No Caption Provided

VS.

Luke Skywalker:

No Caption Provided

VERSIONS:

• Anakin Skywalker: Revenge Of The Sith
  • Luke Skywalker: Return Of The Jedi

Information:

• Both characters are morals on and bloodlusts off.
  • Anakin does not know that Luke is his son and Luke does not know that Anakin is his father.

All Star Wars Threads:

@jedixman@the_imperator@juiceboks@deathstroke19@The_Deathstroker@jacthripper

Luke Skywalker:

@dccomicsrule2011@americanspeeddemon

Darth Vader:

(Hopefully you guys also know a bit about Anakin Skywalker).

@dccomicsrule2011@fetts@americanspeeddemon

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17c2439784
deactivated-57d17c2439784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anakin

Avatar image for naturallygifted
NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we are going by canon/movie versions only, Anakin absolutely wrecks Luke.

If we take other sources into account, then we have Luke being equal to Darth Vader at this point, who apparently is much stronger than his former self.

Personally, I see Anakin pulling this one out, due to his superior dueling skills.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done, and I think the general consensus is that Anakin would win. Unless we give him paranoid schizophrenia mode like on Mustafar

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is NuCanon Star Wars EU, Anakin stomps Luke

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsambino87: What exactly has Anakin done to mark him as more skilled?

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke beats his father handily.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Compare movie and show feats, as those are official canon right now.

Luke has literally beaten only one person in saber combat, and that is Darth Vader.

Anakin has much more combat experience and MUCH better training. We have no clue how Luke would do against Anakin, without any additional feats. Once again, if we go strictly by canon.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon: Anakin

Legends: Luke

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@azronger said:

@bigsambino87: What exactly has Anakin done to mark him as more skilled?

Anakin has fought and beaten many Lightsaber duelist and masters. Anakin has fought in Legends canon the likes of Ventress, Obi Wan, Shaak Ti, Barriss, Ahsoka, Dooku several times, and various Jedi Masters/Padwans in the Temple massacre. Luke has poor dueling skills through ANH-ESB, and train all his life just to duel Vader and Vader alone really.

Here is a respect thread to find duels and feats.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/star-wars-universe/4015-57038/forums/anakin-skywalker-respect-thread-updated-1639459/

Anakin also has WAY BETTER force feats.

No Caption Provided

Uses the Force to guide his thrown Lightsaber through multiple targets.

No Caption Provided

Uses glass and metal as a whirlwind of shrapnel.

No Caption Provided

Redirects a anti ship missile.

No Caption Provided

Forces two Droids to fire on another.

No Caption Provided

Blows away over 20 battle Droids with the force.

No Caption Provided

Force crushes weapons, objects, and throws around foes.

No Caption Provided

Rips in half a giant spider Droid.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Throws back a easy 30 ton large stone column, and then blows Ventress through a stone wall.

No Caption Provided

On the ocean bottom of Calamar with massive sea pressure, uses his TK to warp and snap the steel binders that held a super large building in place.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pulls down a large Temple Statue, catching a heavy chunk of it to throw at a nearby door.

Anakin moving over 100+ tons of Separatist Dreadnought ship into a path of missiles.

No Caption Provided

Drags another Jedi into his Saber.

No Caption Provided

Easily overpower's Barriss.

No Caption Provided

Counters Obi Wan's Force attack.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Anakin twice shown to be able to blow through Dooku's Force defenses.

No Caption Provided

Here Anakin overpowers the two strongest force beings on a neutral Force Nexus. the only context was Obi Wan telling Anakin to tap into the same Force Nexus the force beings were manipulating since their arrival, and the context of the Father forcing Anakin to go all out by putting his friends in danger. Still Anakin overpowering the Son and Daughter on a neutral Force Nexus planet. So the context here again is this. Obi Wan "Anakin, the planet is the Force. Use it." Pretty clear Obi Wan is mentioning to Anakin to tap into the same Force Nexus as the children have. The Father states "Only the chosen one can tame my children." Pretty clear he means only someone as powerful as himself can tame the Son and Daughter on the same neutral Force Nexus they have access to. This is the context some fans simply dont like. Anakin rarely applies himself with the Force, but when he does he proven to be the more powerful than the children.

Of course this context is re affirm in the fact anakin must really tap into his emotions too to pull of greater force feats.

No Caption Provided

Like so.

NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun fact: There are talks about that bearded rebel soldier featured in that picture of Luke (as well as ROTJ) being made into Captain Rex.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By CitizenSentry

@fetts said:

Fun fact: There are talks about that bearded rebel soldier featured in that picture of Luke (as well as ROTJ) being made into Captain Rex.

Didn't they already make that happen during the Clone Wars cartoon?

NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Yes and no, Captain Rex is in the Clone Wars and he did side with the rebels but I don't ever remember him pledging his allegiance to him, so it more than likely happens further down the line.

Eldorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging solely from the movies, Anakin stomps. He's faster, stronger, more agile, more skilled, better with the force, more experienced with combat in general and lightsaber dueling in particular etc etc.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it's not surprising that anakin is "faster" and has better on-screen feats when there is a 20 years difference between the movies

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been done multiple times, once by me and my thread got locked.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Anakin has fought and beaten many Lightsaber duelist and masters. Anakin has fought in Legends canon the likes of Ventress, Obi Wan, Shaak Ti, Barriss, Ahsoka, Dooku several times, and various Jedi Masters/Padwans in the Temple massacre.

How does any of that make him more skilled than Luke?

Luke has poor dueling skills through ANH-ESB,

Define "poor." And how does that make Anakin more skilled than Luke?

and train all his life just to duel Vader and Vader alone really.

How does that make Anakin more skilled than Luke?

Here is a respect thread to find duels and feats

I didn't ask for feats. I asked what makes Anakin more skilled than Luke.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

@citizensentry: What do you mean?

I think CitizenSentry is referring to the episode where Captain Rex and 2 other clone troopers are found alive in the desert by the rebels and during which time Captain Rex sided with the rebels to help fight off the advancing stormtroopers:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@azronger:

Playing dumb is not a counter argument lol. Having a establish fighting history is how we determine a good boxer/MMA fighter from bad ones mate. So other than fighting a holding back Vader, what has ROTJ Luke done in his history to say he is a good duelist?

Oh, you dont care for proof of why Anakin rekts. In short you dont care for proof. Troll alert.

NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So other than fighting a holding back Vader

Isn't there evidence in the book that Vader wasn't holding back?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Any argument for Vader holding back applies to Luke as well. Sources have factually stated that they were evenly matched without regard to emotional states, so that's simply the fact.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@naturallygifted said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Nope. The book states he would kill Luke if he had to, he was not out to kill Luke at all, and holding back.

The Movies state twice that Vader held back by Luke himself on Vaders conflicted emotions.

Dave, the directer of half the Star Wars canon states Vader held back on Luke.

In short, Vader held back.

Any argument for Vader holding back applies to Luke as well. Sources have factually stated that they were evenly matched without regard to emotional states, so that's simply the fact.

Who cares if Luke held back? The issue is these characters held back and never went all out. At least until Luke went all out (force rage) on a holding back Vader and won. Do you think all out raging Vader would lose to Luke? Start Abusing force powers on Luke? I dont, and there is ZERO evidence other than one out of date source from a comic that says otherwise.

Luke as per ROTJ sucks ass, has shitty feats, and out dueled no one worth their salt at their best.

Honestly Rebels Ahsoka is better than ROTJ Luke by feats. That said, I know people like to scale Luke and think he is the badass they wish him to be for sake of... nostalgia I guess.

NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naturallygifted said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Nope. The book states he would kill Luke if he had to, he was not out to kill Luke at all, and holding back.

The Movies state twice that Vader held back by Luke himself on Vaders conflicted emotions.

Dave, the directer of half the Star Wars canon states Vader held back on Luke.

In short, Vader held back.

Ok thank you.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WollfMyth209

Oh mah Gerd, Luke fights Vader who ragdolls Anikin!

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin, obviously.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fetts

@naturallygifted: Yes, I know all about that. But what I'm say is that there are discussions of making Old Man Rex into being present on the Battle of Endor as well as actually being on-screen in ROTJ by officially labeling him as the same Rebel Trooper seen in the picture and in the scene where Han Solo tricks a Scout Trooper into chasing him into his rebel squad.

Seen here:

Loading Video...

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Simply dumping feats into one place and calling that evidence doesn't prove shit. You must explain what it is about those feats that establish one character's superiority over another character.

For example, simply saying "Anakin beat Dooku" doesn't prove he can beat Luke without further elaborating as to why.

So I ask again: how is Anakin more skilled than Luke and how does that translate into Anakin beating him?

sXe619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin 10/10.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: ignoring feats and a record of wins vs establish duelist is not a debate point. So I ask again, why are you trolling?

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Azronger

@sirfizzwhizz: Strawman. I never ignored anything. You just seem incapable of understanding my point (again).

I ask for the last time: How is Anakin more skilled than Luke and how does that translate into Anakin beating him?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Strawman. I never ignored anything. You just seem incapable of understanding my point (again).

I ask for the last time: How is Anakin more skilled than Luke and how does that translate into Anakin beating him?

No Caption Provided

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: He had 14 years' worth of training, while Luke only had 4. He defeated Dooku, who WAS the finest pupil Yoda ever had. I'm sure he had more skill times potential as Anakin than as Vader (canon-wise; his feats in the EU show that he grew substantially more powerful as Vader, whereas, in Rebels, he got stalemated by Ahsoka Tano), and that he only lost to Obi-Wan because he was reckless and overconfident.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin should take this. He's more experienced, more training, more and better feats.

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

@sirfizzwhizz:

Anakin has fought and beaten many Lightsaber duelist and masters. Anakin has fought in Legends canon the likes of Ventress, Obi Wan, Shaak Ti, Barriss, Ahsoka, Dooku several times, and various Jedi Masters/Padwans in the Temple massacre.

everything mentioned makes him more skilled then luke. what are you even getting at?

how does fighting other lightsaber duelists make him more skilled? fighting them has allowed him to refine his skills, it shows him(especially in the case of dooku) it shows him what works and what does it not. it allows him to master his own technique and continuously increase his own skill level against other skilled opponents. it allowed him to adapt to different styles of lightsaber dueling and of force techniques.

Obviously Ventress will have a different style then dooku who would also have a different style then the jedi/padawans in the temple. he has learned how to adapt to each one of them and how to counter each of their styles. not focusing on one single style to fight against.

Luke has poor dueling skills through ANH-ESB,

he trained for a few years to duel against a singular opponent by both of that opponents former masters, and he still struggled. thats what makes him a "poor" duelist.

and train all his life just to duel Vader and Vader alone really.

because anakin spent his early years in a war. anakin was trained by obi wan(the same guy who trained luke) but for almost a decade longer then luke did. he also trained with many other jedi of the order, and even took lessons from grand master yoda himself(just like luke) on top of this, he learned how to adapt his style over the years to deal with a multitude of enemies(droids, humans, force sensitives, even sith Lords) and literally has a Decade of experience in the clone wars on top of his training by some of the best jedi.

Most of lukes training was for the sole purpose of taking on Vader. it wasnt until Post-ROTJ where he spent time meditating and studing the old jedi teachings where he learned a lot from his former masters. Up until ROTJ he mostly fought some storm troopers and trained with 2 Aged Jedi masters that are well past their prime. his only time learning how to properly duel was his one fight against vader where he got his hand cut off.

Here is a respect thread to find duels and feats

so how can you determine who is better without comparing their feats and capabilities. its no doubt to anybody here that anakin obviously got the better side of the jedi training. he was trained by the best, when they were at their best, and even fought and took on the best(dooku/obiwan/ various other force sensitives and jedi's)

he had well over a decade of training/practice/ dueling and even fought in a war on a scale that dwarfs anything the rebellion could produce. he has taken on assassins, bounty hunters, force sensatvies, Sith and Sith lords, Jedi padawans/knights and masters, countless driods of every kind and even humans. He was even manipulated by Sidious himself, to where on top of everything he learned, was slowly being taught how to use the dark side of the force as well.

EVERYTHING points to him being more skilled then luke, and his FEATS show that, he has shown feats of both force use and of dueling skills that Luke has only been able to match as a GM. in the long run, Luke far eclipses his father in skill and power and becomes a better jedi then anakin ever would have, but with these 2 current versions? anakin would take it hands down.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Azronger

@geistalt: @chair-sama

He had 14 years' worth of training, while Luke only had 4.

Vader had 23 (36 if you count his pre-suit incarnation into account) years worth of training, far more than Anakin's 13* and Luke did just fine against him.

He defeated Dooku, who WAS the finest pupil Yoda ever had.

everything mentioned makes him more skilled then luke. what are you even getting at?

and even fought and took on the best(dooku/obiwan/ various other force sensitives and jedi's)

Which translates into him beating Luke how exactly? What is it about Dooku or Asajj Ventress that victory over them is marks an auto-win over Luke? I could just as well say Luke defeated Darth Vader, the greatest pupil Sidious ever had, but that doesn't mean anything by itself.

I'm sure he had more skill times potential as Anakin than as Vader (canon-wise; his feats in the EU show that he grew substantially more powerful as Vader, whereas, in Rebels, he got stalemated by Ahsoka Tano), and that he only lost to Obi-Wan because he was reckless and overconfident.

I don't understand the point of this sentence.

how does fighting other lightsaber duelists make him more skilled? fighting them has allowed him to refine his skills, it shows him(especially in the case of dooku) it shows him what works and what does it not. it allows him to master his own technique and continuously increase his own skill level against other skilled opponents. it allowed him to adapt to different styles of lightsaber dueling and of force techniques.

Obviously Ventress will have a different style then dooku who would also have a different style then the jedi/padawans in the temple. he has learned how to adapt to each one of them and how to counter each of their styles. not focusing on one single style to fight against.

because anakin spent his early years in a war. anakin was trained by obi wan(the same guy who trained luke) but for almost a decade longer then luke did. he also trained with many other jedi of the order, and even took lessons from grand master yoda himself(just like luke) on top of this, he learned how to adapt his style over the years to deal with a multitude of enemies(droids, humans, force sensitives, even sith Lords) and literally has a Decade of experience in the clone wars on top of his training by some of the best jedi.

it wasnt until Post-ROTJ where he spent time meditating and studing the old jedi teachings where he learned a lot from his former masters. Up until ROTJ he mostly fought some storm troopers and trained with 2 Aged Jedi masters that are well past their prime. his only time learning how to properly duel was his one fight against vader where he got his hand cut off.

its no doubt to anybody here that anakin obviously got the better side of the jedi training. he was trained by the best, when they were at their best,

he had well over a decade of training/practice/ dueling and even fought in a war on a scale that dwarfs anything the rebellion could produce. he has taken on assassins, bounty hunters, force sensatvies, Sith and Sith lords, Jedi padawans/knights and masters, countless driods of every kind and even humans. He was even manipulated by Sidious himself, to where on top of everything he learned, was slowly being taught how to use the dark side of the force as well.

EVERYTHING points to him being more skilled then luke, and his FEATS show that, he has shown feats of both force use and of dueling skills that Luke has only been able to match as a GM. in the long run, Luke far eclipses his father in skill and power and becomes a better jedi then anakin ever would have, but with these 2 current versions? anakin would take it hands down.

I've already debunked the notion that Anakin's greater experience would allow him to win, so you can stop bringing that up. And how exactly is Anakin's familiarity with blaster deflection, a couple of lightsaber forms, Force Lightning, and Force Drain going to help him against an exclusive Djem So user who possesses neither of those Force abilities?

he trained for a few years to duel against a singular opponent by both of that opponents former masters, and he still struggled. thats what makes him a "poor" duelist.

Most of lukes training was for the sole purpose of taking on Vader.

I've never heard Luke specifically trained for the sole purpose of defeating Darth Vader. Source? And the only thing Luke struggled with was his inner darkness. He handled the dueling portion against Vader very well, despite the circumstances favoring Vader.

so how can you determine who is better without comparing their feats and capabilities.

That is only the first step. You must evaluate both character's strengths and weaknesses and determine based off of their feats whether they could exploit them. SirFizzWhizz here didn't even manage to accomplish the first step, only listing Anakin's feats and calling Luke's crap based on nothing really, and then labeled me a troll for disagreeing with his shit logic. I'm hoping someone competent could make an actual case for Anakin.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: In Canon materials, Anakin improved little (if at all) as Vader, as demonstrated by his performance in Rebels; the point is that there's only adequate reason to believe he'd win in the Canon universe, since it has been shown that he improved heavily overall in Legends (in other words, while his Legends incarnation doesn't stand a chance, his Canon one might).

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: You keep using the argument that Luke must be better than Anakin by virtue of beating Vader, but, in Canon materials, there's NOTHING that suggests that Vader was stronger in RotJ than he was as Anakin (there aren't nearly as many feats as there are in the EU, anyways).

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin would win after a decent battle.

I love it, by the way, that people are saying that canon Anakin would beat Luke, but Legends Anakin wouldn't. It makes perfect sense.

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger:ok so lets see.

We have provided Feats. you claim they are not worthy.

We have provided our reasoning. you claim is also apparently meaning less.

so now, we have stated our side of the argument, it is now up to YOU to state why you think Luke is superior.

You have provided 0 feats and your only "logic" is the whole "but how" logic. "but how does that mean hes better. But how does that mean he's more skilled. But how does that mean he will win" <--- that is essentially your whole counter argument.

so lets hear in detail why you think Luke would beat RotS anakin and give us a chance to sit here and endlessly ask you, "but why"

Avatar image for darkishdefender
DarkishDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Azronger

@geistalt: @chair-sama: Both of your posts are full of strawmans.

I've never claimed feats are "unworthy." I've never claimed Luke would even win this, nor have I made a single argument for Luke, and outright refuted that me simply saying "Luke beat Vader so he beats Anakin" isn't any proof in itself, yet you twisted it into me using that as an argument, which I never did.

What I have done is ask why Anakin would win, since that is what most here believe, and debunk all arguments the three of you (including Fizz) produced.

Your only arguments for Anakin have been "better feats," and "greater experience." You have utterly failed to elaborate on the first and now that your "greater experience" argument has been debunked, you have run out of arguments and try to shift the burden of proof to me, despite me never even saying Luke would win.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: I was just saying what each continuity led me to think, and it's hypocritical to try to protest against someone else's argument for someone emerging victorious and say that you WEREN'T trying to support the opposition just because you "never even claimed Luke would win this." It's pointless to say that if you don't even support him (unless you're a troll, of course).

Oh, and Vader's skills that were derived from his 23/36 years' worth of training don't make him more impressive than he was as Anakin, since he lost half of his former potential; the only thing Anakin and Luke share for CERTAIN is their potential, and, seeing how Vader got himself crippled, Luke's victory over him doesn't make him any better; the only other thing we have to compare Luke and Anakin's skills with is the number of years they spent training (and Anakin had 13 years' worth of training, while Luke only had 4).