Aang & Azula vs Katara & Toph (All Book 2)

• 50 results
Smoke-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Smoke-W

Aang & Azula

No Caption Provided

Katara & Toph

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Book 2 versions
  • No avatar state
  • Win by KO or Death
  • Start 20 ft apart

Round 1: Moral on

Round 2: Moral off

Fight takes place in Avatar Korra park

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 anthp2000  Moderator
Smoke-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@smoke-w:
R1: Book 2 Aang is a horrible fighter morals on. He loses to anyone here even if Azula can stalemate either, while either of them are willing to beat Azula, so they'll fight.
R2: Team 1. Aang is the freakin' MVP.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Katara and Toph. Aang will be unwilling to take advantage of Tophs weakness to him due to morals.

Round 2: Aang destroys Toph and Katara is left 2v1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula and Aang definitely take round 2, morals off Aang is the worst opponent for Toph

Katara and Toph could possibly take round 1, but Aang's still an excellent counter for Toph

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't this been done already?

Snake-White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang is a horrible fighter morals on.

His morals didn't stop him to easily defeat many fire soldiers, earth soldiers and humiliate Zhao. Also beat Zuko every single time. Often in humiliating ways. And he beat Toph without trying in Book 2. She can't sense his movements once he's airborne.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snake-white:

His morals didn't stop him to easily defeat many fire soldiers, earth soldiers and humiliate Zhao. Also beat Zuko every single time. Often in humiliating ways

To be fair, everyone here has beaten Earth kingdom/ Fire nation fodder (who are by the way the worst fodder in the entire avatarverse), and everyone would humiliate season 1 Zuko and Zhao.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@snake-white said:
@anthp2000 said:

Aang is a horrible fighter morals on.

His morals didn't stop him to easily defeat many fire soldiers, earth soldiers and humiliate Zhao. Also beat Zuko every single time. Often in humiliating ways. And he beat Toph without trying in Book 2. She can't sense his movements once he's airborne.

His morals didn't stop him from losing to Azula 4 times (every single time they faught) who is as good of a figher as either Katara or Toph. That might sound like ABC logic but it makes perfect sense at least for Katara.
In a 1v1 fight, Toph would lose, but Katara's AoE attacks will make him visible since he has to dodge quickly all the time.
He beat Toph with BFR. He didn't KO her or anything. He will NOT unleash any attack that will KO anyone, and that alone makes him lose.

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deathstroke_50

Katara is MVP. Book 2 Aang got wrecked multiples by Azula, and water arms Katara beats Azula in the Catacombs.

Blackjax137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blackjax137
@deathstroke_50 said:

Katara is MVP. Book 2 Aang got wrecked multiples by Azula, and water arms Katara beats Azula in the Catacombs.

Azula consistently got the better of Book 2 Aang but he never really got wrecked by Azula cause he spent most of their battles in Book 2 successfully evading her and Katara isn't as agile as Azula.

In "Return to Omashu" Aang and Azula both was pretty much throw out some attacks that the other blocks and dodges.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In "The Chase", Aang (while sleep deprived) was still spending most of the time successfully evading around Azula and even weaved between her and Zuko at one point.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Until Azula beat a very exhausted Aang using the environment.

No Caption Provided

Aang was pretty evenly matched with her in "The Drill". The fight mostly consisted of Azula cancelling Aang's offense but Aang evading and defending Azula's attacks until Aang was knocked back because a charged fire blast was successfully blocked with earthbending.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Aang was getting K.O.'d (briefly) because Azula overpowered his earthbending with one powerful fireball, something Katara doesn't do regularly. Afterwards Aang still blocked her h2h attack through earthbending.

No Caption Provided

In "The Crossroads of Destiny" had Aang mostly evading and defending against Zuko until he was only temporarily knocked back by Zuko after his crystal earthbending blocked some charged fire blasts (all while not getting KO'd and not even suffering serious injury). Aang continued fighting against Zuko with no problems.

Then everyone switches places, with Aang taking on Azula. Aang got blasted back by Azula long enough for Katara to get double-teamed but he still wasn't getting KO'd even after that he got cheap shotted by a Dai Li.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-m-a9eZZac

@deathstroke_50 said:

water arms Katara beats Azula in the Catacombs.

@anthp2000 said:

His morals didn't stop him from losing to Azula (...) who is as good of a figher as either Katara or Toph. That might sound like ABC logic but it makes perfect sense at least for Katara.

ABC logic doesn't work against Aang. As for Azula vs Katara's water arms, Azula was standing there waiting for Katara. We've seen what Azula can do to dodge things like that in far worst situtions were she was in the middle of a 3 way battle or at the edge of a gondola against 2 other persons. She, just standing there in battle stance without doing nothing like her.

No Caption Provided

Anyway this isn't a problem for Aang. Zuko countered Katara with fire whips that clearly paralleled Katara's water arms. And Aang didn't have any significant difficulty dodging.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Smoke-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

Hasn't this been done already?

With versions Book 2? I don't think.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anthp2000  Moderator

@blackjax137

Azula consistently got the better of Book 2 Aang but he never really got wrecked by Azula cause he spent most of their battles in Book 2 successfully evading her and Katara isn't as agile as Azula.

She beat him all 4 times they faught. Aang was unable to block her pinwheel at Omashu and Bumi had to save him.

At the Chase, I give him being sleep deproved but he still lost.
At the drill, Azula KOed him for 25 seconds. But instead of killing him on the spot, she was enjoying the moment taking her time. She obviously won that fight.
She one shot him at the catacombs. He got KOed but the same thing happened. He got back up conscious after some time.
And do you even think that hew ould have beaten Zuko and Azula together even if the Dai Li interfered?

ABC logic doesn't work against Aang. As for Azula vs Katara's water arms, Azula was standing there waiting for Katara. We've seen what Azula can do to dodge things like that in far worst situtions were she was in the middle of a 3 way battle or at the edge of a gondola against 2 other persons. She, just standing there in battle stance without doing nothing like her.

Why doesn't it? Katara could have countered everything like Azula was doing. She may not be as agile, but first of all, she is pretty agile herself:

Loading Video...

And she has the power to shield against anything Aang did with her waterbending.
Yeah, I've been arguing for Katara beating Azula being PIS all the time for the exact same reason, but no one would listen. For me they stalemate, and that's good enough to beat Aang.

Anyway this isn't a problem for Aang. Zuko countered Katara with fire whips that clearly paralleled Katara's water arms. And Aang didn't have any significant difficulty dodging.

Who said that water arms would be the move that would beat Aang?
Aang WON'T try to KO Katara thus he cannot beat her. Thus she eventually wins.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph is the MVP here. Aang isn't Iroh/Ozai level as of Book 2.

Team 2 wins round 1 unquestionably, though I can see Team 1 winning the second if Aang has his pole, so he can abuse his flight to take advantage of Toph's weakness of being unable to sense attacks from above.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackjax137:

Azula has used defense in situations where she could've dodged. Just because she could've dodged the whips, doesn't mean she had to. She obviously though that her own fire plumes would be enough to contend with the whips and she thought wrong. She was standing in a battle stance getting ready to counter and her counter failed. It wasn't Azula standing doing nothing, it was Katara overpowering Azulas defense.

@anthp2000

Yeah, I've been arguing for Katara beating Azula being PIS all the time for the exact same reason, but no one would listen. For me they stalemate, and that's good enough to beat Aang.

Not really PIS considering that Katara beating Azula in the catacombs did not forward the plot in any way. You want true PIS? How about Mako beating Ming Hua? Or Korra beating Amon without Avatar state? Or Mako breaking out of Amons bloodbending hold even though he is not a water bender. Just Korra season 1 finale in general.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot:
Not really PIS considering that Katara beating Azula in the catacombs did not forward the plot in any way. You want true PIS? How about Mako beating Ming Hua? Or Korra beating Amon without Avatar state? Or Mako breaking out of Amons bloodbending hold even though he is not a water bender. Just Korra season 1 finale in general.

Doesn't really matter if it didn't affect the plot. It's someone losing to someone.
Ming had an obvious disadvantage. Wouldn't call that PIS. She already wrecked Mako when the environment wasn't against her.
Meeeh, the Amon fight was strong will and stuff. That's PIS. Yes.
I don't see why he wouldn't be able to. It didn't have to do with being a waterbender in Katara's situation. She just had plenty of chi under the full moon. Like firebenders under the comet. But yeah, it was PIS since he didn't have this kind of amp.
Maybe it wasn't PIS. Maybe it was just an amped Katara. Maybe it was Katara's environmental advantage at the moment. Maybe it was Azula being tired and all. But it isn't any kind of evidence that Katara>Azula IMO. They're still pretty even in my head. But I guess we agree to disagree here.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Maybe it wasn't PIS. Maybe it was just an amped Katara. Maybe it was Katara's environmental advantage at the moment. Maybe it was Azula being tired and all. But it isn't any kind of evidence that Katara>Azula IMO. They're still pretty even in my head. But I guess we agree to disagree here

Katara wasn't amped. Catacombs is a neutral environment. Of course Katara needs a reasonable water supply to do anything. Why would Azula be more tired than Katara? Id say Katara beating Azula is pretty good evidence for Katara>Azula. The gap is small regardless though imo, I'd say it's more like Katara>=Azula.

Doesn't really matter if it didn't affect the plot.

Then it isn't PIS.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000:

Maybe it wasn't PIS. Maybe it was just an amped Katara. Maybe it was Katara's environmental advantage at the moment. Maybe it was Azula being tired and all. But it isn't any kind of evidence that Katara>Azula IMO. They're still pretty even in my head. But I guess we agree to disagree here

Katara wasn't amped. Catacombs is a neutral environment. Of course Katara needs a reasonable water supply to do anything. Why would Azula be more tired than Katara? Id say Katara beating Azula is pretty good evidence for Katara>Azula. The gap is small regardless though imo, I'd say it's more like Katara>=Azula.

Then it isn't PIS.

That's the problem. You would say Katara>=Azula, and I would say Katara=Azula , however this fight suggests that Katara>>Azula with Azula unable to land a hit on Katara and getting ragdolled, which is really stupid, which is why I cannot take that fight as such evidence.
You can call it whatever you like but there was something wrong there.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arcus1

@vengefulshot said:

@anthp2000:

Then it isn't PIS.

That's the problem. You would say Katara>=Azula, and I would say Katara=Azula , however this fight suggests that Katara>>Azula with Azula unable to land a hit on Katara and getting ragdolled, which is really stupid, which is why I cannot take that fight as such evidence.

You can call it whatever you like but there was something wrong there.

What evidence is there to contradict it?

@vengefulshot:

Doesn't really matter if it didn't affect the plot. It's someone losing to someone.

Ming had an obvious disadvantage. Wouldn't call that PIS. She already wrecked Mako when the environment wasn't against her.

Meeeh, the Amon fight was strong will and stuff. That's PIS. Yes.

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to. It didn't have to do with being a waterbender in Katara's situation. She just had plenty of chi under the full moon. Like firebenders under the comet. But yeah, it was PIS since he didn't have this kind of amp.

Maybe it wasn't PIS. Maybe it was just an amped Katara. Maybe it was Katara's environmental advantage at the moment. Maybe it was Azula being tired and all. But it isn't any kind of evidence that Katara>Azula IMO. They're still pretty even in my head. But I guess we agree to disagree here.

Yes, it was because Katara was a waterbender. That's the only logical explanation. Her waterbending (bending) was able to overpower Hama's. Hence why Aang and Toph, both significantly stronger benders than Mako, were unable to break free from Yakone, and why Tenzin, Lin, Korra, Mako, and Bolin were all unable to break free from Tarrlok. It's all about waterbending

No Caption Provided

Azula tried blocking them, didn't work

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Perhaps Katara wasn't holding back as much as she normally does. Perhaps Azula underestimated her (which would be really stupid on Azulas part considering the power and skill behind Kataras first attack). Just because their external feats put them on a similar level doesn't mean they are equals in a fight. Katara has beaten Azula twice, and while she was insane one time she was also comet enhanced. I can only really draw one conclusion from that.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1

I'm just saying that based on the feats of this characters as well as where they stand in the verse, you'd expect this fight to not be a stomp.

Yes, it was because Katara was a waterbender. That's the only logical explanation. Her waterbending (bending) was able to overpower Hama's. Hence why Aang and Toph, both significantly stronger benders than Mako, were unable to break free from Yakone, and why Tenzin, Lin, Korra, Mako, and Bolin were all unable to break free from Tarrlok. It's all about waterbending

They didn't really have enough time to break free. Tarrlok just KOed them in 3 seconds.

And again, none of them were amped. Katara was. She also said that "You're not the only one that draws power from the moon". It was because she was FM amped. But I don't think she used waterbending. How would that help? And considerign the dialogue they had, I would suggest that she didn't know bloodbending so she couldn't have used it to break free at that moment.

Sopiler ain't opening but I suppose you'll give the fight with Azula throwing a couple of blasts there.

Yeah, she did. The water arms alone, wasn't off. But the whole fight was kinda off. Katara litteraly ragdolls Azula. First we see her slicing her hair apart, then knocking her down and then Azula falls for her grip. For whatever reason Azula's feats don't prove that she can do better than that. You might as well tell me that the fight wasn't on-screen but from what we've seen, Azula being unable ot land a hit on-screen means that they wanted to shows her being outmatched. For me that's either stupid, or an amped by the moon Katara.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000:

Perhaps Katara wasn't holding back as much as she normally does. Perhaps Azula underestimated her (which would be really stupid on Azulas part considering the power and skill behind Kataras first attack). Just because their external feats put them on a similar level doesn't mean they are equals in a fight. Katara has beaten Azula twice, and while she was insane one time she was also comet enhanced. I can only really draw one conclusion from that.

Yeah, I'm talking about a morals off Katara vs Azula being a stalemate. I guess we're kind of opposite on that.
The attack that Azula vaporized completely.
Yeah, Azula tents to be overconfident as well as racist towards the other nations and elements if we consider her "Tale of Azula" book canon.
I cannot. What does the comet fight have to do with anything? You think that Katara would last that long against a sane Azula comet amped that was't exhausted from fighting Zuko already?

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

What does the comet fight have to do with anything? You think that Katara would last that long against a sane Azula comet amped that was't exhausted from fighting Zuko already?

I think she would last for about as long as it took to beat her insane. She can dodge for a time and block lightning, but when she is cornered she should lose. Didn't seem exhausted to me. I think "killing" Zuko definitely gave her an adrenaline rush offsetting any fatigue she may have been experiencing. People like to act that her insanity affected her firepower and accuracy. It did not. It made her lose her cunning and intelligence, allowing her to be baited and tricked, but her attacks were still massive and still accurate. She was no longer a clever fighter but she was still engulfing the battlefield (and the entire city) in flames. That fight shows Katara is agile enough to dodge her for a short period of time.

The attack that Azula vaporized completely.

By that logic, Katara would be exhausted from conjuring an attack like that. They are both top tier. Top tiers do not exhaust themselves on 1 or 2 moves.

Yeah, I'm talking about a morals off Katara vs Azula being a stalemate. I guess we're kind of opposite on that.

See I would actually have morals off Katara> Azula pretty comfortably. Maybe the difference is smaller with Kemirukage Azula, but Morals off Katara is a beast.

Yeah, Azula tents to be overconfident as well as racist towards the other nations and elements if we consider her "Tale of Azula" book canon.

Her underestimating Katara is an uncharacteristic mistake though, considering she's just seen what Katara can do. Azula isn't that stupid...

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot

I think she would last for about as long as it took to beat her insane. She can dodge for a time and block lightning, but when she is cornered she should lose. Didn't seem exhausted to me. I think "killing" Zuko definitely gave her an adrenaline rush offsetting any fatigue she may have been experiencing. People like to act that her insanity affected her firepower and accuracy. It did not. It made her lose her cunning and intelligence, allowing her to be baited and tricked, but her attacks were still massive and still accurate. She was no longer a clever fighter but she was still engulfing the battlefield (and the entire city) in flames. That fight shows Katara is agile enough to dodge her for a short period of time.

No. You got that wrong. Here are her disadvantages while insane:

• She unleashes too much firepower and gets tired very easily
  • She becomes aggressive and acts stupid (the one you mentioned already)
  • She also lacks accurassy

Notice how Zuko just defends against her attacks while she was the one unleashing many many blasts and manuvering as well as burnign the whole place down. She got exhausted and that's also why she cannot compete with Zuko later and is forced to dodge his big attacks struggling to breath, while he looks just fine. It's the biggest disadvantage she has when insane.

By that logic, Katara would be exhausted from conjuring an attack like that. They are both top tier. Top tiers do not exhaust themselves on 1 or 2 moves.

I never said that she was exhausted because of that. I answered to your comment on Azula underestimating Katara after seeing her first attack. She just vaporized it without much difficulty so it's not like she wouldn't be confident on beating her after that.

See I would actually have morals off Katara> Azula pretty comfortably. Maybe the difference is smaller with Kemirukage Azula, but Morals off Katara is a beast.

Yeah, I don't see it that way. First of all, Katara doesn't have many finishing moves. Azula though, can one shot her with a direct attack. I see it as a stalemate because of Katara's great versatality, mobility and raw power but I don't see morals off Katara being such a beast.

Her underestimating Katara is an uncharacteristic mistake though, considering she's just seen what Katara can do. Azula isn't that stupid...

Yeah, she canceled out the first attack still.
Being overconfident and racist is part of her character. As much as part of Katara holding back. In fact, I can counter your argument by saying that a serious Azula=morals off Katara as long as Azula doesn't udnerestimate her opponents.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Azula and Aang both rounds.

In round 1 Aang can counter Toph pretty well with agility, meanwhile Azula in Book 2 was IMO outperforming Katara (Book 3 is when Katara got better)

In round 2 Aang is taking either of Team 2 pretty easily and Azula still beats Katara.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1

I'm just saying that based on the feats of this characters as well as where they stand in the verse, you'd expect this fight to not be a stomp.

They didn't really have enough time to break free. Tarrlok just KOed them in 3 seconds.

And again, none of them were amped. Katara was. She also said that "You're not the only one that draws power from the moon". It was because she was FM amped. But I don't think she used waterbending. How would that help? And considerign the dialogue they had, I would suggest that she didn't know bloodbending so she couldn't have used it to break free at that moment.

Sopiler ain't opening but I suppose you'll give the fight with Azula throwing a couple of blasts there.

Yeah, she did. The water arms alone, wasn't off. But the whole fight was kinda off. Katara litteraly ragdolls Azula. First we see her slicing her hair apart, then knocking her down and then Azula falls for her grip. For whatever reason Azula's feats don't prove that she can do better than that. You might as well tell me that the fight wasn't on-screen but from what we've seen, Azula being unable ot land a hit on-screen means that they wanted to shows her being outmatched. For me that's either stupid, or an amped by the moon Katara.

A stomp would be if Katara got that advantage on Azula from the very beginning. They were fighting for a while before the water arms.

Waterbending is bloodbending, how would it not help? Hama already explained the technique, and we know Katara's a very fast learner.

Why couldn't it mean that Katara is just good enough to match Azula? It doesn't mean ABC logic applies necessarily, Azula could be better suited to fight some opponents than Katara, but there's no other fights between Azula and Katara to show that Azula is actually better than Katara. They're definitely in the same tier, but when the two face off against each other, seems pretty clear that Katara has a bit of an edge

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

@arcus1

A stomp would be if Katara got that advantage on Azula from the very beginning. They were fighting for a while before the water arms.

Waterbending is bloodbending, how would it not help? Hama already explained the technique, and we know Katara's a very fast learner.

Why couldn't it mean that Katara is just good enough to match Azula? It doesn't mean ABC logic applies necessarily, Azula could be better suited to fight some opponents than Katara, but there's no other fights between Azula and Katara to show that Azula is actually better than Katara. They're definitely in the same tier, but when the two face off against each other, seems pretty clear that Katara has a bit of an edge

But when Azula cannot land a single hit and gets hit all the time, it is pretty much a stomp. Or a near-stomp.

But bloodbending is different than waterbending. Much like metalending to earthbending. However, you cannot bend blood by just being a waterbender. The thing is, I don't think Katara was able to break free using it, simply because she didn't seem like she knew bloodbending until the figth was over.

I never said that Katara cannot match Azula. I am ALAWYS arguing for them being even to death. However, feats say that Azula would do better than that, cause the fight didn't show "a slight edge". It showed Katara toying with Azula without getting hit a single time. Makes no sense to me.
Yeah, but I don't see how Katara wouldn't be able to do as good as Azula against IC Aang with morals back in Book 2. She showed the moves available to do that. And I can argue that she has more battlefield awareness and that she's more versatile than Azula. I didn't see Aang doing anything she cannot counter. And I'm sure that he would have more trouble dodging medium-sized waves than fireballs.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vengefulshot

@anthp2000:

No. You got that wrong. Here are her disadvantages while insane:

• She unleashes too much firepower and gets tired very easily
  • She becomes aggressive and acts stupid (the one you mentioned already)
  • She also lacks accurassy

Notice how Zuko just defends against her attacks while she was the one unleashing many many blasts and manuvering as well as burnign the whole place down. She got exhausted and that's also why she cannot compete with Zuko later and is forced to dodge his big attacks struggling to breath, while he looks just fine. It's the biggest disadvantage she has when insane.

• Normally I would agree, but after she killed Zuko she was practically bouncing off the walls. She showed no signs of being tired when fighting Katara, as killing Zuko seemed to give her enough adrenaline to where fatigue is no longer an issue.
  • Agreed.
  • Disagree. All of her blasts throughout the fight, while wild, required Zuko or Katara to block or dodge/ run for cover. Her lightning accuracy was on point.
No Caption Provided

Zuko defends her attacks, because they are accurate. If they weren't he could just stand and do nothing. Many of his attacks also burned the palace down.

I've already agreed that typically fatigue is a problem when she is insane, but against Katara she did not seem tired at all.

I never said that she was exhausted because of that. I answered to your comment on Azula underestimating Katara after seeing her first attack. She just vaporized it without much difficulty so it's not like she wouldn't be confident on beating her after that.

My mistake. It was one of Azulas biggest defensive feats. If she vaporized it easily then Katara conjured it easily. Confidence is fine and in character for her, underestimation of opponents is not. And besides, even if she did underestimate Katara at first, the haircut should've been a final warning for Azula. When you have a close call before you are defeated and still proceed to underestimate your opponent then you are a stupid fighter. Azula is not a stupid fighter.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, I don't see it that way. First of all, Katara doesn't have many finishing moves. Azula though, can one shot her with a direct attack. I see it as a stalemate because of Katara's great versatality, mobility and raw power but I don't see morals off Katara being such a beast.

Morals off Katara has lots of finisher moves. Ice spikes are the most obvious and morals off she will spam them. Flash freeze. Water blades (also spammable). Hell if Zuko hadn't intervened Azula would've gotten slammed which is definitely a finisher. Well a Katara in character has already had Azula on the ropes. We only really saw her morals off in the southern raiders, but she stopped the rain in a pretty large radius and turned them to ice shards, which is an impressive feat of power and skill.

Yeah, she canceled out the first attack still.

Being overconfident and racist is part of her character. As much as part of Katara holding back. In fact, I can counter your argument by saying that a serious Azula=morals off Katara as long as Azula doesn't udnerestimate her opponents

Since when has defending one attack = this person is easily beatable better not take them seriously. Azula was serious considering Katara almost got her before that fight and had her looking pretty worried, and she still lost to a morals on Katara. Underestimation would be a valid argument if Azula mocked Katara throughout the fight then got oneshot. But she got tagged multiple times before having to get saved.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot

Normally I would agree, but after she killed Zuko she was practically bouncing off the walls. She showed no signs of being tired when fighting Katara, as killing Zuko seemed to give her enough adrenaline to where fatigue is no longer an issue.

Doesn't really matter if she didn't show specific signs AFTER the Agni Kai. When she showed them inside the Agni Kai, it's obvious that she was tired.

Disagree. All of her blasts throughout the fight, while wild, required Zuko or Katara to block or dodge/ run for cover. Her lightning accuracy was on point.

Comet blasts are way too big to miss Zuko. I'm talking about lightning. But yeah, let's agree to disagree here.

I've already agreed that typically fatigue is a problem when she is insane, but against Katara she did not seem tired at all.

Not sicne she was obviously tired during the Agni Kai. That's like saying that she somehow recovered after she struck Zuko.

My mistake. It was one of Azulas biggest defensive feats. If she vaporized it easily then Katara conjured it easily. Confidence is fine and in character for her, underestimation of opponents is not. And besides, even if she did underestimate Katara at first, the haircut should've been a final warning for Azula. When you have a close call before you are defeated and still proceed to underestimate your opponent then you are a stupid fighter. Azula is not a stupid fighter.

Underestimation and overconfidence isn't in character? That doesn't explain why she was confident on being able to take on both Aang and Katara by herself before Zuko came in.
Yeah, it was too late after the haircut.
Look, I ain't looking for reasons as to why Azula lost, the fight is completely off. Katara was litteraly ragdolling Azula and she wasn't hit a single time. I cannot take this fight as any kind of serious evidence for that.

Morals off Katara has lots of finisher moves. Ice spikes are the most obvious and morals off she will spam them. Flash freeze. Water blades (also spammable). Hell if Zuko hadn't intervened Azula would've gotten slammed which is definitely a finisher. Well a Katara in character has already had Azula on the ropes. We only really saw her morals off in the southern raiders, but she stopped the rain in a pretty large radius and turned them to ice shards, which is an impressive feat of power and skill.

Azula dealt with Mai's projectiles and the ice spikes themselves before, and they aren't undodgable:

No Caption Provided

Azula can definetely defend against these pretty esaily:

And then you have Korra, a lightly less agile and with slightly below reflexes than Azula:

No Caption Provided

And morals off won't change much. Katara was willing to use it against CM without any serious change on morals.

In order to make a flash freeze, you need to make a wave, which won't work:

No Caption Provided

Water blades? Not so different. And Ty Lee already dodged them with a couple of catwheels.

You think Katara slamming Azula on the ground would really be a finisher? Not so much considering what Azula has taken and kept fighting:

Look. The point is, that Azula can counter everything Katara can do, and Katara can counter everything Azula will do, so they stalemate. Personally, don't see anyway that this changes because none of them did anything that the other cannot counter.

The rain feat was impressive, but what difference does it really make? Azula bending fire around her without moving her limbs is another feat of impressive high-end mastery. Esspecially, when she can keeps the fire from turning orange/red. She litteraly keeps the flames up and blue without moving:

No Caption Provided

And here's what happens when Azula stops bending her fire:

No Caption Provided

It cools down, but instead she keeps it up without moving. Azula is as much of a master and as skilled as Katara in all aspects of the bedning art including sub-elements.

Since when has defending one attack = this person is easily beatable better not take them seriously. Azula was serious considering Katara almost got her before that fight and had her looking pretty worried, and she still lost to a morals on Katara. Underestimation would be a valid argument if Azula mocked Katara throughout the fight then got oneshot. But she got tagged multiple times before having to get saved.

For someone like Azula? It means that she can beat her. Esspecially when to her eyes, she was just a "fithly peasant". Being overconfident isn't being stupid. It's just part of her characters. Katara lacks the power to kill someone. Is she stupid? No. It's the character that affects both of them in battle.
Yeah, and that's still the problem. Azula was getting hit the whole time and she was unable to catch Katara. Feats and logic say that she will do better than that.
No. Katara was in control of that fight but she didn't win at all. Look at other fights. Zuko vs Zhao for example. Zhao was in control the whole time, but last minute, Zuko won. But the Azula vs Katara fight was off anyway, I'm not buying this showing at all. You can, but I cannot in anyway.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But when Azula cannot land a single hit and gets hit all the time, it is pretty much a stomp. Or a near-stomp.

But bloodbending is different than waterbending. Much like metalending to earthbending. However, you cannot bend blood by just being a waterbender. The thing is, I don't think Katara was able to break free using it, simply because she didn't seem like she knew bloodbending until the figth was over.

I never said that Katara cannot match Azula. I am ALAWYS arguing for them being even to death. However, feats say that Azula would do better than that, cause the fight didn't show "a slight edge". It showed Katara toying with Azula without getting hit a single time. Makes no sense to me.

Yeah, but I don't see how Katara wouldn't be able to do as good as Azula against IC Aang with morals back in Book 2. She showed the moves available to do that. And I can argue that she has more battlefield awareness and that she's more versatile than Azula. I didn't see Aang doing anything she cannot counter. And I'm sure that he would have more trouble dodging medium-sized waves than fireballs.

The only requirement for a waterbender being able to bloodbend is power (and some basic idea of the concept). It's just bending the water inside another person. It's just a type of waterbending, just like metalbending is a form of earthbending, or lighting is a form of firebending.

Katara didn't use bloodbending on another person until the end of the fight. Most comparable example would be like lightning redirection and lighting generation. Breaking Hama's hold would be like lighting redirection, using bloodbending on Hama would be like lighting generation. Both require firebending

Anyway, this is getting very off topic.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: I get what you mean.
My question is if Katara could use bloodbending there or if she was only able to learn the technique in the pinch of losing her friends. We can only spectulate for that.
Yeah, both generation and redirection require firebending, but they also require lightningbending as much as Katara would require bloodbending in your scenario and the problem is that I'm not sure if she knew how to do it at that very moment.
And if it's the same thing as generation and redirection, then bloodbending yourself could require a new special technique like redirection is, but that's another disscusion anyway.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My question is if Katara could use bloodbending there or if she was only able to learn the technique in the pinch of losing her friends. We can only spectulate for that.

Yeah, both generation and redirection require firebending, but they also require lightningbending as much as Katara would require bloodbending in your scenario and the problem is that I'm not sure if she knew how to do it at that very moment.

And if it's the same thing as generation and redirection, then bloodbending yourself could require a new special technique like redirection is, but that's another disscusion anyway.

The threat of losing her friends wasn't going to help her learn something she didn't already have the ability and knowledge to do. All it did was give her the incentive to actually use bloodbending on Hama

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

The threat of losing her friends wasn't going to help her learn something she didn't already have the ability and knowledge to do. All it did was give her the incentive to actually use bloodbending on Hama

But with the same logic, how did Katara know how the technique worked? Hama bloodbended her before any demostration:

Loading Video...

Instead, she got a demonstration when Hama used the technique on Aang and Sokka.
But the most imortant part is that Hama was surprised that Katara broke free and yet, she didn't say anything to indicate that Katara leanred the technique.
At the end though, Hama said "Congratulations Katara. You're a bloodbender". And she said that AFTER Katara bloodbended her, which IMO indicates that Katara didn't know bloodbending before that.
And even then, isn't it kinda off that Katara was able to use bloodbending on herself the first time she ever used it? Not to mention Amon. He was struggling a lot to resist Tarrlok's bloodbending. And he is leagues above Katara on the technique.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

But with the same logic, how did Katara know how the technique worked? Hama bloodbended her before any demostration:

Loading Video...

Instead, she got a demonstration when Hama used the technique on Aang and Sokka.

But the most imortant part is that Hama was surprised that Katara broke free and yet, she didn't say anything to indicate that Katara leanred the technique.

At the end though, Hama said "Congratulations Katara. You're a bloodbender". And she said that AFTER Katara bloodbended her, which IMO indicates that Katara didn't know bloodbending before that.

And even then, isn't it kinda off that Katara was able to use bloodbending on herself the first time she ever used it? Not to mention Amon. He was struggling a lot to resist Tarrlok's bloodbending. And he is leagues above Katara on the technique.

Cause it works the same as waterbending

Hama demonstrated the technique when she bloodbent Katara.

Yeah, because Katara hadn't actually used bloodbending on anyone until that time, she had just broken Hama's hold

How was Amon struggling a lot? He shrugged it off pretty easily. Tarrlok is also stronger than Hama

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

Loading Video...

Cause it works the same as waterbending

Hama demonstrated the technique when she bloodbent Katara.

Yeah, because Katara hadn't actually used bloodbending on anyone until that time, she had just broken Hama's hold

How was Amon struggling a lot? He shrugged it off pretty easily. Tarrlok is also stronger than Hama

She did, yes. However, we cannot let alone the fact that breaking free of bloodbending isn't something that Katara knew how to do. I'm not even sure if Hama knew how to do that. You see, it's like lightning redirection. Just by seeing how generation works, you cannot know how to use redirection.
Yeah, but seeing that Hama didn't know that Katara used bloodbending to break her hold, it would imply that Katara didn't, considering that Hama could have an idea as to how Katara broke free without bloodbending. And that idea, might actually be my idea.
Tarrlok being (possibly) stronger than Full Moon Hama only proves my poin since Amon was struggling to move. Katara just moved her findgers suddenly. Amon was struggling to move his whole body for some moments.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with Aang and Azula. Too much raw power, agility and manoeuvrability between the two of them for the other team to handle.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@smoke-w:

R1: Book 2 Aang is a horrible fighter morals on. He loses to anyone here even if Azula can stalemate either, while either of them are willing to beat Azula, so they'll fight.

R2: Team 1. Aang is the freakin' MVP.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking team one both rounds. Round one Aang is a terrible fighter, but he can still wreck Toph faster then Katara beats Azula. Round 2 it's bloodlusted Aang. Do the math.

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang and Azula should take this.

witchnred4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

r1: azula and aang. katara vs aang or azula she can maybe beat aang but im not sure. she can prob beat azual considering the fact that she was beating her at the end of bk 2. however i still feel like azula and aang win due to toph being a bit of a weak link due to her blindness. aang is fast and durable enough to fight her and azula is a good match for her to and is also fast and durable enough to fight her. i feel she can beat her

r2: i feel that aang and azula still win

Avatar image for deactivated-64a0c943e7754
deactivated-64a0c943e7754

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang solos both rounds

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cocacolaman  Moderator

Since Toph is hard-countered by Aang, it goes to the A-Team both rounds.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JDogg

Team 2. Katara and Toph have far better teamwork then Azula and Aang which I think is an important factor some are forgetting about.

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jdogg said:

Team 2. Katara and Toph have far better teamwork then Azula and Aang which I think is an important factor some are forgetting about.

Yeah, especially that time when he worked together with Katara to fight, i feel like Zuko should be replaced as Aang's teamate, theyre better with teamwork tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 with morals on

Team 1 with morals off