Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By Herokiller12344

No Avatar State? Korra. She's a bending prodigy, and unlike Aang, she doesn't stop in the middle of combat for slapstick.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Avatar State? Korra. She's a bending prodigy, and unlike Aang, she doesn't stop in the middle of combat for slapstick.

I can't tell if you're serious.......

Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

I am serious. You watched the older series, Aang is very theatrical. Plus, I don't think it's fair to write Korra off as weak just because people like Aang better, anything Aang can do, she can do.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#204  Edited By ssj_god

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@herokiller12344 said:

I am serious. You watched the older series, Aang is very theatrical. Plus, I don't think it's fair to write Korra off as weak just because people like Aang better, anything Aang can do, she can do.

no ... aang can fly .. but she can't :D

op: .. korra has better accuracy and h2h combat skill due to her being in pro bending team and being trained to be an warrior.. but aang's bendings packs a little better power.. aang will gain an advantage of flying .. and initially being an airbender.. so he can dodge . and be more agile .. it is hard to tell who wins actually.. but first round korra wins for sure .. she ain't so emotional like aang .. won't hesitate to strike unlike aang

avatar state .. stalemate .. avatar spirit is the same spirit (rava the light spirit) .. inside every avatar .. and how can one spirit win against itself?

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

I couldn't tell if you're serious because Korra isn't a bending prodigy, she's mastering the elements in the same time a normal avatar would. Aang was the youngest airbender to become a master and mastered fire, earth, and water in less than a year. If don't think Aang is a prodigy, I'm not sure what show you were watching.

Sure Aang was theatrical in some of his fights but he knew when to be serious like with his fights with Azula or Ozai. Aang can be a very serious fighter, he just won't take a life.

Your last sentence is partially true, you're right that is isn't fair to right Korra off due to favoritism, but thats not why a lot of people think Aang beats her. The biggest difference between them is that Korra is hotheaded while Aang isn't. Korra's anger has been used against her which Aang could use to bait her. Plus, the bending in LOK has for some reason been weaker, their really hasn't been an explanation to this but the benders aren't as impressive as the ones in TLA.

The last part just isn't true, there's a lot of stuff Aang can do that Korra can't.

Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

@herokiller12344 said:

I couldn't tell if you're serious because Korra isn't a bending prodigy, she's mastering the elements in the same time a normal avatar would. Aang was the youngest airbender to become a master and mastered fire, earth, and water in less than a year. If don't think Aang is a prodigy, I'm not sure what show you were watching.

Sure Aang was theatrical in some of his fights but he knew when to be serious like with his fights with Azula or Ozai. Aang can be a very serious fighter, he just won't take a life.

Your last sentence is partially true, you're right that is isn't fair to right Korra off due to favoritism, but thats not why a lot of people think Aang beats her. The biggest difference between them is that Korra is hotheaded while Aang isn't. Korra's anger has been used against her which Aang could use to bait her. Plus, the bending in LOK has for some reason been weaker, their really hasn't been an explanation to this but the benders aren't as impressive as the ones in TLA.

The last part just isn't true, there's a lot of stuff Aang can do that Korra can't.

I say she's a prodigy because Korra could bend 3 elements when she was a toddler, and 13 years of straight training later she's most likely one of the most powerful benders on the planet. Yeah, Aang learned the disciplines in less than a year but that's just it. It had to have been rushed and was even stated as incomplete when he fought Ozai. Without the Avatar state, he's been bested by quite a few people, meanwhile the only people who could honestly be said to be superior to Korra in bending prowess were unnaturally talented(bloodbender, anti-avatar).

Korra is hot headed, I'll give you that. But she's not stupid, I doubt she'd react irresponsibly to the childish insults Aang could throw out. As for bending being weaker overall, haven't exactly noticed that. I mean I guess lightning bending has been nerfed but that seems to be it. But that has a lot to do with the fact that TLOK takes place within a world that is quickly modernizing. You wouldn't fire a gun in the middle of a crowded area, and you wouldn't use bending that could destroy a city block.

Like what, exactly? Korra can spirit and air bend.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

@herokiller12344 said:

I say she's a prodigy because Korra could bend 3 elements when she was a toddler, and 13 years of straight training later she's most likely one of the most powerful benders on the planet. Yeah, Aang learned the disciplines in less than a year but that's just it. It had to have been rushed and was even stated as incomplete when he fought Ozai. Without the Avatar state, he's been bested by quite a few people, meanwhile the only people who could honestly be said to be superior to Korra in bending prowess were unnaturally talented(bloodbender, anti-avatar).

Korra is hot headed, I'll give you that. But she's not stupid, I doubt she'd react irresponsibly to the childish insults Aang could throw out. As for bending being weaker overall, haven't exactly noticed that. I mean I guess lightning bending has been nerfed but that seems to be it. But that has a lot to do with the fact that TLOK takes place within a world that is quickly modernizing. You wouldn't fire a gun in the middle of a crowded area, and you wouldn't use bending that could destroy a city block.

as i said ... aang can fly but korra cant :P

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god:

as i said ... aang can fly but korra cant :P

Aang fly's with the use of a device that uses his arms and legs so he cannot bend while using it.

@herokiller12344 I am surprised that there is someone posting with the same though I had on the matter. I have made many of the similar points.

As you said atrength of bendng was smaller in LOK but that was because they where in more modernized areas, when at sea Korra created a huge water tornado without the avatar state.

Assume that they where born with the same potential, Aang is a borderline pacifist vs Korra who actively seeks to improve her fighting prowess, it was the reason she was interested in pro-bending.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Syndicate

Korra.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

@herokiller12344 said:

I'm almost positive that Korra bending when she was a toddler was for comedic purposes and shouldn't be taken seriously. If korra really was a prodigy, she would've mastered all 4 elements way before she was 17. Aang learned a lot more than just "disciplines" in during those nine months, he did master the elements, or at the very least was a step below master. The feats he was doing at the end of book 3 were at the level of a master so its a safe assumption to think he was close to mastering the elements and didn't just learn "disciplines" as you put it. If Aang did just learn the disciplines, he would bending at a very inexperienced level and since he clearly isn't, aang did learn more than the "disciplines".

What exactly is your definition of bested? Is it power level or simply been beaten? Because Korra has been beaten by quite a few people as well. She has been beaten by chi blockers a few times, got captured by metal benders, and got captured by unulaqs people. Korra doesn't have a spotless record either so I'm not sure what your are going on about. If you're talking about power level, Aang by the end of book 3 was the most powerful bender of his time, so again I'm not sure what you are going on about.

Being hotheaded doesn't mean she would react to childish insults, but she can be baited to do something she shouldn't like she has shown us numerous times in the show. Its not that hard to to push her buttons and Aang has been able to bait hot headed people before.

You may have not noticed it but a lot of people have noticed that the bending has been weaker overall and I mean a lot of people. I doubt its because they are in a city, fights in TLA took place in a cities/villages and the bending wasn't scaled down, I don't see why it would be different this time around. Like I said before, there isn't an exact reason but my guess is that it has to do with spirituality. With all this technology, the benders care less about spirits and don't care about nature as much as they used to in Aang's days, and as a result, their bending has been nerfed. And their is some reasoning behind this because bending is connected to spirituality, thats why every single air nomad was an air bender, because they are the most spiritual people. People of the earth kingdom has the lowest percentage of earthbenders because they were the least spiritual.

Korra is barely an air bender. Just because she can do some air punches and kicks, doesn't make her anywhere close to the level aang was at. Korra is hardly spiritual unlike aang, aang has much better control over the avatar state and is better connected with spirits. Aang can also take peoples bending away, Korra has only shown that she can give peoples bending back, which aang showed her. I don't remember if Korra ever used the seismic sense ability, but I don't think eh did, aang used it quite a few times. Aang is also a better dancer, can play an instrument, has a better relationship with his significant other, is a great teacher, and listener. Sure the last sentence is unnecessary but they are different; each has their own strengths and weaknesses. Aang has the advantage of being a better bender and fighter than korra.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Aang.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

@herokiller12344 said:

@herokiller12344 said:

I'm almost positive that Korra bending when she was a toddler was for comedic purposes and shouldn't be taken seriously. If korra really was a prodigy, she would've mastered all 4 elements way before she was 17. Aang learned a lot more than just "disciplines" in during those nine months, he did master the elements, or at the very least was a step below master. The feats he was doing at the end of book 3 were at the level of a master so its a safe assumption to think he was close to mastering the elements and didn't just learn "disciplines" as you put it. If Aang did just learn the disciplines, he would bending at a very inexperienced level and since he clearly isn't, aang did learn more than the "disciplines".

What exactly is your definition of bested? Is it power level or simply been beaten? Because Korra has been beaten by quite a few people as well. She has been beaten by chi blockers a few times, got captured by metal benders, and got captured by unulaqs people. Korra doesn't have a spotless record either so I'm not sure what your are going on about. If you're talking about power level, Aang by the end of book 3 was the most powerful bender of his time, so again I'm not sure what you are going on about.

Being hotheaded doesn't mean she would react to childish insults, but she can be baited to do something she shouldn't like she has shown us numerous times in the show. Its not that hard to to push her buttons and Aang has been able to bait hot headed people before.

You may have not noticed it but a lot of people have noticed that the bending has been weaker overall and I mean a lot of people. I doubt its because they are in a city, fights in TLA took place in a cities/villages and the bending wasn't scaled down, I don't see why it would be different this time around. Like I said before, there isn't an exact reason but my guess is that it has to do with spirituality. With all this technology, the benders care less about spirits and don't care about nature as much as they used to in Aang's days, and as a result, their bending has been nerfed. And their is some reasoning behind this because bending is connected to spirituality, thats why every single air nomad was an air bender, because they are the most spiritual people. People of the earth kingdom has the lowest percentage of earthbenders because they were the least spiritual.

Korra is barely an air bender. Just because she can do some air punches and kicks, doesn't make her anywhere close to the level aang was at. Korra is hardly spiritual unlike aang, aang has much better control over the avatar state and is better connected with spirits. Aang can also take peoples bending away, Korra has only shown that she can give peoples bending back, which aang showed her. I don't remember if Korra ever used the seismic sense ability, but I don't think eh did, aang used it quite a few times. Aang is also a better dancer, can play an instrument, has a better relationship with his significant other, is a great teacher, and listener. Sure the last sentence is unnecessary but they are different; each has their own strengths and weaknesses. Aang has the advantage of being a better bender and fighter than korra.

I gotta tell you, I have honestly never put this much effort into the Battle Forums before. Anyway, I do disagree about toddler bending. Yeah, it was comic relief, but that shouldn't discount it. Even her teachers said she was fantastic, and if we want to get all meta about it, the only reason she couldn't airbend is because otherwise she'd be extremely overpowered.

Aw dammit! You're right. Aang is the better bender, at least from what we've seen. Well, I guess I'll just slip into the corner and cry over my defeat.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

@herokiller12344 said:

@herokiller12344 said:

I gotta tell you, I have honestly never put this much effort into the Battle Forums before. Anyway, I do disagree about toddler bending. Yeah, it was comic relief, but that shouldn't discount it. Even her teachers said she was fantastic, and if we want to get all meta about it, the only reason she couldn't airbend is because otherwise she'd be extremely overpowered.

Aw dammit! You're right. Aang is the better bender, at least from what we've seen. Well, I guess I'll just slip into the corner and cry over my defeat.

Well don't feel too bad, this could've ended up with us just insulting each other so there's that? :)

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texjones1993:

from what we've seen Aang bends a lot better then her usual hit and punch routine she usually does. Seasoned or not Aang is better at using the elements

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344:

Korra being unable to master all 4 elements had nothing to do with skill, airbending is spiritual and not practical, all airbenders where born with the ability to bend.

There is a massive gap in what would be considered master, Korra for instance beats 3 firebending masters at the start of LOK using just firebending.

Korra has never lost a straight up fight against another bender.

Example?

I addressed this earlier, LOK was a restricted setting but when out in the open ocean Korra is capable of creating a huge whirlpool without the avatar state. What your claiming is also pure speculation and if it where true then the fire nations bending would have been a lot weaker in Aangs era but it wasn't

Loading Video...

Korra is barely an air bender. Just because she can do some air punches and kicks, doesn't make her anywhere close to the level aang was

Considering Aang had it his entire life that's not really fair comparison and in her fight at the sounthern water tribe she used it to boost her movement and wrap someone in a blanket which is far more than what you claimed

Korra is hardly spiritual unlike aang, aang has much better control over the avatar state and is better connected with spirits. Aang can also take peoples bending away, Korra has only shown that she can give peoples bending back

This is terrible logic, that would be like me saying Aang has never turned into a blue giant without the avatar staee, I guess he can't despite the fact he has never had the opportunity.

Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang lol

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just want to bring up a few points. If we want to get into Aang is an Avatar prodigy Korra bent 3 of the 4 elements as a toddler with marginal skill and has only been training and honing those skills for over a decade. Aang has better air bending and can fly because he's been doing it all her life and Korra's personality directly goes against what air benders teach. Along with that her more extensive training is strengthened by the constant practice she undergoes when preparing for pro bending tournaments. Aang is obviously the better and faster learner here as he managed to master each of the elements so fast but I believe it also left large gaps in his education and he was lacking in a lot of area by the end of the series. Just before he goes to face Ozai Katara Zuko and Toph tell him he is far from mastering any of the other 3 elements. I believe Korra can take this due to her higher degree of skill her years spent training and her strengthened bending due to pro bending and aggressive nature that would drive her to win.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang was always a better avatar than korra was. Korra's avatar state was a chump.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By TheTruthIII
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

Korra being unable to master all 4 elements had nothing to do with skill, airbending is spiritual and not practical, all airbenders where born with the ability to bend.

How is Korra failure to learn airbending have nothing to do with skill? It has everything to do with skill. She couldn't learn airbending because she couldn't learn the basics, she lacked the skill to do so. Tenzin's kids showed us that what he was teaching worked, Korra didn't have the skill to learn airbending as quickly.

If airbending is spiritual, than all the elements should be considered spiritual. To learn the basics of an element, it was shown that the person should get into the right mindset to learn whether it be earth, Aang had to learn to get more aggressive to match the aggressive style of earthbending, or korra needed to be more calm and peaceful to match the passive style of airbending. Once the person learned the basics, they didn't need to be in the same mindset to bend that element. Why are you trying to make stuff up?

Airbending isn't practical? Lol. I shouldn't need to address this, it should be obvious enough.

There is a massive gap in what would be considered master, Korra for instance beats 3 firebending masters at the start of LOK using just firebending.

True, but considering that Aang was bending at a high level with all the elements, its still safe to say he mastered them.

Korra has never lost a straight up fight against another bender.

She got captured by metal benders, does that count? Or do we need to be more specific and make up certain circumstances to make Korra look good by pretending she has a spotless record? She's lost fights, I don't get why people need to pretend she has a spotless record; Aang isn't perfect either, heroes have to lose sometimes.

Example?

She has been manipulated by Unulaq and Tarrlok, granted it wasn't in a fight but she has been manipulated before and will probably still be easy to manipulate.

I addressed this earlier, LOK was a restricted setting but when out in the open ocean Korra is capable of creating a huge whirlpool without the avatar state.

Just because you addressed it doesn't make you more correct than me, you just said your opinion. Deranged Midget addressed your point as well in case you don't remember, and besides you're just exaggerating Korra's feat. She didn't create a huge whirlpool, she lifted herself up with the water vortex(I think thats what its called) and sent the water out in an attack.Its nothing new, she has done it before in the series, so has Amon. Even Tenzin did a vortex with airbending, but it doesn't the consistently weaker bending in the show. In case you don't remember what a whirlpool is, I provided a picture below.

What your claiming is also pure speculation and if it where true then the fire nations bending would have been a lot weaker in Aangs era but it wasn't

I am speculating, thats why I said its a theory. Fire benders didn't get weaker when they became less spiritual, they used anger as a replacement for their bending. Thats what happened to Zuko, its safe to say that happened to a lot of firebenders.

Considering Aang had it his entire life that's not really fair comparison and in her fight at the sounthern water tribe she used it to boost her movement and wrap someone in a blanket which is far more than what you claimed

Ok.........thats marginally better

This is terrible logic, that would be like me saying Aang has never turned into a blue giant without the avatar staee, I guess he can't despite the fact he has never had the opportunity.

I don't see how its terrible logic, Korra herself has even admitted that she is a spiritual failure. I don't get why you're arguing this, its a fact.

tylercollinsxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By tylercollinsxx

Wouldn't a more interesting comparison be Round 1: End of Season 1 Aang vs end of Season 1 Korra

Round 2: End of Season 2 Aang vs end of Season 2 Korra

Round 3: Aang only air bending vs Korra only water bending

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too soon. Aang for right now. But Korra is getting there.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

The picture looks nothing like a fight. It seems like something is going on.

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By D3MON

@petey_is_spidey said:

Aang stomps all rounds. First off, Korra doesn't even know airbending. Plus, she's not very good in the other elements either. Anyways, Aang has far more experience.

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blood Bending in round 2 and 3 makes this closer.

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang stomps he's shown far better mastery of the elements in most if not all his fights, even if every Avatar is supposed to be "equal".

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By silentbat

Korra is certainly more battle minded.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aang stomps. Better at bending and harder to hit.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aang. But is not avatar state supposed to get stronger over generations

Extremos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 :
For now, I'd say Aang. Korra might be better at water-bending & have advantage with the beach, but Aang is very agile and could easily dodge her attack.
Aang 7/10

Round 2 :
Not sure about who could win, but for what I see until now going with Aang. A blood-lusted Korra could put a good fight tough.
Aang 5.5/10

Round 3 :
Stalemate. The spirit of the Avatar is always the same.

F.Y.I : Saying that Korra is bad because it wasn't easy for her to learn air-bending doesn't make sens. Air-bending is about spirituality, you're born with it or no. That's why the Air nomad were all air-bender, due to their high spirituality.

blackcat_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Korra, she's not gonna hold back like Aang and this will give her the win.

Round 2: Hard to say but I'm leaning towards Aang, although we've never seen him blodlusted without the Avatar state he's fast enough to dodge some attacks and get some good hits in.

Round 3: Tie, for reasons already explained.

I think most of this "Aang curbstomp" bs is coming from peoples personal views of the characters and their respective shows.This fight is more even than people are giving credit for.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21:

How is Korra failure to learn airbending have nothing to do with skill? It has everything to do with skill

How can you compare someones spirituality with skill?

She got captured by metal benders, does that count?

No, being chased by multiple people does not count as a straight up fight.

but it doesn't the consistently weaker bending in the show.

Yes it does, the idea that the writers just decided everyone should be weaker is a concuction by those that are compltely bias in favour of the original cast.

In case you don't remember what a whirlpool is, I provided a picture below.

Does it matter what I called it, it was still an example of large scale bending when the setting allowed and required it.

I am speculating, thats why I said its a theory. Fire benders didn't get weaker when they became less spiritual, they used anger as a replacement for their bending. Thats what happened to Zuko,

Whether it's a theory or not isn't the point it was concoted as a to try and say benders are weaker, it also wouldn't make sense since Zukos bending got better the calmer he became as a character.

its safe to say that happened to a lot of firebenders.

No it's not, it would assume that everyone in the fire nation was crazy or angry when they weren't. The simplest answer is most often the right one, bending is as strong as the setting will allow.

Korra herself has even admitted that she is a spiritual failure.

An over exaggeration nand again no examples to say she can't, I guess Aang was just incapable of learning metal bending despite having 50+ years to learn from the teacher that lived nearby. It also showcases how fast Korra actually masters the physical side.

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang all rounds since by feats he stomps Korra. People are taking this Morals On thing to the extreme. Aang isn't freaking Superman, he's just gonna do what he did to Ozai. Also by the EoS Aang had no problem beating the crap out of someone, he just didn't want to KILL anyone and all you Korra fanboys seem to be talking this to the extreme.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Aang would win. You don't really think about it outside the show, but Aang is a 12 year old kid. Most people don't think he's a threat until he beats the snot out of them. Aang might not be aggressive, but he is certainly more powerful. By using only air bending he was able to stalemate Bumi, the most powerful earth bender on the planet at the time. Korra was beaten by some thugs in electic suits. Aang is definitely the better avatar.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 the_stegman  Moderator

Aang for the first two rounds after a hard fight. Round three is a tie.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Dextersinister

@justsomerandomkid: Who said any of us are fanboys, I just have a habit of debating in threads where fanboys debate against logic. Alhough I don't know why when it's very hard to get through to Joker, Storm, game and now LOA fans. That Gaara vs Toph thread is a beyond salvation.

Actually watch the fights. Aang spends most of his time running from Ozai, running from Jet, running from Azula in Bomis kingdom, running from Zuko.

Fanboys assume that characters need to be unbeatable in a fight to be a good character, fans realize that it isn't always about being a good fighter, Aang was not ment to be a warrior.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is an old post but what the actual shit?

Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

If you have a reason to think Aang could beat Korra, please state it.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By DeathHero61
@dextersinister said:

@justsomerandomkid: Who said any of us are fanboys, I just have a habit of debating in threads where fanboys debate against logic. Alhough I don't know why when it's very hard to get through to Joker, Storm, game and now LOA fans. That Gaara vs Toph thread is a beyond salvation.

Actually watch the fights. Aang spends most of his time running from Ozai, running from Jet, running from Azula in Bomis kingdom, running from Zuko.

Fanboys assume that characters need to be unbeatable in a fight to be a good character, fans realize that it isn't always about being a good fighter, Aang was not ment to be a warrior.

When you are fighting the strongest benders in the world that's kind of a good reason to run. Azula managed to hold off, Zuko, toph, aang and katara easily, managed to take down the kyoushi warriors, and gave aang trouble ever since they first met. Ozai was heavily amped and was far more powerful than current korra is to this day. Aang was running because at the time he was facing a battle against himself. Aang is essentially superman and goku in a 12 year old body. He has limits. And he works on these limits, korra was a slacker and was a horrible avatar. Aang was frozen for 100s of years, just because he was too scared to face his job as the avatar. He finally did and he was scared of facing the firelord. Big deal. He knew what he had to do and fought and beat ozai. Aang is still a beast at all elements, far better than korra ever was.Korra was spoiled, had everything hand given to her and her fighting style is incredibly simple. She did what she wanted to do. Aang always trained. A large portion of his journey and hobbies was training. Korra goes on dates and has relationship issues.

Korra gets beat by thugs. And even though aang was not meant to be a warrior he proved otherwise by maintaining balance between the worlds even a nation that was filled with corruption at an attempt to take over the world. What has korra truly achieved in comparison to Aang?Aang is a good character. He ran away from his destiny and his journey was to learn what his destiny was in the first place and why he must embrace it. Korra's character is to always make mistakes, her decisions and thoughts affecting the people around her. She is meant to be a warrior not the bringer of peace. That is the ultimate difference between aang and korra in terms of character.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:

@herokiller12344 said:

If you have a reason to think Aang could beat Korra, please state it.

Far more experience, far more skilled, and is far better avatar than korra ever was.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to know how Aang would react if korra used spirit bending on him.

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Aang will just take Korras bending away. He only showed her how to restore bending. And it has never been hinted, suggested, or even shown that she can take away bending.

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Aang will just take Korras bending away. He only showed her how to restore bending. And it has never been hinted, suggested, or even shown that she can take away bending.

@blackcat_kitty said:

Round 1: Korra, she's not gonna hold back like Aang and this will give her the win.

Round 2: Hard to say but I'm leaning towards Aang, although we've never seen him blodlusted without the Avatar state he's fast enough to dodge some attacks and get some good hits in.

Round 3: Tie, for reasons already explained.

I think most of this "Aang curbstomp" bs is coming from peoples personal views of the characters and their respective shows.This fight is more even than people are giving credit for.

1. Lies. Remember when aang beat general zhou? Aang has shown multiple times that being more aggressive in a fight is not always the best course of action against an air bender, who thrives in fighting passively.

And oh stop with this "Its not the original so we must give it more credit than it is due " bs. You are not specifically stating but I am directing it more towards everyone in this thread, who cannot wrap their head around the concept that some people genuinely believe aang can stomp her, despite bias. I am not even saying aang could. But people acting like they are all up in peoples heads and can read minds are a little frustrating.

AseanCN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang