bump

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By tparks

Artanis could probably speed blitz and solo. Chief and Shepard add ranged pressure to make this easier for him.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Artanis could prolly solo Shepard and Chief aid him though in a fight. It'd be entertaining though.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know much about Artanis, but I can tell you that Chief and Shepard are not factors... at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78
deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 juiceboks  Moderator

@tparks: I'd be reluctant to put Artanis on par with these two on speed alone, how is he blitzing them both at the same time?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MErulezall

@juiceboks: Teleportation kills, and Artanis is above these two. Unlike the sith here, he actually moves like the rest of the protoss which is supersonic speeds. His armor can withstand lightsaber attacks, and his psi blade or well warp blade can break a light saber as well.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming composite Shepard is post-ME1, but class designation is vital to determining whether Shepard will have any impact in this fight.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tparks

@juiceboks said:

@tparks: I'd be reluctant to put Artanis on par with these two on speed alone, how is he blitzing them both at the same time?

All Protoss have their Charge ability which is what they lead off with to basically speed blitz everytime,

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and Artanis is no exception:

No Caption Provided

Since he is a Dark Templar now too, he can also teleport and slash:

No Caption Provided

And that was against a hybrid, who have been described as fighting faster then the human eye can see in the Flashpoint novel. The Hybrid was able to get it's tentacles into Primal Kerrigan, who has been described as faster then the eye can see as well, and has had well beyond supersonic reaction times since before any of her upgrades.

As soon as the mission The Infinite Cycle starts, the game has Artanis use his ability called "lightning dash" to speed blitz four enemies at the same time:

No Caption Provided

A charge is quite a bit faster then any Jedi, and even without using a charge, Protoss elite like Artanis, are capable of fighting at speeds that rival any of these jedi. When Artanis and Zeratul fought, their movements were faster then Raynor's eyes and even visor's tracking functions can keep up with, and Raynor's been able to see lasers fire at his face, admire the beauty of them, and then get out of the way. This is all while he is driving 300 mph on Vulture too.

No Caption Provided

Protoss are just on a different playing field then Jedi for the most part.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarwavealpha: Maul and Savage have multiple ways of one-shotting and have far better physicals. Plus, Shepard and Chief don't have a single way of tagging, much less hurting, either Savage or especially Maul.

@tparks: Nothing you've said so far puts Protoss above Jedi... or even on the same level. The only thing you have going for you is the fact that Artanis can teleport.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tparks

@echostarlord117: Only one of those examples were of him teleporting, the rest was his actual movement speed, it's just much faster then the eye can see, so it appears that he's teleporting. I was just commenting on how his charge would let him speed blitz. His charge is a LOT faster then any jedi/sith moves. There is just no denying that.

On top of that though, Artanis has centuries of experience on all of these characters combined, a shield that will deflect all attacks, and AOE attacks much more powerful then the SW team.

No Caption Provided

He's just on a whole other playing field.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echostarlord117: Psiblades do wonders, also

Artanis can cast lightning, Here he is casting it,

Another protoss high templar casting it, but lets not forget Artanis is above a fodder high templar,

A decent ranking protoss zealot brings down an ultralisk,

Warp blade would break a saber in half over time. The Run of the mill protoss is as strong as a regular terran marine. Again Artanis is above this, as he easily lifts up a zergling whos IIRC 400 pounds. Other zealots that are below Artanis have lifted up Hydralisks whom are half a ton or higher, which means physically Artanis is just as strong or stronger than either sith.

Handles a zealot with utter ease while the zealot tries to kill him, he doesn't try to kill the zealot.

Furthermore, takes spikes that can punch through plenty of armor with ease

Tanks a psiblade with his psi shield

Is able to keep up with Selendis whom as quoted to be very fast,

Moved so fast that before rosemary could react Selendis had killed Ethan. Ethan was a zerg/ghost hybrid whom was leading a charge with zerg.

A sudden golden-blue blur interposed itself between Rosemary and her prey. Before Rosemary could react, Ethan lay lifeless before her, his head severed from his body, the flesh cauterized by a psi blade. Selendis stood before her.

-Starcraft: Twilight

moved so fast that the hypersonic spikes before they even hit where "she use to stand." Lets also note moved so fast her psiblades left trails like other jedi..... Especially people like Mace Windu

He wanted to see this Executor Selendis ripped to pieces, too, and with a jerk of his hairless head another pack suddenly pulled itself from fighting the Dominion ground troops to tear off toward Selendis. She met them halfway, leaping from the courtyard into the fray. Ethan could appreciate good fighting, and he knew what he was seeing was magnificent. Glowing blue blades erupted from Selendis‘s wrists and she whirled and almost danced as she fought. Her bright armor glinted in the merciless sunlight, the glare bright enough to make Ethan wince and probably harsh enough to be a weapon on its own at close range. Selendis dispatched two zerglings almost instantly, then turned on a third. The hydralisks fired a volley of spikes. Selendis cocked her head, as if listening, then leaped and flipped in midair. Her blades moved so swiftly they were a blur, and Ethan realized that she‘d been fast enough to simply not be there when the spines reached her, and had sliced to pieces those she couldn‘t elude.

-Starcraft: Twilight

Sorry, but a run of the mill protoss zealot would give these guys a hard time, Artanis as Tpark's shows one shots either of them since its not in character. He tps and begins a simple psi storm.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tparks

@merulezall: You know what's crazy about him tanking the Hydralisk spines, is that his armor must have kept them from penetrating his skin at all. Hydralisk spines are deadly once they pierce the skin from the venom they carry, and he was hit with multiple spines. Seeing as how easily spines pierce even Marine's armor, that really is saying something for how durable he is even after his shield is down.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I never really consider Protoss armor to be greater then Marine armor, but I'd probably give at least Artanis' armor a significant durability advantage over a standard marine.

I suppose he may have also just fought through the venom coursing through his veins, toughed it out, and was healed when he returned to the Spear of Adun, but I don't see how he could heal from shots in the torso. Warfield had to have his arm cut off to survive, and marine armor will sever blood flow to damaged limbs to keep them from killing the rest of the body, so that makes sense for Warfield, but I can only imagine Artanis' armor deflected those spines, or at least is bulky enough to keep them from touching his actual body.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MErulezall

@tparks: Yeah ik, which i why I'm saying his durability is way higher, did u notice him tanking the psi blade attack with his shield as well? Also his armor is custom, due to his rank as Hierarch IIRC.

Also in the video, you hear the pings from the spikes as they bounce off as well, so they didnt even pierce his armor :).

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tparks

@merulezall: Ya, it was almost like Blizzard was saying, "we really need a tank character for Heroes of the Storm out of StarCraft, can we make Artanis more beefy?". Because he went from a guy who looked like he was starving to death, to a massive mountain of armor.

No Caption Provided

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MErulezall

@tparks: Ikr? My thoughts exactly, and yeah I noticed that when I first heard he became Hierarch of the Protoss, I was like.... The dude from way back in Sc1 that looked like he hadn't eaten in days? Lol.

The difference though from the Protoss in Sc1 to Sc2 is shocking though. Their eyes, looks, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcsquizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to find out what the reaction times are for Maul/Savage cause if I recall correctly I think Chief is in the .01s range, might actually be .001s, so it could come down to whether maul/savage could react with the force fast enough before they've been shot down, but Idk for sure.

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Composite Shepard? As in all Shepards rolled into 1? Yeah, he probably solos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Artanis solos.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 solo.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarwavealpha: artanis can disintegrate entire armies at will. Artanis wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Fair enough, but he usually prefers blade work, so how would that work out?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By noah_ouellette

@solarwavealpha: that's true, but he can duel with Kerrigan and sort of win which is a point in his favour. Can artanis out duel maul? Probably not. Which would likely resort to him using his powers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tparks

@solarwavealpha: I'm not sure I'd say he prefers blade work, since he is a High Templar. He doesn't go overboard and let loose psionic storms on a handful of opponents, when he can just as easily sped blitz them with his blades. That's like hunting rabbits with a bazooka, it's just not necessary and vastly overkill. Against these two, he wouldn't unleash army frying psionic attacks in character, but it is likely that he would use smaller psionic attacks that are just as deadly, but not on as large of a scale. Or, he might just speed blitz them. He would be much faster with his lightning dash charge then any character they've ever faced. Both ways are just as effective, and both as likely in character for him to do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Fair enough, just from what I saw he usually charged in and fought rather than applying is powers to open a fight, I mean zeratul attacked with his blade, for most of the fight. Yes ik Zeratul charged first with the intent of cutting his khala cord, but still the first few attacks before he applied psi lightning was blades, the hybrid he attacked that Sarah fought, again TP and blades, the zerg horde on the DT home world, Blades and charge. So its not far fetched to think he will most likely apply blades first to a fight than a psi storm so to speak

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers