Aang (Avatar) vs Storm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Sherlock
@azaritorrent: IDK about that he can compress it making it seriously hard and he still has the blood bending
Avatar image for death_from_above
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Slight:
give it a rest already 

aang wins
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By cascadeking09
@Death From Above: in the avatar state aang could win, but when has he ever had the air sucked out of him and used his airbending to suck it back in?
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aang when in whatever any state

too much power 

he hsnt had the air sucked out of him, he uses airbending to rapidly suck air back into his lungs, such as all the times he creates force winds with his lungs alone.

there is no aang could win. Aang wins period. He earth bends once and the  fight is over. Almost none of stroms attacks will effect aang or he has protection from the ones that can.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By cascadeking09
@Death From Above: but when did he use his bending to suck the air back in, i remeber water bein sucked out of people's lungs by katara but i dont remember aang doin the same with air?
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By FLCL1

aang avatar state=epic win for aang, i doubt she can hurt him in this state 

aang normal= storm curbstomp, there is multiple thing she can do to win

Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:
" @Death From Above: but when did he use his bending to suck the air back in, i remeber water bein sucked out of people's lungs by katara but i dont remember aang doin the same with air? "

the multiple times hes been tied up and unable to use his arms..he used air bending to suck air into his lungs and then release it..and either hits someone with an airball or uses his body like a jetpack and rushes into someone.
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aang normal = aang wins 

aang avatar state = aang stomps 

avatar state isnt anything but aangs power being extremely amped. It makes no sense to say he wins via avatar state but gets stomped without it.

like i said, one move (earth sinking) and aang wins.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By Precise
@Death From Above said:
"avatar state isnt anything but aangs power being extremely amped.
And gaining knowledge from all the avatars that had been before him which makes an extremely large difference.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By cascadeking09
@Death From Above said:

" @cascadeking09 said:

" @Death From Above: but when did he use his bending to suck the air back in, i remeber water bein sucked out of people's lungs by katara but i dont remember aang doin the same with air? "
the multiple times hes been tied up and unable to use his arms..he used air bending to suck air into his lungs and then release it..and either hits someone with an airball or uses his body like a jetpack and rushes into someone. "
i know he can bend air by bereathing, but he never had the air sucked out of his lungs before. i would like to see this, though. i dont c how he could use his breathe to bend air back into his lungs if he cant breathe.aang in the avatar state wins, in his normal state im not sure.
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09:
uh huh aang normal wins 

aang avatar state wins

right aang can at will airbend the air inside of his lungs but when someone is trying to steal it that ability magically disapears..yeah no dice 

I'm not about to sit here and keep saying earth bending..ground burial over and over again either. 

aang stomps this

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By cascadeking09
@Death From Above said:
"

@cascadeking09:
uh huh aang normal wins 

aang avatar state wins

right aang can at will airbend the air inside of his lungs but when someone is trying to steal it that ability magically disapears..yeah no dice 

I'm not about to sit here and keep saying earth bending..ground burial over and over again either. 

aang stomps this

"
look, im not sayin he cant do it, im just sayin it makes no since at all to say that he can make air go back into his lungs because he can push it out even when he cant breath and its never been shown that he can do this. ya dig?
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uh huh 

aang wins

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By cascadeking09
@Death From Above: dude, r u seriously gon start doin this again? im tryin to agree with u and u're still avoidin the fact that aang has never done that b4. is it not enough that aang could win in one scenario and storm could win in another? seriously ive never seen u in any thread makin a case for either side, any character u choose u always say stomps. just be real for once man.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Knightly1
@Death From Above said:
"

uh huh 

aang wins

"

Please dont ignore what he's saying. He's making a valid point that makes sense. I agree with you that Aang wins, but what he's saying has meaning.
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09:

and you're ignoring the fact that aang bends the air inside his lungs. Aaang has used airbending to suck air into his lungs and to expel lots of air from his lungs. It doesnt maytter if someone was sucking it out of him when he did it. He can at any moment use airbending to put air back into his lungs. This isnt a hard concept to understand.

will aang lose the power to sink storm underground when in normal state? no. So he wins. Will he lose the ability to create powerful shield from ice, fire, air, earth, crytals or whatever? no. Can aang bend the water in the air and create multiple spikes within seconds? yes. Can aang bend storms winds? Will aangs power to do all of those things be amped when in avatar state? yes

@OblivionKnight said:

"@Death From Above said:
"

uh huh 

aang wins

"
Please dont ignore what he's saying. He's making a valid point that makes sense. I agree with you that Aang wins, but what he's saying has meaning. "

ignore what?

the fact that aang bends the air inside his own body but for some odd reason he wont be able to bend it to keep storm from doing her thing. Right

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By FLCL1
@cascadeking09: @OblivionKnight:  

dont bother
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Knightly1
@Death From Above said:
"

@cascadeking09:

and you're ignoring the fact that aang bends the air inside his lungs. Aaang has used airbending to suck air into his lungs and to expel lots of air from his lungs. It doesnt maytter if someone was sucking it out of him when he did it. He can at any moment use airbending to put air back into his lungs. This isnt a hard concept to understand.

will aang lose the power to sink storm underground when in normal state? no. So he wins. Will he lose the ability to create powerful shield from ice, fire, air, earth, crytals or whatever? no. Can aang bend the water in the air and create multiple spikes within seconds? yes. Can aang bend storms winds? Will aangs power to do all of those things be amped when in avatar state? yes

@OblivionKnight said:

"@Death From Above said:
"

uh huh 

aang wins

"
Please dont ignore what he's saying. He's making a valid point that makes sense. I agree with you that Aang wins, but what he's saying has meaning. "

ignore what?

the fact that aang bends the air inside his own body but for some odd reason he wont be able to bend it to keep storm from doing her thing. Right

"
I mean don't ignore what he's saying. And has it really been seen that he can bend the air in his body? We know that he can take in a breath of air and expel it rapidly,but we have yet to actually see him bending air casually out of his body. It's kinda sematical what you mean when you say he bends air in his body. We just know he bends air, we havent seen how he would fair against someone taking away his air. It's never been shown in the series or implied.
@FLCL1 said:
" @cascadeking09:  @OblivionKnight:   dont bother "

To not bother is too easy. I feel as though I have to intervene. Thanks for the warning, but I will have to walk into this fire, and hopefully my suit of logic will protect me.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By cascadeking09
@FLCL1: i thought agreeing with him would help him admit to wat people can and cant do. i was wrong. even when u agree with him he still trys to argue.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By FLCL1
@OblivionKnight: gods speed lol 
@cascadeking09: they are called trolls
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OblivionKnight said:

"@Death From Above said:
"

@cascadeking09:

@OblivionKnight said:

"@Death From Above said:
"

uh huh 

aang wins

"

ignore what?

"
I mean don't ignore what he's saying. And has it really been seen that he can bend the air in his body? We know that he can take in a breath of air and expel it rapidly,but we have yet to actually see him bending air casually out of his body. It's kinda sematical what you mean when you say he bends air in his body. We just know he bends air, we havent seen how he would fair against someone taking away his air. It's never been shown in the series or implied.
@FLCL1 said:
" @cascadeking09:  @OblivionKnight:   dont bother "
To not bother is too easy. I feel as though I have to intervene. Thanks for the warning, but I will have to walk into this fire, and hopefully my suit of logic will protect me. "

wtf do you think him rapdily shooting enough air out of his body to send a person flying hundreds of feet back is? Or him falling into a booby trap and releasing air out of his mouth without inhaling with enough force and long enough to keep him from being impaled on spikes is? normal breathing? no it's airbending. Where do you think that air came from? a fart? no it came from his lungs. No it's called common sense when i say he bends the air in his body. If he suddenly without inhaling expels air from his lungs with extreme force then 2+2= 4 batman. It doesnt matter if no one has pulled air out of his body, because jesus christ HE HAS THE POWER TO BEND THE AIR IN HIS LUNGS. 

It would be doing me a great deal of typing with you not bothering. The only warning flcl1 has to offer is that i actually know what i'm talking about and people often get butthurt because of it. FLCL1 knows from experiance.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By FLCL1
@Death From Above:  " FLCL1 knows from experiance" first off its spelled experience , second no i dont
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FLCL1: 

you would know all about trolling seeing as you do enough of it.

@cascadeking09
said:
" @FLCL1: i thought agreeing with him would help him admit to wat people can and cant do. i was wrong. even when u agree with him he still trys to argue. "

i dont need you to admit anything to me. i know what storm and aang can do. i know that most of storm attacks aang has a counter for. I know all aang has to do is move his ffot and he can take storm out of this fight. i dont need you to patronize me, just so i'll go yes, storm can win if this happens. because she cant.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By FLCL1
@Death From Above:  

*facepalm*
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FLCL1:
*facepunch*
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#176  Edited By Son Of Storm
@FLCL1 said:
" @Death From Above:   *facepalm* "
LOL...
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#177  Edited By _Sojourn_
@Sherlock: First off...Aang can't use the Avatar state in this battle..yeah...that's out...and also, Aang never learned to Bloodbend, you can't just assume that he can...and plus...Aangs stamina is less than Storms...
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Slight:
yeah 

aang earth bends and pulls storm underground and then she dies 

/thread

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#179  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Death From Above said:
"

@Slight:
yeah 

/thread

"

That won't work.
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Son Of Storm said:
" @Death From Above said:
"

@Slight:
yeah 

/thread

"

That won't work. "

too bad it will
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By cascadeking09
@Death From Above said:
" @FLCL1: 

@cascadeking09
said:
" @FLCL1: i thought agreeing with him would help him admit to wat people can and cant do. i was wrong. even when u agree with him he still trys to argue. "
i dont need you to admit anything to me. i know what storm and aang can do. i know that most of storm attacks aang has a counter for. I know all aang has to do is move his ffot and he can take storm out of this fight. i dont need you to patronize me, just so i'll go yes, storm can win if this happens. because she cant. "
im not tryin to get to say storm wins. i could care less about who u think wins, i AGREE aang wins. all i was sayin is that aang is aang as never had air removed from his lungs and bended it back into his body. u cant say he's done somethin that he's never done. bending air with breath and bending oxygen back into his body after it has been sucked out of his lungs are too different things. and wat do u mean by move his ffot?
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By xmenfallen

storm win yah i know aang can redirect lightning but can he redirect numerous  lightning coming from different directions at once

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#183  Edited By rbysjti
@Death From Above said:
" @FLCL1: 

@cascadeking09
said:
i dont need you to admit anything to me. i know what storm and aang can do. i know that most of storm attacks aang has a counter for. I know all aang has to do is move his ffot and he can take storm out of this fight. i dont need you to patronize me, just so i'll go yes, storm can win if this happens. because she cant. "
i disagree with that. Storm's power is in cosmic scale. What's Aang's? Not even in global scale. and Storm has greater control on the elements.

Storm wins here.
Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xmenfallen said:
"storm win yah i know aang can redirect lightning but can he redirect numerous  lightning coming from different directions at once "

he doesnt need to 

uh air shields

fire shields 

earth shields 

water shields 

crystal shields 

what is strom going to do when anng drags her miles under ground 

what is she going to do when aang sends a water sharp enough to slice through steal at her face

whats storm going to do when aang starts fire bending lava and magma 

storm gets stomped out /thread

Death From Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09:
im not going to repeat myself again
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#186  Edited By lagoon_boy
People do know your not suppose to debate against rbystji?
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#187  Edited By rbysjti
@Death From Above said:
" @xmenfallen said:
"storm win yah i know aang can redirect lightning but can he redirect numerous  lightning coming from different directions at once "

he doesnt need to 

uh air shields

fire shields 

earth shields 

water shields 

crystal shields 

what is strom going to do when anng drags her miles under ground 

what is she going to do when aang sends a water sharp enough to slice through steal at her face

whats storm going to do when aang starts fire bending lava and magma 

storm gets stomped out /thread

"
Storm is faster than Storm so he can't bury Storm underground and Aang would regret if he would do that. The fury of Storm would come out.

Sorry but Storm can throw her ice needles through her winds. Besides, who would get hit first? a lightning strike is faster.

Storm will flashfreezes magma and lava.

Storm wins here.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Sherlock
@Slight said:
" @Sherlock: First off...Aang can't use the Avatar state in this battle..yeah...that's out...and also, Aang never learned to Bloodbend, you can't just assume that he can...and plus...Aangs stamina is less than Storms... "
First: where does it say Aang cant use the avatar state?
Second:If someone is capable of doing something then so is every other person who can do that sort of bending i dont think its much of a stretch to say Aang can blood bend in the Avatar state
Third:Where did you get that conclusion from?This is strictly a curiosity question

Now can anyone tell me how storm can win against someone who can rip the Fluids out of her body?@xmenfallen said:
" storm win yah i know aang can redirect lightning but can he redirect numerous  lightning coming from different directions at once "
And i suppose hes going to just stand there when she shoots lightning at him all "Oh pretty lights" and since when does storm just hit people with lightning first thing in a fight?
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Sherlock said:
" @Slight said:
" @Sherlock: First off...Aang can't use the Avatar state in this battle..yeah...that's out...and also, Aang never learned to Bloodbend, you can't just assume that he can...and plus...Aangs stamina is less than Storms... "
Second:If someone is capable of doing something then so is every other person who can do that sort of bending i dont think its much of a stretch to say Aang can blood bend in the Avatar state
Third:Where did you get that conclusion from?This is strictly a curiosity question

Now can anyone tell me how storm can win against someone who can rip the Fluids out of her body?@xmenfallen said:
" storm win yah i know aang can redirect lightning but can he redirect numerous  lightning coming from different directions at once "
And i suppose hes going to just stand there when she shoots lightning at him all "Oh pretty lights" and since when does storm just hit people with lightning first thing in a fight? "
 Bloodbending was invented by Hama and only taught to Katara. No other waterbender, or bender in general has knowledge of how to bloodbend..Unless Katara were to teach him it's not an option for Aang.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#190  Edited By InnerVenom123

Regular Aang < Storm

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@rbysjti: 
Storm is faster than Storm?....ohh really? :P

he can't bury Storm underground and Aang would regret if he would do that. The fury of Storm would come out.  

Not gonna do much good when she is dead.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Sherlock
@Lunacyde said:
" @Sherlock said:
" @Slight said:

And i suppose hes going to just stand there when she shoots lightning at him all "Oh pretty lights" and since when does storm just hit people with lightning first thing in a fight? "
 Bloodbending was invented by Hama and only taught to Katara. No other waterbender, or bender in general has knowledge of how to bloodbend..Unless Katara were to teach him it's not an option for Aang. "
Granted but he saw Katara and Hama doing it and im pretty sure Katara told him what it was so once again i dont think its much of a stretch to say he could do it in the Avatar state
jflash94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By jflash94

aang because he can take powers away if he has a stronger will
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@jflash94: That only works with  bending powers. He can't remove Storms mutant powers.
@Sherlock said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Sherlock said:
" @Slight said:

Bloodbending was invented by Hama and only taught to Katara. No other waterbender, or bender in general has knowledge of how to bloodbend..Unless Katara were to teach him it's not an option for Aang. "
Granted but he saw Katara and Hama doing it and im pretty sure Katara told him what it was so once again i dont think its much of a stretch to say he could do it in the Avatar state "

I am also rooting for Aang, I'm a HUGE Avatar fan, however I feel it needs to be represented correctly, I don't like misinformation. The Avatar State only gives him access to knowledge of past Avatars. Since none of the past Avatars ever had knowledge of bloodbending the Avatar State isn't going to help him here. I agree it's possible he could have picked up the basics from watching Hama and Katara, but in the show it is never even hinted at that he may have a clue how ot bloodbend so i don't think that there is any basis upon which to build an argument that he can bloodbend. The evidence just isn't there.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Sherlock
@Lunacyde: Ok thats fair i still think this is an Avatar state stomp though i just dont see any of storms offense doing anything to his like that

and another question why on earth would he want control in the Avatar State i think it knows what its doing pretty well
jflash94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By jflash94

cant he blood bend
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@jflash94: There is no proof in the show to ever base an argument upon that he can bloodbend.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Sherlock said:
" @Lunacyde: Ok thats fair i still think this is an Avatar state stomp though i just dont see any of storms offense doing anything to his like that  and another question why on earth would he want control in the Avatar State i think it knows what its doing pretty well "
In the show he always wanted control in the Avatar State so that he wouldn't hurt/kill people.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Sherlock
@Lunacyde said:
" @Sherlock said:
" @Lunacyde: Ok thats fair i still think this is an Avatar state stomp though i just dont see any of storms offense doing anything to his like that  and another question why on earth would he want control in the Avatar State i think it knows what its doing pretty well "
In the show he always wanted control in the Avatar State so that he wouldn't hurt/kill people. "
I know but still the Avatar State knew how to handle things pretty damn well
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Sherlock: Well yeah it's the combined knowledge of thousands of generations of past Avatars.