mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By mickey-mouse

@jayc1324 said:

@lukehero: Why can't Thor tear through his webs? And who knows if pressure points work on Thor.

Thor really doesn't have any real lifting feats, his strength is more impelled through fighting hulk and fighting other strong characters that straight up shown. Spidey's webs are stronger than steel like 2.62 times stronger.

No Caption Provided

He can spray Thor in his eyes which would aggravate and confuse Thor.

Who knows? We do, pressure points/nerve strikes have worked on 616 Luke Cage & 616 Thor. Mantis took out Thor with pressure points/nerve strikes and Luke Cage got taken down by Black Panther with the same technique. Both of those characters are far more durable than MCU Thor, no reason they can't work on him.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Yeah maybe stomp isn't the best way to describe the fight. More like Thor in a good fight.

That's fair enough.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#53  Edited By stormshadow_x

Thor will have an extremely hard time catching Spider-Man, but he will eventually, giving him the win, plus Spidey can´t really hurt Thor.

Thor wins.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@lukehero: Pressure point don´t work on 616 Thor, the Mantis instance was a low showing, otherwise most street levelers would beat him, in The Mighty Thor #135, Thor was unharmed by a pressure point attack from Man-Beast, a creature who knows all the styles of combat that have been and will be created.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mickey-mouse

@thor_parker82 said:

@lukehero: Pressure point don´t work on 616 Thor, the Mantis instance was a low showing, otherwise most street levelers would beat him, in The Mighty Thor #135, Thor was unharmed by a pressure point attack from Man-Beast, a creature who knows all the styles of combat that have been and will be created.

It's not a low showing mate, yes they do. Mantis has done it to other characters so there is not shame in it, just a lot of people don't like it. Karate Kid and Gamora have done it to high tier characters as well of a similar caliber to Thor.

Regardless what you think of that, the point is can pressure points work on MCU thor who is far below 616, the answer is yes they can.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't see how it would be a low showing. I assume the people he fights just neglect the pressure point option (more likely the writer does), or they just aren't strong enough to use one. Man-Beast knowing all those styles is good but unless he has skill feats he's not on par with established street levelers. Knowledge isn't everything, or even a lot.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
@thor_parker82 said:

It's not a low showing mate, yes they do. Mantis has done it to other characters so there is not shame in it, just a lot of people don't like it. Karate Kid and Gamora have done it to high tier characters as well of a similar caliber to Thor.

Regardless what you think of that, the point is can pressure points work on MCU thor who is far below 616, the answer is yes they can.

It is a low showming man, otherwise Daredevil and Iron Fist and pretty much every street leveler woud beat Thor.

They probably would work on MCU Thor

@thor_parker82 said:

I don't see how it would be a low showing. I assume the people he fights just neglect the pressure point option (more likely the writer does), or they just aren't strong enough to use one. Man-Beast knowing all those styles is good but unless he has skill feats he's not on par with established street levelers. Knowledge isn't everything, or even a lot.

Like I said above, if Thor was in fact susceptible to pressure points, every street leveler would beat him, which isn´t the case, I donm´t know if you had read the issue but here is the scan so you can judge it for yourself. Man-Beast had millions of years of knowledge, that´s better than Mantis and every single street leveler.

As seen in The Mighty Thor #135, pressure points don´t do much to Thor, he was attacked by Man-Beast, a being created by High Evolutionary, a being a million years more advanced who had all the knowledge of every single form of combat that has and will be created, he tried to use a pressure point on Thor and it was useless, take a look for yourself.

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

It is a low showming man, otherwise Daredevil and Iron Fist and pretty much every street leveler woud beat Thor.

They probably would work on MCU Thor

No offense, but that's dumb and that's implying that I am somehow suggesting DD and Iron Fist can do everything that Mantis can do. Let's remember who and what Mantis is, she is a Midnighter/Karte Kid type of character with Street Level type abilities that can legitimately be a threat to high tiers. This is a character who knocked back a group of Avengers including Scarlet Witch, Wonderman, and The Vision with a freaking karate kick.

Anyway Ironfist is a threat to high tiers although he wouldn't beat Thor. His Iron Fist strikes have been effective against class 100's. Again this is a covo that's still not really taking away from my main point since MCU Thor isn't in sniffing distance of 616. Back to my main point: Can pressure points work on MCU Thor? Why yes they can.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

As seen in The Mighty Thor #135, pressure points don´t do much to Thor, he was attacked by Man-Beast, a being created by High Evolutionary, a being a million years more advanced who had all the knowledge of every single form of combat that has and will be created, he tried to use a pressure point on Thor and it was useless, take a look for yourself.

Once again no offense, but being from the future doesn't mean jack squat. There are plenty of characters from Da Future. Your seemingly implying anything Mantis can do skill wise Manbeast can top or match, there is no proof of that. Mantis is on a another level, but once again this still is pulling away from my main point and derailing away from the main convo. "Can pressure points hurt MCU Thor?" Well, sure they can.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Like I said above, if Thor was in fact susceptible to pressure points, every street leveler would beat him, which isn´t the case,

They never actually try using pressure points on him and they probably aren't strong enough to anyway.

I donm´t know if you had read the issue but here is the scan so you can judge it for yourself. Man-Beast had millions of years of knowledge, that´s better than Mantis and every single street leveler.

A bunch of knowledge is pointless if you can't prove your ability to apply it. Man-Beast isn't a high level fighter until proven otherwise in high level fights, and Mantis would stomp him.

That was never stated to be a pressure point, just some weird Karate Chop that somehow or other affected his senses. No pressure points were mentioned, and Thor did in fact get affected by it significantly and had to exert some effort in overcoming it's effects.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: @thor_parker82:

That was never stated to be a pressure point, just some weird Karate Chop that somehow or other affected his senses. No pressure points were mentioned, and Thor did in fact get affected by it significantly and had to exert some effort in overcoming it's effects.

I just about to point out the fact that he gets knocked down by the weird karate chop.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Thor-Parker

@lukehero said:

I just about to point out the fact that he gets knocked down by the weird karate chop.

Do you guys want me to post the next page ?? Thor was perfectly fine, just tell me and I´ll show you the next page.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Do you guys want me to post the next page ?? Thor was perfectly fine, just tell me and I´ll show you the next page.

Yes he overcame it, but you're implying he completely no-sold it and wasn't, you know, visibly staggered by Man-Beast's blows.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mickey-mouse

@highaccuser: @thor_parker82: No need, I already looked up the comic myself on Marvel U, and the point is that in your own scan he is on his knees with his hand pushing him back up, trying to get back up. Meaning the weird Karate Chop worked. Just because Manbeast couldn't one shot him and KO him, doesn't mean it wasn't effective. Regardless Mantis >>>>Manbeast in the skill department.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@thor_parker82:

Once again no offense, but being from the future doesn't mean jack squat. There are plenty of characters from Da Future. Your seemingly implying anything Mantis can do skill wise Manbeast can top or match, there is no proof of that. Mantis is on a another level, but once again this still is pulling away from my main point and derailing away from the main convo. "Can pressure points hurt MCU Thor?" Well, sure they can.

Judging by the scans man beast seems to be using a form of martial arts that wont be invented for another million years. This actually seems like an interesting showing. All though considering who Mantis is you can argue her knowledge is just more advanced that this man-beast. Her and Gamora are suppose to the absolute best fighters in the marvel universe. Personally I have always considered Mantis to be the best martial artist in marvel.

With that said Peter isn't Mantis and MCU thor isn't comic thor. I think we need to prove that MCU thor even has a vulnerability. Just because something isn't tested doesn't mean that it will work. All though that said if luke cage is really more durable than MCU thor than Peter should win.

@thor_parker82 Out of curiosity do you have the full fight with man-beast and thor?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: @jashro44:

Keep in mind I'm not saying Peter can do what Mantis can do, my main point was this fight wasn't as onesided as people thought and that if Black Panther can use pressure points on characters like Cage, no reason pressure points from peter shouldn't work on MCU Thor. Sure BP is more skilled, but the way of the Spider is a very good martial art taught by Shang Chi another very skilled characters.

All though that said if luke cage is really more durable than MCU thor than Peter should win.

I agree Peter has a very good chance here.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@lukehero said:

Yes he overcame it, but you're implying he completely no-sold it and wasn't, you know, visibly staggered by Man-Beast's blows.

He was affected by it, sure, but 2 seconds later he was completely fine and continued fighting.

@lukehero said:

@highaccuser: @thor_parker82: No need, I already looked up the comic myself on Marvel U, and the point is that in your own scan he is on his knees with his hand pushing him back up, trying to get back up. Meaning the weird Karate Chop worked. Just because Manbeast couldn't one shot him and KO him, doesn't mean it wasn't effective. Regardless Mantis >>>>Manbeast in the skill department.

^^

@jashro44 said:
@lukehero said:

@thor_parker82:

Judging by the scans man beast seems to be using a form of martial arts that wont be invented for another million years. This actually seems like an interesting showing. All though considering who Mantis is you can argue her knowledge is just more advanced that this man-beast. Her and Gamora are suppose to the absolute best fighters in the marvel universe. Personally I have always considered Mantis to be the best martial artist in marvel.

With that said Peter isn't Mantis and MCU thor isn't comic thor. I think we need to prove that MCU thor even has a vulnerability. Just because something isn't tested doesn't mean that it will work. All though that said if luke cage is really more durable than MCU thor than Peter should win.

@thor_parker82 Out of curiosity do you have the full fight with man-beast and thor?

That is exactly my interpretation, he is using knowledge that hasn´t even been invented yet and it still had little effect on Thor.

Agreed.

Yes I do bro, do you want me to post the scans ??

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

He was affected by it, sure, but 2 seconds later he was completely fine and continued fighting.

What exactly do you define as "useless"? Because it seems like if he'd kept on using them it would've been pretty damn useful.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

What exactly do you define as "useless"? Because it seems like if he'd kept on using them it would've been pretty damn useful.

That´s just an assumption, he did it once and it had little effect on Thor, and he´s not just going to stand there and let Man-Beast do as much attacks as he wants.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@thor_parker82:

That´s just an assumption, he did it once and it had little effect on Thor, and he´s not just going to stand there and let Man-Beast do as much attacks as he wants.

It didn't have "little" effect on Thor. That would imply it was a pointless tactic that didn't injure or disorient Thor which it did. And maybe Thor wouldn't want Man-Beast to keep doing that. I don't know their comparative speed levels so I can't say weather or not he's capable of stopping him.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Thor-Parker

@jashro44: @lukehero: @highaccuser: Full fight after the scan I posted above.

Thor was completely fine afterwards, so yeah, Man-Beast´s attack had little effect on Thor as you can see.

The first scan you see above is the next page from the scan in Post #57

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: had little effect

It still had an effect. I've already seen this.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't think Spidey could put him down. All Thor would have to do is outlast him, and when he gets the chance just do an AoE blast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I know MCU Thor has pressure points but it depends on their biology not durability. Bane, for example, does not take damage from pressure points. So its not as simple as "more durable people have pressure points so MCU Thor does too". And don't forget that Thor has combat skills too. But then again Spiderman might simply be too fast.

So I guess that it Spiderman is good enough to use pressure points that work on Thor through his armor then he can maybe win a fight or two, but I'll still give Thor a large majority since Spiderman doesnt even use pressure points that often and will have a hard time hurting Thor.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor will have an extremely hard time catching Spider-Man, but he will eventually, giving him the win, plus Spidey can´t really hurt Thor.

Thor wins.

This.

MCU Thor tanked a city bust, come on people.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

thor

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@thor_parker82: had little effect

It still had an effect. I've already seen this.

This.

Anyway this is off topic given these two versions of Thor are totally unconnected but based on the arguments here, pressure points work just fine on 616 Thor.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see this kinda going like Spider-man's fight against Eric Masterson years ago. He'd blitz and overwhelm Thor at first but Thor will just unload some of his weather control to end it.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godxdarkxopal: Actually Spider-Man real capacity is about the 30 ton range given that he can toss cable cars, tanks, hold up and support a building from collapsing and has a pretty decent healing factor which...isn't too great but worth noting. You've gotta figure that Peter would use the hit and run technique hoping that a few collapsing buildings would take out Thor presumably before trying to go all Fire Lord on him. I think the deciding factor for this fight is actually Stamina and given that Peter had enough stamina to fight Morlun for an entire day while his energy was being drained but the biggest problem is Peter's durability.

If Peter gets knocked off balance I think Thor wins.

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think spiderman can win if you use his high range feats

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By robertloucksjr

Mcu Thor is really good at h2h as per his delivered fightsvs shield agents and vs the Hulk. He can also fly and control the field of battle via lightning wind, and rain. Eventuality the hammer squashes the spider.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

Spiderman takes him handily.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor couldn't even tag MCU Quicksilver. How does he expect to tag Spidey:

No Caption Provided

Or adapt to his reflexes:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Note that some of the reflex feats also double as web reflex and strength feats

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor, easily. Just by holding Mjonlir he can use electricity through his body, as shown in his fight against Malekith. Basically, Spiderman can't win because he's not strong enough.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter stomps

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GodxDarkxOpal

Spider-Man

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

spiderman.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider-man

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#91  Edited By g2_

Spider-Man electrifies him.

MrAbductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spider man

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Spidey stomps.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Undecided. Leaning Spidey currently. Might change post-Ragnarok.

Also, cringe at a year ago when Spidey trapping Iron Man with webs as a feat was viable.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol some of you are on crack. Spidey has gone up against more powerful opponents such as Hulk, Juggernaut and even withstood hits from Phoenix powered Colossus. Not to mention he's faster in every way possible, even if it's not a stomp Thor isn't winning..

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor still

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points