• 126 results
patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By patrat18

@dark_slayor: what are you talking about this guy can lift a cruise ship with little to no effort, that's more than enough to knock wolverine out. aquaman is skilled in fighting more skilled than daredevil who beat wolverine, im not seeing the problem here.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As for the people thinking Orin is slow on land, he has defeated Deathstroke, on land, while blind, relying nothing more on his clearly superhuman hearing and reflexes that were superior to Slade's enhanced ones. Seriously, oe hit fron Aquaman, and Wolverine is flying into the water where it is game over.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: As for the people thinking Orin is slow on land, he has defeated Deathstroke, on land, while blind, relying nothing more on his clearly superhuman hearing and reflexes that were superior to Slade's enhanced ones. Seriously, oe hit fron Aquaman, and Wolverine is flying into the water where it is game over.

One of my friends growing up had that comic you mentioned. Why this thread hasn't been locked yet is beyond me.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: But IIRC, Wolverine's been able to tank punches from a quite a few powerhouses himself.

QFT

You know, I keep seeing people saying "Well, Aquaman would just hit Wolverine." Okay.. I'm sure he would. If Wolverine doesn't block it. I don't understand that part.

What would stop Wolverine from just blocking Aquaman's blow with his claws, and then just cutting off his fist. I'm not putting Aquaman down, this fight could go in multiple ways, just like any battle. I just don't see the point of saying "Well, Aquaman can just hit him and that's it.".

QFT

TP wins this for Aquaman , otherwise theirs a strong possibility of him losing an appendage in close H2H combat. He can definitely hurt Wolverine but he's not one shot KOing him either, Logan's fought Hulk and Thing and wasn't one shotted. The man got slammed through a pool by Namor, commented on how the impact liquified his organs and was like "gimme a minute" to heal for round 2. The claws will go through his armor which has been shredded before as well as his skin, so Aquamans susceptible to getting cut in close, but if he gets his hands on Wolverine and does the WWH hulk and slams his head into the ground enough times to liquefy his brains, Arthur wins.

Logan has tanked blows from stronger opponents than Aquaman (like the ones highlighted above) and kept fighting w/o PIS. I think that he could take more than a few punches from Arthur. In H2H, Aquaman is at a disadvantage as Logan will slice n' dice him at close vicinity. The only chance Arthur has at winning this is with TP.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#105  Edited By Raw_Material

One of my friends growing up had that comic you mentioned. Why this thread hasn't been locked yet is beyond me.

Lol, Really?! love Aquaman too, but this is just ridiculous! Aquaman used to be the only comic I picked up at one point and I still don't seem why this is not a good a match up for the King of the Seven Seas. I mean, this battle is primarily focusing on Aquaman's strength, durability, and speed feats as to Wolverine who's relying on his agility, speed, and more so his admantium sharp boneclaws to make Aquaman fish fillet and try to take this win. I think this is one of the closer match-ups Aquaman's faced and is probably one of his greatest adversaries on the Battle thread IMO (besides the Thing which I've also made a Battle thread of, I'll bump it for you guys to look through). Your definitely underestimating Wolverine here. He's a beast and has taken down some of Marvel's best. I know he has some pretty sick scans IIRC so don't leave him out just yet!

BTW, his battle with Deathstroke is again before he acquired the Harpoon Hand from Vulko (which I have the scans of in my gallery). Although this generalizes on the speed and enhanced senses he's capable of possessing, it's somewhat irrelevant in this battle. If I were to change the OP to the Silver Age Aquaman, then this would be necessary to post as well:

Get at me Green Arrow, where you at?!
Get at me Green Arrow, where you at?!
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiritedaway: Again, that's another low end showing of Wolverine, and if I'm not mistaken Daredevil is using a nerve strike, which Aquaman is no expert in.

For every low end feat you show of Wolverine's damage soak ability, there's probably atleast three more higher end feats that contradict it. Wolverine has tanked replusor blast from Ironman, lighting strikes from Thor, hail storms of bullets on a number of occasions, tanked hits from Hulk and Thing, and even critical nerve strikes from Shingen and Echo. Ofcourse his healing factor doesn't make him immortal or immune to pain, but his damage soak and durability shouldn't be low-balled or dismissed. The man is hard to put down, and even harder to kill.

@patrat18: A few users have posted that this version of Aquaman out of water is a 60tonner. Wolverine has gone up against his fair share of brick 100tonners a number of times in his universe, and didn't get one-shotted.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#109  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@dark_slayor:

Again, that's another low end showing of Wolverine, and if I'm not mistaken Daredevil is using a nerve strike, which Aquaman is no expert in.

And nerve strikes have been proven to be rather ineffective against Logan anyway. Shingen's, Echo's, and Psylocke's didn't seem to effect him very much and Elektra, when she stabbed her sais in him had deep tissue connection, but once she was knocked off he was fine immediately after. But considering, like you mentioned, Aquaman has no knowledge of pressure points and the sais are a rather accurate weapon, it is a moot point. And it's not like Logan hasn't been hit or stabbed in the throat before. Gorgon stabbed him in the throat and Logan wasn't spasming. He hit him in the throat again and wasn't spasming. X-23 slashed his throat and he healed up that same page 3 panels later. Veranke also stabbed him through the throat with his own claws (Which he was also fine) and if not for Luke Cage, he would have gutted her the next page.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Aquaman HAS used pressure point attacks before. And it won't take 100 ton strength to knock Wolverine off his feet.

SpiritedAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SpiritedAway

@dark_slayor: The point of the scans still stands in that people need to stop just assuming wolverine is completely immune to any form of incoming damage at all times. There can only be a low end showing of a character when there is a low end to show, he isn't a god, which is what a lot of people who blindly defend him seem to think. Seriously, there's been threads where people say that he could beat full out blood-lusted phoenix at peak power simply by out healing her damage. I like wolvie as much as the next guy, but anyone who thinks he can just stand there and completely shrug off things like a direct assault from blood lusted phoenix is just insane.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 god_spawn  Moderator

Actually Aquaman HAS used pressure point attacks before. And it won't take 100 ton strength to knock Wolverine off his feet.

Prove it and how consistent is it? Because this is the first time I have ever heard of this.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I don't have a computer anymore, so I can't post scans of anything. And it definitely ISN'T consistent. I was just saying that he HAS done it before, not that it will be a factor in this particular battle. I hope you'll be able to trust my word on this.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By jashro44

@god_spawn: I don't have a computer anymore, so I can't post scans of anything. And it definitely ISN'T consistent. I was just saying that he HAS done it before, not that it will be a factor in this particular battle. I hope you'll be able to trust my word on this.

If you don't have scans issue references should be fine too.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 god_spawn  Moderator

I'll take your word for it, but without scans or issues and since it isn't consistent, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.

Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiritedaway: The point of the scan was to affirm that conventional weapons and nerve strikes are enough to put Wolverine down, which isn't totally the case, if that's even the case at all. God_spawn and myself have both stated instances where Wolverine has tanked game changing nerve strikes with no problem. A showing of a character can be considered low-end where there are consistent other scans/feats/showings that disprove or contradict the showing that's being called into question. And also, no Wolverine isn't immune to every form of damage nor is he immortal, I don't believe anyone in this topic has said that.

BUT, I do see where you're coming from, blind fanboyism is enough to piss anyone off.

@patrat18: I'm not the best at backing up the claims that I make on this site with scans due to sheer laziness. So it's up to you to take my statements as truth or not lol. But I will say I don't think it's fair to debate which character would win in a fight if you don't have a moderate understanding of both combatants, with that said, I don't think you're giving Wolverine a fair shot at all.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A punch from Aquaman would turn Wolverine's brains to jelly. All AC has to do is get a hold of Wolverine, kind of like the Hulk in WWH.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@heraldofganthet said:

@spiritedaway:

So, Elektra and Daredevil are fast enough to both blitz and land critical hits on Wolverine, eh? For that reason alone, I stand by my original position: Aquaman blitzes in and "scruff grabs" Wolverine and either

• Suffocates him in 2-3 inches of topsoil right there on the butte top they're fighting on. Or,
  • "Scruff grabs" Logan and swandives straight to Atlantis. Either way, since Logan (or is it Thomas?) is nowhere near strong enough to break Arthur's grip. He gurgles and dies.

Or he cuts his brain off like a light switch. Either way.

They aren't. One was a comic written by Ennis and he has made it a very infamous part of his career that he doesn't like superhumans and has low balled Wolverine plenty of times. And with Elektra, Wolverine just remarked her speed, and not to mention that Logan wasn't exactly 100% considering the condition he was found in and was still in a brief coma before waking before Hand mind control kicked in, which was something he was shown to be fighting at times throughout the series. Wolverine's already shown he can hang with Elektra speed wise and he's shown superior speed feats anyway. I'm pretty sure there was one fight he even vanished in front of her or something in a fight he didn't want anything to do with. The user is just low balling him and posting things out of context.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#119  Edited By Saren

Ennis wrote an entire series, The Boys, that is filled with his dislike of caped/costumed heroes. But funnily enough, he doesn't seem to have a problem with Superman, at least not that I know of. He wrote an entire issue of Hitman where he praised Clark to the heavens, even though in the same series he had fun mocking Batman, Lobo and Green Lantern.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the people thinking Orin is slow on land, he has defeated Deathstroke, on land, while blind, relying nothing more on his clearly superhuman hearing and reflexes that were superior to Slade's enhanced ones. Seriously, oe hit fron Aquaman, and Wolverine is flying into the water where it is game over.

He didn't beat deathstroke. It ended with Slade dropping a building on him. And he tagged deathstroke after deathstroke hit him....The issue was Slade couldn't hurt him, which isn't an issue wolverine would have.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By patrat18

@dark_slayor: i just started reading aquaman 3 years ago,i grew up watching all the wolverine shows and reading the books.i am pretty sure i have a good understanding of both characters,ive seen wolverine get ko by the hulk with one punch,on his regular mad state i don't see why aquaman fresh out the water would be a problem to doing the same thing.

Avatar image for jaydarocknrolla
Jaydarocknrolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Jaydarocknrolla

overly biased marvel fanboy here,wolverine would slice and dice this dude before he realized his tp was his only chance. if wolverine couldn't penetrate his skin then how'd he lose his hand?

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

overly biased marvel fanboy here,wolverine would slice and dice this dude before he realized his tp was his only chance. if wolverine couldn't penetrate his skin then how'd he lose his hand?

Welcome to Comicvine. FYI, If you come out the gate claiming to be a fanboy then other viners won't take your opinions seriously I agree with you about how this fight would go though.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I'm pretty sure there was one fight he even vanished in front of her or something in a fight he didn't want anything to do with. The user is just low balling him and posting things out of context.

Understood. Thank you for providing clarity on this due to the fact that I haven't read either of the comics those scans came from. Much appreciated. It does stand to reason though, that a man with the muscle power to swim against the ocean currents at Mach+ speeds would be extraordinarily fast in the much thinner ocean of air that we live in. That alone should make him scores faster than Wolverine, Elektra, or Daredevil. IMO.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#125 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@ghostravage: Yeaaah, major PIS there or a complete artistic mistake. Thinking a weakening Hulk should penetrate adamantium is silly. Especially considering the garbage and completely inconsistent run that Aaron had with the Hulk. If people actually trust that showing then they must also accept the fact that Wolverine can apparently regrow adamantium then.

1. Even if Hulk had the strength to do it, can adamantium cut through adamantium? Wolverine vs Cyber comes to mind.

2. Couldn't Wolverine just have retracted his claws before Hulk made him stab himself?

3. I have no idea how I ended up in this thread.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 god_spawn  Moderator

@jloneblackheart:

1. Primary adamantium or the adamantium that Wolverine has, which is adamantium beta (it was primary that interacted with his healing factor and altered the metal or something so that it doesn't inhibit the function of the bones) has never been officially broken. All of the times it was broken in the past was put under a blanket retcon making it into secondary adamantium, which has been broken before. Brevoort also confirmed this a few years ago. The only times I really know of adamantium being destroyed or altered was Thanos transmuting Logan's bones into rubber. King Thor using the Odin force to melt Wolverine. And I think it was Misty Knight using Wakandan vibranium since that is what her arm is made out of, and she melted part of an adamantium sword. But Wakandan vibranium is supposed to dissolve any metal on a molecular level anyway due to the vibrational frequency it gives off. With the little history lessen out of the way, adamantium has only been used on adamantium twice to my knowledge. Wolverine never being able to cut Cyber for one, but that could be a lack of strength on Logan's part. Still, the lack of strength has never hindered him when it has come to stabbing Thanos, Namor, Gladiator, Hulk, Thing, Thor etc. So it makes the adamantium sit on a high pedestal. And there was another story where a guy had Logan pinned down and tried to decapitate him with an adamantium buzzsaw and the saw just stopped when it hit his neck. So as far as we know, possibly when the right amount of pressure is given, but since adamantium that Wolverine has, has never been officially destroyed by physical force and the only dent we've ever seen through means was Thor striking a cylinder of the stuff with Mjolnir with all of his strength and it leaving a microscopic dent.

2. It's Jason Aaron. He switches out logic and consistency quite often for funny moments. I basically gave up on his X stuff when Dog, Logan's brother, was whooping on him with future tech and he summoned a robot that was going to measure the student's genitals and Dog came and said something along the lines of he having genitals to measure right here before "saving" the students. And his Hulk run was all over the place so it's hard to pick out what was really legit or not. That being said, Logan has been held up by Hulk in the past and Hulk was trying to pull him apart by trying to dislocate his arms by grabbing the claws and Logan didn't get torn or even dislocated a joint and he just simply sheathed his claws back in and he was let go. Logically, he should have, but keyword logically.

3. Technopathy via modhood?

@heraldofganthet: Namor swims at mach speeds as well. Wolverine has tagged him plenty of times. Outside of the water, I don't see Aquaman's swimming speed really making much of a difference since he isn't too fast for Wolverine to tag.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

All this pomp & circumstance is pretty moot since this is JLA Aquaman, who can just incap Wolvie with telepathy at the onset of the battle. While Wolvie is on the ground, A-Man has more than enough time to retreat out of the crater and into water, where he can flood the heck out of the whole surrounding area (if that were allowed in teh rules). But the incap's enough.

Stomp thread in favor of Aquaman for said reason, imo.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#128  Edited By Raw_Material

bump

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers