nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Feats for Bane can come from any of the Arkham games in which he appears. Feats for Green Arrow can be from all four seasons of Arrow. Bane is unarmed and does not have venom and Green Arrow is equipped with his bow to use as a melee weapon. Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse and they start 10 yards apart. Battle is to the death or incapacitation. Who wins and why?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MonsterStomp

Bane. He's too strong. Even off venom he was manhandling Batman like a rag doll.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheSilentRipper

yeah, Bane unless arrows to the head

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bane should win

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Bane could literally put Batman through a brick wall.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane. He's too strong. Even off venom he was manhandling Batman like a rag doll.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bane breaks his back

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PayneInTheAss
darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane breaks the Arrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow finds the peace in death that he did not find in life.

(If someone gets this reference)

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to say Arrow until I read that this was melee only. No chance. Bane smash.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane's a multi toner, Ollie doesn't have a chance.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fire_ant: Arrow probably has a chance to counter for sure, but I don't see how he put's Bane down.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

AB

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You usually have solid battles. This is not one of those.

Bane wallops his head off.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Bane could literally put Batman through a brick wall.

Only on venom. Off venom he was still immensely strong, but is that alone enough of an advantage to win? I mean Bane is certainly stronger, but let's not forget Oliver is a peak human too, capable of generating 1,250 pounds in his arms in an instant and snapping chains with no problem.

I feel like the live-action puts limits on the character in our head, like we see Stephen Amell on screen, and he's ripped for a real person, but not super huge like Bane, so there's no way he can be stronger than is physically possible for a human. Yet we need to remember that Arrow takes place within the realms of fiction, just as much as Arkham does. Oliver does impossible things all the time, and he most certainly possesses the power to harm Bane considering he fought Deathstroke to the point of mutual exhaustion as if Slade's heavy-duty armor wasn't even there. I'd even go so far as to say Oliver is more durable than Bane.

No Caption Provided

Only by catching him by surprise. When the two had an actual fight, Batman kept up very well with his skill and agility. Bane is strong but he can't actually stomp Batman.

Oliver has a large advantage in speed and a VERY large advantage in skill. Bane is a proficient fighter, but he has no training, he fights off experience and instinct. His only 'training' was the hell of Pena Duro. But Oliver went through hell too, Lian Yu. So Bane has no experience advantage. Meanwhile Oliver has also been trained by Slade Wilson, Yao Fei, Maseo Yamashiro, Malcolm Merlyn, and freaking Ra's al Ghul. He has all of their skills collectively under his belt, and particularly after training with Ra's and learning his moves, he should be untouchable. Bane simply won't be able to keep up with Oliver at all, and should Bane eventually land some hits (obviously he's going to hit Oliver at least a few times) Oliver has proven he can tank it and keep going.

Green Arrow wins.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

I don´t know dude, I feel like the first good punch from Bane and Ollie is down.

And what prevents Bane from playing with Ollie as a puppet once he gets both hands on him?

Can Ollie even hurt Bane?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I forget if that stupid running charge is due to TN-1 or innate. That thing is hard to dodge.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Also, was he on Venom when the Batmobile rammed him?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

I don´t know dude, I feel like the first good punch from Bane and Ollie is down.

And what prevents Bane from playing with Ollie as a puppet once he gets both hands on him?

Can Ollie even hurt Bane?

You might be thinking Bane is a lot stronger than he is, just because the cutscenes in Origins were so stylish. In reality all Bane proved himself capable of doing was ripping Batman through an elevator ceiling, which is made of like, plaster. And also throwing a 200 pound man about 10-15 feet away. I agree he's stronger than Ollie purely by virtue of being stronger than Batman, but... can he knock Ollie out cold with one punch? When Ollie has been punched across a room by Solomon Grundy, hard enough to shatter a concrete column with his body, then kicked in the gut back across the room, into a metal canister, hard enough to ricochet off and travel even farther, and then stand back up and beat the sh!t out of Grundy with his bare hands? Solomon Grundy, an invincible monster strong enough to smash down a giant hangar door made of reinforced titanium in mere seconds, who gave Ollie his best shots on three separate occasions yet never managed to knock him out a single time? Yet Bane can oneshot Ollie?

I'm not buying it.

Think about Oliver's damage soak throughout the series. Being shipwrecked, starved and dehydrated, watching his father kill himself, and then having an arrow put through his chest, only to be captured and tortured to the brink of death by an ASIS assassin, all without giving up his friend's location? Being filled with arrows by The Dark Archer then having his bones broken, but at the last minute summoning enough strength to stab his opponent with a flechette and then knock him out cold with a single strong punch across the jaw? Willingly stabbing an arrow through his own body, inches from his own heart at such an angle as to penetrate the Dark Archer's heart, and then standing up without feeling anything at all?

'Survival' is Oliver's whole entire thing, no matter who he is fighting, he does not get oneshotted. Whether he is fighting Solomon Grundy (busted down a reinforced hangar door), The Flash (60 speed punches in two seconds all across his body when one punch from The Flash sends people flying through the air), The Atom (tackled Ollie from the air when that same tackle destroyed a fighter jet) OR Bane (can destroy plaster) he does not get oneshotted.

Now, if Bane DOES get his hands on Ollie, he'll need to let go at some point just as he did Batman. Otherwise, Oliver's combination of flexibility, strength, and martial arts skill will result in him snatching a flechette and putting it through Bane's eye.

Can Ollie even hurt Bane? As I stated in my previous post, he beat Deathstroke through his heavy-grade body armor as if it wasn't even there. He can snap chains apart and generate 1,250 pounds of force in his arms at the drop of a dime. Oliver isn't as strong as Bane, but he's still a peak human. He's strong enough.

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheSilentRipper

@nickzambuto: yeah, the CGI makes it look with more impact.

I looked the fight against that horrible Grundy, and he take a similar wall impact as you pointed.

So, he doesn´t get one shotted.

But I still think Bane should, and could win after a while.

Thanks for replying.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: yeah, the CGI makes it look with more impact.

I looked the fight against that horrible Grundy, and he take a similar wall impact as you pointed.

So, he doesn´t get one shotted.

But I still think Bane should, and could win after a while.

Thanks for replying.

The size of the impact isn't important, so much as the material. I could literally punch through that elevator roof. On second look I don't even think it's plaster, it's like plastic. But Ollie's body shattered cement, and that was after flying across the room, meaning he had less force.

In other words, Batman's body was pulled through plastic. The only damage is from his body actually pressing against the material hard enough to break it.

Ollie however was punched. There was a single, focused point of impact, a strike, that was so powerful it sent his whole body into the air and across the room, and still had enough energy after that to make his body crash into the cement and shatter it.

Literally two different world's of durability. Solomon Grundy is something close to a 10 tonner. Tell me, if Oliver is massively more skilled than Bane, massively faster, quicker reflexes, faster perception, and extremely agile, and he has strength nearing Bane's and the durability to take Bane's hits with no problem, what advantage does Bane have that could possibly allow him to win?

Look at Malcolm Merlyn, the guy strong enough to kick a metal column with an injured leg and leave an imprint of his shoe in it, and karate chop metal in half. Even Malcolm is almost as strong as Bane, but in addition to that he's extremely fast and more skilled than Ollie himself. Yet Ollie still beat him. What exactly does Bane bring to the table that's new?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only by catching him by surprise. When the two had an actual fight, Batman kept up very well with his skill and agility. Bane is strong but he can't actually stomp Batman.

Oliver has a large advantage in speed and a VERY large advantage in skill. Bane is a proficient fighter, but he has no training, he fights off experience and instinct. His only 'training' was the hell of Pena Duro. But Oliver went through hell too, Lian Yu. So Bane has no experience advantage. Meanwhile Oliver has also been trained by Slade Wilson, Yao Fei, Maseo Yamashiro, Malcolm Merlyn, and freaking Ra's al Ghul. He has all of their skills collectively under his belt, and particularly after training with Ra's and learning his moves, he should be untouchable. Bane simply won't be able to keep up with Oliver at all, and should Bane eventually land some hits (obviously he's going to hit Oliver at least a few times) Oliver has proven he can tank it and keep going.

Green Arrow wins.

I don't see it like that. Batman is a professional at stealth, but even with X-Ray that should have put Batman at an offensive advantage. The only thing Batman didn't expect was Bane knowing where he was, which gave him little to no room to react. Batman was able to tank a body slam from Killer Croc (who is a 2 tonner), yet ward off Croc's attempts to eat him. Bane and Batman were at each other's necks after Bane body slammed him, yet Bane was just too powerful for Bruce to handle him in a physical showdown. After being thrown around the hallway, Batman was pretty out of it. Point being, Bane is way too strong for even Batman himself, who has a lot more impressive feats of raw strength than Oliver. Batman also has superior durability than Oliver, yet his energy was pretty depleted after five slams.

I don't see how speed is an advantage for Arrow, Batman can hold his own due to agility, Oliver by comparison doesn't utilize his agility in combat like Batman does. As for training, all the training Bruce went through meant nothing in a fight with Bane. What makes you think Arrow's training will result any different? Even if you argue Arrow has superior training to Batman, Bane is a massive brute. All he needs to do is grapple Oliver, and its over.

Oliver could probably take a few hits from Bane, but each hit he takes is going to severely exhaust him.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Devil_Driver

Much as I love Arrow as a whole and defend it whenever I can, I can't pick against Bane here even off venom Bane was an absolute powerhouse, sure Batman was momentarily caught off guard by Banes awareness, but he made Bruce look like a helpless child the gif doesn't do it justice so watch the actual video, Bruce wasn't even recovered for a long time he was hurting pretty bad, Banes punches off venom were sending Bruce flying and he just overhead presses a 200 pound man and ragdolls him with a body slam like he was a paper weight, now obviously Batman cannot lose this fight, just like in the comics he is going to come out on top, power of the plot and all, but take that plot armor away and I feel Bane didn't even need Venom, in fact it was only the Jokers intervention that stopped him from finishing Bruce off at his leisure.

But that's just my take on it, for whatever it's worth.

Loading Video...

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Perhaps this is because of how the gameplay made it look, but nobody in the Arrowverse has so effortlessly thrown a human around (especially one with armor on, in very good physical shape as well) as Bane did there. Like, Batman is a pillow for Bane. Oliver getting smashed around like Bats did in that video would likely completely incapacitate him from further fighting, at least enough to where Bane would just break him if he tried to fight back. Remember, after getting punched once by Grundy, Oliver couldn't even muster the strength to get back up, which allowed Grundy to like drop kick him into the ceiling and punch him into the shelving unit. And the second time, Oliver was hit twice and was down and out until some minor PIS kicked in with his vision of Tommy. Not saying that Oliver can't take a few of Bane's punches, but after each one his fighting ability will drastically lower until he can't fight back at all. I agree that Bane is limited on feats because it's a game but I've never seen anyone, enhanced or not, throw someone around with that much force as Bane did in that clip. Maybe it's just gameplay mechanics, but that's how the character was portrayed so that's all we really have to go by. And also, I don't know where you're getting the idea that pretty much nobody can keep up with Oliver's fighting speed...he's really not that fast if you watch his fight scenes. You can bring up stuff like the arrow timing as indicative of his reflexes but then Daredevil is a bullet timer yet other assassins are able to keep up with him.

marvelfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

Killer_Judge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane takes it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

Green Arrow wins.

I don't see it like that. Batman is a professional at stealth, but even with X-Ray that should have put Batman at an offensive advantage. The only thing Batman didn't expect was Bane knowing where he was, which gave him little to no room to react. Batman was able to tank a body slam from Killer Croc (who is a 2 tonner), yet ward off Croc's attempts to eat him. Bane and Batman were at each other's necks after Bane body slammed him, yet Bane was just too powerful for Bruce to handle him in a physical showdown. After being thrown around the hallway, Batman was pretty out of it. Point being, Bane is way too strong for even Batman himself, who has a lot more impressive feats of raw strength than Oliver. Batman also has superior durability than Oliver, yet his energy was pretty depleted after five slams.

I don't see how speed is an advantage for Arrow, Batman can hold his own due to agility, Oliver by comparison doesn't utilize his agility in combat like Batman does. As for training, all the training Bruce went through meant nothing in a fight with Bane. What makes you think Arrow's training will result any different? Even if you argue Arrow has superior training to Batman, Bane is a massive brute. All he needs to do is grapple Oliver, and its over.

Oliver could probably take a few hits from Bane, but each hit he takes is going to severely exhaust him.

That wasn't an actual fight though. Bane grabbed Batman by surprise, and just rag dolled him, as you mentioned. Bane probably could have killed Batman at that moment, but that means nothing because it wasn't a real fight. When Batman and Bane had an ACTUAL fight, Batman kept up just fine.

IF Oliver gets caught off guard, and Bane manages to wrap his hands around his neck before Ollie can fight, then Bane wins. But that won't happen because in a battle, the fighters will generally be about 10 feet apart, staring at each other, and then it begins. In an actual fight where Ollie (or Batman) is prepared and can fight back, Bane will find it a lot more difficult to get his hands on them.

@nickzambuto: Perhaps this is because of how the gameplay made it look, but nobody in the Arrowverse has so effortlessly thrown a human around (especially one with armor on, in very good physical shape as well) as Bane did there. Like, Batman is a pillow for Bane. Oliver getting smashed around like Bats did in that video would likely completely incapacitate him from further fighting, at least enough to where Bane would just break him if he tried to fight back. Remember, after getting punched once by Grundy, Oliver couldn't even muster the strength to get back up, which allowed Grundy to like drop kick him into the ceiling and punch him into the shelving unit. And the second time, Oliver was hit twice and was down and out until some minor PIS kicked in with his vision of Tommy. Not saying that Oliver can't take a few of Bane's punches, but after each one his fighting ability will drastically lower until he can't fight back at all. I agree that Bane is limited on feats because it's a game but I've never seen anyone, enhanced or not, throw someone around with that much force as Bane did in that clip. Maybe it's just gameplay mechanics, but that's how the character was portrayed so that's all we really have to go by. And also, I don't know where you're getting the idea that pretty much nobody can keep up with Oliver's fighting speed...he's really not that fast if you watch his fight scenes. You can bring up stuff like the arrow timing as indicative of his reflexes but then Daredevil is a bullet timer yet other assassins are able to keep up with him.

Yes, Bane is definitely stronger than Ollie. But Bane only got his hands on Batman because Batman wasn't prepared. In an actual battle where Batman is ready, and can fight back, Bane found it a lot harder to capture him. Same here. Bane can't just reach over and grab Ollie, Ollie doesn't stand still, he'll move.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@nickzambuto: it's not like ollies consistent durability is at a point where he can tank (or at least endure) multiple punches from a titanium breaking monster like Cyrus gold. He's been injured by way less and in season 4 alone he's been beaten and almost subdued by 3 random ghosts (needing diggles help to get away), got winded and stunned by 2 hits from Sara whilst protecting thea and was even floored by a kick from thea. Even guys like anarky have brought him to his knees to the point he needed saving.

Granted, ollies performing awfully this season so it's unfair to base his durability just in those showings. My point wasn't that he's always knocked around by random fodder, but rather that he has just as many low showings as high ones, especially recently.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

That wasn't an actual fight though. Bane grabbed Batman by surprise, and just rag dolled him, as you mentioned. Bane probably could have killed Batman at that moment, but that means nothing because it wasn't a real fight. When Batman and Bane had an ACTUAL fight, Batman kept up just fine.

IF Oliver gets caught off guard, and Bane manages to wrap his hands around his neck before Ollie can fight, then Bane wins. But that won't happen because in a battle, the fighters will generally be about 10 feet apart, staring at each other, and then it begins. In an actual fight where Ollie (or Batman) is prepared and can fight back, Bane will find it a lot more difficult to get his hands on them.

The only thing I was pointing out is that despite Batman's own set of impressive strength feats, he was still no match for Bane, nowhere near actually. Yes, I would agree that that wasn't really a fight. It was kind of unfair because Bane had a chance to get his hands on Batman from the get go. As for the ACTUAL fight, Bruce's only chance still is to stun/disorientate Bane before landing any hits (which Bane pretty much no sells, before injecting himself with venom). Even in a real fight, Batman can't win, he can only survive. Oliver by comparison isn't as good as Batman when it comes to fighting brutes.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

The only thing I was pointing out is that despite Batman's own set of impressive strength feats, he was still no match for Bane, nowhere near actually. Yes, I would agree that that wasn't really a fight. It was kind of unfair because Bane had a chance to get his hands on Batman from the get go. As for the ACTUAL fight, Bruce's only chance still is to stun/disorientate Bane before landing any hits (which Bane pretty much no sells, before injecting himself with venom). Even in a real fight, Batman can't win, he can only survive. Oliver by comparison isn't as good as Batman when it comes to fighting brutes.

But Batman's best brutes are Titan users, and not only are they a lot weaker/dumber than Mirakuru users, but he's only able to fight them post-Asylum. In Origins when he was still inexperienced, the instant Bane became a Titan thug, Batman was facing an impossible opponent and needed to win through stealth. So the Batman that Bane beat, is not nearly as good at fighting brutes as Green Arrow is.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: How are Titan users weaker than Mirakuru users? In Arkham Asylum, a Titan henchman crumpled up a huge elevator door. In Arkham City, a Titan henchman popped out of an iron cage and tossed it at Batman like it was nothing. In addition, there really is nothing there to compare intellect. The guys that were hopped up on Mirakuru were just as much thugs as the guys on Titan. Oliver can't fight brutes without more gear.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banes actually an escapade Gorilla from Pena Dura zoo dressed up to look human. OP should at provide Oliver a banana to combat this inhuman menace.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: How are Titan users weaker than Mirakuru users? In Arkham Asylum, a Titan henchman crumpled up a huge elevator door. In Arkham City, a Titan henchman popped out of an iron cage and tossed it at Batman like it was nothing. In addition, there really is nothing there to compare intellect. The guys that were hopped up on Mirakuru were just as much thugs as the guys on Titan. Oliver can't fight brutes without more gear.

Unfortunately, such weak and thin metal isn't much to brag about. Titan just isn't as strong as Mirakuru. And Mirakuru users retained all of their normal personality and intelligence, Solomon Grundy was a proficient fighter. I mean he's no master, without enhancements he'd just be a thug. But he was AVERAGE. Titan users lose almost all brain function and can only charge, giving Batman a perfect weakness to exploit, whereas Oliver needs to actually trade blows in close quarters.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately, such weak and thin metal isn't much to brag about. Titan just isn't as strong as Mirakuru. And Mirakuru users retained all of their normal personality and intelligence, Solomon Grundy was a proficient fighter. I mean he's no master, without enhancements he'd just be a thug. But he was AVERAGE. Titan users lose almost all brain function and can only charge, giving Batman a perfect weakness to exploit, whereas Oliver needs to actually trade blows in close quarters.

Roy is the only Mirakuru user who has performed an impressive strength feat. And that was mostly due to the fact that he's naturally more full of rage than anyone else. Other than that, no other Mirakuru user is as strong as Titan enhanced thugs. Sorry bud :/

As for intellect, fair enough. I forgot Titan users lost most of their brain function.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By renamed040924

@monsterstomp said:
@nickzambuto said:

Roy is the only Mirakuru user who has performed an impressive strength feat. And that was mostly due to the fact that he's naturally more full of rage than anyone else. Other than that, no other Mirakuru user is as strong as Titan enhanced thugs. Sorry bud :/

As for intellect, fair enough. I forgot Titan users lost most of their brain function.

Say whaaaaaat? The first time we see a Mirakuru user at all, it's Solomon Grundy busting into a fortified Queen Industries warehouse, by just smashing down the giant hangar door made of reinforced titanium with his bare hands, and then killing the security guards by crushing their necks in his grip. Grundy can generate over 1,250 pounds of force in just his fingertips, both he and Slade regularly killed people in one hit, but Titan users can't do even that. Batman would actually use them to clear out all the thugs in the area, by stunning them and directing their attacks onto the other guys in the room.

Forcing open an elevator, and popping open his cage, are low-level superhuman showings. Aluminum is not as strong as titanium, let alone a huge, thick, expanded-reinforced titanium hangar door, and being trapped by the Penguin in an iron cage for who-knows-how-long, but later being able to escape it after the cage was damaged by falling two stories, is, well... the elevator might have actually been the better showing after all.

Solomon Grundy uprooted and hefted a large, industrial centrifuge over one shoulder like it was nothing (5 tons) and hurled a warehouse crate filled with junk across the room at blinding speeds (1 ton), and Caleb Green lifted a police car over his head and used it to smash another police car with seemingly no strain at all (2 tons). Mirakuru is LITERALLY multiple times stronger than Titan. There is NO comparison at all.

If Oliver fought a Titan user, he could kill it with no problem in one second, all because of how unintelligent they are. When the brute starts it's shoulder rush, he just launches an arrow through its eye

But since Mirakuru users retain all their intelligence and have superhuman speed too plus a healing factor, dealing with them is a LOT harder. They can dodge and catch arrows, and they don't literally run into attacks.

I just don't understand how you can say Titan users and Mirakuru users are comparable. Come on, man.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nickzambuto: Screw this, I've been talking about fodder Titan users and been comparing it to named Mirakuru users? Unfair.

In Arkham Asylum, Bane threw Batman through a brick wall and literally broke away huge chunks of concrete in the following fight with him. After the fight, Bane was covered in tons of debris as the building collapsed and buried him. This was a momentary victory, as Bane busted through a concrete wall thereafter and got a hold of Batman. That is when Batman summoned the Batmobile and Bane was hit at full force and taken into the river. Batman essentially won via BFR. In the tie-in comics, Bane literally one shotted a Titan and squared off briefly against a full power Grundy who later tossed Bane out of the building. In the tie-in animated film, Bane again busted through a concrete prison wall and was throwing cars around. Unlike most Titan users, Joker on Titan was actually no selling every one of Batman's strikes. Bruce had to go to extremes such as lacing his gauntlet with explosive gel to defeat him.

As for fodder Titan users: 1. I wasn't using the iron cage feat to showcase how good they are at popping iron panels out, I was showcasing how easily they can toss a huge cage like that. 2. Elevator doors can vary from aluminium to stainless steal depending on manufacture standards. Just to put that out there so you don't lose all objectivity.

I'm also just going to point out that this argument was initially about how well Oliver deals with BRUTES in general. With that said, Solomon Grundy (Arkham, of course), Mr Sickle and Killer Croc should be valid in this discussion. In addition to that, Oliver still fought most of those brutes with equipment. If you're debating that Oliver can beat Bane in this scenario, shouldn't you find something a little more applicable?

I just don't understand how you can say Titan users and Mirakuru users are comparable. Come on, man.

Well to tell you the truth, I couldn't recall most of those feats you just provided. Cyrus was very forgettable in Arrow. But I do think we veered slightly off topic.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The conditions Batman went thru in Arkham City & Arkham Knight Ollie wouldn't make it.He'd die.

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Screw this, I've been talking about fodder Titan users and been comparing it to named Mirakuru users? Unfair.

In Arkham Asylum, Bane threw Batman through a brick wall and literally broke away huge chunks of concrete in the following fight with him. After the fight, Bane was covered in tons of debris as the building collapsed and buried him. This was a momentary victory, as Bane busted through a concrete wall thereafter and got a hold of Batman. That is when Batman summoned the Batmobile and Bane was hit at full force and taken into the river. Batman essentially won via BFR. In the tie-in comics, Bane literally one shotted a Titan and squared off briefly against a full power Grundy who later tossed Bane out of the building. In the tie-in animated film, Bane again busted through a concrete prison wall and was throwing cars around. Unlike most Titan users, Joker on Titan was actually no selling every one of Batman's strikes. Bruce had to go to extremes such as lacing his gauntlet with explosive gel to defeat him.

As for fodder Titan users: 1. I wasn't using the iron cage feat to showcase how good they are at popping iron panels out, I was showcasing how easily they can toss a huge cage like that. 2. Elevator doors can vary from aluminium to stainless steal depending on manufacture standards. Just to put that out there so you don't lose all objectivity.

I'm also just going to point out that this argument was initially about how well Oliver deals with BRUTES in general. With that said, Solomon Grundy (Arkham, of course), Mr Sickle and Killer Croc should be valid in this discussion. In addition to that, Oliver still fought most of those brutes with equipment. If you're debating that Oliver can beat Bane in this scenario, shouldn't you find something a little more applicable?

Well to tell you the truth, I couldn't recall most of those feats you just provided. Cyrus was very forgettable in Arrow. But I do think we veered slightly off topic.

True Oliver could not defeat Grundy with just his bare hands, because Mirakuru makes you invincible to conventional attacks and weaponry, so Oliver's melee strikes could only just barely faze him. But, does that not make the skill to completely manhandle Grundy as Oliver did, all the more impressive? When Ollie's opponent is so powerful, he can't even injure the guy, yet he's still so skilled that he telegraphs every movement and counters everything expertly, despite facing a faster opponent in a cramped environment? It's a failing of Ollie's strength to be certain (not that Ollie isn't still a peak human) but that fact shouldn't detract from his fantastic fighting skill.

Now, against Bane? The only thing that MATTERS is the skill Ollie displayed, because Bane is not as strong as Solomon Grundy. He's weaker than him on Titan, and he's even weaker on Venom, and he's even weaker than that at base, which he is at in this scenario. So I see no reason to believe that Ollie can't injure Bane, unless Bane's flesh and bones are significantly more durable than Deathstroke's heavy-grade body armor, because Ollie and Slade fought each other with that costume on, to the point of absolute exhaustion like it wasn't even a factor.

Those are some good points on Bane, although I still don't think he can quite match up with Solomon Grundy or any other Mirakuru user, and like you said since Bane can oneshot other Titan users, Mirakuru as a whole totally wrecks Titan. Assault on Arkham shouldn't be taken into account, because it is completely inconsistent with Bane's abilities in the games. Throwing a car over a mountain is an insane feat, but when Bane was defeated in the first place BY a car running him over, it makes me think that Rocksteady's interpretation of Bane is a lot weaker than whoever made Assault on Arkham. You brought up a lot of his other feats though which surprised me, but I still don't think he's quite as strong as a Mirakuru user, and he certainly doesn't possess their speed or regeneration.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The conditions Batman went thru in Arkham City & Arkham Knight Ollie wouldn't make it.He'd die.

I don't think so. The reason Batman was able to beat pretty much everybody in his rogues gallery in a single night is because Arkham's version of most of the villains are much weaker than we might be used to. Batman making short work of guys like Ra's al Ghul and Deathstroke doesn't say much about Batman's ability, because we have nothing to point towards how skilled Ra's and Slade are. So I see no reason why Ollie wouldn't be able to make similar short work of them, as well as almost everyone else.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True Oliver could not defeat Grundy with just his bare hands, because Mirakuru makes you invincible to conventional attacks and weaponry, so Oliver's melee strikes could only just barely faze him. But, does that not make the skill to completely manhandle Grundy as Oliver did, all the more impressive? When Ollie's opponent is so powerful, he can't even injure the guy, yet he's still so skilled that he telegraphs every movement and counters everything expertly, despite facing a faster opponent in a cramped environment? It's a failing of Ollie's strength to be certain (not that Ollie isn't still a peak human) but that fact shouldn't detract from his fantastic fighting skill.

Now, against Bane? The only thing that MATTERS is the skill Ollie displayed, because Bane is not as strong as Solomon Grundy. He's weaker than him on Titan, and he's even weaker on Venom, and he's even weaker than that at base, which he is at in this scenario. So I see no reason to believe that Ollie can't injure Bane, unless Bane's flesh and bones are significantly more durable than Deathstroke's heavy-grade body armor, because Ollie and Slade fought each other with that costume on, to the point of absolute exhaustion like it wasn't even a factor.

By comparison, Grundy isn't as proficient as Bane is in close quarters. I mean, talk about his physical capabilities, the guy didn't do a fantastic job of sticking to his strengths. Bane on the other hand utilizes grappling when he can. In every single encounter, the best Batman could do is keep Bane at a distance and survive. I don't see how Arrow can replicate that, to be honest. He's not as fast as Batman is in combat, and he's definitely not as agile as Batman is in combat.

On top of that, Arrow has nothing to stun Bane with. Arrow also hasn't got the offensive output against someone who was able to no sell Batman's hits (which can send Joker flying across a church and ward off Killer Croc's attempts to eat him). Killer Croc's hide is bulletproof and can tank explosions. I'm not saying Bane is more durable than Croc, but his pain tolerance allowed him to look more impressive than how Croc fought Batman.

Throwing a car over a mountain is an insane feat, but when Bane was defeated in the first place BY a car running him over, it makes me think that Rocksteady's interpretation of Bane is a lot weaker than whoever made Assault on Arkham.

A building also pretty much collapsed on Bane which is a far far more impressive durability showing than getting hit by a car, but I don't see what a strength feat like throwing a car has anything to do about it. The car throwing feat is a little inconsistent, but Rocksteady never really put a limit on how strong Bane actually was. Regardless, Assault on Arkham is still a canon tie-in. I mean, how many writers write for Superman?

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane