• 93 results
Avatar image for scarlet_webster
Scarlet_Webster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anakin before falling to the dark side and Mace before dying.

EU feats are aloud.

Soup95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A really solid argument could be made for either of the two. I personally would give it to Mace by the smallest fraction of a majority, however he would be a battered and bloody mess after the encounter

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LondonBFR

Anakin.

stl9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would think Anakin

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace...

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace stomps

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be Mace but I don't see it as a stomp. You could definitely argue for Ani but...screw that crybaby ;)

darktortoise23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ACCORDING TO THE STAR WARS SAGA EDITION RPG:

At the time of the Clone Wars, Anakin was lvl 14, 15 at the highest, but that's including taking a level in Sith Apprentice.

At the same time, Mace was lvl 19. Note that the level cap is 20, which is where Yoda, EU Luke Skywalker, and Emperor Palpatine are.

Note that Mace Windu is so good that he was able to defeat a person a whole level above him(With difficulty of course), as well as redirect his force attack. He is also considered one of the best lightsaber duelists in the Order during his time.

Based on those stats, Mace wins.

However, disregarding that, Mace STILL wins because Anakin only really shows impressive skill in lightsaber fighting after his Dark Side Upgrade. Until he fell, he was still outmatched by Dooku, who was an old guy, for a good portion of the Clone Wars. Not to mention that Ventress continued to give him the runaround during the same period. Plus, Mace has Vaapad, Shatterpoint(A skill only he and EU Luke mastered), and better force abilities. Mace, though not in a total stomp, still takes this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A case could be made for either, I am leaning towards Anakin because of his greater connection to the Force.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin 7/10

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A case could be made for either, I am leaning towards Anakin because of his greater connection to the Force.

Avatar image for theimmovableobject52
TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin is more force sensitive but that means nothing when going up against arguably the best lightsaber wielder at the time including his adept strength and experience Anakin gets stomped Mace is too powerful

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soup95 said:

A really solid argument could be made for either of the two. I personally would give it to Mace by the smallest fraction of a majority, however he would be a battered and bloody mess after the encounter

TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: what evidence do you have that proves he is on the level of a master he was not admitted by the council because of it yes he has power but compared to Mace theirs a huge gap Mace Windu was stated to be the champion of the Jedi order he even went as far as out duel and out class Palpatine in a straight fight Anakin would get destroyed the chosen one he is indeed but ready to go one on one with a champion i think not, his only accomplishments had been an aged count dooku and younglings Anakin lost to Obi Wan what makes you think he can fight Mace, Mace was revered as a legend in the clone wars being a walking armada Mace has strength so does Anakin they both use anger and aggression but anakin is too clouded with emotions and has no control Mace is refined and ready

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Anakin and Obi Wan were dueling their force push countered each other. So I don't know how much of a Force powerhouse he was. He had potential, but power wise Yoda, Sidious, Dooku and Windu outrank him severely.

Windu is better all around.

TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: Personality does go into fights Anakin will try and hurt Windu using his brash techniques it will end the same way it did when he fought Obi Wan thats why Mace takes this in rank he was higher but Mace was more than rank he is a master for a reason yes he dies because of Anakin but then again he was double teamed in a straight Mace was known to have Shatterpoint something Anakin was unaware of giving Mace the ability to sense the weakness in anything and exploit it so what your saying is that Anakin can beat Windu but then gets wrecked by Obi Wan that makes no sense Windu was far greater than Obi Wan which in this case Anakin was enraged and still lost yes my friend this is VIne but fights are more than brute strength

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace Windu would win for sure, though it would be a great fight.

TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: no i understand my only conclusion was that Anakin was a power house but had yet to refine his skills you know youth vs experience

SSbardock84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice fight. I'd say Mace barely.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By WollfMyth209
@darkdefender said:
@soup95 said:

Nah. Anakin wins anything from 7-8/10. He's just more powerful, faster, stronger, and has exhibited rivalling skill with the blade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
deactivated-5c508820920c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annie boi in a decent fight.

Avatar image for aiartificalintelligence
AIartificalintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone better start dropping sources for this claim that Mace is far more powerful/skillful than Anakin. If no one does, I will take that as my signal to start trashing arguments.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sXe619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done. Anakin in a great fight, due to superior raw power. In terms of lightsaber dueling, I'd say they're about equal.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I laughed at the notion of Mace stomping when he's admitted more than once before that Anakin is stronger than him/possibly the strongest Jedi in the Order.

Alex7861able

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin seems to have more raw power, but then Mace did improve during the clone wars. Ehh, I'll go with Mace 6/10

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin right before he faught Dooku would win.

Hindered Anakin that faught Obi loses.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@shootingnova: He did? Thats awesome where?

Anyway Mace is skilled enough to defeat Anakin by RoTS. And even though Palps vs Mace is a polarizing topic, Lucas said that you had to Mace or Yoda to compete with Sidious who Anakin couldn't handle at the time. That being said Mace wins the majority .

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

MW

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: Not really. Anakin's both more powerful and faster, not to mention stronger. He'd definitely win.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: It's 9. AM where I live, m8.

Anyways I don't see what feats Anakin has demonstrated that show he's faster or more powerful.

Open your eyes, then.

Mace has slowed a landslide which should be on par with what Anakin's done by this point

No, it's not. Anakin moving a CIS dreadnaught while a padawan, or collapsing a 30 by 90 meter dome is certainly a better feat. And comparing their similar feats side-by-side you'd see Skywalker is superior:

Mace has trouble pushing a Republic tank off a cliff:

No Caption Provided

Anakin casually throws it at a droid armada:

"Get going. Count of three." Anakin bobbed up from behind the walker and was greeted by a hail of blasterfire. "Three!" he yelled, swinging at the bolts.

The men sprinted for the door, plunging into the acrid black smoke that now filled the courtyard. It was some kind of cover for a few seconds. Anakin saw the droids, hampered by their own debris, and his eyes went to the blazing carcass of the AT-TE.

Just do it. Adrenaline fueled him. He sent the wreckage skidding across the ground with a massive Force push. The kinetic force of the impact and the sheet of flame released when it slammed into the droid ranks had the effect of a bomb going off. Then another explosion-the walker's magazine, probably-sent a fireball soaring into the air.

Source: The Clone Wars Novel

If you're going to apply a high end feat for Mace:

No Caption Provided

Mace swooping over droids, partially via domino effect, is rivalled by Anakin doing this:

No Caption Provided

True, Mace did it on a larger scale, but he didn't really send the droids flying, he more just knocked a few over then let them fall on the rest. Anakin visibly sent the droids flying.

So evidently Skywalker holds the advantage in telekinesis.

and Mace has similar feats of agility.

Agility =/= speed, where Anakin's better. And if you want to argue agility:

I'd say Skywalker rivals Mace there, as well.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins.

Pale_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pale_Aura

No Caption Provided

Mace swooping over droids, partially via domino effect, is rivalled by Anakin doing this:

No Caption Provided

True, Mace did it on a larger scale, but he didn't really send the droids flying, he more just knocked a few over then let them fall on the rest. Anakin visibly sent the droids flying.

@darkdefender: I dont think thats just a domino effect though. It looks as if the droids were toppled, AND pushed back along with the weight increasing with every extra droid behind the other. Had it just been a domino effect, the radius wouldn't have changed, the toppled droids wouldve stayed in the same spot, but you see the circle enlarge opening his field of movement. Plus, you see him actually pick up the Droids and use them to push the others back right before the picture cuts to the top view which shows better control than just simply force pushing. I think Mace did better here than Anakin sending 20(?) or so droids flying.

That's just my observation though, I won't act like I have deep knowledge of Star Wars in general.

Ricey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol that's not a domino affect. It's a called a ripple affect

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

@darkdefender: I dont think thats just a domino effect though. It looks as if the droids were toppled, AND pushed back along with the weight increasing with every extra droid behind the other. Had it just been a domino effect, the radius wouldn't have changed, the toppled droids wouldve stayed in the same spot, but you see the circle enlarge opening his field of movement. Plus, you see him actually pick up the Droids and use them to push the others back right before the picture cuts to the top view which shows better control than just simply force pushing. I think Mace did better here than Anakin sending 20(?) or so droids flying.

That's just my observation though, I won't act like I have deep knowledge of Star Wars in general.

Agreed with this my man.

There's another feat of Mace casually blowing back a group of 100(I counted) droids after a force jump.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How was Mace's feat performed with domino effect lmao

If it was Domino effect the first row of droids (And the subsequent ones as well) wouldn't fly back.

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Erkan12

Mace wins everytime.

@shootingnova said:

I laughed at the notion of Mace stomping when he's admitted more than once before that Anakin is stronger than him/possibly the strongest Jedi in the Order.

In a same way that he admits Kenobi is in the same tier with Yoda and himself ? You also forget that Mace said Anakin is unstable, or better, Yoda said that Kenobi is capable of killing Anakin.

Mace is not stomping though, I would agree with that.

@wollfmyth209 said:

No, it's not. Anakin moving a CIS dreadnaught while a padawan, or collapsing a 30 by 90 meter dome is certainly a better feat. And comparing their similar feats side-by-side you'd see Skywalker is superior:

Mace has trouble pushing a Republic tank off a cliff:

No Caption Provided

Anakin casually throws it at a droid armada:

"Get going. Count of three." Anakin bobbed up from behind the walker and was greeted by a hail of blasterfire. "Three!" he yelled, swinging at the bolts.

The men sprinted for the door, plunging into the acrid black smoke that now filled the courtyard. It was some kind of cover for a few seconds. Anakin saw the droids, hampered by their own debris, and his eyes went to the blazing carcass of the AT-TE.

Just do it. Adrenaline fueled him. He sent the wreckage skidding across the ground with a massive Force push. The kinetic force of the impact and the sheet of flame released when it slammed into the droid ranks had the effect of a bomb going off. Then another explosion-the walker's magazine, probably-sent a fireball soaring into the air.

Source: The Clone Wars Novel

Are you reading your own quote ? How is that ''casually'' while it specifically says ''Adrenaline fueled him'' ....

As for your lowball attempt on Mace's AT-TE feat, that isn't ''trouble'' which is closing his eyes and concentrating... If not, you need to admit that Dooku got into ''trouble'' when he was lifting that obelisk stones.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WollfMyth209: Interested in a debate? I'm willing to take Mace his side.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is made pretty clear that Mace is above Anakin. Yoda sent Obi wan after Anakin because the emperor was too strong for him. Yet Mace beat the emperor.

In saber combat: Mace=Yoda=>Palpatine>Anakin=Obi wan

In force combat: Palpatine=Yoda>Anakin>Mace>=Obi wan

Mace's skill and experience is too much for Anakin as of ep 3. Anakin would of passed him soon, but he wasn't there yet.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace