Asajj Ventress Vs Obi Wan Kenobi

• 178 results
AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The high ground master is going to win this.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By kbroskywalker

@zapan871 said:

@lordofthelight: Where was it stated or implied that Obi-Wan grew exponentially? He is not Anakin, and Ventress was a darksider, which we canonically know is the quicker path compared to the light side, and she also grew during those years. In fact, she was growing all the time as per sources. Unless you can prove Kenobi is far more talented than her.

Not to mention her powerscaled Force feats shit on what Kenobi has done.

Power scaling?

Kenobi deflected force blasts from mustafar anakin. Mustafar anakin was hindered but per multiple sources anakin had grown vastly from tcw. Kenobi did this when he hadn't even reached his highest level of focus. Anakin as a padawan has feats rivalling ventress's and as of tcw anakin has lol stomped ventress via the force. So wy exactly would ventress do any better here?

kenobi outclasses ventress in every single reagrd, he's faster, stronger, more durable, a much much better duelist, and is more powerful. The only thing going ventress's way is the fact that kenobi won't hurt her via force(morals), not that ventress can hurt him anyway.

There is no way whatsoever to argue ventress has any chance vs kenobi

And I love how you leave out that kenobi needed help getting up and still was beating maul untill maul mentally unbalanced him(which wouldn't work vs rots kenobi anyway).

Kenobi>ventress and it isn't remotely debatable

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By kbroskywalker

@erkan12: ventress is more agile than kenobi? Kenobi's matching of anakin in sparring sessions, reacting and deflecting the omnidirectional blaster fire of an army say otherwise.

Stylistic advantage is meaningless when your opponent utterly outclasses you as a duelist

Avatar image for deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0
deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ventress wins a solid 7/10 majority. Also isn't that a picture of Gettysburg?

Chubbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using TCW TV versions (the ones I know the most) near the end of the series I'd say they're neck and neck. If I had to choose I'd probably say Kenobi takes 6/10.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And people are still arguing ventress has a chance vs rots kenobi

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ViperSixteen

LOL at Ventress "Force scaling" or Force feats being better than Kenobi's...

Kenobi has already used the Force offensively against her with ease by unleashing a Force push that threw her at a column so hard that it was suggested the column itself cracked.

"Then he threw her backward with a Force push. She hit a column hard enough to hear something crack, and staggered to her feet. Kenobi summoned his lightsaber back to his hand with a grin. She was going to wipe that smirk off his face the hard way." - The Clone Wars Novel.

And Obi-Wan has better TK feats such as:

Launching Anakin Skywalker at a massive distance in terms of height and length:

No Caption Provided

Unleashing a Force blast that throws General Grievous upwards in mid air, smashing him at the ceiling:

No Caption Provided

Manipulates Durge's ship with very little effort which crushes 2 large battle Droids:

No Caption Provided

Obi-Wan > Ventress in the Force. I don't even have mention the Kenobi's Non Canon Force feat of collapsing 4 trees while standing on a moving ship to prove it.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@yousufkhan1212: LOL at Ventress "Force scaling" or Force feats being better than Kenobi's...

The two should be equals, honestly.

Kenobi has already used the Force offensively against her with ease by unleashing a Force push that threw her at a column so hard that it was suggested the column itself cracked.

And Asajj hurled both Obi-Wan and Anakin at the same time:

No Caption Provided

And Obi-Wan has better TK feats such as:

Launching Anakin Skywalker at a massive distance in terms of height and length:

This is impressive, but it's hardly better than anything Asajj can do. Especially when Anakin was already jumping, and Obi just gave him a boost. And Anakin has already leapt vast distances(comparable to this one) before:

No Caption Provided

Unleashing a Force blast that throws General Grievous upwards in mid air, smashing him at the ceiling:

You'd have a point of Kenobi's TK actually damaged Grievous, but he kinda shrugged it off later, meaning it was more a matter of hurling back Grievous' weight. In that case, Asajj easily lifting and hurling several-meter-tall pillars should exceed this feat.

Manipulates Durge's ship with very little effort which crushes 2 large battle Droids:

If only the ship was of substantial size.

Obi-Wan > Ventress in the Force. I don't even have mention the Kenobi's Non Canon Force feat of collapsing 4 trees while standing on a moving ship to prove it.

The ship feat is nice, but I doubt Asajj couldn't replicate it. She holds canonical superiority to Saara, who can choke out post-AotC Anakin, who at the time was manipulating massive dreadnaughts, and holds superiority to Quinlan Vos who dominated K'kruhk who brings ships down from the sky.

Overall, the two seems evenly matched to me.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ViperSixteen

@wollfmyth209:

The two should be equals, honestly.

Not really.

And Asajj hurled both Obi-Wan and Anakin at the same time:

No Caption Provided

What Comic does that come from? Post the whole scan because Ventress looks like she's using Don Moch to catch Obi-Wan by surprise.

This is impressive, but it's hardly better than anything Asajj can do. Especially when Anakin was already jumping, and Obi just gave him a boost. And Anakin has already leapt vast distances(comparable to this one) before:

No Caption Provided

The feat you just showed me is Anakin jumping by himself. Anakin never jumped in the fight with Dooku, he was propelled by Kenobi.

You'd have a point of Kenobi's TK actually damaged Grievous, but he kinda shrugged it off later, meaning it was more a matter of hurling back Grievous' weight.

That makes it even better, Grievous is very heavy and got thrown like a rag doll.

In that case, Asajj easily lifting and hurling several-meter-tall pillars should exceed this feat.

Which ones?

If only the ship was of substantial size.

It was big.

The ship feat is nice, but I doubt Asajj couldn't replicate it. She holds canonical superiority to Saara, who can choke out post-AotC Anakin, who at the time was manipulating massive dreadnaughts, and holds superiority to Quinlan Vos who dominated K'kruhk who brings ships down from the sky.

AOTC Anakin's only good Force feats happened in Tatooine because he was under the influence of rage, and Anakin barely manipulated the dreadnaughts, and that feat took a lot of effort.

And that ship feat happened when Obi-Wan was under a lot of pressure.

Overall, the two seems evenly matched to me.

That's where we disagree.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212:

What Comic does that come from? Post the whole scan because Ventress looks like she's using Don Moch to catch Obi-Wan by surprise.

It comes from the UK Magazine comics that detail events in-between TCW episodes. And she didn't use Dun Moch, she just pointed out Obi practiced more with the saber. Prior to that, nothing happens besides her just bladelocking with Anakin, then Kenobi.

And maybe Obi was distracted, but clearly not Anakin and both got shoved back a decent amount. Leeway Force Pushes shouldn't even mean that much in combat.

And for an even better demonstration of parity, Asajj hurls Kenobi with a repluse, then hurls him again, this time hard enough to not crack, but crush, a stone wall:

The feat you just showed me is Anakin jumping by himself. Anakin never jumped in the fight with Dooku, he was propelled by Kenobi.

:Sigh:. He Force Leaped in the fight with Dooku, Obi-Wan just gave him an extra boost and given Anakin's leaping capabilities, that boost wouldn't have been substantial.

That makes it even better, Grievous is very heavy and got thrown like a rag doll.

Very heavy is nice... Hardly better than anything Asajj did.

Which ones?

No Caption Provided

It was big.

But not big enough that Asajj couldn't just as easily throw it.

AOTC Anakin's only good Force feats happened in Tatooine because he was under the influence of rage, and Anakin barely manipulated the dreadnaughts, and that feat took a lot of effort.

LMAO at "only good Force feats". And completely changing its course and shifting it a noticeable distance before rockets can hit him, is hardly "barely manipulating". And while it took effort, he was still considerably inferior to Saato, given her ability to choke him out:

No Caption Provided

Or Trenox, who can incap him with a leeway Force Push:

No Caption Provided

And Asajj is canonically more powerful than them:

Perhaps Tyranus' most powerful student was Asajj Ventress.

The Official Star Wars Fact File #116

With that, we'd know they'd manipulate the dreadnaught more easily, and Asajj with even greater ease. And lets be fair, Kenobi hurling down those trees also took an insane amount of effort, and concentration.

That's where we disagree.

Obviously.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By LordOfTheLight

Oh, I'll have popcorn ready for this one. But just two things:

@wollfmyth209

:Sigh:. He Force Leaped in the fight with Dooku, Obi-Wan just gave him an extra boost and given Anakin's leaping capabilities, that boost wouldn't have been substantial.

Actually no. Anakin's feet were still on the ground when Obi Wan was already hurling him in the air, a repeat observation will show this. Besides, Anakin can jump farther than that distance, as he already showed in that other GIF, which is from the same series. If he truly used his own abilities to jump, he wouldn't need Obi Wan's help, and he could jump further than that. And now really, don't ask me why he didn't.

And lets be fair, Kenobi hurling down those trees also took an insane amount of effort, and concentration.

Not even remotely as close as Anakin manipulating the dreadnaughts. And why is that feat being looked upon as the star of all? The conqueror class-atmospheric dreadnaughts are roughly, 60 m in diameter, and 30 m in height, and he barely managed to tilt them. Those trees are quite larger than Obi Wan's ship, which was 23 m in size. And the "moderately" strained expression on his face, was mostly due to the fact that he had to anchor himself to the outside of the ship, which was flying close to the ground at breakneck speed.

That's all. Continue.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi dominates her. Asajj is not comparable in the Force to Anakin, and she holds no parity with Mace whatsoever as a combatant.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By kbroskywalker

@wollfmyth209: to pre prime tcw kenobi, not rots kenobi who is clearly her superior in literally every single department

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: Actually, Kenobi began the telekinetic throw as Anakin began to jump. They clearly did those two things in tandem, otherwise Anakin wouldn't need to prep up so much.

Also, the whole reason Obi boosted Anakin with TK was because Anakin thought he couldn't jump that distance(because TCW is inconsistent like that).

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209

I really don't want to discuss so much about something as trivial as this, but still. Anakin is going forward, even as Obi Wan throws him, he is still running forward, he isn't close to jumping as such( because you can tell when a person is about to jump, they hold back momentarily, look as if they are about to spring while instantaneously adopting a crouch position etc.). I can agree that the forward momentum( and so the horizontal distance) is partly contributed by him, but not the height. If you disagree, sure, but Obi Wan can replicate the feat without sweat actually( he has), so disbelief shouldn't be the question here( it isn't I believe, because both OW and V are capable of more, than throwing around 2 m objects over 100 m).

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: I'm just noting Anakin did increase the momentum/length, distance-wise. Both Obi and Asajj should be more than capable of hurling -- like what, 80 kilos? -- a vast distance without sweat.

Honestly, there's a lot more, better feats Yousuf could've used for Kenobi to argue he's superior to Ventress.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi, obviously.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im just not seeing how Ventress wins, she has some good feats she's just highly inconsistent. Obiwan is superior in both aspects of force and dueling IMO and has fought more established opponents.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209:

And for an even better demonstration of parity, Asajj hurls Kenobi with a repluse, then hurls him again, this time hard enough to not crack, but crush, a stone wall:

Uhhhhhh check those panels again. Ventress didn't hurl Obi-Wan, Dooku did while he was distracted

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By WollfMyth209

@greysentinel365: Actually, in the first scan, Asajj was breaking free through a Force Repulse. You can just assume Dooku is defending against said Force Repulse.

And in the second scan, it's cleary Ventress throwing Kenobi.

Obi wins on the merit of superior swordsmanship, but not through Force power.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: The first scan was what I was referring to. It seems a little to convenient to me that Dooku is holding his hand out at Kenobi. Not to mention the angle Obi-Wan was falling at, if it was a repulse he would fly straight back, but he is being thrown as if he was hit from the side, where Dooku is. If Dooku was defending himself he would have brought his hand to shield his face instead of turning straight to Kenobi. That's my interpretation of the panel anyway.

The worth of the second panel is debatable, Obi-Wan wasn't all that injured, not to mention he wasn't even trying to fight her. Also consider that in this comic Ventress had been cybernetically enhanced to boost her hatred and power. So that's probably not indicative of her base power

1/2 ain't bad. I'm not in the mood for a long exchange anyway

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By kbroskywalker
WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: The first scan was what I was referring to. It seems a little to convenient to me that Dooku is holding his hand out at Kenobi. Not to mention the angle Obi-Wan was falling at, if it was a repulse he would fly straight back, but he is being thrown as if he was hit from the side, where Dooku is. If Dooku was defending himself he would have brought his hand to shield his face instead of turning straight to Kenobi. That's my interpretation of the panel anyway.

The angle actually makes perfect sense. Granted, Dooku's hand should've been focused more on Asajj, rather than Kenobi, but I'd blame bad art for that.

What I find worthy of note is that the glass flying at Tyranus never hits him, but stops in mid air around him, as oppose to the glass that flew past him and decapitated a MagnaGuard.

The worth of the second panel is debatable, Obi-Wan wasn't all that injured, not to mention he wasn't even trying to fight her. Also consider that in this comic Ventress had been cybernetically enhanced to boost her hatred and power. So that's probably not indicative of her base power

And Asajj wasn't that injured from Kenobi's telekinetic shove in TCW. So again, it seems like parity to me.

She got cybernetic enhancements to save her life, since she was at a point of nigh-death. And we usually take combatants as they are in their non-amped primes. Given how now those cybernetics are actualized parts of her body, its her new base of power.

1/2 ain't bad. I'm not in the mood for a long exchange anyway

Fair enough. :up:

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By kbroskywalker

ROTS Kenobi vs ventress obviously is going kenobi's way every time. For this specific battle though its closer. TCW kenobi is a ventress level force user and his morals via the force giver her the force advantage. That being said ventress has never beat kenobi via force barring serious contextual help and its almost certainly not deciding this fight. Kenobi is still clearly a better duelist even as of tcw ina ddition to being far stronger, far more durable, faster, and a more skilled unarmed combatant. Kenobi is still winning nearly every time as of tcw. As of rots kenobi definitely>ventress force wise, is an even better duelist, and is also even faster, so there' no way ventress wins that fight.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROTS Kenobi vs ventress obviously is going kenobi's way every time. For this specific battle though its closer. TCW kenobi is a ventress level force user and his morals via the force giver her the force advantage. That being said ventress has never beat kenobi via force barring serious contextual help and its almost certainly not deciding this fight. Kenobi is still clearly a better duelist even as of tcw ina ddition to being far stronger, far more durable, faster, and a more skilled unarmed combatant. Kenobi is still winning nearly every time as of tcw. As of rots kenobi definitely>ventress force wise, is an even better duelist, and is also even faster, so there' no way ventress wins that fight.

TCW Kenobi should win every time, not just nearly every time, especially if it's late TCW Kenobi.

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi takes it.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By WollfMyth209
@yousufkhan1212 said:
@kbroskywalker said:

TCW Kenobi should win every time, not just nearly every time, especially if it's late TCW Kenobi.

Still waiting to hear why.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By kbroskywalker
kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: If its early tcw kenobi vs prime ventress, ventress could take some rounds

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Because its almost certainly going to end by way of the blade and ventress isn't winning that fight without a circumstntial edge.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
deactivated-59c0eef934dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan, by a significant margin, too.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi, in a good fight.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi, in a good fight.

This^

Obi undoubtedly wins, and wins decisively. But there would always be a good fight and a lot of great banter

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ventress has really powerful TK and she can take down Obi wan easily if she was serious about it.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ventress has really powerful TK and she can take down Obi wan easily if she was serious about it.

Nah. Their TK is roughly on par. She can win a few rounds with it, but I doubt she'd take Kenobi down easily.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan in a decent fight.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Erkan12

@cosmic_templar said:

Post-AotC Kenobi cracked Ventress' ribs with a TK blast, they are pretty much even in that department.

"You'll have to do better than that," he said.

"And you'll have to learn to keep your mouth shut." She leaped around the column from the other side. Her blade missed his head by a fraction as he ducked, and sent a cloud of dust sparkling from the stone. Kenobi raced away. She pursued.

He's not invincible. He couldn't take Fett. But he's not trying this time. Ventress wouldn't trust Kenobi as far as she could spit.

She stalked him, and this time it was his turn to leap out at her and strike.

He drove her back against a wall, but she used it as a springboard to Force-push him back before hacking at him with all the raw strength she could muster. It wasn't hard to summon up. She simply saw Narec, and wanted to destroy the whole world in vengeance.

Kenobi's lightsaber spun in the air. For a second she thought it was a trick; but she'd knocked it from his hand. Her blade was at his throat in a heartbeat.

Kenobi looked up at her, chest rising and falling as he caught his breath.

"Okay, Ventress, are you going to gloat and give me a speech on the futility of my mission?"

"No," she said. "I'm just going to kill you." Then he threw her backward with a Force push. She hit a column hard enough to hear something crack, and staggered to her feet. Kenobi summoned his lightsaber back to his hand with a grin. She was going to have to wipe that smirk off his smug Jedi face the hard way.

(...)

"You've lost. Dooku won't be very pleased with you."

"If you'd stopped admiring yourself long enough to learn anything about me, Kenobi, you'd know this." She was utterly crushed at that moment, but she'd been crushed before many, many times, and the only way she knew to deal with that was to get up and start fighting again, and harder. "I don't give up easily.

And I always have a plan."

"Lay down your weapons."

He came back at her with his lightsaber raised, and they stood toe-to-toe, locking blades and struggling. She had to warn Dooku that Skywalker was coming. She needed to end this charade. She stepped back to swing again with both blades, but Kenobi caught the tip of one and sent it spinning from her hand.

"Surrender," he said.

She could hear a vulture approaching, and held out her hand to Force-pull her fallen lightsaber into her grip. The fighter slowed as it tracked along the ramparts.

"Not yet," she said, leaping onto it as it passed. "In fact, never."

She was gone before he had a chance to reply, if he replied at all. Knowing Kenobi, though, he had. He always had to have the last word.

Source : The Clone Wars Novelization

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kebobi and it isn't that close, tbh.

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in sex

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even as of tcw, he still wins in a good fight

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd back up Kenobi for a very slight majority. He is a bit more skilled, and he can defend against Ventress' onslaught for a good while, and outlast her. He can also talk her into doing something stupid, rage frenzies, and then catch her off guard. Ventress stomps in the TK department, though. He's Choked him and Anakin, she's pushed Savage, Dooku, Choked and killed four scoundrels while injured, caused an avalanche. Kenobi does nothing except getting thrashed around by Maul and Dooku. Still, Kenobi wins a very slight majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers