight,she can't punch at that strength either. So I don't see how the rules are broken,at best she could lift a vehicle.

I don't see the tech difference being a big deal. Guts has seen some really messed up things(seriously berserk is a messed up manga) and isn't fazed my much. He lives in a world filled with demons,fairies and other oddities. He himself has a mechanical arm and Motoko doesn't look any different than a normal human(besides her hair color).

It's going to be hard for hei to do that when Motoko's cloaked and it is in character for her to do so almost instantly. The order of what she does in a fight goes hacking,then stealth and finally shooting. Hitting her is not an easy task and It's not like Motoko's isn't going to be firing at Hei. HV rounds go far faster than normal bullets and as such harder to dodge(if able to). Besides the fact they're called Hyper Velocity, these are fast enough to create shock waves when they hit and go through a person's body. The shock waves are powerful enough to screw up organs and even lop off a foot. Here she misses twice(only skimming his head),while the third hits.Sorry this video is long,just watch from 20:15-50.

Loading Video...

One bullet that only skimmed his head takes out a chunk of is face,the second scalps the guy and third as you can see completely explodes his head(note HV rounds normally aren't so explosive). She doesn't have a nervous system to mess up and programming her has been shown to be quite difficult. The stuff will apply to Gut's though it's up to TGWH to deal with that.

Bobba Fett is going to be temporarily out of the battle due to the hacking of his helmet(I doubt his first thought is ditch important equpment like his helmet). So the battle at first is going to be 2 vs 1. If Hei tries using the electricity prior to the water, Motoko's going to notice he's going to try that in the water. She can jump high and far so getting away from that is something easily avoidable. Motoko's not going near the water anyways since her cloaking will be at it's worst there. As seen in this video,it's still good there.

Loading Video...

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Fortunately I made a rule for this:

-Anybody who somehow managed to get a character that is above the limits, will be reduced to the limits provided in whatever way they surpass the limits.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: The first part of my last post explains how she can only exceed the strength limit under specific situations.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fetts

@skit Ok. Either way, if she's a 10 tonner, her strength is going to be reduced.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: That's fine,it doesn't really change anything.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: @floopay:

. That being said, I see TGWH and Skit as two characters with widely different sets of equipment. Guts is going to have a hard time comprehending exactly what Motoko is, let alone her additional abilities.

Guts's lives in a world that is currently fairy tale land he has seen gods open up time portal,he fights demons(an other abominations) on a daily basis, he in a group with two fairies and a witch, and his reaction to all these things were;

• who cares
  • how can this help me
  • can I kill it

when he fount out that witches existed and had powers his was reaction was basically...Meh also he does have an idea of how different mechanical stuff work(i.e his arm) So the idea of a mechanical woman,who by the way, isn't even visually mechanical wouldn't really blow his mind

For all their durability and all their strength. Hei can bypass all of it and shock them. Scrambling their brains, programming, destroying sensitive circuitry of any sort, messing with any nervous system they may have, and incapacitating them by the same means. Motoko is a thing, if Hei figures this out, he can slowly but surely tweak her programming slightly, bit by bit.

She doesn't have a nervous system to mess up and programming her has been shown to be quite difficult. The stuff will apply to Gut's though it's up to TGWH to deal with that.

First Guts has the reaction to evade Hei's electrical attacks that are mostly melee based an even if Hei manage to get Guts there are a few things still standing in his way of victory.

1. Guts has shown impressive resistance to lightning ass shown when he fight the demon Ganiska

Not only was he still conscious but he was still able to fight and go right in the center of the lightning form later and even after that he was still able to fight on. Should add that he was also soaked when he got hit (He had just fought a water demon)

Also here is what that same lightning did to other demon

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It chard the other demons, and It was even enough to put Zodd the immortal in pain(Zodd is a demon, whose reaction to getting his chest pierce and his arm cut off was a simple laugh as he shrugged it off.)

And even after that Guts continues as he always does

Above Guts flies right thought the cloud and is hit be the lightning again.and even after this Guts is still hot and ready

So yeah Hei power might have an effect on him so it won't be a great as he is use to given other people.

2. Also Shocking Guts will automatically summon the Berserker armor and that will really hurt Hei chance against him. Mainly due to what the fact that the armor completely ignores pain and MAKES the use continue to fight.while putting them in a bloodlusted state.

The Armor activate when ever Guts is in any type of distress or pain and break all ''human limation''

Also IIRC Hei just can't spam his electric attacks all willy nilly.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fetts

@thatguywithheadphones: Don't worry! I've been working up a counter. Though it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Skit

Sorry I've been in Colombia for the week and the internet here(or atleast the hotel) is horrible. I'm leaving in an hour,so I'll be back on regulary sometime tomorrow.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fetts

@skit

I don't see the tech difference being a big deal. Guts has seen some really messed up things(seriously berserk is a messed up manga) and isn't fazed my much. He lives in a world filled with demons,fairies and other oddities. He himself has a mechanical arm and Motoko doesn't look any different than a normal human(besides her hair color).

But there were at least tales of demons, fairies, and whatnot correct? People had at least fathomed the possibility of their existence? I doubt anybody would have dreamed of a mechanical woman such as Motoko. And comparing a mechanical arm to Motoko is like comparing the Wright brothers' plane to a modern day jet fighter. They just don't work the same way at all. Motoko is made up of algorithms, wires, chips, etc. All of which somebody like Guts would have a very hard time understanding.

It's going to be hard for hei to do that when Motoko's cloaked and it is in character for her to do so almost instantly. The order of what she does in a fight goes hacking,then stealth and finally shooting. Hitting her is not an easy task and It's not like Motoko's isn't going to be firing at Hei. HV rounds go far faster than normal bullets and as such harder to dodge(if able to). Besides the fact they're called Hyper Velocity, these are fast enough to create shock waves when they hit and go through a person's body. The shock waves are powerful enough to screw up organs and even lop off a foot. Here she misses twice(only skimming his head),while the third hits.Sorry this video is long,just watch from 20:15-50.

Loading Video...

One bullet that only skimmed his head takes out a chunk of is face,the second scalps the guy and third as you can see completely explodes his head(note HV rounds normally aren't so explosive). She doesn't have a nervous system to mess up and programming her has been shown to be quite difficult. The stuff will apply to Gut's though it's up to TGWH to deal with that.

I'll let @floopay defend Hei. However I will mention that Boba does have his infrared in his helmet. He could coordinate Motoko's position while fending off Guts if need be. Also, if Motoko ever decided to fire at Boba, he could probably tank the bullets for the most part.

Read from right to left

Bobba Fett is going to be temporarily out of the battle due to the hacking of his helmet(I doubt his first thought is ditch important equpment like his helmet). So the battle at first is going to be 2 vs 1. If Hei tries using the electricity prior to the water, Motoko's going to notice he's going to try that in the water. She can jump high and far so getting away from that is something easily avoidable. Motoko's not going near the water anyways since her cloaking will be at it's worst there. As seen in this video,it's still good there.

Loading Video...

I believe you are mistaking hacking for some type of electromagnetic pulse effect. Hacking is basically using programming skills to invade into computers. Boba's helmet is not a computer in any way, shape, or form. It doesn't run on a program. Cyber-brains and GPS's do run programs, thus Motoko can hack them. Air conditioners, washing machines, and night-vision goggles are a couple of examples of un-hackable technology. Boba's helmet falls into that same category.

Loading Video...

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Motoko encounters soldiers wielding cloaking suits. She had to shoot them. Why couldn't she just "hack" into the suits from the lobby? Because cloaking suits are pieces of technology that don't run on a program. The same story goes for the Armored Suit. There's no program present to hack into.

First Guts has the reaction to evade Hei's electrical attacks that are mostly melee based an even if Hei manage to get Guts there are a few things still standing in his way of victory.

1. Guts has shown impressive resistance to lightning ass shown when he fight the demon Ganiska

Not only was he still conscious but he was still able to fight and go right in the center of the lightning form later and even after that he was still able to fight on. Should add that he was also soaked when he got hit (He had just fought a water demon)

Also here is what that same lightning did to other demon

It chard the other demons, and It was even enough to put Zodd the immortal in pain(Zodd is a demon, whose reaction to getting his chest pierce and his arm cut off was a simple laugh as he shrugged it off.)

And even after that Guts continues as he always does

Above Guts flies right thought the cloud and is hit be the lightning again.and even after this Guts is still hot and ready

I'm not entirely sure if that fits the durability limits. Either way, Guts should still be susceptible to Boba's arsenal. I can't say for Hei's lightning, but Boba's arsenal is lethal (I'm assuming Hei's lightning is too). I watched a couple of clips, and I'm not so sure that Guts has the reflexes to dodge blaster bolts. He most certainly doesn't have the speed to save him from explosives. Though let's say he does close the distance before Boba can fire off an explosive from a save distance. Boba has a couple of options. He can either use his jetpack to keep his distance, or he could even contend with him in close combat. Like I said earlier, Boba has what it takes to knock Jedi on their asses in close combat.

Boba Fett vs Rahm Kota
Boba Fett vs Rahm Kota

Jedi, who have years of experience (especially Rahm Kota), swordsmanship skills, enhanced speed, and precognition. Now Guts may have some experience and swordsmanship skills. But Guts does not have enhanced speed and precognition. I'm not even sure if I want to say he has peak human speed.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

He's got intelligence, cunning, and skill I'll give him that. But quite honestly, I say Boba could beat Guts in close combat if he really needed to.

So yeah Hei power might have an effect on him so it won't be a great as he is use to given other people.

2. Also Shocking Guts will automatically summon the Berserker armor and that will really hurt Hei chance against him. Mainly due to what the fact that the armor completely ignores pain and MAKES the use continue to fight.while putting them in a bloodlusted state.

The Armor activate when ever Guts is in any type of distress or pain and break all ''human limation''

Also IIRC Hei just can't spam his electric attacks all willy nilly.

Well, that won't happen if we make his death quick and painless ;)

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Skit

@floopay: Finally back in America and good to go. So on the way back I was thinking about this battle and remembered how Motoko is built. I'm actually not sure how electricity is going to effect her. For one,made of 3 separate types metal and a lot of different materials. Her skin has never been specified as to what it's made of,but plain bullet's don't even scratch it. Then you have her muscles,which are made of Carbon Nanotube's. Carbon Nanotube's vary in conductivity,they also can be used to store multiple forms of energy(electricity and heat being the big ones). Next your have her skeleton which is some ufber Titanium. Finally what ever that makes her run,which is somewhat EMP proof. Some(if not a lot) of the electricity is going to do nothing due to her skin being made made of metal(and have good conductivity). Much like a car being struck like lightning, it's going to just going to go into the ground instead of harming her. The remaining will end up in her muscles and skeleton,but mostly her muscles due to titanium's low conductivity. Now obviously this is a bunch of what if's and that's not a valid argument. The main point of this,is just that Hei's electric attack's won't necessary be such a insta-win against her if she get's hit.

@fetts I noticed that you said Illusion's are okay,I'm going to wait for the counter you mentioned. Just a little friendly warning :)

@thatguywithheadphones Yeah I really shouldn't have assumed on that since I'm not exactly up to date with Berserk. My knowledge only extends to around Griffith's Rebirth.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: I just made my counter dude ;). And illusions are only ok if it's not in a telepathic form (or something similar).

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Skit

@floopay: @thatguywithheadphones: @fetts: Ah sorry,didn't see that you had.

In term's of Gut's not understanding her,your acting like she looks like this mechanical monster. If you didn't know she was a cyborg already, how could you possibly know she was one? They are completely human looking(with the exception being her eye's in the movie for some reason).

Hacking: They always been called hacking in the show,lower grade hacker's have to physically connect to stuff to hack into things. Motoko is just a high teir military grade cyborg and as such has far more advanced technology. Here's the uber hacking of the laughing man,she get's this good at the end of the first season due to him teaching her. Watch from the start to 3:25.

Loading Video...

Edit:I just realized I didn't even answer your question. There's a few reason's she could hack them or the suit.

1.They had prep and knew that her and Batou(the big guy) where going to be there. They knew fully well how capable they are and as such took steps to prevent it.

2.That was before she just upgraded

3.That suit from the video is not just some average thing. Those are only seen two time's. The other time was by a group of special force's that brought a huge ship that brought a easily 100+ soldiers and 10 or so of those suit's. There not something just anybody can get and can be hacked(well at least the one's used by the special force's).Their just some seriously high tier weaponry

You specifically said his helmet has a HUD. Anything that can act even barely on it's own(digital camera's even) can be hacked. It has be a pretty basic helmet and or HUD. This is the most basic description of a "HUD—is any transparent display that presents data". How exactly does it get said data? Here's a quote from wikipedia that might explain how " HUDs typically operate from dual independent redundant computer systems. They receive input directly from the sensors (pitot-static, gyroscopic, navigation, etc.) aboard the aircraft and perform their own computations rather than receiving previously computed data from the flight computers". Now that's obviously talking about an airplane, but I think you get the idea. Unless Bobba's helmet is way below modern airplane technology,it can be hacked. If you can actually show it working that would help too.

I'm not going to argue for TGWH,but those clips are from the anime wich only cover's the first 3 volume's(or the very first arc)

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: @fetts:

But there were at least tales of demons, fairies, and whatnot correct? People had at least fathomed the possibility of their existence? I doubt anybody would have dreamed of a mechanical woman such as Motoko. And comparing a mechanical arm to Motoko is like comparing the Wright brothers' plane to a modern day jet fighter. They just don't work the same way at all. Motoko is made up of algorithms, wires, chips, etc.

But that doesn't changes the fact that Guts's constant reaction to something new or something he's doesn't understand is ''whatever'' . For Example; When a witch tried to explain ''magic'' something Guts never believed,his reaction was ''I don't really need to know''

Also like already stated by both @skit and me Makato isn't visually mechanical so to Guts she just gonna come of strong woman with and it's not like Makato is gonna be an open book about this.

I'm not entirely sure if that fits the durability limits

No he still was hurt by the attack but he just continued to fight.

Put it like this: If someone cut a normal person arm off that wouldn't be in the fighting mood anymore not if someone Cut Guts arm off he'll just continue to fight until the fight is over.

It's not durability it's stamina an endurance.

now Guts may have some experience and swordsmanship skills. But Guts does not have enhanced speed and precognition. I'm not even sure if I want to say he has peak human speed.

I watched a couple of clips, and I'm not so sure that Guts has the reflexes to dodge blaster bolts. He most certainly doesn't have the speed to save him from explosives

Now I can see from these comments that you're thinking of anime Guts...Stop That.

The anime only cover 1/10th of the stories and not even half of Guts's feats and showing

I'm not so sure that Guts has the reflexes to dodge blaster bolts. He most certainly doesn't have the speed to save him from explosives

Hmm how fast is these blaster cause has reacted and kept up with some impressive things

I'm not even sure if I want to say he has peak human speed.

looks pretty peak to me

Also even IF guts can't use his speed to get out that jam he still could his immence sword to block him.

Considering it was able to block off a large body moving at sonic speed.

He his sword not been there he would been killed also when just slightly lowered her speed to guts was able to still keep up with her

If Gut sword shields him or if he is able to avoid the any attack he will just go Berserker (yes it doesn't require much for him to changes).

So no it won't be quick and painless.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay You still in this with me bro? Hei's asskickery has yet to be revealed!

@skit@thatguywithheadphones

In term's of Gut's not understanding her,your acting like she looks like this mechanical monster. If you didn't know she was a cyborg already, how could you possibly know she was one? They are completely human looking(with the exception being her eye's in the movie for some reason).

But that doesn't changes the fact that Guts's constant reaction to something new or something he's doesn't understand is ''whatever'' . For Example; When a witch tried to explain ''magic'' something Guts never believed,his reaction was ''I don't really need to know''

Also like already stated by both @skit and me Makato isn't visually mechanical so to Guts she just gonna come of strong woman with and it's not like Makato is gonna be an open book about this.

The point I was making (and the one that @floopay was thinking of I'm sure), was that Makato probably would be an open book about that. I mean if they're going to be teaming up with one another, I think it's likely they'd get to know one another. I know she looks human, but she's not. Demons, fairies, dragons, etc. have all been told about before in tales of those days. Fire-breathing, magic, changing forms, etc. are all powers that can be imagined by people of those days. But hacking for example, is something that is completely beyond comprehension for them. Heck he'd have a hard time understanding what a gun is. Furthermore, I'm not completely sure Guts is completely un-phased by superhuman abilities in the first place.

Loading Video...

2:05: What... What the hell is that?

3:02: He is... far stronger than any swordsman I have ever stood against. He is the strongest.... No. More than that. His strength is not human.

4:52-5:46: *lots of trembling and some chattering of teeth*

5:59: It's impossible... There's no way a monster like this can exist! Not in the real world.

9:06: It can't be... How can this possibly be happening?

If he has trouble comprehending Zodd, I'm more than confident he'd have trouble comprehending anybody else in this fight.

Hacking: They always been called hacking in the show,lower grade hacker's have to physically connect to stuff to hack into things. Motoko is just a high teir military grade cyborg and as such has far more advanced technology. Here's the uber hacking of the laughing man,she get's this good at the end of the first season due to him teaching her. Watch from the start to 3:25.

Loading Video...

Motoko's level of hacking abilities doesn't change the fact that a program needs to be present in order to hack. I don't know what you're trying to prove with this video. Motoko isn't doing any hacking. She's just connecting with her own computers and doing research on the case by the looks of it.

Edit:I just realized I didn't even answer your question. There's a few reason's she could hack them or the suit.

1.They had prep and knew that her and Batou(the big guy) where going to be there. They knew fully well how capable they are and as such took steps to prevent it.

2.That was before she just upgraded

3.That suit from the video is not just some average thing. Those are only seen two time's. The other time was by a group of special force's that brought a huge ship that brought a easily 100+ soldiers and 10 or so of those suit's. There not something just anybody can get and can be hacked(well at least the one's used by the special force's).Their just some seriously high tier weaponry

Or maybe they all don't run on a program, thus can't be hacked?

You specifically said his helmet has a HUD. Anything that can act even barely on it's own(digital camera's even) can be hacked. It has be a pretty basic helmet and or HUD. This is the most basic description of a "HUD—is any transparent display that presents data". How exactly does it get said data? Here's a quote from wikipedia that might explain how " HUDs typically operate from dual independent redundant computer systems. They receive input directly from the sensors (pitot-static, gyroscopic, navigation, etc.) aboard the aircraft and perform their own computations rather than receiving previously computed data from the flight computers". Now that's obviously talking about an airplane, but I think you get the idea. Unless Bobba's helmet is way below modern airplane technology,it can be hacked. If you can actually show it working that would help too.

Yes it does. Anything that can act even barely on it's own runs on a program. I'm not entirely sure HUD can be hacked, even though it is computerized. However, HUD is a vision mode and a feature of Boba's helmet. Boba's helmet does not run entirely on HUD. Boba still has infrared, a gas filter, an audio filter, and an oxygen supply. So HUD could be hacked, but that doesn't mean the entire helmet will be inoperable. Furthermore, this is alien technology. It's very possible that Boba's HUD works in an entirely different way than our HUD. For example, according to Wookiepedia, HUD is operated by blinking and eye movement (which is really the only logical explanation of how Boba operates his helmet), which is nothing any other HUD is capable of. And to add on to that, it can't be guaranteed that something so alien can be hacked by somebody who isn't familiar with the technology.

Also, may I ask for some more hacking examples? So far I've seen the Motoko hack brains twice (one where she had to sneak up on a guy and plug into him, and the other where she hacked into her partners brain and made him punch himself. But that's a system she's very well-versed with that system since she shares it).

Here are some showcases of Boba's HUD:

No he still was hurt by the attack but he just continued to fight.

Put it like this: If someone cut a normal person arm off that wouldn't be in the fighting mood anymore not if someone Cut Guts arm off he'll just continue to fight until the fight is over.

It's not durability it's stamina an endurance.

You're right. If somebody had their arm cut off they wouldn't be in a fighting mood. In fact, they wouldn't be in any mood. They'd be dead unless the bleeding ban be stopped somehow. Same thing here. I'm not sure if anybody could actually pass through a lightning cloud and survive. When lightning strikes, Granted that his pain tolerance helped him endure the pain of it all. But you can't say durability didn't play a part of it. Either way, now that I think about it, I suppose its not above the durability limits anyways.

Now I can see from these comments that you're thinking of anime Guts...Stop That.

The anime only cover 1/10th of the stories and not even half of Guts's feats and showing

Well, it's still cannon :)

Hmm how fast is these blaster cause has reacted and kept up with some impressive things

I'd say they're slower than bullets but a little faster than arrows and crossbow bolts.

looks pretty peak to me

... I was basing it off what I saw in the anime clips leave me alone ;)

That is indeed impressive speed based off that, but like I said. Boba has dealt with people who have speed rivaling or even surpassing Guts' speed.

Also, is Guts' combat speed that fast on a regular basis out of curiosity? Because if the anime is still cannon, it's pretty contradictory. Or did he receive some enhancement?

I should also reiterate that close combat was an option. Boba has his jetpack to keep Guts at a distance, and this is in fact the more likely since he's more of a weapons guy (and reasonably so). This way, Guts won't be able to get to him but Boba has plenty of ways of getting to him. But again this is all dependent on whether Guts does close the gap or not.

Also even IF guts can't use his speed to get out that jam he still could his immence sword to block him.

Considering it was able to block off a large body moving at sonic speed.

He had a chance to time it on both accounts. It wasn't really a reaction. He wouldn't have a chance to time a blaster bolt coming.

He his sword not been there he would been killed also when just slightly lowered her speed to guts was able to still keep up with her

Your improper grammar is confuzzling me brah!

If Gut sword shields him or if he is able to avoid the any attack he will just go Berserker (yes it doesn't require much for him to changes).

So no it won't be quick and painless.

Since when did Guts go to the Berserker armor first thing? You've only showed him using it once. And in the wiki it said he only used at as a trump card against really powerful beings. Somehow I don't think its in Guts' character to start out with the Berserker armor when he's fighting street-levelers such as Boba Fett and Hei.

You also have to keep in mind that the Berserker armor is still subject to the durability limits. It may be able to numb the sense of pain, but it can't be completely invulnerable. If a mini-concussion missile hits him for example, he's dead.

No Caption Provided

Boba's explosive won't be quite as large. It's still subject to the explosive limits (blast radius of 30 yards). But even then I'm sure it'd be enough to kill him.

And I just want to point out that, even if the durability limit wasn't there, Boba still has a weapon that'd KO Guts even in his Berseker armor.

No Caption Provided

Totally painless, but it still instantly KO's :)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Floopay

@fetts: I'll respond tonight. Death in the family, someone close, I've been pretty busy sorting a bunch of stuff out.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: Before I give my counter argument, let me clear this up for you.

The anime of Berserk was a flashback, detailing the events of Guts life from age 14 to 17, almost all the scan I've shown are from the manga that show Guts at his current state an age,23 an in those 4 years Guts has become much stronger,smarter, and crazier then the anime portrayed. Hell I'd go far as to say current Guts would probably one shot the 17 year old Guts.

So no there is no inconsistency here, Guts just got stronger.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fetts
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Floopay

@fetts: @skit: @thatguywithheadphones:

Well, considering lightning looked like it dang near KO'd Guts in those scans, I'm really questioning his resistance.

The Water

Motoko can avoid him all she wants, if she does then she has no way of really getting at Hei. Boba is in his Jetpack, and Guts really doesn't have much ability to get at him, so Guts is stuck either pursuing an effort in futility and attempt to take Boba in the air, and be gunned down by someone with vastly superior mobility and ranged weaponry, or he can go after Hei. And I doubt he's going to run away from Hei.

Bullets, crossbow bolts, and etc. are useless against Hei, his coat is practically immune to that sort of thing. Cannon fire is the only thing that may harm him with your ranged arsenal, but landing a shot is going to be dang near impossible between the noise a cannon produces, and the fact that a cannon ball doesn't travel very fast.

As you can see Hei has some immense reflexes.

Wei can disintegrate anything his blood touches. Hei is able to fake his death here and defeat Wei later.

Should also be noted that blood is conductive, and Hei can send his electrical shock through blood.

Loading Video...

Hei vs. Multiple Contractors simultaneously

Hei can deal with invisibles, he has in the past. This guy goes invisible at the beginning of the fight (completely invisible), and Hei is able to pinpoint his location with ease.

0:35 - 0:45 - Guy goes invisible, team begins attacking Hei

0:45 - 1:00 - Hei dodges a dozen or more projectiles with ease.

1:00 - 1:15 - Hei kills a guy with ranged and pinpoint accuracy

1:15- 1:25 - Hei's coat deflects all projectiles without damage, and he takes out a guy with one well aimed shot

1:25- End - Catches the invisible guy.

Loading Video...

Hei vs. Contractors

Explains his coat, and shows off his wire, and overall skill and ability a bit.

Loading Video...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Skit

@fetts: Gut's: He can't see hacking though and even if he could,that would seem like nothing more than magic. Gun's and her neck port's(which are barely seeable ) are the only thing. Could you at least give me an example of something that could come up,because unless her body explode's there's nothing I can think of. The anime isn't an accurate representation of Gut's. The anime take's out a character who is only second to Gut's in screen time,they also heavily edited the show due to the graphic nature of the manga(this about the cannon comment and in general). You have to take into consideration that it is a manga and like a lot of other's,there's character development. Not just mentally(as he see's some messed up stuff) but physically. Unlike comic's the character slowly get's stronger as the plot goes on,so 1/10 is him at a weaker point.

The video is of the laughing man(the guy from the video),who teach's her at the end of the first season how to get that good at hacking. I showed that video because it show's the scale and degree of hacking that can be done by her after upgrading. I can show a video of him teaching her or her doing stuff like hacking be people just with her voice(over the phone) if really needed. The cloaking yeah she couldn't hack because they were poncho's. There's where so crappy in comparison to her's because her's actually block's every sense(beside's smell).This is because her's has a program dedicated to it IIRC. She should have been able to hack the people themselves though,hence the prep. Batou a few episode's later note's that the suit's have to high a technology to be hacked(the special force's)

The point isn't the HUD it's self,it's the fact it present's DATA. Where does it get said data? The plane quote said that for plane's it's computer's and other program's. It has to get the data from some where and in most HUD's it's a computer. Google Glass somewhat operate's use's eye movement and voice and some other system's do too. That's not really a big jump in technology even by modern standard's. Motoko is from a time period that's 15+ year's in the future and is a lot more advanced. A lot of the conversation's take place through thought. Bobba's armor and weapon's where built by his human father where they not?

Of course,here's a few instance's of hacking. This one(turn on the captions) is from the brand new prequel,as you can see she could hack Batou before she even knew him.

Loading Video...

If you watch 10:45 of the video I posted earlier(the full episode one),you can see her hacking a guy over the phone.

Here she strolls right into a guarded building(dressed as the laughing man) and after abducting the guy has a conversation with him. The guy is the same one from the laughing man hacking video from earlier .He clearly knew his voice and what he looked like,yet he had no clue it was Motoko. watch from 9:00-10:30.

Loading Video...

There's a lot of other instance's but are difficult to find.

Those two scan's show his helmet analysing and thus thinking,that further suggests his helmet can be hacked.

I'll leave the rest to @thatguywithheadphones.

@floopay Sorry to hear about that.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fetts

@skit

@fetts: Gut's: He can't see hacking though and even if he could,that would seem like nothing more than magic. Gun's and her neck port's(which are barely seeable ) are the only thing. Could you at least give me an example of something that could come up,because unless her body explode's there's nothing I can think of. The anime isn't an accurate representation of Gut's. The anime take's out a character who is only second to Gut's in screen time,they also heavily edited the show due to the graphic nature of the manga(this about the cannon comment and in general). You have to take into consideration that it is a manga and like a lot of other's,there's character development. Not just mentally(as he see's some messed up stuff) but physically. Unlike comic's the character slowly get's stronger as the plot goes on,so 1/10 is him at a weaker point

I gave you an example. Hacking. If Motoko were to use this her hacking abilities on Boba, Guts might be confused to what happened to Boba and why he was suddenly disoriented for a second. Or perhaps guns. When Motoko goes guns blazing, the very sound of them might startle Guts. The fact that trees bark and whatnot are exploding wherever Motoko aims might befuddle Guts. He's completely unfamiliar with guns. He might think of it as magic, but that doesn't mean he'll think nothing of it either. You can't tell me that the power guns have isn't going to startle somebody who has never seen or heard of (emphasis on that because demons and gods and whatnot have been heard of) guns before.

And ya I get that the anime version is a younger and weaker version of Guts now. My mistake.

The video is of the laughing man(the guy from the video),who teach's her at the end of the first season how to get that good at hacking. I showed that video because it show's the scale and degree of hacking that can be done by her after upgrading. I can show a video of him teaching her or her doing stuff like hacking be people just with her voice(over the phone) if really needed. The cloaking yeah she couldn't hack because they were poncho's. There's where so crappy in comparison to her's because her's actually block's every sense(beside's smell).This is because her's has a program dedicated to it IIRC. She should have been able to hack the people themselves though,hence the prep. Batou a few episode's later note's that the suit's have to high a technology to be hacked(the special force's)

Oh ok. So you're just showcasing what The Laughing Man can do and his level of hacking. Gotcha. I thought you were trying to show some feat of Motoko's. But anywho, just so you know (this is really important, but what the heck) cameras of that sort what it's filming to a camera control unit, which then broadcasts those images out to the world. What's really being hacked is the camera control unit, not the camera itself. You ever see any of the Mission Impossibles or National Treasure? You know when hackers make it look like a hallway is empty on the security viewscreens so that his/her buddy can get through undetected? It's kinda the same concept. The camera itself can see the hacker's buddy, but the transmission isn't going through to the viewscreen like it should be because it's really the camera control unit which has been hacked.

Ok fair enough.

The point isn't the HUD it's self,it's the fact it present's DATA. Where does it get said data? The plane quote said that for plane's it's computer's and other program's. It has to get the data from some where and in most HUD's it's a computer. Google Glass somewhat operate's use's eye movement and voice and some other system's do too. That's not really a big jump in technology even by modern standard's. Motoko is from a time period that's 15+ year's in the future and is a lot more advanced. A lot of the conversation's take place through thought. Bobba's armor and weapon's where built by his human father where they not?

Yes but my point is that HUD is the only thing in that helmet that is connected to that computer. Like I said, HUD is a feature of the helmet. And it's the only feature that's connected to a computer. The infrared, audio filters, gas filters, and oxygen supply are completely separate from that connection to the computer because they don't require a computer.

Firstly, only the jetpack was from Jango (and he didn't build it himself). Secondly, where are you trying to get with that? Sure there are humans in the Star Wars Universe but the technology is completely different (and that's the only thing that matters). I don't think I need to explain myself too much on that. Take a look at a Star Destroyer, the Death Star, a lightsaber, a blaster, whatever. I think you can tell the technology is very different from our own, and because of that it's very possible that Boba's HUD won't be so accessible. But even if it was, Boba still has infrared.

Also, let's just say that Motoko hypothetically did hack the helmet and all of it's features. Boba isn't THAT handicapped when it comes to this fight. He still has a kickass variety of weapons, he's still a good shot, he can still see through it (it's not like he doesn't have eyes of his own), he still has a jetpack to keep his distance and fly circles around your team, he still has his fighting ability, reflexes, cunning, etc. He still has plenty of advantages in this fight and the helmet really isn't that vital to a victory.

Of course,here's a few instance's of hacking. This one(turn on the captions) is from the brand new prequel,as you can see she could hack Batou before she even knew him.

Loading Video...

If you watch 10:45 of the video I posted earlier(the full episode one),you can see her hacking a guy over the phone.

This is mainly what I wanted to see. I was just curious on how fast she can hack. Though I don't think it really matter. Thanks anyways.

Those two scan's show his helmet analysing and thus thinking,that further suggests his helmet can be hacked.

Those two scans show his HUD analyzing and thus thinking. That suggests that the computer HUD is connected to can be hacked. But it does not prove that the entire helmet can be hacked.

Alright, so far I've been countering points and siding with points. Now it's my turn to make and emphasize my own points.

One of the reason why I love Boba Fett so much is that he has arguably the most lethal arsenal that's street-level. He almost always has the advantage in long-ranged combat. But another reason why he's so great is that he has a jetpack. This means that not only does he almost always have the advantage in long-ranged combat, but he also has the means to keep that long-ranged when somebody is closing in. Boba has used this tactic more than once. And that's what is going to happen here.

Guts' strongest suit is close-combat. He doesn't really have any way to down Boba. @thatguywithheadphones, for long-ranged weapons, you gave Guts throwing knives, his cannon mechanical arm, and his repeater crossbow (I think I saw him wield it in an another video, and I think that's what you mean by arrow launcher). None of them are able to overcome Boba's reflexes

and maneuverability

Outmaneuvers a volley of blaster cannon fire
Outmaneuvers a volley of blaster cannon fire

Throwing knives are the lowest of the low in Guts' weaponry. They're inaccurate, they're monumentally slower than what's needed to tag Boba Fett, and they can't really penetrate Boba's armor and clothing in the first place. Then you have the repeater crossbow. It probably has the best chance of tagging Boba, but it's still not enough. Boba's reflexes alone are enough to deal with crossbow bolts. Then you factor in Boba's jetpack speed and maneuverability and it has no chance. Plus, they'd probably just bounce off him anyways. And lastly, there's the cannonball arm. Unlike the others weapons Guts has on his person, this weapon is actually capable of harming Boba due to it's size and mass. However, a cannonball travels less than 100 mph. That's easily in Boba's comfort zone. Like everything else, his reflexes alone are enough.

And then there's Motoko. She has the better chance of downing Boba. Bullets are fast enough to tag Boba. She even has HV and explosive rounds (which btw, aren't that explosive unless you have a really high caliber gun, which she doesn't. And since she has a handgun, they probably won't have as powerful results as the glock 17 with explosive rounds shown in the video below).

Loading Video...

Skip to 1:33

But those high velocity and explosive rounds may give Boba a small punch, they're just not enough to defeat Boba's blaster bolt and missile tanking durability.

Read from right to left

Motoko also has a grenade launcher, which could also harm Boba. However grenade launcher (attachments) don't fire at even half the speed a bullet does and can easily be dodged by Boba yet again.

And to go even further, Hei has disabled trigger mechanisms before and can do so here.

So in conclusion, you guys have no real way of putting Boba down. And meanwhile, he can rain down hell upon Guts and Motoko with blaster bolts, explosives, and many other goodies.

Another small thing I want to re-emphasize on is that Boba's missile (the one in his jetpack) contains an ion charge.

No Caption Provided
"Wasn't me. My missile packed an ion charge---- wouldn't do more than shut down the engines. Wasn't me.

What is an ion charge you might ask? An ion charge is pretty much the Star Wars equivalent of an electromagnetic pulse (for those of you who don't know, those shut down electronics on contact).

Loading Video...

Watch from 2:46 to 3:07. Here's a showcase of an ion cannon at work. Just posting it to back up my statement.

So if that missile's explosion even knicked Motoko, she'd be out for the count. Now, I will grant you that Boba doesn't know Motoko is a machine. But I'm just pointing out that in the event that Boba did fire it at her and Guts, that she'd be out regardless of her durability.

Your turn guys ;)

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

. Or perhaps guns. When Motoko goes guns blazing, the very sound of them might startle Guts. The fact that trees bark and whatnot are exploding wherever Motoko aims might befuddle Guts. He's completely unfamiliar with guns. He might think of it as magic, but that doesn't mean he'll think nothing of it either. You can't tell me that the power guns have isn't going to startle somebody who has never seen or heard of (emphasis on that because demons and gods and whatnot have been heard of) guns before.

That is indeed impressive speed based off that, but like I said. Boba has dealt with people who have speed rivaling or even surpassing Guts' speed.

Also, is Guts' combat speed that fast on a regular basis out of curiosity? Because if the anime is still cannon, it's pretty contradictory. Or did he receive some enhancement?

U know Guts has a cannon for an arm so I dought he'd by that shock, an yes the speed is I've shown is Guts consistent speed, also can I see how Boba deals with speed.

I should also reiterate that close combat was an option. Boba has his jetpack to keep Guts at a distance, and this is in fact the more likely since he's more of a weapons guy (and reasonably so). This way, Guts won't be able to get to him but Boba has plenty of ways of getting to him. But again this is all dependent on whether Guts does close the gap or not.

Can I see how he'd get him

He had a chance to time it on both accounts. It wasn't really a reaction. He wouldn't have a chance to time a blaster bolt coming.

Okay well let me post a more accurate portrayal of Guts speed + Reaction

Here Guts is Zodd are fighting and reaction to each other at speed for faster then the eye can see (note rickon statement ''I can't see what's going on'' and Guts saying that if he'd blink he'd be dead.)and making nothing blurs of there movements.

Also Guts has shown some capabilities against some flying opponents

Also another good showing of Guts reaction considering Guts couldn't even keep up with the other guy and it shows how Guts can also can swing his considerably large blade, also this show how Guts uses his equipment he doesn't just go off shooting his cannon he waits for his opponent

Even if Boba just keeps his distance what exactly could he do against Guts I mean Guts could just move out of the way of his projectiles and attacks(I can provide more proof if you want) and I'm pretty sure Boba doesn't have an Infinite amount of ammo and fuel to just stay up thought out the entire duration of the fight.

Boba is in his Jetpack, and Guts really doesn't have much ability to get at him, so Guts is stuck either pursuing an effort in futility and attempt to take Boba in the air, and be gunned down by someone with vastly superior mobility and ranged weaponry, or he can go after Hei. And I doubt he's going to run away from Hei.

Bullets, crossbow bolts, and etc. are useless against Hei, his coat is practically immune to that sort of thing. Cannon fire is the only thing that may harm him with your ranged arsenal, but landing a shot is going to be dang near impossible between the noise a cannon produces, and the fact that a cannon ball doesn't travel very fast

Okay so lets say Guts chose to fight Hei.

While Hei reaction and powers are impressive, but I don't think he could really get Guts considering he has to be in close range to really do anything in this setting and considering Guts sword swinging speed that would just be suicide ...so what about the knife, well Guts can just move out of the way.

and if Hei get too close he'd be cannoned, since that is the only time Guts use his cannon(in close combat at the end of a fight) also Guts has 10 small explosives on him

If it doesn't Kill him it would atleast hurt him due to the sound of the explosive in his ears. and that would be all Guts need for Gut to just cleave him in twain.

Since when did Guts go to the Berserker armor first thing? You've only showed him using it once. And in the wiki it said he only used at as a trump card against really powerful beings. Somehow I don't think its in Guts' character to start out with the Berserker armor when he's fighting street-levelers such as Boba Fett and Hei.

You're misinformed Guts has no control over the Berserk armor and it will activate itself whenever Guts is just is in the most minimum amount of stress he can only uses it as his ''trump card'' if his witch friend is around.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: A few questions. Does Hei's jacket just stop the bullet or the force behind the bullet too? When he got shot in the back he didn't move(besides falling a second or so later),but when he's on the ground he jiggles when shot.

Does the jacket protect from explosions and is Hei's mask as durable as his jacket?

When Hei detected the invisible guy,was it because he has some extra sense(something along the lines of DBZ) or he just heard him coming?

@fetts Like I said he can't even see it and there's nothing that even would suggest she's doing it. Anyway's that's easily passable as magic. Gun's really aren't that amazing to people(dark age's and older) considering they have existed for roughly a 1000 years and the idea and concept for them even longer. Gut's deal's/dealt with explosive's and cannons.

Yeah I should have worded the camera part a bit better. I meant it as she can hack something else through a device as simple as a camera. The whole point of the hacking his helmet is the mess with his vision and create illusion's to basically keep him out of the fight temporarily. Some of that stuff probably is(such as showing oxygen levels and what not) but again that;s not what I'm going after.

I thought the full armor was built by his father,I guess I was wrong. Our own yes, GitS vers not as huge a leap. While it's not even 20 year's in the future,it's way beyond our own. Bobba;s suite while having alien influence doesn't really show it. You have a point,while it's not going to be an insta-hack she's still going to be able to do it in seconds.That jetpack is going to help keep a distance but Motoko can still jump like crazy and get in his face she really wanted to(unless he's like skyscraper height or something of course). IR also doesn't track her when she's cloaked(I can post proof if needed).

You can't think of Motoko's HV and explosive rounds like modern day one's The explosive rounds aren't so much bullet's as anybody could live from getting shot just not the explosion. The manga doesn't really do it justice and exists in a separate continuity to everything, so I'm to try and get the scene from the movie. Here's the manga for right now.

No Caption Provided

Neither missile's nor blaster's have anywhere close to the penetration level of even a bullet,let alone HV one's. The missile should be pretty obvious why. The blasters from what I've seen in the movie's and limited exposure to the EU,seem to just be raw energy based how they generally explode(burn as well) and never go through people like a laser. This pretty well sum's up how powerful they are even against a heavily armored van.You can stop at the 50 second mark.

Loading Video...

Motoko could dodge everything used by Bobba,he really lacks in speed in term's of weaponry. Motoko was stated as being heavily EMP proof in an interview(I'm going to have really look for this as I don't remember what it was for),which makes sense as you could kill 80% of the world population with just EMP's.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit:

@floopay: A few questions. Does Hei's jacket just stop the bullet or the force behind the bullet too? When he got shot in the back he didn't move(besides falling a second or so later),but when he's on the ground he jiggles when shot.

Does the jacket protect from explosions and is Hei's mask as durable as his jacket?

When Hei detected the invisible guy,was it because he has some extra sense(something along the lines of DBZ) or he just heard him coming?

Hei has never shown to bruise or feel the effects of a bullet or any projectile stopped by his jacket.

As for the invisible guy. I don't think it's heightened senses moreso than perfect situational awareness. The guy was relatively quiet (silent actually), and Hei just instinctively knew the guys location.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones@skit

U know Guts has a cannon for an arm so I dought he'd by that shock, an yes the speed is I've shown is Guts consistent speed, also can I see how Boba deals with speed.

Gun's really aren't that amazing to people(dark age's and older) considering they have existed for roughly a 1000 years and the idea and concept for them even longer. Gut's deal's/dealt with explosive's and cannons.

Ooooohhhh yyyeeeaaahhhh. That's a good point! Heh. My bad.

Can I see how he'd get him

Absolutely!

Scan 1: Flamethrower shows it can have enough concussive force to snap chains in half.

Scan 2: Missile shows it can blow up an alleyway. The concentrated deeb spray is showcased at the end as well.

Scan 3: Boba's flamethrower has unique properties. It can set noncombustible objects (such as a metal floor as shown) ablaze. The same thing that he did in this scan can also happen here. He could set the forest on fire if he really needed to, limiting Guts' and Motoko's vision, breathing, etc.

Read each pair of scans from right to left from this point

Scans 4-5: Dat sonic detonator. It even shows that it's even capable of overloading sophisticated machines such as PROXY. This could be useful in this battle.

Scans 6-7: A showcase of his thermal detonator.

Scans 8-9: Here's the big kahuna! His mini-concussion missile absolutely obliterates a gigantic droid. Now again, it'd obviously have to fall under the blast radius limits I setup previously. But even 30 yards should be sufficient enough to do some major damage to your duo.

Motoko could dodge everything used by Bobba,he really lacks in speed in term's of weaponry.

Even if Boba just keeps his distance what exactly could he do against Guts I mean Guts could just move out of the way of his projectiles and attacks(I can provide more proof if you want) and I'm pretty sure Boba doesn't have an Infinite amount of ammo and fuel to just stay up thought out the entire duration of the fight.

Indeed I will grant you that none of Boba's weapons are as fast as bullets. But as I've just shown, they don't have to be. Much of Boba's weaponry were made for widespread effects (explosives and sonic detonator) or could be used to have a widespread effect (flamethrower). Motoko and Guts may be able to dodge the actual missiles and detonators themselves. But the blast radius will get them.

Okay well let me post a more accurate portrayal of Guts speed + Reaction

Here Guts is Zodd are fighting and reaction to each other at speed for faster then the eye can see (note rickon statement ''I can't see what's going on'' and Guts saying that if he'd blink he'd be dead.)and making nothing blurs of there movements.

Also Guts has shown some capabilities against some flying opponents

Also another good showing of Guts reaction considering Guts couldn't even keep up with the other guy and it shows how Guts can also can swing his considerably large blade, also this show how Guts uses his equipment he doesn't just go off shooting his cannon he waits for his opponent

As for the flying opponents he faced, none of them were trying to keep their distance like Boba would be here. And they couldn't really because they didn't really have any long-ranged weapons, unlike Boba.

But anywho, Boba has dealt with people with similar speed before. I've mentioned before that Boba has dealt with Jedi before. Well today, I'm about to show you a fight between Boba and a Sith. And no! It's not Darth Vader for all of you voters who actually think you know what I'm talking about! In fact, I have never posted this fight in the past before (only God knows why). I just recently scanned it actually. Ladies and gentlemen! Raise your voices for....

Bbbbbbbbbbboba Fffeetttt! Versus! Ssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaarkiller!

Well... er. A deformed Starkiller clone that is... But pft! Details. So overrated ;)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So first thing that happens: The deformed Starkiller clone (I'm gonna call it Frank, cause I'm too lazy to type in "deformed Starkiller clone" over and over again) actually tries to blitz Boba from about 20 feet away with a Force Speed vertical leap... I'm sure there's a better name for that. But the video below will show you what I mean.

Loading Video...

Skip to 4:31

Boba nearly gets his blaster up and gets the shot off. Frank sees this and reacts by slicing the blaster. Now you're probably thinking that Frank could have sliced Boba in half instead, but Boba might have gotten the shot off had Frank gone for a longer reach. Frank really had to react to the blaster in some sort of way. Thus he sliced the blaster. From there, Boba uses his flamethrower in hopes of burning him to a crisp. Before he manages that though, Frank gets mad and uses TK to hurl Boba away. Boba grabs hold of the ledge and launches the missile at Frank's head.

Mainly I wanted you to take notice of how Boba reacted to this speed blitz. Something that should be definitely noted though is that Frank's deformed appearance of Starkiller would have certainly caught Boba off guard, which would have tainted his reflexes a bit.

Another thing though. That combat speed really seems like it is above the combat speed limits. I allowed manga and anime characters, but in every tourney there's always at least one character (usually from said manga or anime) that somehow manages to be accepted by the host when he/she shouldn't have been. Thus I made this rule:

-Anybody who somehow managed to get a character that is above the limits, will be reduced to the limits provided in whatever way they surpass the limits.

Even I had to succumb to this rule with Boba's mini-concussion missile. And I honestly do hate to be that guy who always has to bring up the rules in a fight because it always makes it seem like I'm pretty much saying "that guy could kick my ass (which I'm definitely not saying) so I'm going to nitpick on the character with the rules (my own rules at that)" and so on. But you have to understand that I also have to keep the other contestants in mind. If you do so happened to win this fight (which you won't ;) ), other people are going to have an issue with it as well. It's just not fair for one person to have a character over the limits while everybody else had to follow the limits.

If it doesn't Kill him it would atleast hurt him due to the sound of the explosive in his ears. and that would be all Guts need for Gut to just cleave him in twain.

I'll going to leave Floopay to defend Hei for the most part. But please. I think this is just a tad ridiculous. Has anyone ever cringed in pain at the sound of his cannon? I don't see Guts doing it. And he's the one who's firing it! I've seen it fired a couple of times, and I see nobody rolling down in pain due to the sound of it. I have complete confidence that @floopay could give plenty of videos of Hei encountering explosions and guns (which, correct me if I'm wrong, are louder) and not having any ear troubles.

@fetts Like I said he can't even see it and there's nothing that even would suggest she's doing it. Anyway's that's easily passable as magic.

But what I'm saying is that if Motoko was an open book about her hacking abilities previously (which I'd think she would), and if Guts saw it in action (like Boba's helmet suddenly getting hacked), he might be a little mystified. However, Boba's helmet isn't going to be hacked at all actually. And I'm going to give good reason as to why.

I do suppose Guts doesn't get surprised as much as most people would. I still definitely see the possibility that he could be, just because Motoko has abilities (not just hacking, invisibility is another big one) that is just completely different from anything he's ever faced or heard of before. But at the same time I will give you guys that it is possible he might not be surprised. Either way, whether he is or isn't, I don't think it'll really change the outcome of the battle much either. Also, this is really a point that should be backed up by @floopay more than myself, since he's the one that brought it up.

Yeah I should have worded the camera part a bit better. I meant it as she can hack something else through a device as simple as a camera. The whole point of the hacking his helmet is the mess with his vision and create illusion's to basically keep him out of the fight temporarily. Some of that stuff probably is(such as showing oxygen levels and what not) but again that;s not what I'm going after.

It took The Laughing Man several seconds to get the logo to cover his face. To create actual realistic figures and objects in Boba's helmet would probably a) be out of her capabilities and b) would take hours even if she could. But she can't hack Boba's helmet period. And you'll find a full explanation to why I say this as you read on.

Bobba;s suite while having alien influence doesn't really show it. You have a point,while it's not going to be an insta-hack she's still going to be able to do it in seconds.

Ok firstly, a couple of seconds wouldn't be enough. It'd have to be instantaneous. It'll take but a second for Boba to go guns blazing and Hei to pull his ninja awesomeness. Motoko would have to react and spend her concentration on fighting and evading. Hacking requires concentration, and I think it's safe to say Motoko needs it when she's hacking too. Every time you've posted her hacking abilities, she was either not fighting, or had to do it before a fight. Unless you can prove me wrong of course, she can't do it in the middle of combat.

Secondly, I'm about to prove to you that she can't do it to Boba's helmet period. Why? Because it's alien. I know what you're thinking. "But Fetts! You sexy bachelor! We've already been over that point!". Well, let me elaborate on that a little. The Star Wars Universe and the real universe (earth to be more precise) is similar but different. We have similar concepts, but they're still kinda different. Several examples: We have blades, and they have blades. But our blades are completely different from theirs. Our blades are made of metal and have blunt sides. Their blades are made of plasma and have no blunt sides. Another example: we have guns and they have guns. Our guns fire small lead bullets and require reloads. Their guns fire concussive bolts of energy and require no reloads. Well, it's the same way writing and programming. Now it's true that both speak English (and that's for reader/viewer purposes). But both don't write in English. We do have written languages. And they have written languages. But their written language is much different than ours.

If you've ever done any type of programming, you'll find that their are different types of programming. Let's take C Programming for example. If you wanted "Boba Fett is a boss" to appear on the screen, you'd put in your program:

printf ("Boba Fett is a boss");

Now let's just say hypothetically, Motoko wanted "Boba Fett is a boss" to appear on Boba's helmet. She couldn't. Wanna know why? Because the language/words used in the helmet's program might look something like this:

Mandalorian text
Mandalorian text

She'd be like, "Wtf? What is this crap?". She can't hack a program or a computer if she doesn't understand the language used in it.

That jetpack is going to help keep a distance but Motoko can still jump like crazy and get in his face she really wanted to(unless he's like skyscraper height or something of course). IR also doesn't track her when she's cloaked(I can post proof if needed).

Jets are faster than jumps my friends.

That's fine. Boba still has his crazy audio sensors. And Hei has dealt with invisible people before with no problem.

You can't think of Motoko's HV and explosive rounds like modern day one's The explosive rounds aren't so much bullet's as anybody could live from getting shot just not the explosion. The manga doesn't really do it justice and exists in a separate continuity to everything, so I'm to try and get the scene from the movie. Here's the manga for right now.

No Caption Provided

I'll just wait until you post the clip so I can post a proper response.

Neither missile's nor blaster's have anywhere close to the penetration level of even a bullet,let alone HV one's. The missile should be pretty obvious why. The blasters from what I've seen in the movie's and limited exposure to the EU,seem to just be raw energy based how they generally explode(burn as well) and never go through people like a laser. This pretty well sum's up how powerful they are even against a heavily armored van.You can stop at the 50 second

mark.

Loading Video...

I'm still quite confident it can take bullets. Anything that can practically tank a missile is usually bulletproof bro. Missiles have an even worse effect than bullets, and I think they technically do penetrate. Take a thin steel wall for example. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if a missile was fired at that, the explosion would penetrate and rip a huge hole in that wall. If a bullet was fired at that wall, it would only penetrate a small hole. It took him a buttload of shots for him to make that blow. A missile launcher would have done that shot with just one. The explosion would have penetrated the side of the vehicle and then expand, often to the point where it's larger than the vehicle. RPGs are commonly used for this I believe.

Motoko was stated as being heavily EMP proof in an interview(I'm going to have really look for this as I don't remember what it was for),which makes sense as you could kill 80% of the world population with just EMP's.

Well, actually. Star Wars does have EMPs as well. Ion charges and EMPs might have the same result, but I'm not entirely sure they work the same way.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: The flamethrower wouldn't do a ton as carbon nanotube's can absorb and handle heat like crazy. The speed of the weapon's is more for the fact she can dodge the blaster's and shoot down missile's. She's also a cyborg you have to remember and as such is still partially human. Something meant for working on a machine's won't be as effective on her. She also way's a ton(figuratively) and combined with her durability explosion's and the shock waves created by them aren't doing much. At 20:30 she's right at the center of the explosion.

Loading Video...

Okay,I don't think me or @thatguywithheadphones really intend to blitz. I'm assuming the speed nerfing is about Guts anyways.

She has no real reason to mention hacking,basically everybody in the GitS verse can and knows about it. She'll assume Gut's already fully know's. If it did get brought up for some reason and had to explain it,it would sound a lot like magic. They have also been hanging out for the previous day and as such cleared up any confusion's that might come up. It's not like it's a language barrier(Motoko can speak and read English). Speaking of which. Can Hei speak English,or Bobba Chinese(Hei's chinese instead of Japanese right)?

The laughing man didn't have to take so long,he was screwing around(hence why he put the logo over the weather as well) and putting on a performence. He was also hacking all the people eye's around him at the same time. In the the video i posted of her in the prequel,she was creating a vivid enough illusion for Batou to really think his gun was on the ground in the middle of fighting him. She's a good multi-tasker in combat. She will have a few second's,she's going to be cloaking first thing. The very worse case scenario she just say's screw it, I'm messing up anything I can.

Lucky for Motoko she doesn't make any sound while cloaked(unless in water),smell is the only way your picking her up.

Finally found the damn scene, I almost just uploaded and edit the video my self

Loading Video...

As you can see a single bullet destroy's the head and a chunk of the chest. Based of all the wire's flailing about it's safe to assume he was a cyborg and as such had enhanced durability.

Yes and no. If said wall is over 2 inches thick,then it probably would only be dented. Armored vehicle's(such as an Humvee or the van from the video) can take an RPG. Watch from 25 second mark for a few seconds. No body died(the lady almost did,but she got hit by it)from it and the Humvee is fine and proceed's to drive off.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

RPG's are usually used for when they generally want the people inside to survive(flipping over the vehicle or just disabling it).

The fact that a few hundred pound cyborg had to brace himself and got pushed back just by firing it. Not only did they go right through they also left huge(in comparison to a bullet)crater's. That's an armored van,that as seen bullet's don't even go though.

If it work's through electricity then it should work the same.

@floopay I'll make a response tomorrow for Hei,I need to go to sleep.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That moment when you're in the middle of a response and the internet fails you >:(

I'll just do it tomorrow.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit

@fetts: The flamethrower wouldn't do a ton as carbon nanotube's can absorb and handle heat like crazy. The speed of the weapon's is more for the fact she can dodge the blaster's and shoot down missile's.

Oh I knew it wasn't going to kill her or even harm much. I was just thinking he could use it to handicap her vision and breathing just a bit, as well as Guts'.

Dodge blaster bolts? Sure I'll give her that one. But shooting down missiles? I'm calling bullpoop on that one. She's no Deadshot or Hawkeye. The first video you posted proves that (the one where you said to skip to 20:15). I just don't see it happening.

She's also a cyborg you have to remember and as such is still partially human. Something meant for working on a machine's won't be as effective on her. She also way's a ton(figuratively) and combined with her durability explosion's and the shock waves created by them aren't doing much. At 20:30 she's right at the center of the explosion.

Loading Video...

She may be part human, but many of her functions rely on her mechanics. Thus ion charges and sonic detonators could still probably shut down most of her body.

Whether she can or can't tank explosions like that is irrelevant. She is subject to the durability limits, and thus her durability is lowered to the point where Boba's missiles would have an effect on her. Also, I'm kinda skeptical of that feat. Earlier I showed a video where she ran away from an Armored Suit with some type of missile launcher. She had to dive out of the missiles way and into another room. And that explosion was much less powerful than the one you showed.

Okay,I don't think me or @thatguywithheadphones really intend to blitz. I'm assuming the speed nerfing is about Guts anyways.

Ya I was referring to Guts. Motoko should be fine in that sense.

She has no real reason to mention hacking,basically everybody in the GitS verse can and knows about it. She'll assume Gut's already fully know's. If it did get brought up for some reason and had to explain it,it would sound a lot like magic. They have also been hanging out for the previous day and as such cleared up any confusion's that might come up. It's not like it's a language barrier(Motoko can speak and read English). Speaking of which. Can Hei speak English,or Bobba Chinese(Hei's chinese instead of Japanese right)?

Yes but Guts isn't from the GitS universe. The guy is from the Dark Ages and he looks the part. I sincerely doubt that she'd assume Guts is up to date on technology. And it'd be more complicated than that. She'd have to explain computers, algorithms, programming, etc. All of which could be very difficult for Guts to comprehend because it's just too futuristic for him.

This is probably more of a question for @floopay to answer, but I'd assume Hei speaks English. I mean, he's shown to know it in the videos @floopay posted. Whether that was for viewer purposes or not, I don't know. If it was, I'm still sure Hei can speak English. Hei is an assassin. His job requires him to travel around the world, and thus assassins know many languages. English is almost always one of them.

The laughing man didn't have to take so long,he was screwing around(hence why he put the logo over the weather as well) and putting on a performence. He was also hacking all the people eye's around him at the same time. In the the video i posted of her in the prequel,she was creating a vivid enough illusion for Batou to really think his gun was on the ground in the middle of fighting him. She's a good multi-tasker in combat. She will have a few second's,she's going to be cloaking first thing. The very worse case scenario she just say's screw it, I'm messing up anything I can.

Ah. Ok that's fair enough. And I didn't watch that far into the video. But anywho, it's irrelevant. Motoko can't hack Boba's helmet because she wouldn't understand the written language. And again, that might cost her.

Lucky for Motoko she doesn't make any sound while cloaked(unless in water),smell is the only way your picking her up.

Unfortunately for Motoko, that isn't true.

Loading Video...

Skip to 0:48. You can clearly hear footsteps.

As mentioned earlier, the helmet's audio sensors are so keen, that they can hear the changing of the safety on a blaster in a cantina (which are typically rowdy).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now, I don't know if you've ever shot a gun. But if you ever have a buddy with a gun in a dead silent forest, the changing of the safety is barely audible. Even if you're like 5 ft. away. Boba picked up that noise from like 15 ft. away with a lot of noise going on in the background. Motoko isn't sneaking up on him anytime soon. As for Hei, he's dealt with invisibility before.

Finally found the damn scene, I almost just uploaded and edit the video my self

Loading Video...

As you can see a single bullet destroy's the head and a chunk of the chest. Based of all the wire's flailing about it's safe to assume he was a cyborg and as such had enhanced durability.

Mhm. Powerful I'll grant you, but I think you're overestimating the guy's durability. His spinal cord was clearly made of bone. It's safe to assume his skull was as well.

Yes and no. If said wall is over 2 inches thick,then it probably would only be dented. Armored vehicle's(such as an Humvee or the van from the video) can take an RPG. Watch from 25 second mark for a few seconds. No body died(the lady almost did,but she got hit by it)from it and the Humvee is fine and proceed's to drive off.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

RPG's are usually used for when they generally want the people inside to survive(flipping over the vehicle or just disabling it).

The fact that a few hundred pound cyborg had to brace himself and got pushed back just by firing it. Not only did they go right through they also left huge(in comparison to a bullet)crater's. That's an armored van,that as seen bullet's don't even go though.

Ah. I sit corrected. However, there are other factors that'd make it impossible for Motoko to down Boba.

1. The very first thing she does is go invisible, and then she tries to hack the helmet. Upon discovering that it's impossible to tamper with the helmet, she could possibly get KO'd or worse via explosive. This would depend on who Guts goes after.

2. In your own words:

The order of what she does in a fight goes hacking,then stealth and finally shooting.

Interesting how that's suddenly been tweaked. But either way, shooting is the last thing on her to-do list.

3. Even if she didn't cloak and attempt to hack first thing, and instead fired her guns. Boba has Hei to protect him with that cloak of his.

4. Hei can disable her guns.

5. If Guts does go after Fett, chances are highest that he would use his jetpack to avoid him. Once utilizing his jetpack, he'd probably be a difficult target to hit.

6. And if Guts does go after Fett, Motoko would have to deal with Hei anyways. She'd have her hands too full herself to worry about Boba.

And don't forget about our original strategy (which I guess is a backup plan at this point). I myself am more than confident that we don't need this strategy. But if we did, and if we haven't beaten you guys already, we can still draw you guys to the water. Once there, Hei can shock the crap out of them. I'll leave @floopay to post feats of how powerful the lightning is. But given the durability limits, I'm betting it'll do some serious damage. Guts may have persevered through lightning before. But he had a flying horse to get him through that quickly enough. If he had to cross a river, it might take him a while to get through with all that pain without a flying horse to carry him his way there. At the very least it'd slow him down, and Boba could take him out while that's happening.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: Dude look for the Gif I posted in my description of Motoko's abilities. She shoot's a sniper's bullet head on with an assault rifle(it can double as regular long range rifle), A missile(RPG) doesn't even make Mach 1 and at least 10+ time's larger. I think that's fully within her capabilities. The video I posted doesn't go against it,she shot 3 times and hit each time. She just got in there and had a small group in front of her.

You said the explosion is what's going to get her. An RPG>an explosion small enough to fit in a hand in term's of power. Her weight negate's the durability limit as it doesn't protect her,it only keep's her from being sent flying. The point is she can take the explosion,even if it's somewhat close. Yes she dodged the suit's grenade/rocket launcher attack because,if she didn't she would have been pinned to that corner. That would have given the guy enough time to either shoot her(which as you see ripped off her arm) or try and do the head body crush thing.

Unless she was specifically told that she's in a different universe and that it's different why wouldn't she assume? Some people use sword's in GitS universe and basically everybody look's 100% normal. As @thatguywithheadphones pointed out when somebody tried explain magic,he didn't even make an effort to try and understand it. That's because of dubbing for the video's.

Another language doen't mean she's can screw around with what ever she stumble's upon. Hell she could possibly download the language by being so involved with it.

I had to edit this picture due to the rest being irrelevant and well awkward(especially without context).

No Caption Provided

Things can be inconsistent. Water and glass are the only known/stated thing's to mess with the Camo. She's not going to try and sneak up on a guy flying in the air,she;s going to use it to keep Bobba from knowing where she is after she's fired at him(if it doesn't kill him of course).

And? Motoko's got a human spinal cord,yet she's way way above human durability.

1.Already went over this basically

2. I'm not sure what you mean by tweaked,I don't recall ever editing it. Yes that is the order though. Again she can fight and hack at the same time. Additionally Stealth doesn't = walking up and trying to snap somebody's neck(or something like that). Her version of stealth is using cloaking and shooting once she can safely/accurately shoot whoever she;s trying to kill.

3. So Hei's just going to jump in front Bobba every time he get's shot at. Outside of that plan not really working,could Hei even do that @floopay ?

4.Okay

5.As soon as Fett's goes up in the air he's getting shot down

6.Repeat of 5 ?

Motoko can easily jump out and anyway's she's not gonna just allow herself to go into the worse case scenario for her cloaking.

Floopay: Sorry Work's been busy. Okay so that leave's shooting a portion of his body not covered by his body and mask(maybe ?),explosive's and just outright punching him. Now the first is going to difficult due to the jacket covered portion of the body is generally where she's going to be aiming for. If she manages to hit him(which if Hei ends up fighting Gut's wouldn't be horribly difficult) it's going to guarantee him being taken out of this battle. Explosive's he can react to(grenade,launcher,etc) but he's bound to get somewhat caught in one,or at the very least keep him more at a distance. Now does Hei use his lighting attack right off the bat? If so then punching might not be the best course of action,but if not then it's quite good option for due to her similar level of agility and her higher durability and strength.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fetts

@skit

@fetts: Dude look for the Gif I posted in my description of Motoko's abilities. She shoot's a sniper's bullet head on with an assault rifle(it can double as regular long range rifle), A missile(RPG) doesn't even make Mach 1 and at least 10+ time's larger. I think that's fully within her capabilities. The video I posted doesn't go against it,she shot 3 times and hit each time. She just got in there and had a small group in front of her.

Ah. I missed that. My mistake.

However my friend, you're not telling the whole picture. And that makes you look bad my friend.

Firstly, whether this story is actually true is questionable according to the wiki.

Approaching his position immediately after, without giving him a chance to recover, she was able to pin his arm to a wall using her knife. She then complimented him on his rifle skills and added that he "belonged to her, now". (Although we don't know this encounter really happened-- see below.)

As the episode comes to a close, the possibility arises that the story which Saito just told was completely fabricated, perhaps using the plot of an old movie, but when Saito wins the latest poker game round the Tachikomas wonder if he may have been telling the truth after all.

And since this is the case, it shouldn't be taken all that seriously.

Secondly and most importantly, even if this did happen, it doesn't matter. For all of you readers out there, please take the time to watch the video in the link below. You don't have to worry, it's not a scam I assure you. Skip to 17:55 and watch until 21:05.

http://www.dubbedepisodes.ws/ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone-complex-2nd-gig-episode-14-english-dub

At 18:10 you can see her plugging herself to her rifle. But guess what? As mentioned in 18:54, that rifle was a full-sensing automatic. It wasn't her accuracy that allowed her to hit the bullet out of the air. It was the rifle's. And guess what she doesn't have in this fight?

Motoko's equipment:

• handgun w/ a few clips of explosive rounds(2-3)
  • a p90-esque gun
  • an assault rifle w/ grenade launcher.
  • grenades
  • goggles that basically gives her enhanced sight,let her see in the dark,IR,etc.
  • Light body armor

A full-sensing automatic rifle. Nice try pal.

Also, she didn't hit each time. Even you admitted that.

Here she misses twice(only skimming his head),while the third hits.

Judging from 20:14, she should have had a clear line of sight.

You said the explosion is what's going to get her. An RPG>an explosion small enough to fit in a hand in term's of power. Her weight negate's the durability limit as it doesn't protect her,it only keep's her from being sent flying. The point is she can take the explosion,even if it's somewhat close. Yes she dodged the suit's grenade/rocket launcher attack because,if she didn't she would have been pinned to that corner. That would have given the guy enough time to either shoot her(which as you see ripped off her arm) or try and do the head body crush thing.

I beg to differ. Firstly, we don't know if her weight kept her from flying or not. The video didn't show it. I for one think she probably would have. She's agile. She's made large jumps and whatnot yet she never leaves craters or falls through buildings. And I think that's what would happen if she really weighed that much. Secondly, even if that is what happened (which I'm positive it isn't), it still wouldn't matter. Let's say hypothetically she did weigh that much. The explosion would still damage, KO, or kill her just as much, despite her weight, due to the durability limits. Weight and durability are two separate things.

And I'm not sure if I agree with you on the rocket thing either. a) She didn't have to run into that hallway in the first place if it wasn't going to damage her b) I'm fairly certain Motoko would have had the strength to get out of the rubble in the first place with her superhuman strength.

Unless she was specifically told that she's in a different universe and that it's different why wouldn't she assume? Some people use sword's in GitS universe and basically everybody look's 100% normal. As @thatguywithheadphonespointed out when somebody tried explain magic,he didn't even make an effort to try and understand it. That's because of dubbing for the video's.

Actually, she might assume that because of what the Round 1 OP says.

Unknown Alien That Has Invaded Your Character's Mind: And that is why you have been chosen, specimen. We are here to conduct a series of tests. You are one of the many in your universe. But your universe is one of the many of the tree of universes. Today, we are bringing you to our universe. The trunk of the tree. You will be dropped at an island for our tests. Feel free to make an alliance. But choose wisely. Also, if you do not cooperate with these tests, we will destroy any loved ones you have. In fact, we'll destroy your homeworld. You will have friends, but you will also have enemies. Enemies that you will fight with. Once you have defeated your enemy, he/she will be transported back to his/her universe. Whether they are transported back dead or alive is entirely up to you. So. Shall we begin?

And even if we were to ignore that, you can't honestly tell me that a guy dressed in Dark Age armor looks like he belongs from her universe full of advanced technology and cyborgs.

Are you seriously telling me that if she saw a guy like this, that she'd assume he's from her universe?
Are you seriously telling me that if she saw a guy like this, that she'd assume he's from her universe?

Magic was something that was heard of and something that had been though of. Hacking wasn't. I don't think that @thatguywithheadphones was really saying he didn't give an effort to comprehend. I think he was more of saying that he didn't care much.

Again, because hacking (and invisibility) are things that are completely new to him, I see potential where he could be surprised. But two things that are more important:

1. I don't think whether he would or wouldn't be in awe of her powers would change the outcome of the battle significantly.

2. This is more of a point for @floopay to argue since he's the one who brought up the point. Whereas I was only arguing the point with a rough estimate of what he was talking about.

Another language doen't mean she's can screw around with what ever she stumble's upon. Hell she could possibly download the language by being so involved with it.

Yes. That's exactly what it means. Remember when I gave the C Programming example?

If you've ever done any type of programming, you'll find that their are different types of programming. Let's take C Programming for example. If you wanted "Boba Fett is a boss" to appear on the screen, you'd put in your program:

Now let's just say hypothetically, Motoko wanted "Boba Fett is a boss" to appear on Boba's helmet. She couldn't. Wanna know why? Because the language/words used in the helmet's program might look something like this:

Let me use the printf example again. Now printf stands for "print function" in c programming. There are certain functions that will do something. You can't just type in "jgkajaoncoeiajerijha" and hope it'll do something. It won't. You have to be able to type in an actual function, such as printf. And if she can't understand the language, then she wouldn't be able to type in:

She'd probably type in something like this:

jgaitq("ubup clkk cv n azxx");

Which wouldn't make sense and thus nothing would happen.

I had to edit this picture due to the rest being irrelevant and well awkward(especially without context).

No Caption Provided

Things can be inconsistent. Water and glass are the only known/stated thing's to mess with the Camo. She's not going to try and sneak up on a guy flying in the air,she;s going to use it to keep Bobba from knowing where she is after she's fired at him(if it doesn't kill him of course).

In the great words of Abraham Lincoln, actions speak louder than words.

And? Motoko's got a human spinal cord,yet she's way way above human durability.

1.Already went over this basically

2. I'm not sure what you mean by tweaked,I don't recall ever editing it. Yes that is the order though. Again she can fight and hack at the same time. Additionally Stealth doesn't = walking up and trying to snap somebody's neck(or something like that). Her version of stealth is using cloaking and shooting once she can safely/accurately shoot whoever she;s trying to kill.

3. So Hei's just going to jump in front Bobba every time he get's shot at. Outside of that plan not really working,could Hei even do that @floopay ?

4.Okay

5.As soon as Fett's goes up in the air he's getting shot down

6.Repeat of 5 ?

You sure she has a human spinal cord? And I somehow doubt that every cyborg is built the same way she is.

1. Already countered that

2. Before, you said the order of what she does in a fight is hack, cloak, and shoot.

The order of what she does in a fight goes hacking,then stealth and finally shooting.

Now you're saying she's going to cloak, then hack, and shoot.

She will have a few second's,she's going to be cloaking first thing.

That's what I mean by tweaked.

My point is that Boba does have the ability to detect her.

3. No that's not quite what I mean. Allow to word that better. If Motoko did decide to go guns blazing first thing (which she won't), Hei could jump in Boba's way and protect him. So you kinda get what I'm saying. But of course, Hei won't be so close to Boba all of that time. So if Motoko decided to fire at Boba while he's taking on Guts (which I doubt she'd risk if she's fighting Hei, but let's just say she would), Hei can jump in the line of fire and deflect it with his cloak. Or of course he could disable the gun with his low-level matter manipulation, which would be simpler.

4. Glad we agree on that.

5. As I've pointed out, Motoko doesn't have the crazy accuracy you tried to make everybody think she had.

6. No... The point of 5 was that Boba would be a hard target to hit if she tried going after him. The point of 6 is that she wouldn't go after him anyways because she'd be too busy with Hei.

Motoko can easily jump out and anyway's she's not gonna just allow herself to go into the worse case scenario for her cloaking.

I don't quite get what you're saying here.

Something I want to point out: Motoko is going to either hack, cloak, and then shoot or cloak, hack, and then shoot. Hacking and cloaking will prove to be fruitless. Shooting is the third thing on her to-do-list. Guess what's the first thing on Boba's to-do-list. Shooting. And that'll prove to be fruitful.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Skit

@fetts I was originally going to post the full scene,but I found the Gif and figured it would save you guy's the trouble of watching a 7 minute video. There's no real reason to believe it didn't happen though. It fit's in with the canon as each member of her squad was in the military,he had no reason to lie because all he was telling was how he met the major(telling the story makes him look bad too,since he got his ass kicked). Then there was the huge implication at the end.

1.That was the gun I was refering to,I was to lazy look up the name. So I just put up assault rifle(which is a type not a specific gun) w/grenade launcher(I'm actually not sure where I got this from,as I don't recall her ever using a gun with one). Since you think people will be concerned about the website,here's a shorter one from youtube.

Loading Video...

Now for the feat it's self,which your lowballing the hell out of. Your telling me the gun aimed and fired itself? The sensor's only help her track where the bullet was going. She plugged into so she could do that. She still had to aim for where the bullet was going,she still had to react to the info on the location of the bullet and fire the after gaining and aiming to the location. Don't give me that BS,all that is enough to prove she can shoot down a Missile which is a lot bigger and slower.

In parentheses of that exact quote I also said they skimmed him,I later point out how said skimming made the dude look like movie Two Face.

Her clothe's weren't even messed up,I mean she could have changed but still her skin didn't have any damage or burns. In the video I posted for the HV bullet's as she's jumping up onto the roof when she lands,the metal panel bends under her. She didn't even jump that high either. Anyway's I'm talking about pure concussive force,she's not going to be in the dead center of the missile like you seem to think for some reason.

She went into to hallway trying to distract it. Yeah she could get out of the ruble,but she would only have a second to do so before she got shredded by that gun.

Okay that's fair,I forgot about that.

Dude How many long are we going to be doing this. Yes Gut's is dressed in Armor,but there's a lot of factors you have to consider.

He has a damn mechanical arm,he looks like a cyborg more than her. I don't know if you ever been to a big city like NY or Boston,but your bound to see some weirdly dressed people. I saw a guy dressed as Sailor Moon,unless in the future everybody is perfectly normal(which would call BS on),then she honestly could pass off as just weird and thus make her not want to talk to him. Gut's isn't a big talker anyways, there not going to become best friends and say every single detail about them selves in a night. Again it's not really something that would get brought up in average conversation,they don't even know they are going to be fighting the next day. There's a pretty good chance that Gut's has dealt with a Demon,but I'll leave that to @thatguywithheadphones.

You can't compare normal modern day to GitS verse hacking. I'm not sure if you watched this as you referenced seeing a video where she sneaks up on a guy.

Loading Video...

She's going by files and as you can see,the file's are just out right being destroyed and replaced instead of altered.

Sometime's the hacking seems closer to an Astral plane than actual hacking as she leaves her body(sort of). I'm looking for a video right now,I'll edit it in when I find one.

Well besides the video I showed of her in the Water where she's went completely undetected after she got shot at,there's these two instance's.

Loading Video...

Watch at 6:30 and you will her,mullet dude(I can never remember his name) and Batou cloaking. She creates no noise,Batou and Mullet dude make noise until they cloak.

Yes I'm sure she does,it's been stated multiple times that she's completely robot besides her spinal cord and brain.

2.Oh I guess I did,to fully clarify what I mean and what the true order is Hack>Cloaking>outright punching a person or shooting at close range. She will shoot while cloaked as she did against the other's that were cloaking in the suit fight.

3.That plan is flawed and allows Gut's or Motoko(shoot him in the leg or something) could take advantage of that. Then you have Bobba's jetpack which he like to use a good amount,does he not. 4. suggests that he does.

5. Went over she does and even if she only skims,it can still cause a wound bad enough to take a person out of the fight as I point out.

6.That's assuming Gut's does. Long range isn't his strong point,Hei would be the easier overall choice for him.

Motoko's cloaking's natural enemy is Water,why would she go to it. If she does end up in the water she's jumping out.

Edit:Our Partner's are kinda being uneventful lol