Team 2

Turncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Turncoat

Team 1 I think, simply considering they're at a beach.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wbr17

If Cyborg or Aquaman can mess with Midnighter battle computer the game is on.

larfleezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1, I'm pretty sure that Arthur's trident is standard gear.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2, Apollo solos. Midnighter also beats Aquaman alone though I'm not sure about soloing, mainly because I'm not sure what his post Forever Evil body is like, but his first body would beat Midnighter with the help.

Still, team 2 dominates overall.

hyperion234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hyperion234

team 2

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I heard of team 2, they win handily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team 2, Apollo solos. Midnighter also beats Aquaman alone though I'm not sure about soloing, mainly because I'm not sure what his post Forever Evil body is like, but his first body would beat Midnighter with the help.

Still, team 2 dominates overall.

Huh? (I didn't read Forever Evil, I was still into Marvel back then)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6e810ada7dc
deactivated-5a6e810ada7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 mainly due to Cyborg's physiological scanners, Cyborg's various weaponry, Cyborg's high intelligence, beach location advantage and their combined strength. the night time advantage doesn't hurt either Cyborg is obviously MVP imo.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: His original cybernetics got possessed by a virus and left him so he had to get a new body made.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 dies

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure this goes to Team 2. Cyborg lacks battle feats, and doors will negate his boom tubes. Frankly Midnighter has routinely his doors to good effect in fights compared to Cyborg using boom tubes. Apollo vs Aquaman is a good fight, but on the off chance that Aquaman can pull of a win, he will be basically broken, allowing Midnighter to finish him off.

(I don't think Victor has much chance against Lucas, not until he gets more quantifiable combat feats at least).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: His original cybernetics got possessed by a virus and left him so he had to get a new body made.

Oh. I thought you were saying Aquaman got a new body xD

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@highaccuser said:

You would looking at the post again...kinda worded that badly.

Avatar image for darkprimesovereign
DarkPrimeSovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: This is WildStorm Apollo & Midnighter, not current

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@highaccuser said:

You would looking at the post again...kinda worded that badly.

What haha

KeiKrossKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 for my pick.

morjumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aqua man is very under rated

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1, and Cyborg is the MVP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morjumba said:

Aqua man is very under rated

He is starting to get overrated a bit tbh.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:
@night_raven said:

I'm pretty sure this goes to Team 2. Cyborg lacks battle feats, and doors will negate his boom tubes. Frankly Midnighter has routinely his doors to good effect in fights compared to Cyborg using boom tubes. Apollo vs Aquaman is a good fight, but on the off chance that Aquaman can pull of a win, he will be basically broken, allowing Midnighter to finish him off.

(I don't think Victor has much chance against Lucas, not until he gets more quantifiable combat feats at least).

Cyborg's energy blasts are varied and extremely powerful, his body has a high degree of invulnerability and massive regeneration, he technoforms weapons as needed from his body, and his senses are off the chart. He has statements to show he can kill Superman in under 5 seconds and punch people into orbit. He also has a computer simulation system as shown in his n52 series. He's also got at least one decent striking feat against Shazam, but striking isn't typical given how powerful his sonic blasts have been portrayed.

DC's been working on both characters (Aquaman and Cyborg) in the new 52 to demonstrate why they are JL material, which was questioned by some in the past. The OP might have just been trying to stir up a fan argument given the characters chosen, but I think there's reasonable discussion. All I ask for is the feats for Apollo and Midnighter to make for a knowledgeable comparison. I don't know their best feats. To me, Apollo looks like a Superman-like character and Midnighter reminds me of Deathstroke based on what I know.

In reflection I probably was low-balling Cyborg a bit, and had forgotten about a few of those statements. What he lacks though is showing he can use his abilities against skilled metas, and it's always difficult to apply statements (i.e. I don't think that statement is meant to convince us that Victor would kill Superman in 5 seconds if they fought, more that he might be able to. Apollo is very similar to Superman, but lacks some of the high-end feats. He still has very impressive speed (flies round the world in 30 seconds) and your standard Superman-clone standard of strength and other abilities, all of which should allow him to outclass either member of Team 1, maybe struggling with Arthur's trident).

Against Midnighter (who has a battle computer that instantaneously shows him any possibly outcome), he'll have difficulty tagging him (Deadshot wasn't able to land a single bullet until Midnighter deliberately allowed it), and faces serious danger from Midnighter using doors to quickly teleport next to him. FYI, Midnighter is similarly skilled to Deathstroke, but the differences lie in Midnighter's battle computer and significantly better physicals ('carbon-fibre muscles' that have allowed him to do things like bloody Apollo and break Martian Manhunter's nose).

This is a good fight, I'm just of the opinion that Team 2 ought to pull through. They also have the advantage of having worked together much more.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 should stomp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Your suggesting he's be overrated, I'm a bit curious to how. Cause I'd hate to be ranking him with people he should be with.

Different strokes, for different folks.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By reaverlation

@dondave: Are you saying who you think wins or just providing context?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Are you saying who you think wins or just providing context?

Just throwing gasoline on the flames.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Sorry I forgot it was just their Wildstorm versions. But I would point out that the MMH feat was a combination of his strength with his battle computer to find the single potentially fatal blow that he could land on someone of J'onn's level.

Sure, well he was able smash into the Reality Incorporated fleet (the size of a continent) and start tearing huge pieces from it, and has a seemingly powerful heat vision which gives him ranged options. Double-checking the OP I see that the battle is at night, which does give Aquaman/Cyborg a better chance if they can prolong the fight, Apollo's reserves haven't always been too impressive.

Not really, that was when Superman had been infected by Cheetah and had been subdued by the tribe's horn. Vic then mimicked the frequencies coming from the horn to keep him down. My main concern with his statement about scrambling Supes' brain is whether he'd able to do it in an actual fight.

If Cyborg could hack into Midnighter's brain (where his battle computer is), then that could change the fight significantly. Otherwise Midnighter could slice him in half using doors (see scans). The doors incidentally are a technology that are not based on Earth so should be out of Vic's reach.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Apollo has a continent busting strength feat which makes him a lot stronger than them and Midnighter beats Aquaman by being too fast and able to hurt him. Cyborg really just isn't that good combatively in my experience.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By Saren

@ecstaticgrace: The OP says Wildstorm versions, so I'm not sure why you guys keep going on about Martian Manhunter. Wildstorm Midnighter one-shotted Maul with a nerve-strike; Maul's fists hit with the force of aircraft carriers and he was strong enough to beat Captain Atom into a concussion. I'm not sure why one hit of that sort wouldn't take out Cyborg.

Physicals aside, there's a fairly easy way for anyone with teleportation abilities to beat Aquaman. Just dump him in a desert. Worse yet, Apollo can dump him on the sun.

No Caption Provided

If anyone wants physical feats, I can provide them. I'm not sure they're necessary when Arthur can be defeated by a strategy as simple as dumping him in the Sahara.

At this point I don't see why Cyborg couldn't hack into Midnighter's battle computer, he can enter the Bat computer, he can hack into Kryptonian tech, he is in control of his own digital Universe as far as I'm aware.

Midnighter's battle computer was made hack-proof by the Engineer and she controls technology more advanced than anything Cyborg deals with. She's permanently linked into alien tech that chains baby universes as a power source and once imprisoned a guy who was literally the Sun in humanoid form.