Invincible may have a chance here... 
-Unseen-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By -Unseen-

No telepathy? Invincble should probaly win with superior speed. 

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Isn't Invincible a 400-tonner and Aquaman currently bereft of his magic hand?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By The_Martian
@-Unseen-:  Aquaman isn't exactly slow. He can travel about 8 times the speed of sound while swimming. He has to beable to react at that speed.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
I dont know if Aquaman is all that strong though... at times he has been able to keep up with Superman... but I recall Batman giving hell to Aquaman in a fight too... 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By spidey 15

Invincible ftw...=]
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
hmmm... the DC Database has Aquaman at around 60 tons on average strength... 
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@King Saturn said:
" hmmm... the DC Database has Aquaman at around 60 tons on average strength...  "
Funny, I just checked and they have him ranked at 10,000 tons at the minimum.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@ThanosIsMad said:
" @King Saturn said:
" hmmm... the DC Database has Aquaman at around 60 tons on average strength...  "
Funny, I just checked and they have him ranked at 10,000 tons at the minimum. "
not quite... Aquaman can only that many tons when he is sufficiently hydrated... in other words he has to be either just coming out of the water... or in the water itself... otherwise his normal strength on land is around 60 tons... check his page again
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Martian
@King Saturn:  Aquaman is no pushover in the strength department:

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Nobody said:
" @King Saturn:  Aquaman is no pushover in the strength department:

"
these are all nice feats... but I dont think Aquaman is really in Wonder Woman or Superman strength class either... just some nice high showings on him holding his own for a while... 
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@King Saturn said:

" @ThanosIsMad said:

" @King Saturn said:
not quite... Aquaman can only that many tons when he is sufficiently hydrated... in other words he has to be either just coming out of the water... or in the water itself... otherwise his normal strength on land is around 60 tons... check his page again "
You don't have to be just out of water to be sufficiently hydrated.  He could be out of the water for 30 seconds or half an hour and be at or near his full strength, which is well in excess of Invincible's strength.  

People seem to think that the Aquaman (and Namor as well) has to either be in water or have water on him in order to be able to commit feats of strength on the order of thousands of tons on a consistent basis, which isn't true at all.  Hell, Aquaman could spend an entire day out of water and simply drink glasses of water regularly and still be at full strength.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Martian
@King Saturn:  He's not quiet at their level, but he is strong enough to damage someone at their level. He should beable to exchange blows with someone like Invincible who isn't at their level either.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@ThanosIsMad said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @ThanosIsMad said:

" @King Saturn said:
not quite... Aquaman can only that many tons when he is sufficiently hydrated... in other words he has to be either just coming out of the water... or in the water itself... otherwise his normal strength on land is around 60 tons... check his page again "
You don't have to be just out of water to be sufficiently hydrated.  He could be out of the water for 30 seconds or half an hour and be at or near his full strength, which is well in excess of Invincible's strength.    People seem to think that the Aquaman (and Namor as well) has to either be in water or have water on him in order to be able to commit feats of strength on the order of thousands of tons on a consistent basis, which isn't true at all.  Hell, Aquaman could spend an entire day out of water and simply drink glasses of water regularly and still be at full strength. "
okay then... prove it... show Aquaman lifting something in excess of 10,000 tons then... if you know for a fact he is at this strength level 

@Nobody said:

" @King Saturn:  He's not quiet at their level, but he is strong enough to damage someone at their level. He should beable to exchange blows with someone like Invincible who isn't at their level either. "

this cant be true... because if you believe this... then there really isnt a purpose into making a thread where you believe one characters can hurt Superman level threats... knowing that the other character is not anywhere near that level... 
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Martian
@King Saturn:  Why because Invincible was only able to lift 400 tons that one time? He's been getting stronger since then. He was able to defeat an older trained Viltrumite on his own. Invincible also has the advantage of flight, though Aquaman has access to the ocean.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Nobody said:
" @King Saturn:  Why because Invincible was only able to lift 400 tons that one time? He's been getting stronger since then. He was able to defeat an older trained Viltrumite on his own. Invincible also has the advantage of flight, though Aquaman has access to the ocean. "
but you dont know how much stronger... so its impossible to speculate what level he is at... 
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Martian
@King Saturn:  We know he is at least 400 tons :P
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Nobody said:
" @King Saturn:  We know he is at least 400 tons :P "
yeah but how much more...   
I still dont see a whole lot to say Aquaman is near the levels of Superman and Wonder Woman in terms of strength feats... Aquaman does have a few good feats where he is moving or pushing a Large Boat or Sub... but he is not actually lifting them up... 

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Martian
@King Saturn said:
" @Nobody said:
I still dont see a whole lot to say Aquaman is near the levels of Superman and Wonder Woman in terms of strength feats... Aquaman does have a few good feats where he is moving or pushing a Large Boat or Sub... but he is not actually lifting them up... 

"
He did lift a city block or something like that.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Nobody said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Nobody said:

"
He did lift a city block or something like that. "
hmmm... I sort of remember that... 
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Martian

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Sparda
@Nobody said:
" @King Saturn:  Why because Invincible was only able to lift 400 tons that one time? He's been getting stronger since then. He was able to defeat an older trained Viltrumite on his own. Invincible also has the advantage of flight, though Aquaman has access to the ocean. "
I assume that you're talking about Conquest (I haven't read the latest seven issues or so), in which case, he didn't do it on his own. His little bro helped out for a little bit and Atom Eve did some serious damage when she roasted off all of Conquest's skin and distracted him.

I need to catch up on Invincible though, because for all I know he could've got into a fight with three Viltrumites at the same time or something :l
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Martian
@Sparda:  I don't think his brother did much. I did forget about Atom Eve though helping.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Nobody said:
"
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
"
thats a solid feat... but he looks like he is Underwater when he is doing it... the DC Sources say that Aquaman can lift over 10,000 tons Underwater... but not on Land
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Sparda
@Nobody said:
" @Sparda:  I don't think his brother did much. I did forget about Atom Eve though helping. "
Yeah, his little bro didn't really do any damage, but IIRC Conquest was wailing on Invincible when he distracted him for a few seconds so Mark could get himself on his feet.

Man, that was the sweetest fight ever.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Martian
@King Saturn:  I believe Aquaman retains his strength for awhile while on the surface.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Primmaster64

Why do people make fun of Aquaman?

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@Primmaster64 said:
" Why do people make fun of Aquaman? "
Superfriends make him look like a bitch.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Primmaster64
@ThanosIsMad: 
lol
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Nobody said:

" @King Saturn:  I believe Aquaman retains his strength for awhile while on the surface. "

not to that level though...  

@ThanosIsMad said:

" Aquaman pulling a bigass ship behind him

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3705/aquamanstrengthfeat013sz.jpg

Enough strength to support buildings

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4554/jlav3113087dt.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/...anv614141uf.jpg 
  http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/89...anv614153ql.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/73...anv614165xg.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/59...anv614176dm.jpg   

Aquaman lifting a city block

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2532/1144205-aquamanliftscitystreet010yp_super.jpg 
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2532/1144210-aquamanliftscitystreet026vd_super.jpg 
 http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2532/1144211-aquamanliftscitystreet035tk_super.jpg    And if you factor in his telepathy, which works on more things than fish and was even powerful enough to get into J'onns mind undetected, Invincible is going to have a hard time. "

1. he is in the Water... while he is pulling the ship 
2. this is the only viable feat you have here technically... and its hard to tell how large this building is... but its a decent showing for this occasion 
3. again... he is Underwater doing this
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ThanosIsMad

He's underwater, on the ocean floor, displacing tens of thousands of tons.  Coupled with the water, that adds tens of thousands of tons more as Aquaman has to displace the water as well in order to move the mass of land.  Being in water only maintains his power level, just like Superman being in open air will maintain his power level in comparison to being in an underground cave.  

It's a legit feat.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@ThanosIsMad said:

" He's underwater, on the ocean floor, displacing tens of thousands of tons.  Coupled with the water, that adds tens of thousands of tons more as Aquaman has to displace the water as well in order to move the mass of land.  Being in water only maintains his power level, just like Superman being in open air will maintain his power level in comparison to being in an underground cave.    It's a legit feat. "

but he is still near or in the Water when he is doing these things... yes the Feat is Legit in itself... but not for what I was talking about... where is Aquaman lifting these massive amounts of tons completely away from Water... 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Aquaman can BFR him with his hand

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Aquaman can BFR him with his hand "

the OP said no BFR

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@King Saturn said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" Aquaman can BFR him with his hand "

the OP said no BFR

"
Didn't see that so I guess no TP goes along with the TP backed hand attacks even if they do not affect the opponents head.

Invincible should win based on flight
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@King Saturn said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:

" He's underwater, on the ocean floor, displacing tens of thousands of tons.  Coupled with the water, that adds tens of thousands of tons more as Aquaman has to displace the water as well in order to move the mass of land.  Being in water only maintains his power level, just like Superman being in open air will maintain his power level in comparison to being in an underground cave.    It's a legit feat. "

but he is still near or in the Water when he is doing these things... yes the Feat is Legit in itself... but not for what I was talking about... where is Aquaman lifting these massive amounts of tons completely away from Water...  "
If the feat is legit, then it doesn't matter where he does them.  If he's capable of doing such things underwater, he's capable of doing so above ground and in space.  However, water is Aquaman's playground.  It's the prime focus of his stories, which is why you see things in water.  It's unnecessary for him to do them in the company of the JLA since theres Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and Hal Jordan to do enough lifting to make anything Aquaman did look worthless in comparison.

Everything Superman does is in the presence of sunlight.  Does that make anything he accomplishes any less potent?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@ThanosIsMad said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:

but he is still near or in the Water when he is doing these things... yes the Feat is Legit in itself... but not for what I was talking about... where is Aquaman lifting these massive amounts of tons completely away from Water...  "
If the feat is legit, then it doesn't matter where he does them.  If he's capable of doing such things underwater, he's capable of doing so above ground and in space.  However, water is Aquaman's playground.  It's the prime focus of his stories, which is why you see things in water.  It's unnecessary for him to do them in the company of the JLA since theres Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and Hal Jordan to do enough lifting to make anything Aquaman did look worthless in comparison.  Everything Superman does is in the presence of sunlight.  Does that make anything he accomplishes any less potent? "

man... you take a really long time to answer people's replies...

also you have totally missed the point here... you are claiming since the feat is legit... then Aquaman can do these feats everywhere... when thats simply not the case at all buddy... every DC Source says Aquaman can only attain these Great Strength Levels Underwater or Near Water... but outside of Water his base Strength Level is Much Weaker... and you really have not given us anything to show that to be wrong... all of the Strength Feats you have shown show Aquaman essentially in or near Water... therefore it is not safe for you to assume that Aquaman can attain these Great Strength Levels completely away from Water... cause you have not shown us anything to prove it otherwise... now if you can give us a scan of Aquaman away from Water sustaining these Great Strength Levels... then your point would stand clear... but until then what you are saying of Aquaman being able to sustain these Great Strength Levels away from Water is simply assumption... especially since DC Sources say otherwise as well... 

Avatar image for deactivated-59e0e7cc44079
deactivated-59e0e7cc44079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Invincible

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible stomps..hard.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By IndieComicsFTW
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@allstarsuperman said:

Invincible

@nelomaxwell said:

Invincible

@thundergodswrath said:

Invincible stomps..hard.

All Co Signed. Not a stomp, but Mark wins.

Aquaman is league's stronger than anything Invincible has shown. Mark has been handled by adult Viltrumites every time and its debatable if they are on his level. That chick pulling the ship is their only quantifiable feat. Which would be 100,000 tons displaced

Aquaman has lifted a cruise ship, meaning he was support all of the weight and nothing was being displaced. If the ships are equal (and we are assuming so since we have no way to compare) Aquaman's feat is superior. There's also the matter of him collapsing the Trench, blitzing Superman and fighting WW to a stalemate.

I might consider giving Invincible a speed advantage, but this battle is located near water.

Viltrumite durability is nice, but nothing Aquaman's Trident can't handle.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@fallschirmjager: True aquaman is in the same ball park as Invincible. See Invincible as the stronger after doing research on his feats. The thing is Ealry Invincible was 30+ tons. Current Invincible is Moon wrecking.

Invincible on this site is said to be weaker than say Wonder Woman or Black Adam. I say this is false. Some examples of this strength.

1-2) Benches 400 tons with little problem.

3) Fissures the planet to stop a army in its tracks.

4-5) Lifts what can be calculated close to 500-600 tons of stone.

6) Pulps a Super Human Durable Angstrom.

7) Thunder Claps Sequids away.

8) Easily rips apart Doctor Octopus arms apart in a official Marvel Team Up title. Last time I check his arms were Carbonadium or Secondary Adamantium. Clarification may be needed for that.

Most of this is Early Invincible or his weaker feats. Like the Bench Pressing 400 tons. He can Bench 400 tons comfortably, yet he has the strength of Multi Thousand Ton damage way after this. Omni Man told his son that with age he will become stronger and by working out he will get way stronger. This shows.

1-2) Invincible has flatten mountains and crated his own Grand Canyons with his strength.

3-4) A weaker earlier Invincible and one other weaker Viltrumite lifted and pushed, and held up from sinking, a Large Cruise Liner 3 miles straight. That is 100,00+ tons of weight without passengers. With people, luggage, crew, and taking on water (Flooding) its more 250,000 tons.

5) Again a weaker and less experience Invincible slams Allen with enough force to crater and dust a good size portion of the Moon.

6-7) Invincible hits with such force that the shock wave sends flying Construction Workers and all the heavy steel, concrete, ect debris.

All this are Super Man worthy feats. These are insane showings of strength that is way over 400 tons. One more set of showing of strength is feats from the likes of Conquest and Omni Man. Both super strong Viltrumites that Invincible is equal to.

1-3) Conquest is encased in 400 tons of steel. Unable to move. Added to this is a Implosion device if he moves. Conquest not only smashes out of this with a flex of his muscles, he does so easy. Now most take this as a 400 ton feat. This is steel which has 35,000 pounds per square inch! To break out of 400 ton block of steel by flexing your muscles is a worthy 100,000+ ton feat.

4-5) Omni Man punches Invincible through 2 Skyscraper, and this was holding back his punch. Clearly above 400 tons of force by a huge margin.

The point I want to get across is many people think Invincible is a 400 toner because he was stated to have started working out at 400 tons. He has by feats and statements gotten way stronger.

So with that said is Invincible comparable to say Wonder Woman who feats of strength consist this?

No Caption Provided

I say yes, and then some. So with that said I think it is fairly a sure thing Invincible can indeed match Green Lantern in strength or break his shields.

This is straight from my debate with Deranged_Midget as of now.

Some of these feats are insane higher than a mere cruise ship.

Strength wise Aquaman and Invincible are around the same level. Its no real big difference one way or the other. Its the Speed and Pain Tolerance that swings it to Invincible IMO.

Invincible can fight with a broken spine. Holes in his chest. He can keep fighting till he wins. Also the speed is major. I simply never seen Aquaman fight at those speeds, except under water. However Invincible is no dummy, he will not fight Aquaman on his terms anymore than fighting Darkwing in the Shadow World.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RetconCrisis

Invincible should win.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#50  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@indiecomicsftw: You arguments are flawed.

The cruise ship feat is Invincible's highest quantifiable feat. Just like Aquaman's highest quantifiable. They both have higher feats, but nothing we can quantify. Aquaman collapsed an under water Canyon by pushing it together. And it was a struggle for him unlike the ship which was easy. I just can't quantify it unless I know the size, type of rock, etc...

The ship feats. First off Invicinble required help. 2nd -

• Largest cruise ship today weights 225,000 tons. 100,000 displaced.
  • IN water pulling it / pushing it is a 100,00 ton feat. If you lift the ship its no longer being displaced, meaning Lifting > Pulling - every time.
  • Invincible even currently (I have read all of the books) his last showing he still got beat by his Dad in an arm wrestling match so he's still not as strong as an Adult.

2nd. I find it funny you think Invincible isn't going to fight on Aquaman's terms, but you somehow thing Aquaman will fight on Mark's. This battle is located right next to water. Aquaman is going to dive into it immediately. Even if you want to bring up Invincible has a very small window to grab Aquaman - Mark's MO is not to speed blitz someone ever (even if he could). I don't know that I remember him doing it once. Especially currently since he is not going through one of his Kill-them phases.

And his durability is nothing to Aquaman's Trident. OP didn't state if he has it or not (because the thread is 3 years old and Pre-52 trident is OP) but unless stated we assume standard gear. If an Adult Viltrumite - who's strength is debatably equal with Aquaman's - can rip out Mark's guts so can Arthur. And his Trident will be worse.