• 68 results
mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@citizensentry: My post is a blanket statement on a common mistake calling out one user or a few isn't in the interest of fairness if I don't tag every user that makes the mistake.

It's certainly not worth my time or effort to get hostile over.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@citizensentry: My post is a blanket statement on a common mistake calling out one user or a few isn't in the interest of fairness if I don't tag every user that makes the mistake.

It's certainly not worth my time or effort to get hostile over.

Uh huh.

JarlBallin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 is much more stacked. They take it.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:

That said i dont recall Silver Surfer having any combat feats far greater than that.

I recommend reading the fight between Silver Surfer & God Cable.

As well as Silver Surfer vs. Beta Ray Bill (In which they fight in hyperspace.

But the best feat i can think of (just off the top of my head) Is when he fought his clone. The black/grey circles are planets and as you can quite clearly tell thy are travelling at much faster speeds thatn light.

No Caption Provided

Already seen the Silver Surfer vs Beta Ray Bill fight. It's is FTL but not faster than the Hal vs Sinestro.

What issue is the Silver Surfer vs God Cable fight, I would like to read it.

And I will admit that this feat is indeed more impressive that the one I have shown

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Hal is superior to Nova but I don't think he stomps him.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry said:
@emperorthanos said:

That said i dont recall Silver Surfer having any combat feats far greater than that.

I recommend reading the fight between Silver Surfer & God Cable.

As well as Silver Surfer vs. Beta Ray Bill (In which they fight in hyperspace.

But the best feat i can think of (just off the top of my head) Is when he fought his clone. The black/grey circles are planets and as you can quite clearly tell thy are travelling at much faster speeds thatn light.

Already seen the Silver Surfer vs Beta Ray Bill fight. It's is FTL but not faster than the Hal vs Sinestro.

What issue is the Silver Surfer vs God Cable fight, I would like to read it.

And I will admit that this feat is indeed more impressive that the one I have shown

Yeah i agree it's not his best showing of speed.

I believe that it was Cable and Deadpool #10

Yeah i believe that is his best combat speed showing against another being, but this was quite clearly pre-annihilation. So Silver Surfer is definitely faster now.

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure adam warlock's team has this

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador:

Warlock didn't make any mistakes.

He vastly underestimated Vulcan.

He has energy-based powers and vulcan exploited that.

Im saying that he won't be able to do that again.

Probably he doesn't but the only problem is energy manipulation, which he has used in like 90% of his fights

Even if Vulcan drains him, whats stopping Adam from counter draining?

Even physically, Warlock was a match for Vulcan when drained completely of his powers.

Which isn't exactly a great showing for Vulcan...

Maybe you can make a case for Warlock being different from last time and a better energy manipulator than before.

I still think that GOTG = revelation. so i wont make that argument.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal is superior to Nova but I don't think he stomps him.

Current Hal is far superior to Nova.

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By FiendishMind

Poor Richard still doesn't get any respect. Nova is by far the most traditional "speedster" here, having used his speed much more creatively and consistently than everyone else. He's physically held his own against both Xenith and Gladiator. His shields have tanked attacks from Lord Mar-Vell, Sphinx (with two Ka Stones) and Galactus. Among the characters here, Nova's raw durability is second only to Surfer and he has a wicked healing factor as well. At the end of Thanos Imperative, he basically soloed the entire Cancerverse Revengers team. IMO Vulcan is more of a weak link to his team than Richard is.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@jardinain2: You mean the one from Hal Jordan and Green Lantern Corps?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@fiendishmind: I actually like Richards as a character but I'm not going to dance around the fact he isn't all powerful as his cosmic teammates. When the match stipulation is they aren't holding back.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CitizenSentry

Poor Richard still doesn't get any respect. Nova is by far the most traditional "speedster" here, having used his speed much more creatively and consistently than everyone else.

Are you trying to say that Richard is faster than Silver Surfer?

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiendishmind: I actually like Richards as a character but I'm not going to dance around the fact he isn't all powerful as his cosmic teammates. When the match stipulation is they aren't holding back.

At his peak, during Thanos Imperative, Richard was operating at the same level as Quasar. He easily dealt with opponents that were giving Quasar significant trouble.

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiendishmind said:

Poor Richard still doesn't get any respect. Nova is by far the most traditional "speedster" here, having used his speed much more creatively and consistently than everyone else.

Not at all, but Richard is by far the more traditional "speedster", he's done more classic speedster things like spinning his arms at high speed like a tornado or blitzing a room full of opponents simultaneously.

Some examples.

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry said:
@fiendishmind said:

Not at all, but Richard is by far the more traditional "speedster", he's done more classic speedster things like spinning his arms at high speed like a tornado or blitzing a room full of opponents simultaneously.

Some examples.

Yeah, I would have to agree. I mean, it's all in the name "the human rocket".

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty good analysis. I agree with a lot of people here that Warlock has way better long term showings, etc, but fact is that vulcan clowned him pretty bad and the statements Warlock made after were pretty telling.

And I dont see Nova as some huge weak link. Hes going to be in the fight for a bit regardless.

If Quasar can keep Vulcan busy for even a few moments or even better, beat him, then Adam Warlock can one-shot both surfer and Nova prime, then punch Vulcan to death with the help from his teammates.

If Vulcan gets his hands on Warlock first, then SS beats Hal, Quasar beats rider with heavy difficulty and Vulcan drains Warlock and beats him with the help from his teammates.