New 52
Alex Mercer 
vs 
Animal Man 

Rules: 
Winner by death, KO, absorbtion.  
Morals off for Alex.  
Random encounter.  
Animal Man can only use animals from earth that aren't extinct. 
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PikminMania

@OmegaDynasty: Animal Man should still win wit hjust earth animals.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nickthedevil

@PikminMania: I'd love to know what animals can take punches that wreck Tanks.

Potanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Potanis

Animal Man is in trouble from the get go - like nick said, Alex's heavy hitting could take out any animal, so He'd be in trouble. Animal Man wouldn't be able to engage him in a simple slugfest, he'd have to tread very carefully. Tactics there are the key. If Alex took him by surprise I'd say Animal Man's got no chance, but if it's the other way around he has a shot.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nickthedevil

@Potanis: welleven if animal man gets the drop on him, remember that Alex has regeneration, and on top of that, can take heavy artillery and tank fire

EDIT: His armor and shield will hugely favor Alex

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vengance101

Alex stomps, his regenerations is to hax and his strength is higher than animal man's

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@nickthedevil said:

@Potanis: welleven if animal man gets the drop on him, remember that Alex has regeneration, and on top of that, can take heavy artillery and tank fire

@Vengance101 said:

Alex stomps, his regenerations is to hax and his strength is higher than animal man's

You forget that Animal has healing too.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nickthedevil

@OmegaDynasty: No where near the effectivness of Mercer's though. He takes atom Bombs... and still regenerates.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@nickthedevil said:

@OmegaDynasty: No where near the effectivness of Mercer's though. He takes atom Bombs... and still regenerates.

He didn't take it directly. 
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nickthedevil

I remember him flying the plane as far away as he could... he did take it directly.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vengance101

@OmegaDynasty said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Vengance101 said:

You forget that Animal has healing too.

Alex tuke a nuke, that surpasses anything animal man has done in regeneration feats.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Alex stomps.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By nefarious

Alex.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Enemybird

I dont know who would win... Alex mercer May have extreme durability from physical attacks but he has known to be vulnerable to biological weapons...I.E bloodtox and the injection that took away his powers... If animal man can manage to either spit venom on Alex... or have alex touch him in which case he could have nematocysts with box jelly fish or sea snake venom he could possiblt do real damage to alex... and form what i see from the scans above if animal can make copies of himself ...thats effective bait in this battle...

DarkWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DarkWrath

@enemybird: Nope, Animal man gets stomped, Alex has adapted to all biological weapons you listed and what we saw in [Prototype] that makes all those real life animals toxin and venom look pathetically weak in comparison, Alex monster blitz stomps,

Bump

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HighAccuser

With these limitations Alex should win. Pre 52 would decimate him. Just go Sun Eater or Kryptonian and pull some real heavy hitting

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enemybird: Nope, Animal man gets stomped, Alex has adapted to all biological weapons you listed and what we saw in [Prototype] that makes all those real life animals toxin and venom look pathetically weak in comparison, Alex monster blitz stomps,

Bump

Alex didn't adapt to anything dude that's a myth. He needed Ragland's help to get his powers back.

DarkWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DarkWrath

@enemybird said:
@darkwrath said:

Bump

Alex didn't adapt to anything dude that's a myth. He needed Ragland's help to get his powers back.

Not true, he adapted to Bloodtox, even Blackwatch or whatever people in the web of intrigue has said that Bloodtox became less efficient each time they used Bloodtox against him, They even stated/implied that Bloodtox no longer works against Alex anymore (if that's not adapting then idk what is) and the injection didn't just took away Mercer's powers, it weakened him, slowly destroying him inside out but even then He killed multiple Blackwatch's soldiers and vehicles and has evaded them, Gentek/Blackwatch said that the injection was supposed kill him very fast like as in a few days at best, but the problem? It didn't kill Alex, it took Alex weeks to survive it on his own before he needed Ragland's help to extract it (It was an injection that was designed specifically to kill Alex so he adapted WAY slower as I heard someone said) and it probably won't work the same way again.

If you don't believe me then go to the link here, as it shows you Alex's full capabilties including his adaptability feats

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enemybird said:
@darkwrath said:

Bump

Not true, he adapted to Bloodtox, even Blackwatch or whatever people in the web of intrigue has said that Bloodtox became less efficient each time they used Bloodtox against him, They even stated/implied that Bloodtox no longer works against Alex anymore (if that's not adapting then idk what is) and the injection didn't just took away Mercer's powers, it weakened him, slowly destroying him inside out but even then He killed multiple Blackwatch's soldiers and vehicles and has evaded them, Gentek/Blackwatch said that the injection was supposed kill him very fast like as in a few days at best, but the problem? It didn't kill Alex, it took Alex weeks to survive it on his own before he needed Ragland's help to extract it (It was an injection that was designed specifically to kill Alex so he adapted WAY slower as I heard someone said) and it probably won't work the same way again.

If you don't believe me then go to the link here, as it shows you Alex's full capabilties including his adaptability feats

Oh, boy here we go .

Alex is vulnerable to BIOLOGICAL attacks that is my point. He couldn't get his powers back without Raglands's help and The bloodtox was effective all the way through the game. Maybe it dd become less effective but he didnt become immune. Animal man may ( keyword may) be able to harm Alex with venom or poison. I honestly dont see why it wouldn't.

DarkWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarkWrath

@enemybird said:@darkwrath said: @enemybird said: @darkwrath said: @enemybird: Nope, Animal man gets stomped, Alex has adapted to all biological weapons you listed and what we saw in [Prototype] that makes all those real life animals toxin and venom look pathetically weak in comparison, Alex monster blitz stomps,

Bump

Oh, boy here we go .

Alex is vulnerable to BIOLOGICAL attacks that is my point. He couldn't get his powers back without Raglands's help and The bloodtox was effective all the way through the game. Maybe it dd become less effective but he didnt become immune. Animal man may ( keyword may) be able to harm Alex with venom or poison. I honestly dont see why it wouldn't.

Umm... What you meann he couldn't get his powers back? Do you mean all of them including physical abilities or just shapeshifting? If it's all his abilities then that's not true since Alex is still superhuman level strength and speed even when injected by the cancer-like parasite, he can even regenerate in some wounds, he just can't shapeshift. And Alex did gained immunity to Bloodtox (just not within gameplay or game mechanics), he gained resistance the more it was used against him, why else did Blackwatch not use bloodtox against him again? he was also said to have almost comeplete immunity to bloodtox (the best it can do is slow him down if we're counting prototype 2 game and comics feats as well).

And what can venom and toxin from animals do to Alex? Alex is a sentient virus, his entire body is made out of biomass, he basically doesn't have organs (if he does he only uses them as a disguise), he doesn't need a brain (therefore Venoms and Toxins can't affect him if it involves the nervous system) not even sure if Alex have a bloodstream, even if theres venoms or toxins that can affect him, he can just cut off the infected/poisoned tissue/biomass and regenerate a new one, jellyfish and and seasnakes are in the sea/ocean so how are they going to be in this fight? Am I missing something?

whats stopping Animal man from being blitzed again? Answer please

jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer wins.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enemybird said:@darkwrath said: @enemybird said: @darkwrath said: @enemybird: Nope, Animal man gets stomped, Alex has adapted to all biological weapons you listed and what we saw in [Prototype] that makes all those real life animals toxin and venom look pathetically weak in comparison, Alex monster blitz stomps,

Bump

Oh, boy here we go .

Umm... What you meann he couldn't get his powers back? Do you mean all of them including physical abilities or just shapeshifting? If it's all his abilities then that's not true since Alex is still superhuman level strength and speed even when injected by the cancer-like parasite, he can even regenerate in some wounds, he just can't shapeshift. And Alex did gained immunity to Bloodtox (just not within gameplay or game mechanics), he gained resistance the more it was used against him, why else did Blackwatch not use bloodtox against him again? he was also said to have almost comeplete immunity to bloodtox (the best it can do is slow him down if we're counting prototype 2 game and comics feats as well).

And what can venom and toxin from animals do to Alex? Alex is a sentient virus, his entire body is made out of biomass, he basically doesn't have organs (if he does he only uses them as a disguise), he doesn't need a brain (therefore Venoms and Toxins can't affect him if it involves the nervous system) not even sure if Alex have a bloodstream, even if theres venoms or toxins that can affect him, he can just cut off the infected/poisoned tissue/biomass and regenerate a new one, jellyfish and and seasnakes are in the sea/ocean so how are they going to be in this fight? Am I missing something?

I said from the start that IDK who would win for the reasons I stated.

Alex didnt cut off the infected injection from Cross so chances are he cant do it.

Arent all organisms made of "bio-mass" why wouldnt toxin/poison/ Venom work on Alex when they work on him in his own universe?

Did you play the game ? Because all of Alex's power were unusable. He had aglity and strength that is it.

Alex isnt blitzing anyone. He doesnt have the speed feats.

DarkWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarkWrath

@enemybird said:

@darkwrath said:

Bump

Oh, boy here we go .

I said from the start that IDK who would win for the reasons I stated.

okay

Alex didnt cut off the infected injection from Cross so chances are he cant do it.

the parasite was injected from inside his body, and the cancerous tumour is only because of what the injection did in his body, of course he can't cut it off (he can't shapeshift to cut it off anyways) it also was MADE to 'kill' Alex (it was also made to feed on anything inside Alex like his biomass cells and viral cells for example) but do you know how strong and fast Alex can regenerate? It's like wolverine/deadpool level of healing/regenerated (the nuke feat is the evidence of his regeneration) his healing factor can just get rid of many toxins/poisons/venom that animals man uses from earth animals.

Arent all organisms made of "bio-mass" why wouldnt toxin/poison/ Venom work on Alex when they work on him in his own universe?

because Alex doesn't need any organs or a brain so the effects of most venom/toxins would just be ineffective for anything but to annoy Alex, have you ever heard of a toxin/poison/venom from animals that kills/destroys you in a cellular level? If not then no, Alex would always gain new biomass around the city (plus What parasites that earth animals have that can do the same thing like what the parasite did in [Prototype]?) and as long as there's a few if not a single cell of Alex left he would always come back.

Did you play the game ? Because all of Alex's power were unusable. He had aglity and strength that is it.

Which is already enough to beat animal man with his base abilities (when Alex just woke up not sure if his speed is enough at base though), plus what kind of animals can produce a toxin/venom/poison that is specifically designed to kill a sentient virus like Alex? (bloodtox is an example but he pretty much nearly completely adapted to that outside of gameplay mechanics, and what parasite is only a one-time thing when the parasite was extracted from Alex he gained the armour and blade ability (this shows some evolution/adaption abilities).

Alex isnt blitzing anyone. He doesnt have the speed feats.

...Really? Did you read the Alex respect thread i've sent for you? It's at least enough to tag animal man, if you didn't get the respect thread it then it's here, Animal man only has earth animals, he's not taking down Alex with those alone, and What's stopping alex from blitzing him (unless cheetahs or the rotworld flash catching-up feat is faster than I thought? But if so then how is he faster?) Alex outpacing a sniper bullet and dodging missiles (which apparently can travel up to Mach 2.5 outside of gameplay mechanics) counts as a speed feat (the sniper bullet feat is from the prototype comics but it's still canon), you're going to need to read the respect thread link I've sent you if not then your arguments/debates for Alex is invalid.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkwrath:

"the parasite was injected from inside his body, and the cancerous tumour is only because of what the injection did in his body, of course he can't cut it off (he can't shapeshift to cut it off anyways) it also was MADE to 'kill' Alex (it was also made to feed on anything inside Alex like his biomass cells and viral cells for example) but do you know how strong and fast Alex can regenerate? It's like wolverine/deadpool level of healing/regenerated (the nuke feat is the evidence of his regeneration) his healing factor can just get rid of many toxins/poisons/venom that animals man uses from earth animals."

His regen didnt work fast enough to keep the bloodtox from killing him. It didnt work fast enough to get rid of the injection. He didnt cut off the growth on his back. Stop making up things he can do if he has never actually done those things. His regen is not wolverine or Deadpool level he needs to consume to regen. Deadpool can just regen.

"because Alex doesn't need any organs or a brain so the effects of most venom/toxins would just be ineffective for anything but to annoy Alex, have you ever heard of a toxin/poison/venom from animals that kills/destroys you in a cellular level? If not then no, Alex would always gain new biomass around the city (plus What parasites that earth animals have that can do the same thing like what the parasite did in [Prototype]?) and as long as there's a few if not a single cell of Alex left he would always come back."

Yeah, there are. Ever heard of the recluse spider? Its a flesh eating venom. Not a nerotoxin. My point is that Alex is vulnerable to biological attacks. I wasn't saying animal man would need to replicate the injection. Only that he could harm alex which i think it would considering his showings.

"Which is already enough to beat animal man with his base abilities (when Alex just woke up not sure if his speed is enough at base though), plus what kind of animals can produce a toxin/venom/poison that is specifically designed to kill a sentient virus like Alex? (bloodtox is an example but he pretty much nearly completely adapted to that outside of gameplay mechanics, and what parasite is only a one-time thing when the parasite was extracted from Alex he gained the armour and blade ability (this shows some evolution/adaption abilities)".

A virus is nothing new in the animal kingdom, Sentient or not. Alex has shown that he is vulnerable against biological attacks. If Animal man can poison Alex then its a wrap.

"Really? Did you read the Alex respect thread i've sent for you? It's at least enough to tag animal man, if you didn't get the respect thread it then it's here, Animal man only has earth animals, he's not taking down Alex with those alone, and What's stopping alex from blitzing him (unless cheetahs or the rotworld flash catching-up feat is faster than I thought? But if so then how is he faster?) Alex outpacing a sniper bullet and dodging missiles (which apparently can travel up to Mach 2.5 outside of gameplay mechanics) counts as a speed feat (the sniper bullet feat is from the prototype comics but it's still canon), you're going to need to read the respect thread link I've sent you if not then your arguments/debates for Alex is invalid."

I saw that respect thread and its full of Dog S***. every feat is embellished and overrated to the max. Alex cannot travel at mach speed. I dont give a damn what anybody says. Alex can barely out run a car or a helicopter at full stride. If Animal man can mimic any animal on earth well the" Paratarsotomus macropalpis " is the fastest in the world by body length 322 per second the human equivalent of 1,300mph.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/04/30/fastest-animals-science-mites-record/

The dung beetle is the strongest Animal in the world being able to lift 1,100 times its own body weight. The average man weighs 180. in theory that puts Animal man in the 100+ Ton range.

Do i need to go into more stats?

DarkWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarkWrath

@enemybird said:

@darkwrath:

"the parasite was injected from inside his body, and the cancerous tumour is only because of what the injection did in his body, of course he can't cut it off (he can't shapeshift to cut it off anyways) it also was MADE to 'kill' Alex (it was also made to feed on anything inside Alex like his biomass cells and viral cells for example) but do you know how strong and fast Alex can regenerate? It's like wolverine/deadpool level of healing/regenerated (the nuke feat is the evidence of his regeneration) his healing factor can just get rid of many toxins/poisons/venom that animals man uses from earth animals."

His regen didnt work fast enough to keep the bloodtox from killing him. It didnt work fast enough to get rid of the injection. He didnt cut off the growth on his back. Stop making up things he can do if he has never actually done those things. His regen is not wolverine or Deadpool level he needs to consume to regen. Deadpool can just regen.

And the New York City is full of biomass, The biomass in there is already enough for Alex to take down Animal man, oh and even in gameplay mechanics, once you get the full upgrades Alex can just heal and regenerate without the need of biomass, it's been tested, Alex gets some minor wounds, get him to go to an area where he's not in combat, wait for a few seconds, now you see his health bar filling up. Major wounds may or may not work but form the cutscene he can just heal easily even if he needs biomass.

"because Alex doesn't need any organs or a brain so the effects of most venom/toxins would just be ineffective for anything but to annoy Alex, have you ever heard of a toxin/poison/venom from animals that kills/destroys you in a cellular level? If not then no, Alex would always gain new biomass around the city (plus What parasites that earth animals have that can do the same thing like what the parasite did in [Prototype]?) and as long as there's a few if not a single cell of Alex left he would always come back."

Yeah, there are. Ever heard of the recluse spider? Its a flesh eating venom. Not a nerotoxin. My point is that Alex is vulnerable to biological attacks. I wasn't saying animal man would need to replicate the injection. Only that he could harm alex which i think it would considering his showings.

and all Alex need to do is cut off the part that is infected by venom, leave the venom-infected biomass to the ground, grab someone/something, wall run to the top of a tall building, consume someone and regenerate and done. Countered (Do you even need feats to cut off your own body part? If you do then That's stupid, anybody can do that, But can you regenerate it back is the problem, and Alex has regenerated from the nuke after consuming a crow, and regenerate many wounds before in the cutscene so you can't debunk that)

"Which is already enough to beat animal man with his base abilities (when Alex just woke up not sure if his speed is enough at base though), plus what kind of animals can produce a toxin/venom/poison that is specifically designed to kill a sentient virus like Alex? (bloodtox is an example but he pretty much nearly completely adapted to that outside of gameplay mechanics, and what parasite is only a one-time thing when the parasite was extracted from Alex he gained the armour and blade ability (this shows some evolution/adaption abilities)".

A virus is nothing new in the animal kingdom, Sentient or not. Alex has shown that he is vulnerable against biological attacks. If Animal man can poison Alex then its a wrap.

What's stopping Animal man from getting one-shotted (by feats) before he can poison Alex?

"Really? Did you read the Alex respect thread i've sent for you? It's at least enough to tag animal man, if you didn't get the respect thread it then it's here, Animal man only has earth animals, he's not taking down Alex with those alone, and What's stopping alex from blitzing him (unless cheetahs or the rotworld flash catching-up feat is faster than I thought? But if so then how is he faster?) Alex outpacing a sniper bullet and dodging missiles (which apparently can travel up to Mach 2.5 outside of gameplay mechanics) counts as a speed feat (the sniper bullet feat is from the prototype comics but it's still canon), you're going to need to read the respect thread link I've sent you if not then your arguments/debates for Alex is invalid."

I saw that respect thread and its full of Dog S***. every feat is embellished and overrated to the max. Alex cannot travel at mach speed. I dont give a damn what anybody says. Alex can barely out run a car or a helicopter at full stride. If Animal man can mimic any animal on earth well the" Paratarsotomus macropalpis " is the fastest in the world by body length 322 per second the human equivalent of 1,300mph.

Alex has outpaced a sniper bullet (comic feat, still canon), that's already around 400+ mph and haven't seen Animal mimic a Paratarsotomus macropalpis so that's invalid. if you have a problem with Alex's speed then go argue about that to Dygoboy

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/04/30/fastest-animals-science-mites-record/

The dung beetle is the strongest Animal in the world being able to lift 1,100 times its own body weight. The average man weighs 180. in theory that puts Animal man in the 100+ Ton range.

In theory maybe, but not in feats as I never seen Buddy even mimic a dung beetle. Too much calculations and not enough feats, at least the Alex Mercer outpacing a sniper bullet thing is a feat backed-up by calculations. If thats true then all Alex needs to do is consume a dung beetle and become stronger but I haven't seen him do that so that doesn't count as a feat, is that right?

Do i need to go into more stats?

I need you to use more feats.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex wtfstomps

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkwrath: I dont know a damn thing about Animal man

DarkWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then you lost to the argument/debate, gg, until you search up Animal Man's (Buddy Baker's) feats, you have no place to debate/argue here without making yourself look stupid.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enemybird said:

Then you lost to the argument/debate, gg, until you search up Animal Man's (Buddy Baker's) feats, you have no place to debate/argue here without making yourself look stupid.

No Caption Provided

DarkWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enemybird: Lol Corazon, if only Doflamingo isn't so Messed up.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer