Aang (Avatar) vs Storm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn

Could Aang beat Storm in an all out battle ?

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Holacik

Aang would have to hit the Avatar state before she KO's him with lightning, so I'm thinking no.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By warlock360

Holacik says:

"Aang would have to hit the Avatar state before she KO's him with lightning, so I'm thinking no."
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Nighthunter

aren't fire benders supposed to be able to use the energy of a thunder?

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lady Tlieso

couldn't he just control the winds & water she was controlling? or just enclose her in the earth?

Morningstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Morningstar1

Ok So Aang is all Avatary and stuff but isnt storm a Omega Level Mutant. Even if she isnt one she would TOTALLY win.

Angelic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Angelic Reaper

I would say Storm

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Storm, easily.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By T.J. Magnum

storm, DUH

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

T.J. Magnum says:

"storm, DUH"

yeah, duh!

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Holacik

Nighthunter says:

"aren't fire benders supposed to be able to use the energy of a thunder?"

Lightning, and it's a really hard one to pull off. Now as I haven't seen much of season 3(so there's room for error) he hadn't even learned firebending yet, so I highly doubt he's popping out lightning anytime soon.

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Holacik

Lady Tlieso says:

"couldn't he just control the winds & water she was controlling? or just enclose her in the earth? "

It's possible but Storm probably starts of with Lightning to Ko him right off the bat. He'll be hit by that before she's encased. On the subject of who would control what, considershe could storm could hit with Hurricanes, tornadoes or hail, has Aang ever shown control to handle things like that.

HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HalJordan1986x

Hmmm i really dont know

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WARLOCK2792
HalJordan1986x said:
"Hmmm i really dont know"

You don't?  I'll explain it for ya then (LOL)

Storm has absolute dominance over all forms of weather, and her powers (and effectiveness) have done nothing but grow over the last couple of years.  Her manipulation over air pressure has (FINALLY) moved on to manipulating air in people's bodies, and even using air pressure to "pop" BP's inner eardrum.  Her powers work in the blink of an eye for instant Storms, and the only time that it takes longer is when she is using her powers for great feats.  She can make lightning come out of the sky even when it's clear, and has used weather to crush skrull warships with merely a gesture.  She can move as fast as the wind, and has even countered Polaris' magnetic abilities with her WINDS (He manipulates fire.....um.....yay?).  Using water and wind against her would be nothing short of stupid since she is stronger, wiser, and just more experienced then he is.  Power struggles are non-existent for the reasons previously mentioned.  I see her freezing him from the inside out, crushing him in air pressure, or just frying him. 
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HalJordan1986x
White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:

Storm has absolute dominance over all forms of weather, and her powers (and effectiveness) have done nothing but grow over the last couple of years.  Her manipulation over air pressure has (FINALLY) moved on to manipulating air in people's bodies, and even using air pressure to "pop" BP's inner eardrum.  Her powers work in the blink of an eye for instant Storms, and the only time that it takes longer is when she is using her powers for great feats.  She can make lightning come out of the sky even when it's clear, and has used weather to crush skrull warships with merely a gesture.  She can move as fast as the wind, and has even countered Polaris' magnetic abilities with her WINDS (He manipulates fire.....um.....yay?).  Using water and wind against her would be nothing short of stupid since she is stronger, wiser, and just more experienced then he is.  Power struggles are non-existent for the reasons previously mentioned.  I see her freezing him from the inside out, crushing him in air pressure, or just frying him. "
Storm has power of the weather
Aang has power over all elements though, water fire earth air which gives him a broader range of abilities then Storm
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WARLOCK2792
HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:

Storm has absolute dominance over all forms of weather, and her powers (and effectiveness) have done nothing but grow over the last couple of years.  Her manipulation over air pressure has (FINALLY) moved on to manipulating air in people's bodies, and even using air pressure to "pop" BP's inner eardrum.  Her powers work in the blink of an eye for instant Storms, and the only time that it takes longer is when she is using her powers for great feats.  She can make lightning come out of the sky even when it's clear, and has used weather to crush skrull warships with merely a gesture.  She can move as fast as the wind, and has even countered Polaris' magnetic abilities with her WINDS (He manipulates fire.....um.....yay?).  Using water and wind against her would be nothing short of stupid since she is stronger, wiser, and just more experienced then he is.  Power struggles are non-existent for the reasons previously mentioned.  I see her freezing him from the inside out, crushing him in air pressure, or just frying him. "
Aang has power over all elements though, water fire earth air which gives him a broader range of abilities then Storm"
Storm uses weather to the point where earth would be crushed by air, fire wouldn't work because of every form of moisture known to man, and speaking of every form of moisture known to man, someone who creates her extreme Rainfall by robbing surrounding areas of moisture really shouldn't have to worry about that.  Mist, floods, torrents, freezing rain, etc.  Storm has it all. 
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HalJordan1986x
White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:

Aang has power over all elements though, water fire earth air which gives him a broader range of abilities then Storm"
Storm uses weather to the point where earth would be crushed by air, fire wouldn't work because of every form of moisture known to man, and speaking of every form of moisture known to man, someone who creates her extreme Rainfall by robbing surrounding areas of moisture really shouldn't have to worry about that.  Mist, floods, torrents, freezing rain, etc.  Storm has it all. "
I dont think you have ever watched Avatar
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792
HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:

Storm uses weather to the point where earth would be crushed by air, fire wouldn't work because of every form of moisture known to man, and speaking of every form of moisture known to man, someone who creates her extreme Rainfall by robbing surrounding areas of moisture really shouldn't have to worry about that.  Mist, floods, torrents, freezing rain, etc.  Storm has it all. "
I dont think you have ever watched Avatar"
Admittedly, I'm not a fan.  I have however seen multiple fights online.  None of which are impressive enough, or fast enough to take out Storm IMO. 
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HalJordan1986x
White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:

Admittedly, I'm not a fan.  I have however seen multiple fights online.  None of which are impressive enough, or fast enough to take out Storm IMO. "
Im not declaring a winner yet
bloodmist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bloodmist
White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:

Admittedly, I'm not a fan.  I have however seen multiple fights online.  None of which are impressive enough, or fast enough to take out Storm IMO. "

Ummm....I can see him fighting storm just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd0lzyH5n2k
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WARLOCK2792
bloodmist said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd0lzyH5n2k"
Sure, he can fight her.  But she'll win.  It takes forever for him to tap into that avatar power of his. 
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Braise

Aang going avatar could defeat Storm. Aang has a more direct control over the elements, plus he could summon fire and manipulate earth, as well as redirect lightning. Not to mention he is also open to the knowledge of past avatars. As seen in that clip above, Aang in the Avatar state has actually managed to move oceans (or at least pull in the tide).

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Braise
White Mage said:
"bloodmist said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:

Sure, he can fight her.  But she'll win.  It takes forever for him to tap into that avatar power of his. "
 And I highly doubt Storm can create tornados and lightning storms in nanoseconds. Aang could conjure and manipulate fire, water, air, and earth instantaneously. I'm assuming both participants are at their best, so I'm assuming its Avatar Aang vs Bloodlusted Storm.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Braise said:
"White Mage said:
"bloodmist said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"White Mage said:
"HalJordan1986x said:

Sure, he can fight her.  But she'll win.  It takes forever for him to tap into that avatar power of his. "
 And I highly doubt Storm can create tornados and lightning storms in nanoseconds. Aang could conjure and manipulate fire, water, air, and earth instantaneously. I'm assuming both participants are at their best, so I'm assuming its Avatar Aang vs Bloodlusted Storm."

"Blink of an eye" and "with less than a concious thought" and "with a thought", have been used to describe how fast weather forms.  I could post scans for you if you'd like. 
bloodmist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bloodmist
White Mage said:
"Sure, he can fight her.  But she'll win.  It takes forever for him to tap into that avatar power of his."

1. I never said he would win.
2. If he goes avatar form she is dead.
3. In the video I posted he faught most of that fight without being in avatar form.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Braise
White Mage said:
"Blink of an eye" and "with less than a concious thought" and "with a thought", have been used to describe how fast weather forms.  I could post scans for you if you'd like. "

Please, go ahead. It doesn't defeat the fact that the Avatar, too, can summon tornados and high velocity winds at an instant, when in the avatar state. Add the abilities of fire conjuration and earth manip, and I think Aang has a chance at downing Storm.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WARLOCK2792
bloodmist said:
"White Mage said:
"Sure, he can fight her.  But she'll win.  It takes forever for him to tap into that avatar power of his."

1. I never said he would win.
2. If he goes avatar form she is dead.
3. In the video I posted he faught most of that fight without being in avatar form."

1. I never said that you said he would win.

2. IF he gets the chance.

3. Storm doesn't need the martial arts stuff.  She needs to think.

Braise said:
"Please, go ahead. It doesn't defeat the fact that the Avatar, too, can summon tornados and high velocity winds at an instant, when in the avatar state.

Nope, but then again, my posting pics of Storm wasn't ever supposed to prove that Avatar could do it too.  It was to prove that she can do it at a fairly instant level. 

Braise said:
 Add the abilities of fire conjuration and earth manip, and I think Aang has a chance at downing Storm."

You're missing my point.  I already said that she has more experience, and is wiser with her powers.  Fire, as I said before, should not be able to surpass her winds.  Earth, as I said before, can be taken out by Storm's other powers.  I have YET to see anyone unleash lightning as Storm has (can).  Keep in mind that we are talking about someone who Phoenix-level Jean has even acknowledged. 
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Braise
White Mage said:
Braise said:
"Please, go ahead. It doesn't defeat the fact that the Avatar, too, can summon tornados and high velocity winds at an instant, when in the avatar state.

Nope, but then again, my posting pics of Storm wasn't ever supposed to prove that Avatar could do it too.  It was to prove that she can do it at a fairly instant level. 
Post pics of Storm actually doing that. Only then will I change my opinion. You keep on bringing up the point that Storm could take out Aang before he goes Avatar, but Storm is still relatively human. In the couple of seconds it takes for her to create her lightning storms, she'll be full of 3rd degree burns or cut in pieces.

White Mage
said:
Braise said:
 Add the abilities of fire conjuration and earth manip, and I think Aang has a chance at downing Storm."
You're missing my point.  I already said that she has more experience, and is wiser with her powers.  Fire, as I said before, should not be able to surpass her winds.  Earth, as I said before, can be taken out by Storm's other powers.  I have YET to see anyone unleash lightning as Storm has (can).  Keep in mind that we are talking about someone who Phoenix-level Jean has even acknowledged. "
Experience is arguable. Aang at Avatar state is open to all the knowledge and experience of the past Avatars (which number in the thousands), and with that knowledge, control of his own powers. Aang can generate high velocity winds (like Storm) and manipulate water (kinda like Storm), but in addition to these abilities, he has his fire-bending and rock-bending abilities which would absolutely aid him in this fight. In addition to all of this, Aang has been shown to absorb and deflect lightning. Sure Storm has the potential to beat Aang, but I certainly do think Avatar Aang has the capability to defeat Storm as well. It could go either way, imo.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By King_Saturn
I forgot about this thread
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WARLOCK2792
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn
Its a Storm Scan Show  !
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792
King Saturn said:
"Its a Storm Scan Show  !
"

LOL
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
Show More Scans  !

lol
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WARLOCK2792
King Saturn said:
"Show More Scans  !

lol
"
LOL!  I will if neccessary. 

Also, let it be known (again) that I never said full avatar doesn't stand a chance at fighting Storm.  I just don't think he can last long enough to get to that state.  It seems as if he's always using elements and objects as projectiles. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
White Mage said:
"King Saturn said:
"Show More Scans  !

lol
"
LOL!  I will if neccessary. 

Also, let it be known (again) that I never said full avatar doesn't stand a chance at fighting Storm.  I just don't think he can last long enough to get to that state.  It seems as if he's always using elements and objects as projectiles. "
Ah Very Good Sir
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WARLOCK2792
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
Ah Thank You Sir
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Braise
White Mage said:
"Braise said:
"White Mage said:
Braise said:

Post pics of Storm actually doing that. Only then will I change my opinion. You keep on bringing up the point that Storm could take out Aang before he goes Avatar, but Storm is still relatively human. In the couple of seconds it takes for her to create her lightning storms, she'll be full of 3rd degree burns or cut in pieces.

White Mage
said:
Braise said:
You're missing my point.  I already said that she has more experience, and is wiser with her powers.  Fire, as I said before, should not be able to surpass her winds.  Earth, as I said before, can be taken out by Storm's other powers.  I have YET to see anyone unleash lightning as Storm has (can).  Keep in mind that we are talking about someone who Phoenix-level Jean has even acknowledged. "
Experience is arguable. Aang at Avatar state is open to all the knowledge and experience of the past Avatars (which number in the thousands), and with that knowledge, control of his own powers. Aang can generate high velocity winds (like Storm) and manipulate water (kinda like Storm), but in addition to these abilities, he has his fire-bending and rock-bending abilities which would absolutely aid him in this fight. In addition to all of this, Aang has been shown to absorb and deflect lightning. Sure Storm has the potential to beat Aang, but I certainly do think Avatar Aang has the capability to defeat Storm as well. It could go either way, imo."

Anywho, here are some scans.  I have more if needed.  Just let me know.

Damn you and your sarcasm! Yeah, the scan describing her conjuring the storm in a "literal blink of an eye" pretty much does it... but the Avatar can react faster than average human reflexes! Ha! Meh. My point still stands, though; at the Avatar's best, I think he can hold his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9yqNYtaVpw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyolztwkvnY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0HxIZ63M74
Avatar image for olly_smokes_weed_4_lyfe
olly_smokes_weed_4_lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang in the Avatar state would give Storm hell

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Scourge
Nice scans White Mage
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Fresh Prince said:
"Nice scans White Mage
"

Thank you.

olly_smokes_weed_4_lyfe said:
"Aang in the Avatar state would give Storm hell"

Agreed.

Braise said:
"White Mage said:
"Braise said:
"White Mage said:
Braise said:

White Mage
said:
Braise said:
Experience is arguable. Aang at Avatar state is open to all the knowledge and experience of the past Avatars (which number in the thousands), and with that knowledge, control of his own powers. Aang can generate high velocity winds (like Storm) and manipulate water (kinda like Storm), but in addition to these abilities, he has his fire-bending and rock-bending abilities which would absolutely aid him in this fight. In addition to all of this, Aang has been shown to absorb and deflect lightning. Sure Storm has the potential to beat Aang, but I certainly do think Avatar Aang has the capability to defeat Storm as well. It could go either way, imo."

Anywho, here are some scans.  I have more if needed.  Just let me know.

Damn you and your sarcasm! Yeah, the scan describing her conjuring the storm in a "literal blink of an eye" pretty much does it... but the Avatar can react faster than average human reflexes! Ha! Meh. My point still stands, though; at the Avatar's best, I think he can hold his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9yqNYtaVpw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyolztwkvnY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0HxIZ63M74"

LOL

I agree.  At his best, avatar is a match for Storm.  But for the time it takes for him to get there, Storm could make her move, whether it's inside of him, or outside of him.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By Precise
White Mage said:
"I agree.  At his best, avatar is a match for Storm.  But for the time it takes for him to get there, Storm could make her move, whether it's inside of him, or outside of him."
I agree, If this battle is 'in character' then Aang won't go full out on Storm from the start so that gives Storm plenty of time to take the win.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Precise said:
"White Mage said:
"I agree.  At his best, avatar is a match for Storm.  But for the time it takes for him to get there, Storm could make her move, whether it's inside of him, or outside of him."
I agree, If this battle is 'in character' then Aang won't go full out on Storm from the start so that gives Storm plenty of time to take the win."
It's not in Storms character to do so either. They would both fight a while before either one really got deadly.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By Strafe Prower

Storm.

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SwaggaB0y

Storm would win this battle.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By Strafe Prower

Couldn't Storm do what Azula did to him in Avatar state?

Teen Manatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Teen Manatee

Storm is more experienced.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Lunacyde said:
"Precise said:
"White Mage said:
I agree, If this battle is 'in character' then Aang won't go full out on Storm from the start so that gives Storm plenty of time to take the win."
It's not in Storms character to do so either. They would both fight a while before either one really got deadly."
It actually depends.  She has gotten frustrated right at the start before.  If it were in character, it wouldn't take long before she started getting pissed off that someone is using "her" weather against her.  She's possessive like that.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Strafe Prower said:
" Couldn't Storm do what Azula did to him in Avatar state? "
That was before Zuko taught Aang how to redirect lightning :)