Ajax (Fox) vs. Legolas (LoTR and The Hobbit)

• 57 results
xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xtreme1
  • Win by any means. No prep. The fight starts 20 yards apart in a gladiator arena.
  • Ajax is armed with his two axes. Legolas is armed with his dual short swords and the sword Orcrist.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Legolas.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3 Lunacyde  Moderator

Legolas

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: @rogueshadow: Do you guys think Legolas wins with his bow, his blades, or a combination of both?

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas turns him into a human pincushion for lulz, then cuts his head off.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas one shots

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legoland

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xtreme1

Ajax dodged a bullet during the highway scene. Doesn't anybody think he's fast enough to dodge or block Legolas' arrows? Also, seeing as how he tanked getting stabbed a couple of times with a sword (through the shoulder on the highway and through the leg on the hellicarrier), I think it would take a lot of arrows to bring Ajax down unless he gets hit in an insta-kill vital area, asuming he doesn't dodge or block the arrows. Thoughts?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cpt_nice

@xtreme1: Legolas has hit rope from several dozen feet away while riding on an elephaunt and one-shotted several fully armored urukhai while boarding down a flight of stairs.

I am gonna say if he wants to one-shot, he easily could. But it wil be more fun to drag the fight out.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lunacyde  Moderator

@xtreme1: combination. I think Ajax is quick enough to deflect a few shots away before he gets overwhelmed. Lucky for him he doesn't feel pain. The arrows will still slow him down and do damage though. Ifhe runs out arrows Leglas can take it in close and outmatch a hindered Ajax.

Or Legolas' might land a killshot. He's accurate enough.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I modified the OP by taking away Legolas' bow. Now it's just swords against axes.

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter how accurate you are if your opponent can perceive your projectiles in motion and dodge them. If Ajax can dodge bullets I don't understand the logic of Legolas landing shots with his arrows. Up close though he should take it, he has more skill and is more experienced, stats wise they are similar though.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uugieboogie

I don't think he's tagging Francis with arrows...

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas shoots him.

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legolas shoots him.

But Francis is a bullet timer.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Legolas shoots him.

His bullet timing feat isn't very clear. I think he just moved his head, or Deadpool missed. I'm not calling it bullet timing.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Arrows Legolas shoots him...Ajax isn't a bullet timer unless you show me some DVD commentary from the director saying he is, cause All I saw was deapool miss...

Anywho with axes it's a lot more close, Ajax is stronger, but Loegolas is still more agile and skilled...I think his skills close the gap on Physicals and he cuts off Ajax's head...

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I just noticed Legolas only has swords. Never mind. I don't remember LotR feats.

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodfella said:
@highaccuser said:

Legolas shoots him.

His bullet timing feat isn't very clear. I think he just moved his head, or Deadpool missed. I'm not calling it bullet timing.

Is that not bullet timing? Ajax moves his head out of the way of two bullets back to back toward the end of the freeway scene.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ajax stomps.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that not bullet timing? Ajax moves his head out of the way of two bullets back to back toward the end of the freeway scene.

Honestly I think he just randomly moved his head and I agree with Lukehero that Deadpool might've just missed. It's too unclear a feat.

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GoodFella

@highaccuser said:
@shizzmahh said:

Honestly I think he just randomly moved his head and I agree with Lukehero that Deadpool might've just missed. It's too unclear a feat.

If he moved his head doesn't it stand to reason he can perceive them in motion? And if Deadpool was off target why would he bother to move his head? It's also convenient that he moved his head twice in a row in the correct direction. The first shoot was a bit off target but the second shot would have hit him.

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LpnQ

how is this not locked?

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpnq said:

how is this not locked?

Why would it be?

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtreme1 said:
@lpnq said:

how is this not locked?

Why would it be?

legolas fodderizes the soap man.

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, Francis gets low balled a lot.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpnq said:
@xtreme1 said:
@lpnq said:

how is this not locked?

Why would it be?

legolas fodderizes the soap man.

Legolas isn't fodderizing someone with superhuman physicals that can defeat Deadpool in armed combat. I think Legolas can win, or else I wouldn't have made the thread, but he's not foddering Francis.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodfella: Sorry I'm not sure if I understand your post correctly. You say that Francis has more experience than Legolas who should be around ~200 years old?

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot said:

@goodfella: Sorry I'm not sure if I understand your post correctly. You say that Francis has more experience than Legolas who should be around ~200 years old?

Other way round.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot said:

@lubub55: Care to elaborate?

Sure.

Strength:

No Caption Provided

Ajax is incredibly strong too. In his first appearance we see him effortlessly lift a grown man into the air with a single hand.

No Caption Provided

He can shove a pole through Deadpool hard enough for it to penetrate the wood beneath him.

No Caption Provided

Ajax further breaks the wooden column after Wade does by slamming his head against it.

No Caption Provided

He is even capable of bending a dense metal bar with his bare hands.

No Caption Provided

Kicks Deadpool hard enough to knock him off his feet and into a metal container.

No Caption Provided

Throws Deadpool a decent distance.

No Caption Provided

Throws Deadpool hard enough to have him break a crate and still have enough power to carry on moving.

From these it is clear that Legolas is outclassed.

Pain Tolerance/Reflexes:

No Caption Provided

Ajax has enhanced reflexes and is also completely impervious to pain.

No Caption Provided

He is able to talk normally after his motorcycle crashes and he is stabbed in the chest with the blade still sticking out.

No Caption Provided

Francis is completely fine after removing Deadpool’s katana from his leg, when we can clearly see a hole there.

No Caption Provided

Deflects a sword thrown by Deadpool with his axe.

No Caption Provided

Dodges Deadpool's shots after they've fired, making him a bullet timer. I can upload screenshots proving he moved after the bullets were fired if you like.

Ajax has much better reflexes than Legolas, and won't be hurt when stabbed by his blades. The only way Legolas can put him down is with a killing blow. Nothing else will matter.

And as for skill, Ajax beat Deadpool twice. The only reason he lost in the end was because they both took a falll and Wade recovered faster.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodfella: Ah ok. Yea I agree with that Francis is lowballed here and it should be a good fight, definitely not a stomp. I think that Legolas wins due to skill and experience.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Strenght - Legolas has defeated people with similar strengh to Ajax. With some effort but still. Bullet timing is impressive I give you that. But still Legolas is more skilled and has definitely (at least) 100 years of fighting experience more that Francis. Legolas have done much feats that Ajax can't replicate while most of Ajax skill feats (defeating Deadpool) can be replicated by Legolas.

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he moved his head doesn't it stand to reason he can perceive them in motion? And if Deadpool was off target why would he bother to move his head? It's also convenient that he moved his head twice in a row in the correct direction. The first shoot was a bit off target but the second shot would have hit him.

No, anyone would move their head if someone was firing bullets at them. He wouldn't have known Deadpool was off-target because he's not fast enough to figure that out and any movement he made would've been incidental. The feat is still too unclear and IIRC didn't Deadpool not want to kill him anyway? Regardless there's still room for Wade to miss.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodfella said:

No, anyone would move their head if someone was firing bullets at them. He wouldn't have known Deadpool was off-target because he's not fast enough to figure that out and any movement he made would've been incidental. The feat is still too unclear and IIRC didn't Deadpool not want to kill him anyway? Regardless there's still room for Wade to miss.

Did Wade know it was Francis on the motorcycle? Francis was wearing a helmet with a dark visor.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtreme1 said:
@highaccuser said:
@goodfella said:

Did Wade know it was Francis on the motorcycle? Francis was wearing a helmet with a dark visor.

That's what I wasn't sure about, although he did go through the effort of taking off the helmet later so he knew it could've been Francis at least.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtreme1 said:
@highaccuser said:
@goodfella said:

That's what I wasn't sure about, although he did go through the effort of taking off the helmet later so he knew it could've been Francis at least.

I just re-watched the highway scene. Before shooting at Francis, Wade had already killed two other guys riding motorcycles with dark visors. So I think he was trying to kill whoever was riding the motorcycle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot:

Strenght - Legolas has defeated people with similar strengh to Ajax. With some effort but still.

The only thing Legolas has beaten that could be argued as stronger than Ajax is the bolg, and even that isn't certain. He beat the bolg because his great agility allowed him to exploit the bolg's size and turn it against him, but that won't work here now that he's fighting somebody without exploitable size who, on top of that, has experience beating people more agile than him in Deadpool.

But still Legolas is more skilled and has definitely (at least) 100 years of fighting experience more that Francis.

Somebody being older doesn't automatically translate to them being more skilled.

Legolas have done much feats that Ajax can't replicate while most of Ajax skill feats (defeating Deadpool) can be replicated by Legolas.

Source? In terms of feats Ajax is much better. Even if I were to concede that Legolas is the more skilled fighter, they would at least be comparable in that regard and Ajax's far superior physicals would solidify his win.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Fair enough. Maybe he can win. But I don't see any stomp here

Novawing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ajax most likely, considering even if Legolas has the range advantage, Ajax could easily deflect the arrows and close the gap between them quickly

In CQC, I'm inclined to say Ajax because of greater strength and reflexes, but not without a good fight

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ajax still stomps.

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ajax

Delta16807

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Delta16807

@lubub55:

Sorry, but I broke down your evidence of 'bullet timing' with a video editor frame by frame to see what happened first. Found out he clearly wasn't bullet timing it. It turns out it was a case of the batman 'see him getting ready, get out of the way before fire'. Let me show you the frame as camera pan to him:

No Caption Provided

For a few frames you can see him starting to duck, and then this happens:

No Caption Provided

As you can see the bullet finally instantly whiz by with bullet trail in the period of a frame or two (faster than he was moving, almost instant). So he reacted before hand, and as a result the previous aiming of DP simply missed.

So HE IS NO BULLET TIMER, and seeing the frames, I can conclusively say with the speed of the bullet compared to him - he isn't even close to the speed that bullet traveled.

Also, in regards to him deflecting that projectile thrown by deadpool, notice something: He stood still to track it. And you were saying he was going to quickly run and close the distance? If he needs to do that to accomplish that much, Legolas will pick him apart at a range. Plus his arrows travel way faster (covering distances of a couple of football fields in the Warg scene in about a second or two), and will be waay more precise. And he can fire very quickly making it even harder.

Also, yes, he can take great punishment, but many of those urakhai laughed off arrowed, and blades. Guess what? Legolas killed them anyway. He has shown to be able to aim for weak points when certain enemies surprised him by durability, and being able to react to that quickly.

Legolas has shown superhuman reflexes, strength and dexterity (the last one is just omg, aiming that well, on ropes, running on elephants, jumping rocks in the way he did towards the end of the Hobbit? - superhuman and unnatural to any normal human).

I haven't seen Legolas miss a shot - and he has an Elven bow - blessed with Elven magic. He has a cloak that can make him almost invisible - even when looking right at him. He can walk near silently, so if he has any opportunity to ambush - he can do it vs Ajax easily enough (depending on how this battle is set up). He ran almost constantly for a few days - so he has the endurance feats over Ajax, if it becomes prolonged, he should not tire and slow before Ajax.

This is without giving Legolas the total experience edge, of well over a thousand years. And skill fighting other supernatural beings, elves, the best varieties of goblins, heavily armored and highly durable - giant spiders that are freakishly quick, and powerful enough to ensnare an entire war party of dwarves - he was taking out as if they are nothing to him.

Legolas wins this, 9/10.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen Legolas miss a shot - and he has an Elven bow - blessed with Elven magic.

Just to clear something up, Legolas doesn't have his bow for this fight. He has Orcrist and his two short swords.

Delta16807

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Delta16807

@xtreme1:

Didn't see the rules, just did after you said that. Still Legolas, but this time, 7/10 now. By movie feats only, but logically, I would still pick him every time.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ajax is superior in strength. Both seem fairly close in combat speed and reflexes, but ajax might have a small advantage. Legolas is more skilled no doubt and is use to fighting stronger guys than himself. I thin klegolas can pull it off, but it will be difficult especially if he doesn't get a bow.