Ahsoka Tano (Rebels) VS Darth Maul (Legends)

• 116 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I've heard from some people recently (after Twilight of the Apprentice aired) that Ahsoka would beat cannon Maul, so i've decided to make this just to see what people think

The Rules

-Maul gets ALL feats from legends and cannon

-Battle takes place in the Roman Colloseum

-Bloodlust is on so morals aren't an issue for Ahsoka

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've heard from some people recently (after Twilight of the Apprentice aired) that Ahsoka would beat cannon Maul

How do I put this... Star Wars disagrees?

No Caption Provided

Taken from starwars.com. The suggestion is that Ezra, who was the weakest out of himself, Maul, Kanan, and Ahsoka, would logically be paired with Maul because he's the strongest of the group, and best able to carry him, meanwhile Kanan and Ahsoka while individually weaker than Maul can handle themselves. Given that it's an out-of-universe source, it's pretty irrefutable evidence.

Suffice to say, Maul wins this thread, as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Its funny though. I have had two users tell me that Ahsoka is Ben Kenobi level and one tell me that she is Anakin level

I dont belive one word of it though

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's a tier below Maul and Kenobi still

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: And rightly so. She's good, but she's not quite Maul.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@i_like_swords: Its funny though. I have had two users tell me that Ahsoka is Ben Kenobi level and one tell me that she is Anakin level

Screw that. Ben Kenobi is a insult, much less her being lower. She is on par with prime Obi Wan, who Maul would still best. As a duelist, she is on par with maul, but Maul is still better in force. This is ofcurse discusing Canon only. Legends Maul is stupid ass shit to pair with canon Ahsoka, and just another spite thread to hate on the few decent Ahsoka fans only to get at the even more few Ahsoka fanboys.

Just because 1-2 users are hyping her in stupid levels does not mean we should rate her lower or on par with Ben Kenobi when her dueling, statements, and force is more prime Obi Wan (Canon). Legends is stupid in itself as Ahsoka only has 3-4 appearances in Legends. In Legends she should be as good as Legends Vader in physical speed and physical strength since all Canon is auto applied to Legends anyway.

In short, Ben Kenobi is lower than her IMO, but if people rate her lower than Ben, that is just insulting.

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get upset cause your lover isn't being overrated fizz. I get migraines when someone says she's on par with Maul in terms of dueling, it's just dumb.

She's lower than Ben still, lmao.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@jarjarbinks said:

Don't get upset cause your lover isn't being overrated fizz. I get migraines when someone says she's on par with Maul in terms of dueling, it's just dumb.

She's lower than Ben still, lmao.

Well coming from a well known Ahsoka hater, who keeps mentioning my name while never making a debate, makes alt accounts to talk shit, well your opinion means little to me.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard said:

Screw that. Ben Kenobi is a insult, much less her being lower. She is on par with prime Obi Wan, who Maul would still best. As a duelist, she is on par with maul, but Maul is still better in force. This is ofcurse discusing Canon only. Legends Maul is stupid ass shit to pair with canon Ahsoka, and just another spite thread to hate on the few decent Ahsoka fans only to get at the even more few Ahsoka fanboys.

Just because 1-2 users are hyping her in stupid levels does not mean we should rate her lower or on par with Ben Kenobi when her dueling, statements, and force is more prime Obi Wan (Canon). Legends is stupid in itself as Ahsoka only has 3-4 appearances in Legends. In Legends she should be as good as Legends Vader in physical speed and physical strength since all Canon is auto applied to Legends anyway.

In short, Ben Kenobi is lower than her IMO, but if people rate her lower than Ben, that is just insulting.

How is it an insult? Its more of an exaggerated compliment if you ask me. Her best dueling feat is getting pushed around by Vader. Ben has stalemated with Vader, neither were gaining an edge over each other. That's a better dueling feat if you ask me. You also compare her force ability to the likes of prime Obi-Wan, which I assume you mean ROTS, but what is to say his force ability weakened at all? He spent years meditating and learning about the force so it is more than likely his strength and knowledge in the force increased. Also, I don't believe we have seen force ability deteriorate in any other character due to age.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Royal_Warrior

Yeah she isn't Ben Kenobi level either

She's mid tier, lower high tier at a best

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JarJarBinks

@sirfizzwhizz: lololololololololololololol you're actually hilarious. You're one of those people that hype Ahsoka up to those stupid levels, jsyk :> and m8, accusing someone of being an alt just because they dare disagree with you shows how crappy a debater you are

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe your just underestimating Ben? I mean you keep saying its an insult but no one is saying Ben sucks in general....

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@sirdrprofessor:

How is it an insult? Its more of an exaggerated compliment if you ask me. Her best dueling feat is getting pushed around by Vader.

Really? How was she pushed around? I mean Obi Wan in his prime was on the back foot, backing away the whole fight with Anakin. Was he pushed around?

Ben has stalemated with Vader, neither were gaining an edge over each other.

Thats a lie. Ben was pushed/running back to the hanger where the ship was. He was hardly in the same spot during the short fight, and somehow he manages back to the escape rout of the ship itself? Sure lets call it neither side giving inch. My ass.

That's a better dueling feat if you ask me.

Uh huh.

You also compare her force ability to the likes of prime Obi-Wan, which I assume you mean ROTS, but what is to say his force ability weakened at all? He spent years meditating and learning about the force so it is more than likely his strength and knowledge in the force increased. Also, I don't believe we have seen force ability deteriorate in any other character due to age.

Show me one force feat on par with his higher end feats of his younger self. Just one. I will wait. Otherwise you are speculating. Also many force users get weaker with older age.

No Caption Provided

Whats that? Yoda got weaker with age? Holy shit. EU source, but still happens in lore. We are not talking strictly canon here either anyway.

Also its pretty hypocritical that when people discuss Maul, he is weaker because of his piss poor preformance vs Inquisitors and Kanan, but oh no, that does not apply to Ben kenobi. Hyprocritial bullshit.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: lololololololololololololol you're actually hilarious. You're one of those people that hype Ahsoka up to those stupid levels, jsyk :> and m8, accusing someone of being an alt just because they dare disagree with you shows how crappy a debater you are

Whats that? Still no debate, just trolling? Sounds right.

@jashro44 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Maybe your just underestimating Ben? I mean you keep saying its an insult but no one is saying Ben sucks in general....

Read my last post and counter it if ya can my mate.

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: When was Maul's preformance "piss poor" against the inquisitors. He ragdolled one with TK and instakilled her with a thrown lightsaber. I hardly call that poor

Also, im fairly confident that showing with Kanan was PIS. It doesn't line up with any of his other feats, even from the same episode. Hell, Kanan has worse showings against the Inquisitors than Maul does.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard:

When was Maul's preformance "piss poor" against the inquisitors. He ragdolled one with TK and instakilled her with a thrown lightsaber. I hardly call that poor

I think it was a good feat, but many Maul fans would argue he should have killed them all in the first few seconds.

Also, im fairly confident that showing with Kanan was PIS. It doesn't line up with any of his other feats, even from the same episode. Hell, Kanan has worse showings against the Inquisitors than Maul does.

PIS is thrown around too much with SW.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I'm not going to comment on everything you said except this:

Also its pretty hypocritical that when people discuss Maul, he is weaker because of his piss poor preformance vs Inquisitors and Kanan, but oh no, that does not apply to Ben kenobi. Hyprocritial bullshit.

Well the voice actor who plays Maul stated Maul was past his prime. @erkan12 has the source so its not just based on the episode. Also Maul did pretty well against the inquisitors. He was kicking them around and dodging there attacks by himself until Ahsoka and Kanan joined in. I attribute his showing with Kanan due to a combination of PIS, Maul underestimating Kanan, and Kanan being in an enhanced state of concentration with the force.

As for Ben no one is denying Ben got weaker. But at the end of the day Obi-wan is still one of the best duelist of his era. Not to mention at the end of ROS Yoda tells Obi-wan he has special training to do with Qui-gon IIRC (which probably involved learning to become a force ghost, but he could have learned other things), and I believe in the comics when Luke reads Obi-wans journal we do see Obi-wan meditating IIRC. So we know Obi-wan was still practicing with the force. Maul probably got weaker for similar reasons but he still seems to be far above inquisitor level. And likewise Maul stated that he had been on that planet for years living off of scraps, I don't know if this is true since Maul could have been manipulating the team, but in addition to being old Maul may have been malnourished as well. So the comparison may not be perfect.

So while Maul and Obi-wan grew weaker over time its not like they are feeble old men. There still powerful in the force and capable of augmenting there physicals. I think your getting to caught up on the fact Ben is old and ignoring the fact that he did genuinely give Vader a similar fight to what Ahsoka gave.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdrprofessor:

How is it an insult? Its more of an exaggerated compliment if you ask me. Her best dueling feat is getting pushed around by Vader.

Really? How was she pushed around? I mean Obi Wan in his prime was on the back foot, backing away the whole fight with Anakin. Was he pushed around?

Thats a lie. Ben was pushed/running back to the hanger where the ship was. He was hardly in the same spot during there short fight, and manages back to the escape rout of the ship itself. Sure lets call it neither side giving inch. My ass.

Uh huh.

You also compare her force ability to the likes of prime Obi-Wan, which I assume you mean ROTS, but what is to say his force ability weakened at all? He spent years meditating and learning about the force so it is more than likely his strength and knowledge in the force increased. Also, I don't believe we have seen force ability deteriorate in any other character due to age.

Show me one force feat on par with his higher end feats of his younger self. Just one. I will wait. Otherwise you are speculating. Also many force users get weaker with older age.

No Caption Provided

Whats that? Yoda got weaker with age? Holy shit. EU source, but still happens in lore. We are not talking strictly canon here either anyway.

1. She was definitely getting pushed around. After she pushed Vader back a few feet we never again see her make any sort of ground. She continuously gets pushed back and then off the edge of the temple. Kenobi was at least able to make offenses and gain himself ground in that fight. It was not just him getting beaten down, he was actually able to strike back. I am not saying he didn't give ground because he did, but to be fair Kenobi always gives some ground as that is an integral part of Soresu. Ashoka doesn't have that excuse as her main fighting form is all about trying to gain ground and go on the offensive. She wasn't able to, Kenobi was.

2. In canon Ben has limited exposure to show off any force feats but what he does have is casually throwing large boulders and ragdolling a gang of thugs without even being seen and beating a gang of tusken raiders without using his primary weapon.

3. I am talking strictly canon as that is where Ashoka exists and that is where my star wars knowledge lies. Show me an in canon source stating characters lose their force ability with age.

4. Quit your whining. I don't think anyone has called his performance against the inquisitors piss poor seeing as he killed all of them. And don't even start on the Kanan thing that was PIS and everyone knows it was PIS.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@sirdrprofessor:

Same with Ahsoka. She was using her agility and speed to dodge his blows while Vader went on the all offense power attack. Same shit happen to Ben who gave ground that ended back to the Hanger and Obi Wan who use his skill to block everything, though Anakin did the same to him as Vader did to Ahsoka. Vader also left the temple unable to kill Ahsoka who was seen walking out a temple door herself. So how is that not a stalemate in dueling?

Im sorry where is your counter here? There is none, just opinion bias of the same situation, only you think its somehow better. Riiiiight.

1. She was definitely getting pushed around. After she pushed Vader back a few feet we never again see her make any sort of ground. She continuously gets pushed back and then off the edge of the temple. Kenobi was at least able to make offenses and gain himself ground in that fight. It was not just him getting beaten down, he was actually able to strike back. I am not saying he didn't give ground because he did, but to be fair Kenobi always gives some ground as that is an integral part of Soresu. Ashoka doesn't have that excuse as her main fighting form is all about trying to gain ground and go on the offensive. She wasn't able to, Kenobi was.

Yes, that was her style. Jark Kai is not a powerful form and neither is Ataru. Vader was using his typical powerful offense and stats. She gave ground, but so did Obi Wan and Ben kenobi against the same foe! Ben made no offense move. He use no force. Just block as much as possible with a all defense base Style. Ahsoka block Vaders attacks and dodge the rest with a offense style. Thats better in itself. Ben nor Obi pushed Vader/Ankin back in the duels. At all.

2. In canon Ben has limited exposure to show off any force feats but what he does have is casually throwing large boulders and ragdolling a gang of thugs without even being seen and beating a gang of tusken raiders without using his primary weapon.

Thats it eh? Not my problem he has limited exposure or not. He does not have the feats, then he does not have them.

3. I am talking strictly canon as that is where Ashoka exists and that is where my star wars knowledge lies. Show me an in canon source stating characters lose their force ability with age.

Dooku got weaker with age, needing Force power to feed his failing body to compensate. I imagine same for Ben who had a more poor battle preformance than his ROTS battle where he was jumping and fast attacking in every scene. Also this battle is with LEGENDS Maul, so EU source count.

4. Quit your whining. I don't think anyone has called his performance against the inquisitors piss poor seeing as he killed all of them. And don't even start on the Kanan thing that was PIS and everyone knows it was PIS.

Prove its PIS? I love any feat no one likes in SW is PIS. Why could Kanan not beat Maul due to the combination of Maul being arrogant and Kanan hitting some Force amp state like Luke did with Vader? Also Maul was stated past his prime by the actor. So... pffft....Deal with it.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Well the voice actor who plays Maul stated Maul was past his prime. @erkan12 has the source so its not just based on the episode. Also Maul did pretty well against the inquisitors. He was kicking them around and dodging there attacks by himself until Ahsoka and Kanan joined in. I attribute his showing with Kanan due to a combination of PIS, Maul underestimating Kanan, and Kanan being in an enhanced state of concentration with the force.

I agree.

As for Ben no one is denying Ben got weaker. But at the end of the day Obi-wan is still one of the best duelist of his era. Not to mention at the end of ROS Yoda tells Obi-wan he has special training to do with Qui-gon IIRC (which probably involved learning to become a force ghost, but he could have learned other things), and I believe in the comics when Luke reads Obi-wans journal we do see Obi-wan meditating IIRC. So we know Obi-wan was still practicing with the force. Maul probably got weaker for similar reasons but he still seems to be far above inquisitor level. And likewise Maul stated that he had been on that planet for years living off of scraps, I don't know if this is true since Maul could have been manipulating the team, but in addition to being old Maul may have been malnourished as well. So the comparison may not be perfect.

I agree, though Ben simply does not show much in terms of force. His dueling is great, but his lack of force feats, past his prime clearly, and lack of using a lightsaber for near decade suggest to me he is a tier below Ahsoka at her max prime.

So while Maul and Obi-wan grew weaker over time its not like they are feeble old men.

I agree.

There still powerful in the force and capable of augmenting there physicals. I think your getting to caught up on the fact Ben is old and ignoring the fact that he did genuinely give Vader a similar fight to what Ahsoka gave.

The issue is Ben is weaker. we both know he is past his prime. How long would he held out vs Vader? better question, would he fought the Inquisitors, then spar with Maul, and then have a 20 minuet battle with a younger Vader same way as Ahsoka? I dont see it. Obi Wan, sure, Ben who is weaker, past his prime, and need to spend precious force reserves to amp his failing stats and body movement? Im not seeing it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard:

When was Maul's preformance "piss poor" against the inquisitors. He ragdolled one with TK and instakilled her with a thrown lightsaber. I hardly call that poor

I think it was a good feat, but many Maul fans would argue he should have killed them all in the first few seconds.

Well at the very least Maul's preformance against Kanan was an very low showing. Maul also has outlier high showings like this one, but they generaly aren't used because they are outliers

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at the very least Maul's preformance against Kanan was an very low showing. Maul also has outlier high showings like this one, but they generaly aren't used because they are outliers

No Caption Provided

...how exactly is this an "outlier".

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

@sirfizzwhizz:

I agree, though Ben simply does not show much in terms of force. His dueling is great, but his lack of force feats, past his prime clearly, and lack of using a lightsaber for near decade suggest to me he is a tier below Ahsoka at her max prime.

Well I think saying he lacks force feats is unfair. The problem is he had no chance to really display his force powers in canon. Yea he hasn't picked up a lightsaber for years but he still did hold his own with Vader. He may have been on the losing end but he wasn't stomped or anything.

The issue is Ben is weaker. we both know he is past his prime. How long would he held out vs Vader? better question, would he fought the Inquisitors, then spar with Maul, and then have a 20 minuet battle with a younger Vader same way as Ahsoka? I dont see it. Obi Wan, sure, Ben who is weaker, past his prime, and need to spend precious force reserves to amp his failing stats and body movement? Im not seeing it.

The inquisitors would be fodder to Ben. Maul has admitted he couldn't defeat Vader and he was taking on all 3 at once. Ben is closer to Vader level than he is any inquisitor. Ahsoka only fought Maul for like a minute. I'm not exaggerating. The fighting literally ends at 1:05:

Loading Video...

And there are a few seconds where Maul is monologuing and Ahsoka is just kind of standing there letting him. So honestly I do think Ben could fight the inquisitors, fight Maul for like 40-60 seconds, and than fight Vader for a bit. Ahsoka didn't really go through much of a gauntlet. We already know she outclasses the inquisitors by a lot, and her fight with Maul wasn't to extensive. Her fight with Vader was really her big fight scene of the episode, I don't think anything before hand would be all that taxing for either her or Ben.

EDIT: Actually I see in another thread i_like_Swords found a source saying Maul grew more powerful....Maybe he was physically weaker but his force powers grew? I don't know.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@decaf_wizard:

I agree.

@decaf_wizard said:

...how exactly is this an "outlier".

That is why Maul beats Ahsoka. Force is better.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SirDrProfessor

@sirfizzwhizz:

Same with Ahsoka. She was using her agility and speed to dodge his blows while Vader went on the all offense power attack. Same shit happen to Ben who gave ground that ended back to the Hanger and Obi Wan who use his skill to block everything, though Anakin did the same to him as Vader did to Ahsoka. Vader also left the temple unable to kill Ahsoka who was seen walking out a temple door herself. So how is that not a stalemate in dueling?

Yeah he gave ground but he also took ground. Ashoka, whose main fighting form is all about going on the offensive was unable to at all get any offensive counters. Also its hilarious how you think Vader left the temple unable to kill her. The temple exploded right after we see the ghost crew flew away. They wouldn't be able to continue their fight after the temple exploded, probably separating them from each other.

Im sorry where is your counter here? There is none, just opinion bias of the same situation, only you think its somehow better. Riiiiight.

You're one to talk about opinionated bias. You came into this thread shouting Ashoka being Ben level an insult.

Yes, that was her style. Jark Kai is not a powerful form and neither is Ataru. Vader was using his typical powerful offense and stats. She gave ground, but so did Obi Wan and Ben kenobi against the same foe! Ben made no offense move. He use no force. Just block as much as possible with a all defense base Style. Ahsoka block Vaders attacks and dodge the rest with a offense style. Thats better in itself. Ben nor Obi pushed Vader/Ankin back in the duels. At all

No Caption Provided

He did gain ground. In the canon webtoon by Hong Jacga, Kenobi is clearly shown gaining ground through offensive maneuvers. Throughout the entire fight they are portrayed as equals.

Dooku got weaker with age, needing Force power to feed his failing body to compensate. I imagine same for Ben who had a more poor battle preformance than his ROTS battle where he was jumping and fast attacking in every scene. Also this battle is with LEGENDS Maul, so EU source count.

Dooku needing to use his power to feed his body does not mean his power in general had diminished, it means his body had and he needed to spend more of his reserves. Its not the same has him becoming less powerful. He just had to use his power differently.

Prove its PIS? I love any feat no one likes in SW is PIS. Why could Kanan not beat Maul due to the combination of Maul being arrogant and Kanan hitting some Force amp state like Luke did with Vader? Also Maul was stated past his prime by the actor. So... pffft....Deal with it.

So you want a legit BS explanation as to how it happened? Fine. Doesn't excuse how Maul got ridiculously stupid in order for Kanan to survive that's plot protection straight up.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdrprofessor:

Yeah he gave ground but he also took ground. Ashoka, whose main fighting form is all about going on the offensive was unable to at all get any offensive counters. Also its hilarious how you think Vader left the temple unable to kill her. The temple exploded right after we see the ghost crew flew away. They wouldn't be able to continue their fight after the temple exploded, probably separating them from each other.

Fair enough, but his mission was to kill her, he failed though the fight lasted awhile. Not saying he could not end her with TK, but he could not with Dueling against her who use a form not for pure defense. Ben for whatever reason could stayed alive, and help train Luke as well be a asset. He allowed himself to die. Seems to me he would not have made it anyway.

You're one to talk about opinionated bias. You came into this thread shouting Ashoka being Ben level an insult.

Seems to me at the moment. She is dueling wise able to last vs Vader, and her force is not pathetic, though clearly not close to the best either.

No Caption Provided

He did gain ground. In the canon webtoon by Hong Jacga, Kenobi is clearly shown gaining ground through offensive maneuvers. Throughout the entire fight they are portrayed as equals.

So this is completely canon then? Marvel or Disney approve of this? If so i will gladly recede my statement, as this is new to me. I have no problem conceding my previous post if this is legit.

Dooku needing to use his power to feed his body does not mean his power in general had diminished, it means his body had and he needed to spend more of his reserves.

Agreed, but he was still weaker for it in dueling aspect.

Its not the same has him becoming less powerful. He just had to use his power differently.

Agreed. Force wise he was a beast.

So you want a legit BS explanation as to how it happened? Fine. Doesn't excuse how Maul got ridiculously stupid in order for Kanan to survive that's plot protection straight up.

Fair enough.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul at his peak? He wins solidly.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29 JediXMan  Moderator

Could be wrong, but isn't canon Maul > Legends Maul?

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Wouldn't Legends Maul have all his canon feats + all the ones in the old EU? At least where they don't conflict?

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Well Canon Maul does not take SoD and Rebels feats into account but does take TCW feats, so not necessarily. Prime Canon Maul = Legends Maul.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul at his peak? He wins solidly.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Yeah the webtoon is canon with one exception. Some of the dialog was altered due to translation as it was originally made for korean audiences. Other than those slight changes, it is canon. The author worked closely with Lucasfilm to make it.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@sirdrprofessor said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Yeah the webtoon is canon with one exception. Some of the dialog was altered due to translation as it was originally made for korean audiences. Other than those slight changes, it is canon. The author worked closely with Lucasfilm to make it.

Meh, I have to say I have trouble accepting the feat.

“It is approved but its canon status is grey area. We gave them leeway for cultural interpretation." - Jennifer Heddle on Twitter.

Do you have any proof other than this questionable Web Comic of Vader being pushed around by Kenobi? In the marvel comic and movie Obi is pushed back to the hanger, never pushing Vader foward at all.

Loading Video...

In both cases Obi is driven back from the hallway to the hanger door, shown to be push back in the film in this mere 2 minuet scuffle.

@jashro44: @thevivas: also for all three of, Ben seems to be legit weaker than Obi. Vader states "Your powers are weak old man." Ben never contradicts this, stating he will be stronger when killed as a force ghost.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Wouldn't the comment Vader made about Obi-wan be a dun-moch?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

There is no such thing as dun-moch stated or shown in canon material to my knowledge. Only EU.

Also if it was Dun-Moch, Ben never corrected or hinted it was not true. Stating only he get more powerful when dead. Seems to confirm it for me.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

There is no such thing as dun-moch stated or shown in canon material to my knowledge. Only EU.

Also if it was Dun-Moch, Ben never corrected or hinted it was not true. Stating only he get more powerful when dead. Seems to confirm it for me.

I wont comment on your first sentence but in regards to your second sentence he was probably just ignoring it.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@jashro44 said:

I wont comment on your first sentence but in regards to your second sentence he was probably just ignoring it.

Maybe, but he should not said "cut me down..." part as it seems to point to Vader being right.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdrprofessor said:

Meh, I have to say I have trouble accepting the feat.

“It is approved but its canon status is grey area. We gave them leeway for cultural interpretation." - Jennifer Heddle on Twitter.

Do you have any proof other than this questionable Web Comic of Vader being pushed around by Kenobi? In the marvel comic and movie Obi is pushed back to the hanger, never pushing Vader foward at all.

Loading Video...

In both cases Obi is driven back from the hallway to the hanger door, shown to be push back in the film in this mere 2 minuet scuffle.

@jashro44: @thevivas: also for all three of, Ben seems to be legit weaker than Obi. Vader states "Your powers are weak old man." Ben never contradicts this, stating he will be stronger when killed as a force ghost.

The grey area is attributed to some of the dialog not matching perfectly to the movie. Think of it as similar to the novelizations, it isn't canon where it contradicts what was said in the movie but all the story beats and everything else is canon.

Here is a quote form the Author talking about his involvement with Disney and Lucasfilm

“When I first started working on this project, I segmented the original trilogy into 40 chapters, and then, I was able to freely discuss with Disney Korea and an editor from Lucasfilm on the scenes that I wanted to heighten and scenes that I needed to skip around. I was initially worried about adding the part on Luke’s youth in his own perspective and his narration while keeping the integrity of the Star Wars movie, but Lucasfilm had been very helpful and kind in sharing necessary reference books and source images. Disney Korea also had been very helpful acting as a bridge between Lucasfilm and me, and I was able to execute the project step-by-step from penciling to penning to coloring thanks to them. There certainly was a pressure in turning such huge franchise into the webtoon format, but it was more of an opportunity to up my geek level thanks to the meticulous review and comments from Lucasfilm’s story group and editor.” - Hong Jacga

And Don Moch might not specifically have been mentioned by name in canon, but it has definitely been shown at work in canon. Dooku uses it and so does Maul.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdrprofessor:

The grey area is attributed to some of the dialog not matching perfectly to the movie. Think of it as similar to the novelizations, it isn't canon where it contradicts what was said in the movie but all the story beats and everything else is canon.

Here is a quote form the Author talking about his involvement with Disney and Lucasfilm

“When I first started working on this project, I segmented the original trilogy into 40 chapters, and then, I was able to freely discuss with Disney Korea and an editor from Lucasfilm on the scenes that I wanted to heighten and scenes that I needed to skip around. I was initially worried about adding the part on Luke’s youth in his own perspective and his narration while keeping the integrity of the Star Wars movie, but Lucasfilm had been very helpful and kind in sharing necessary reference books and source images. Disney Korea also had been very helpful acting as a bridge between Lucasfilm and me, and I was able to execute the project step-by-step from penciling to penning to coloring thanks to them. There certainly was a pressure in turning such huge franchise into the webtoon format, but it was more of an opportunity to up my geek level thanks to the meticulous review and comments from Lucasfilm’s story group and editor.” - Hong Jacga

And Don Moch might not specifically have been mentioned by name in canon, but it has definitely been shown at work in canon. Dooku uses it and so does Maul.

Ok, I can get behind that.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By ViperSixteen
kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard said:

I've heard from some people recently (after Twilight of the Apprentice aired) that Ahsoka would beat cannon Maul

How do I put this... Star Wars disagrees?

No Caption Provided

Taken from starwars.com. The suggestion is that Ezra, who was the weakest out of himself, Maul, Kanan, and Ahsoka, would logically be paired with Maul because he's the strongest of the group, and best able to carry him, meanwhile Kanan and Ahsoka while individually weaker than Maul can handle themselves. Given that it's an out-of-universe source, it's pretty irrefutable evidence.

Suffice to say, Maul wins this thread, as well.

you do realize in the actual episode kanan doesn't at all choose to split up maul with ezra and actually opposes it?

So that makes absolutely no sense unless its talking about things from maul's perspective

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erkan12

you do realize in the actual episode kanan doesn't at all choose to split up maul with ezra and actually opposes it?

So that makes absolutely no sense unless its talking about things from maul's perspective

Lol.

Kanan agreed with it because Maul was the strongest of the group. Maul wasn't deciding who is going to join who. Kanan, Ahsoka and Ezra all of them agreed, because they all knew Maul was strongest of the group. There is no other reason.

Loading Video...

It's not the logical choice because Maul is trying to turn Ezra to the Dark Side, it's the logical choice because Maul is the strongest of the group. It's as simple as that.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kbroskywalker

@erkan12:

uh no dude, kanan only reluctantly let ezra go because ezra himself wanted to go with maul. Maul said its logical because he wants to turn ezra to the darkside. Ezra wants to go with maul because as he was arguing with kanan earlier, he trusts him. Nothing to do with power as the inqusitor are fodder to both maul and ahsoka.

Going by actual feats

ahsoka force pushing vader>maul circumstantially tking a pre prime kenobi who wasn't close to his rots self where he could get out of tk grips vs anakin and deflect force blasts from him(and yes anakin was hindered, anakin had still improved from tcw).

Ahsoka contending with prime vader and matching him for long portions of the fight> maul matching grevious and beating kenobi after he was beaten to the point he could barely stand up and then was mentally unblanced. And these are maul's best showings in the clone wars and in sod.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Well I think saying he lacks force feats is unfair. The problem is he had no chance to really display his force powers in canon.

Which applies to rebels ahsoka as well except she actually has a impressive tk showing

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Erkan12

@kbroskywalker said:

@erkan12:

uh no dude, kanan only reluctantly let ezra go because ezra himself wanted to go with maul.

Because Ezra (just like the others) agreed on Maul being the strongest of the group.

@kbroskywalker said:

Maul said its logical because he wants to turn ezra to the darkside.

Lol.

Maul's personal desires has nothing to do with that public statement. He said it's the logical choice because he is the strongest of the group and Ezra was the weakest of the group. Which is why Ahsoka and Kanan didn't disagree at the end, despite the fact that Kanan didn't want to send Ezra.

Maul actually wanted to turn Ezra to the dark side, but he couldn't do that openly, which is why bringing this up is ridiculous.

@kbroskywalker said:

Ezra wants to go with maul because as he was arguing with kanan earlier, he trusts him. Nothing to do with power as the inqusitor are fodder to both maul and ahsoka.

Why would Ezra choose Maul over Kanan and Ahsoka ? He may trust Maul, but he trusts Kanan and Ahsoka much more.

Stop being in denial already. You're even denying starwars.com just because you don't like Maul, it's just hilarious...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord Maul beats that eternally overrated character.

Being on the defensive the entire fight against a Pre Prime Darth Vader is a Ben Kenobi level feat. And Ben Kenobi actually tried to attack Vader. Ahsoka only dodged and evaded, landing a lucky, circumstancial hit on Vader that would never have happened were it in a deserted battlefield (Vader was Force Pulling Kanan and Ezra.)

Maul forced Ahsoka to flee (never mind the Ezra thing) and he easily TKd the Inquisitors (something Ahsoka only did once she disarmed and caught the Seventh Sister off guard. Granted, Ezra was fighting the Seventh Sister, but Maul had also Force Pushed the Eighth Brother off the temple.

Ahsoka pushing back Maul DOES NOT mean she is superior. Tano is known for pushing back opponents like that, even when she is clearly inferior. In the video Ahsoka and Kanan vs Maul Star Wars Rebels, Ahsoka pushes Maul back in 1:05 and 1:52, and is on the offensive for most of the fight. In TCW, when Ahsoka faces Grievous on Florrum, she pushes him back in 2:20 of the video. DOES THAT MEAN TCW AHSOKA IS SUPERIOR TO GG? No. GG is clearly superior. Most of the fight was Ahsoka narrowly evading Grievous' strikes, and Grievous sidestepping her own reckless, ineffective offensive strikes.

In most of her duels (vs Grievous in TCW and vs Vader in Rebels) Ahsoka clearly knows she outmatched, so she tries to Force Push and off-balance them, but although they are staggered backwards it does no damage. Maul is superior by feats.

Also, Ahsoka was outmatched by her own admission, and starwars.com states that Maul should be paired WITH THE WEAKEST of the Jedi, Ezra. So, stronger with weakest and the other two together. It is logical. So that the strongest can defend the weakest and kill the enemies while the other ones can do well on their own. They also had the biggest age gap. Oldest to protect the youngest and do most of the work.

Maul has kicked through torsos. That is better than anything Ahsoka has done. Maul has held his own against Darth Sidious for twenty seconds. Mind you, Sidious had stopped toying like he was at this point (right after Savage died.) Maul has ragdolled Kenobi (NOT CIRCUMSTANCIALLY. Only sometimes.)

Ahsoka TKing the Inquisitors is something Maul has done. To a more deadly degree. Maul has pulled down a Jedi cruiser effortlessly while injured, which is >>>> Ahsoka has done. Maul FTW.