Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1 higherpower  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Vs

No Caption Provided

Round 1: Random encounter, no prep, morals on

Round 2: Bloodlusted, Aang gets Avatar

Round 3: Same as 2 but Aang gets help from Ozai, (Sozins comet) and Gon gets Killua

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Gon one shots in 1 and 2. Killua blitzes in 3.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Without speed equalized gon stomps, and round 3 Killua solos.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: @life_without_progress: Comic Aang could stomp Gon round 1 and 2. Current Gon can't use nen and without it he wouldn't be able to oneshot Aang. Aang is city level in DC and at least Hypersonic+ in speed so he isn't getting blitzed by Gon here.

If this were Chimera Ant arc Gon he'd probably win more often than not due to his nen attacks only really losing if Aang decided to start off every match in Avatar State. Adult Gon would beat Aang 10/10.

Killua however does solo round 3 with godspeed.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: never read the avatar comics so can you show me these hs+ and city level feats because this never happened in the show.

I thought it was obvious it was gon with nen, until you show me speed feats from the comics that show hs+ he gets blitzed and one shot from the multitonner that is gon freecs even in avatar state.

nobunaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gon both rounds, round 3 Killua solos.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: Actually the speed feats do come from the show. First he scales to Korra who could react to a bomb exploding in her face.

No Caption Provided

This was calced at mach 3 though I can't find the calc right now. He also could react to lightning bending which was calced at mach 12. Here's my calc of it which is based on another calc that uses more finite numbers. That calc isn't working on my computer so whatever.

So most of the time in Avatar we see the world as it is seen by the people within which is in slower motion than things really appear. This is shown by the fact that the characters perception often goes against real world perceptions which are sometimes shown slightly later.

In these we see the characters react to explosions. Yet we also get an interesting correlation as we see how fast the explosion is moving for the heroes to react and how fast it is moving in actuality which is much faster.

With this we now can look at how fast lightning is in an actual real perspective.

No Caption Provided

Here we see the lightning shooting past a mountain range and into the sky. Now the minimum mountain height is 1,000 ft. but as seen in the picture below these mountains are much bigger than the smaller ones at least 3-4 times their size.

No Caption Provided

Overall these mountains are at least 3,000 feet tall and the distance between the edge of the mountains and the edge of the screen is slightly greater than the size of the mountains (3,000+ feet). So the lightning moves approximately 6,000 feet in this scan. So after looking at this I checked the amount of frames it took for the mountain to touch the sky. It took in total 9 frames. Now this scene has a frame rate of 25 frames per second which means the lightning moved 6,000 feet in 9/25 of a second. This is aproximately 16,667.67 feet per second or mach 14.9. Now this is based off of estimates and has room for error, the mathematical estimate you can find here comes to about mach 12.3 so slightly less than mine. Obviously this isn't lightning speed but it is highly hypersonic.

Anyways their are some high DC feats in the show as well. But most of these are for other Avatars. Kyoshi, Roku, Korra, etc. In the comics Aang starts to get his own insane feats.

Creates a trench around a city
Creates a trench around a city
Cracks a mountain in half
Cracks a mountain in half
Earth Golem

Also Aang has taken hits from multi tonners before. So I doubt Gon would oneshot with a regular punch. He could definitely do it with a jajanken.

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StarDance

Avatar characters are hypersonic now? Interesting, never knew that, might put them against pre time skip Straw Hats

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Gon is depowered he splatters Aang.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nomar

@stardance said:

Avatar characters are hypersonic now? Interesting, never knew that, might put them against pre time skip Straw Hats

They aren't and most of the feats they try to use for the case have been debunked. They are aware they have been debunked but keep posting them. Anybody who believes anybody from Avatar is hypersonic is not worth debating. They are on a foundation of lies.

If something is truly a certain speed. You wouldn't have to question it at all, nor would it require digging hard for feats. Speed is not something Avatarverse can boast about. I mean look what the guy above tried to call a mountain busting feat. Lol.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gon

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Amendment50

@nomar said:

@stardance said:

I mean look what the guy above tried to call a mountain busting feat. Lol.

Dude. He didn't call it a mountain busting feat. He said Aang cracked a mountain in half. Which he literally did on panel right there. There was a giant fissure splitting all the way down the middle of a mountain. What could your objection possibly be to that characterization of that feat.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think an Avatar character has ever won a cross-universe matchup in the history of CV. I swear people think they're low street level at best. You could match AS Aang against Bob Agent of Hydra and he would still lose.

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StarDance

I didn't see a mountain getting cracked in half, I saw the top of it getting cracked and rocks falling down...

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stardance: What do you call this? The fissure spans the whole mountain.

No Caption Provided

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: you can't scale aang to Korra because you have nothing to go off of

Web don't believe in fan calcs especially ones done off of God damn frames per second.

Creating a trench around a city doesn't place him at city level, destroying a city does.

Mounting feat is cool but has gives him no advantage here.

Aang has never took punches from someone his is a multi tonner by strength only people who are multi tonners by bending, gon punched a chimera ant to another country. Aang gets one shot

Aang never moves anywhere near hs+ never once in the entire show, and gets tagged by things way slower than hs+ multiple times.

Gon blitzes and tears him in half with a jajenken that can punch more durable people into a whole nother country.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: because they always put them against characters with tremendous speed and strength advantages.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: Everyone has a "tremendous" speed and strength advantage if you ignore every good feat from the Avatar verse. I'm not saying Aang wins here as I don't know anything about HxH but Avatar lowballing is pretty blatant on CV sometimes.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Skrskr

@god_vulcan: no aang can't control lightning, and Killua doesn't really throw lightning when he's in God speed

It just makes him stupidly faster than he already was and killua is a multi tonner in raw strength and can augment his hands to make them sharper than knives, he could cleave through bullet proof monsters like a hot knive through butter.

https://youtu.be/riulLdJzjKk

You get a good speed showing from killua in the beginning, keep in mind these versions of gon and killua are EXTREMELY weaker than the ones in this op.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: you are right on the blatant avatar lowballing, but I mean aang has one explosion reaction scene and then never operates at that speed again like ever..it's hard to make an argument that he won't get blitzed by speedsters that operate on that level of speed all the time.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 higherpower  Moderator

@skrskr: Didn't he strike youpi with a lightning bolt to run him and then use God speed?

Yea I know Killua is crazy fast

I tried to change the op from Ozai to Korra but comic vine won't let me so just assume round 3 is updated

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr said:

you can't scale aang to Korra because you have nothing to go off of

I would say they are two extremely comparable characters. They have most of the same abilities, they are both high tier in thier verse, etc. Nothing points to Korra being somehow massively faster than Aang. Not to mention Aang has reacted to explosions before himself.

No Caption Provided

Web don't believe in fan calcs especially ones done off of God damn frames per second.

Using calcs isn't really looked down upon as long as you can back them up as far as I know. Especially speed calcs which are some of the easiest things to calc. I see calcs used on here somewhat frequently. Also even without frames per second, which isn't really needed except to get a more precise number for the amount of time passing, the lightning crosses around 6,000 feet in half a second at best. This would be a little over mach 10.5. Even if we scaled it down to a full second it would still be a feat over mach 5. Any way you look at it lightning in the verse is hypersonic which makes sense considering people who should logically be around Aang's level casually react to supersonic attacks. Not to mention Iroh reacting to natural lightning.

Creating a trench around a city doesn't place him at city level, destroying a city does.

City level not city busting which is the highest form of city level. City level just means you can create enough damage to effect an entire city.

Mounting feat is cool but has gives him no advantage here.

Aang has never took punches from someone his is a multi tonner by strength only people who are multi tonners by bending,

He actually has. He's tanked hits from Hei Bai who could oneshot small buildings

No Caption Provided

As well as from Huu who could smash tanks and Knock tanks over 100 yards away

No Caption Provided

He's also tanked explosions and has been hit through stone walls.

gon punched a chimera ant to another country. Aang gets one shot

I already said Gon could one shot him with Jajanken but they take a while to charge up.

Aang never moves anywhere near hs+ never once in the entire show, and gets tagged by things way slower than hs+ multiple times.

What things do you think he has been tagged by that he shouldn't have been?

Gon blitzes and tears him in half with a jajenken that can punch more durable people into a whole nother country.

I can't really see Aang being blitzed with the speed feats he has but I'm willing to be proven wrong so i'll await your reply.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thebuckaronatr

@amendment50 said:

@skrskr: Everyone has a "tremendous" speed and strength advantage if you ignore every good feat from the Avatar verse. I'm not saying Aang wins here as I don't know anything about HxH but Avatar lowballing is pretty blatant on CV sometimes.

Aang cant win against Gon with Nen, but i agree with that. And he would loose without Nen.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: except Korra has like 6 years on aang to be better in physical aspects, even then she's gotten mahnandled by chi blockers early in the show who are regular humans no where near hs.

When hei bei hit aang the one time he did aang flew like a house away, no where near Gons striking level.

Huu wasn't trying to kill the kids he was trying to scare them out of the swamp, unless you are saying aang is more durable than a fire nation tank? Because he smashed that one.

Gon one shots him with a punch doesn't need jajenken.

With his one speed feat?

So is azula hypersonic in combat? Are Katara and Toph hypersonic? Jesus man

I don't even have to post scans because your logic is so faulty

So to you aang more durable than a fire nation tank and benders are hypersonic lol

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: he's more like a massive tazer he doesn't really shoot it out, tbh if you equalized speed then it would be way more debatable.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr:

except Korra has like 6 years on aang to be better in physical aspects, even then she's gotten mahnandled by chi blockers early in the show who are regular humans no where near hs.

This shouldn't be too much of a problem Aang already was shown to be equal with people physically more mature than he was like Ozai. I don't think their is any reason for Korra to be above Aang unless you think LoK characters are just above ATLA characters in general for some reason. Besides Aang in Avatar State was outspeeding Ozai who Iroh wasn't sure if he could beat and Iroh reacted to natural light. As for the chi blockers thing Krillin was recently tagged and hurt by a bullet so I guess he's street level right? Everyone has low showings it doesn't detract from thier high showings. The fact that a normal (as far as the Avatarverse is concerned) person can tag Korra doesn't mean Korra can't react to explosions.

When hei bei hit aang the one time he did aang flew like a house away, no where near Gons striking level.

Aang was hit by someone who could one shot buildings and wasn't even Ko'ed this doesn't even take into account shields. Has Gon with regular punches ever oneshotted a building?

Huu wasn't trying to kill the kids he was trying to scare them out of the swamp, unless you are saying aang is more durable than a fire nation tank? Because he smashed that one.

While I agree Huu wasn't going all out he did constantly hit Aang hundreds of feet away.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gon one shots him with a punch doesn't need jajenken.

With his one speed feat?

Aang has many speed feats though I posted his explosive timing and while I haven't exactly posted it I have hinted at him being able to react to lightning bending.

No Caption Provided

So is azula hypersonic in combat? Are Katara and Toph hypersonic? Jesus man

Azula is definitely hypersonic in reaction she already reacted to lightning bending.

No Caption Provided

Not to mention casually dancing possibly even blitzing around Ty Lee and Suki

No Caption Provided

Katara and Toph should be close though they could be high super sonic.

I don't even have to post scans because your logic is so faulty

So to you aang more durable than a fire nation tank and benders are hypersonic lol

High Tier Benders are hypersonic in reaction speed and Aang should have small building level durability. But if we ignore the numerous lightning bending timing, multiple accounts of explosive timing, and Iroh's natural lightning timing feats then yeah they are probably just peak human in speed. But if we look at the feats it's obvious they are above that.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: But I listed mutliple feats of characters reacting to super sonic and hypersonic attacks even weak characters like Sokka are peak human in terms of reaction.

Unless you're talking about the Iroh feat which is possibly an outlier but Iroh doesn't have many feats. I typically don't scale characters to it which is why I say they are hypersonic and not massively hypersonic. Either way I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 higherpower  Moderator

Bump

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@skrskr said:

@americanspeeddemon: you obviously don't know what outlier is, have a good one man.

You kidding me? Avatar characters react to these stuff all the time. Only people that ever "threaten" them with actual non-bending projectiles are marksemen like Mai (who is at least Bullseye level) and Yuyan Archers, basically large groups of people that can pinopint a fly without killing it from some hundred of yards away. And even they stand as low tiers in the Avatarverse. Other than that, there's no way to measure kinetic energy like bending and you should take into account stuff like emotions, scaling and sometimes even plot.

As for Aang, he casually outspeeds Zuko who has replicated all of Korra's feats if that's your problem.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

This lol I don't want to debate against someone I don't know but that's plain obvious. Not sure if the characters are hypersonic, but they are easily superhuman and probably above sonic in reaction speed wether or not people like it.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I can accept that, the thing I can't accept is characters being casually hypersonic+ in combat or even travel speed when anyone who watched avatar knows that isn't true.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@skrskr said:

@anthp2000: I can accept that, the thing I can't accept is characters being casually hypersonic+ in combat or even travel speed when anyone who watched avatar knows that isn't true.

Nobody said they are "casually" hypersonic in combat or travel speed. Reaction speed is another thing.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: not getting blitzed by gon is saying his combat speed is that high, with just reaction speed he could react to the first punch but what about the flurry after that? Not getting blitzed means he has to operate at that level of speed at all times in the fight.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Gon?

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: 16 tonner before he got nen via the testing gate, he never went back to the testing gate after he got nen but Killua did (killua is basically Gons vegeta and while gon is physically stronger killua is faster and more skilled but more so they are on par with each other then not) when killua returned after learning nen he was a 64 tonner keep in mind gon is physically stronger.

I'm on my phone so kind of hard for me to get scans right now.

Gon punched a chimera ant to another country

Gon has been fte at the the start of the show and only got faster and faster, there is a link of a speed feat for killua when they first get nen that would be extremely easy for gon to replicate it is higher up in this thread.

Casually ran 50 miles in the first part of the hunter exam and then ran and unknown length right after that through swamp lands.

And he wields a powerful energy that he can use it a numerous amount of ways like making himself undetectable, protecting his body which has allowed him to tank explosions, he can shoot it at people or charge it in his fist for his signature jajenken which is what he used to punch someone a country away.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: Thanks for that info man, I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to this. It seems like a really god fight, with Gon apparently having the physical advantage while Aang seems to have the ranged advantage, and possibly more versatile abilities, but each is a good match for the other, I think.

I suppose if they entered into close combat then Gon would have the edge, despite Aang's agility and reaction speed making him a hard target to hit. Aang doesn't often fight people melee style, but he does fight quite close up a lot of the time, and his level bending sort of lends itself to mid-distance, so it's likely enough that Gon would get withing punching's reach. I'm not sure about their firepower, it seems pretty even, but I'm just not familiar enough with Gon to say. The Avatar state would be an obvious aid to Aang but given Gon's punching feats and the Avatar state's lack of serious physical boosting it might not end up saving him. I guess I can see this going either way, but again, I'm no Gon expert.

Raikage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: it's not an outlier if he's consistently doing things on that caliber lol.

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr said:

Without speed equalized gon stomps, and round 3 Killua solos.

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wank more avatar fanbois gon solo both round

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The speed of the Avatar Verse is typically underrated on comicvine, but they are not even close to hypersonic.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheBooyZz

@morbusgrav said:

The speed of the Avatar Verse is typically underrated on comicvine, but they are not even close to hypersonic.

You sure?

No Caption Provided

Something important to note: CM's attack has a reputation for being low hypersonic (around 5-10,000 mph)

Something even more important to note: Look at their surroundings:

No Caption Provided

Aang is like an ant when compared to those pillars, but he went into the air so high and so fast, that those pillars became ants to him.

Anyways, like i've said, CM's attacks are accepted to be around 5-10,000 mph, Aang is quite obviously and visibly 2-3 times faster than that measly combustion. This would put Aang's traveling speed at around 25,000 mph LEAPING (before someone tries to rant, consider the fact that Aang was traveling upwards, not sideways, and not leaping consistently like the hulk. If his purpose had been acceleration over elevation THEN you could say that its not 25,000 mph BECAUSE HE'D BE ON A SLOPE)

No Caption Provided

"Lightning in ATLA isn't real"-an ignorant idiotic person, with idiotic and refutable beliefs

This WAS never hinted at, this HAS never been hinted at, and this WILL never be hinted at. In fact, thanks to our two queens Korra and Kyoshi, we have enough proof to suggest the opposite of those false and childish beleifs.

Before I put the proof down, let's be clear on how this ignorant (emphasis on the "ignor" part) and rather annoying belief came to be:

People were taking stuff too seriously in an effort to discredit the speed, taking stuff as simple as the lightning not traveling upwards, or there not being sparks of fire after the lightning goes away, but the most compelling is how fast the lightning looks its going. Example:

No Caption Provided

These people will somehow come to the conclusion that the lightning travels slower than sound, based on how it looks its going, but they'll say, "oh, well he said he was going LS, and the creators hint at it so he is LS" Honey, if we were going to be petty towards everything, then it would be stupid to think that you just witnessed your fave character going "LS", IF HE WAS REALLY GOING LIGHTSPEED YOU WOULDN'T AND SHOULD'T HAVE SEEN HIM. Think about that. Furthermore, there are MANY things that play a role here, some good examples would be:

The budget

Who released it

The animation style in general

And since you want to use "looks" so much, Ozai's as tall as a freakin tree now:

No Caption Provided

Another important factor is date of release, back then, this quality was real good.

Anyways back to the other proofs that shatter your belief at it foundation:

Because The Legend of Korra has newer and cleaner animation we can clearly see that the lightning is as fast as real lightning.

NOTICE HOW THE CREATORS/ANIMATORS BARELY PUT THE LIGHTNING CLOSING THE DISTANCE
NOTICE HOW THE CREATORS/ANIMATORS BARELY PUT THE LIGHTNING CLOSING THE DISTANCE

For Kyoshi's piece, I'll put a quote, it's currently 2 AM, and I am tired. Dont be hatin'.

"She had never heard of Lightning bending, never been struct by it, but that was the only explanation for what she'd seen, cold-blue crackling zigzags running from his fingers into her body."

Something else, before the quote above it said that each drop of her blood (most likely a stretch, but even a couple of drops of blood would make this relevant) had been struct (or something) by a viper bat. This was in the same instance that she was struct, way before she even fell. Because of this we can assure everyone that the lightning in ATLA is real, otherwise, why in the world would the creators just have the random thought of "Oh yea, the lightning will be fake, it wont travel as fast as real lightning, we'll even have Zuko go to a mountain to insunuate that real lightning and bended lightning is the same speed"

HansTheReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang takes this fight mid difficulty killua is faster than gon and killua with godspeed can move 300mph you can highball it to him movin faster than 600mph but still doesnt counteract to aang literally redirecting lighting and before you hxh tards say it isnt real lighting thats like saying air isnt actually air and it has bee shown for iroh to redirect lighting and in legend of korra it is stated as lighting and characters using lighting to manufacture a machine and sure gon has more striking power but aang could make himself a rock suit to tank most of gon's attacks and aang is more agile since he can use airbending to evade most of gon's attacks and in the comics aang moved a city and cracked a mountain which makes his feats way better than gon's feats he sent a chimera ant far west but it takes time to charge up jaken and close up hits aang should be able to easily avoid with his reaction timing also aang has been shown to tank an attack and fly yards away and still be ok.Aang is just way more versatile has been in way more fights mroe experience aang takes this 6/10 gon takes it 4/10 but overall aang wins this fight

Avatar image for deactivated-5feaa59709606
deactivated-5feaa59709606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm People Think Aang Defeats Gon Than People Think Deku Defeats Aang Than People Think Gon Defeats Deku

No Caption Provided