2016 High Tier PYP tourney 3rd @deronn_solo vs @beatboks1

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emperorthanos-  Moderator

This is the first round of the 3rd edition of my high tier pyp tourney.

18.@deronn_solo

characters:

• 1. Hal Jordan [5 points]
  • 2. Darth Sidious [4 points]
  • 3. Fem-Thor [2 Points]
  • 4. Aizen [1 Point]

PERKS

• - 2 more character points [5 points]
  • - Morals Off [8 points]
  • - Hour of prep [1 point]
  • Spider sense 1

versus

@beatboks1

Characters:

1. Brainwave jnr 3
  2. Animalman 3
  3. Dark nebula 5
  4. Occult 1
  5. Mr Terrific 1
  6. Midnighter 1

perks

• 2 extra character points x 2. 10 (2 × 5)
  • 2 hours prep at walmart 3
  • 2 × 1 hr prep 2 ( 2 × 1)

Rules

1. Win by Death, Incap or KO.
  2. Standard Gear.
  3. No time manipulation.
  4. No speed steal
  5. No BFR.
  6. No reality warping
  7. No Summons stronger than 616 spider-man.
  8. Summons are limited to 200
  9. Cloning is limited to 50

Voting Rules:

1. Vote for the better debater
  2. Do not vote on which character you think you will win
  3. Give reasoning to your vote.
  4. I will count the total votes
  5. If I feel a vote in unjustified or biased I will not count it.

Battle ground

Indestructible planet with no other people on it except for the fighters

No Caption Provided

Jeopardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

lol Deronn didn't you say you joined this tourney solely to go up against Beatboks?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By beatboks1

@zetsumoto said:

lol Deronn didn't you say you joined this tourney solely to go up against Beatboks?

Got his wish then.

@deronn_solo

Prep

Brainwave Jnr, Dr Occult, and Dark Nebula all being TPers mind link my team.

Mr Terrific and Dark Nebula

Using said mind link and Dark Nebula's TK ability that includes being able to manipulate matter at a molecular level. DN uses the resources throughout the Walmart to create another 10 T-spheres and 5 masks (2 for each of the rest of my team (to add to the 10 Terific already has). They will also be equipped with Doors courtesy of Midnighter. Holt will send 2 of his origianl T-Spheres to the 9th dimension where they will monitor "potential future outcomes and transmit the data to all T-speres on the battle field

No Caption Provided

Dr Occult

While this is happening Dr Occult will step outside time and watch the history of our opponents so that he is intimately familiar with them "as is his lot"

The first three scans show how he knows so much about people he has JUST met (like in the 4th scan). As you can see from scan 1 and scan 3 he isn't actually traveling in time nor can he affect it (so it's not time manipulation, any more than someone with a crystal ball who can see and perceive things through it.

As such my team has intimate knowledge of their opposition this makes the nest step of prep ALL the more effective.

Occult will then use his disk that counters magic and undoes spells to craft an anti magic spell around each of my team to protect them from the magic of Aizen and fem-Thor.

Midnighter

Midnighter spends two WHOLE hours using his battle computer with the COMPLETE knowledge he has of our opponents and how they historically act in stress situations to backward plan every contingency of the battles vs every member of the opposing team. We now know before the battle has commenced every action that might lead to the smallest chance of defeat and every action that would lead to complete success. Due to TP link ALL my team have this knowledge. Each knows therefore who they are best situated to face and how they can defeat them.

Even if there are only 5 ways to win he knows that, but he normally has 50 or more. Here with vastly more intimate knowledge to work with he and the rest of my team will know them all.

Animalman

Prep for Buddy is very simply. First he makes 50 clones

No Caption Provided

Using the replication ability of a bacteria.

Then they start stacking strength and speed to become upper level bricks with plenty of electric juice and sonic clout

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Brainwave

Using the mind link with Mr Terrific Brainwave uses his TK (and when DN's finished he assists) to build from components of electrical equipment in the Walmart a Brain Drain apparatus like that of his fathers. One that can drain mental energy from his opponents and feed it to him to enhance his already formidable mental powers.

He then uses his ability to create mental 3d constructs to create 200 spiderman level lackies to fight for him.

Results of Prep

I enter the battle with

1. Complete knowledge of my adversaries and how they act and react in battle.
  2. Formulated plans backward worked with the hax battle computer of Mignighter to be known to be 100% successful
  3. 20 T-shperes 18 on the battlefield and 2 watching alternate futures. Allowing Midnighter to alter any plans that might somehow change before they are even enacted
  4. Complete protection from the magical attacks of two of my opponents team.
  5. 51 Super strong super durable bricks with sonic and electric powers that can additionally take on the powers of any animal as required.
  6. 200 Spidey level combatants as fodder to throw at may adversary
  7. An aparatas that can drain their mental energies (of which Hal Jordan Darth Sidious and Aizen have white a bit) and use it to feed the power of my own mental giants

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Chimeroid

t4v (not that it will work since i dont get notifications)

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Yeah my notifications have been off lately. Anyways t4v

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deronn_solo

Time to kick into gear

Start of battle

Occult uses his illusions and mystical hypmotism, combined with Dark Nebula's TP and soul manip and Holt's holograms to flood the battle field with fake representations of my team and hide our real position

BW turns on his brain drain apparatus to start draining any mental energy used by your team to sense ours or attack.

BW Jnr sends his 3 d Constructs to assault your team

Animal man's 50 clones split into and assault your team.

Between Occult's astral plan travel, Midnighter's Doors and Holt's T-speres my team move to a distance they can safely attack from at range.

Then the real battle begins

Occult uses his disk of the seven to drain the energy of your team and give it to us

1. Scan 1 shows that he doesn't worry what type of energy it is he can deal with it.
  2. Scan 2 is him turning telepathic energy back on his attacker
  3. scan 3 a bio stating he can absorb and repel magical and natural energy ( which acounts for all your team)
  4. Scan 4 is him absorbing the power of Phantom Stranger, Madame Xanadu, Ragman, Alan Scot, himself and Zatanna and giving it to Hal Jordan in day of Judgment ( their combine power is above your combined power so your team is within his levels)
  5. Scan 5 a secret files also showing the disk can absorb and redirect natural and supernatural energies.

At this point we have a 5 pronged attack

While Brainwave mind rapes your team as he did the JSA

No Caption Provided

All the 18 Tsheres make you experience more pain than you ever have before like they did to put down Captain Nazi

DN assaults your team with his Dark fire

Animal man attacks with sonics

No Caption Provided

While Midnighter uses Doors to strike you from behind and but off the blood flow to you brain

Your team is powerless to defend themselves and easily defeated in moments.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zetsu-San
Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monarch_chronicle:

Why?

Editing the first post doesn't bump the thread , does it??

bumping makes it more visible and likely for Derron_solo to see and post,

Since notifications aren't working editing wont do that.

Besides which

1. There are no limits on posts
  2. not posting if the round is drawn to a close would cost me a place. Most tourney hosts (myself included) simply dump inactive participants. A participant with only a single post would not go on in one of my tourneys.
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: bro your debating derron not me. Appreciate the answer but no need for the rest

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monarch_chronicle: at the moment I'm not debating anyone. Though I appreciate the comments (giving me a chance to bump it a few more times

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@beatboks1:

Prep

Hal Jordan

Using only a few minutes of my allowed 1 how prep time, [maybe 1-3] Hal will his ring to increase the reaction time of every member on my team, via speeding up their neural responses:

No Caption Provided

Emperor Palpatine

With one hour prep - Palpatine will being doing 3 things:

• Summons a horde of darkside creatures known as Summon Demons. By concentrating and chanting a special incantation, Sidious would be capable of summoning Dwomutsiqsa:
No Caption Provided

Next we have....

• Battle Meditation. Battle Meditation is a ability that allows a Force sensitives to raise the moral, coordination, stamina, will, and overall combative ability - while simultaneously vitiating the resolve/will power of his enemies. Palpatine happened to be a master of the ability, and employed it on entire armies spanning lightyears across the galaxy:

Battle Meditation is a ability that would take no more than moments to activate, and before you ask, no, the task won't require overly amount of strain. During the events of RoTJ, he was actively feeding off the populace of Byss (billions ), amping an entire army of millions over Endor, all while simultaneously watching Luke v Vader, and even wrecking Luke with Force Lightning. Since, the scale here is much, much, much, much, much smaller in size, and depth and not nowhere as spread out, it should take nowhere near as much time, or strain.

Palpatine Battle Meditation passively amped million during the Battle of Endor. The moment he died, the Empire virtually collapsed without it:

For the first time, the Death Star rocked. The collision with the exploding Destroyer was only the beginning, leading to various systems breakdowns, which led to reactor meltdowns, which led to personnel panic, abandonment of posts, further malfunctions, and general chaos. Smoke was everywhere, substantial ramblings came from all directions at once, people were running and shouting. Electrical fires, steam explosions, cabin depressurizations, disruption of chain-of-command. Added to this, the continued bombardment by Rebel cruisers—smelling fear in the enemy—merely heightened the sense of hysteria that was already pervasive.

For the Emperor was dead. The central, powerful evil that had been the cohesive force to the Empire was gone; and when the dark side was this diffused, this nondirected—this was simply where it led.

Confusion.

Desperation.

Damp fear.

--Taken from Return of the Jedi

Thrawn smiled back. "It is indeed. Tell me, Master C'baoth: are you familiar with the Imperial Fleet's disastrous defeat at the Battle of Endor five years ago?"

"I've heard rumors. One of the offworlders who came here spoke about it." C'baoth's gaze drifted to the window, to the palace/crypt visible across the square. "Though only briefly."

Pellaeon swallowed. Thrawn himself didn't seem to notice the implication. "Then you must have wondered how a few dozen Rebel ships could possibly rout an Imperial force that outgunned it by at least ten to one "I didn't spend much time with such wonderings," C'baoth said dryly. "I assumed that the Rebels were simply better warriors."

"In a sense, that's true," Thrawn agreed. "The Rebels did indeed fight better, but not because of any special abilities or training. They fought better than the Fleet because the Emperor was dead."

He turned to look at Pellaeon. "You were there, Captain—you must have noticed it. The sudden loss of coordination between crew members and ships; the loss of efficiency and discipline. The loss, in short, of that elusive quality we call fighting spirit."

"There was some confusion, yes," Pellaeon said stiffly. He was starting to see where Thrawn was going with this, and he didn't like it a bit. "But nothing that can't be explained by the normal stresses of battle."

One blue-black eyebrow went up, just slightly. "Really? The loss of the Executor—the sudden, last-minute TIE fighter incompetence that brought about the destruction of the Death Star itself—the loss of six other Star Destroyers in engagements that none of them should have had trouble with? All of that nothing but normal battle stress?"

"The Emperor was not directing the battle," Pellaeon snapped with a fire that startled him. "Not in any way. I was there, Admiral—I know."

"Yes, Captain, you were there," Thrawn said, his voice abruptly hard. "And it's time you gave up your blindfold and faced the truth, no matter how bitter you find it. You had no real fighting spirit of your own anymore—none of you in the Imperial Fleet did. It was the Emperor's will that drove you; the Emperor's mind that provided you with strength and resolve and efficiency. You were as dependent on that presence as if you were all borg-implanted into a combat computer."

--Taken from Heir to the Empire

Battle Meditation has been showed to mentally wreck the weak and strong willed simultaneously.

No longer protected by the power of the light side of the Force, the Republic soldiers were completely demoralized by the terror and despair Kaan spawned in their minds. Those who were strong-willed gave up all hope save that of escaping the battle alive. The weak-willed were left so despondent, they could only hope for a quick and merciful death. The former didn't get what they wanted, but the latter did.

--Excerpt from Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

Onto, the third, and last thing Palpatine will do with prep is....

• Use his vast precognitive/clairvoyant power, to get a feel for his up coming battle, and somewhat know what to expect.

With it, he has peered into the future and the past:

Sidious had never learned how Plagueis’s own Master had met his end. Had he died at Plagueis’s hand? Had Plagueis, too, experienced a similar exultation on becoming a sole Sith Lord? Had the beast of the end time risen then to peek at the world it was to inhabit, knowing its release was imminent?

He raised his gaze to the ecliptic. The answers were out there, coded in light, speeding through space and time. Liquid fire coursing through him, visions of past and future riffling through his mind, he opened himself to the reconfigured galaxy, as if in an effort to peel away the decades...

--Excerpt from from Darth Plagueis

He was also stated to detect currents in events and deduce the most pragmatic probabilities from them:

Once again, Darth Sidious had divined the actions they would take well in advance of their own deciding. The talent had less to do with being able to peer into the future, than with having access to streams of possibilities. Sidious wasn't unerring. He could be surprised or taken off his guard—as at Geonosis, as in the case of Gunray's mechno-chair—but not for long. His mastery of the dark side of the Force endowed him with the power to decipher the currents that comprised the future, and to comprehend that while those currents were manifold, they were not boundless. Such mastery was one of the skills that distinguished Sidious from Yoda, who believed the future was so much in motion it could not be read with any clarity—especially during times when the dark side was on the ascendant. But how could Yoda be expected to see the whole picture with one eye closed? Deliberately closed.

--Excerpt from from Labyrinth of Evil

So, while I won't be able to know for sure what you are planning, thanks to Sids future peering/ ability to detect future possibilities, I won't be completely in the blind, either.

He will then forward his finding of the future to his teammates via Memory Rub, like he did by mentally implanting into a unwilling Darth Plagueis, someone powerful enough to tip the balance of the Force itself, and have control over life and death.

"You may be wondering: when did he begin to change? The truth is that I haven’t changed. As we have clouded the minds of the Jedi, I clouded yours. Never once did I have any intention of sharing power with you. I needed to learn from you; no more, no less. To learn all of your secrets, which I trusted you would eventually reveal. But what made you think that I would need you after that? Vanity, perhaps; your sense of self-importance. You’ve been nothing more than a pawn in a game played by a genuine Master.

“The Sith’ari.”

A cruel laugh escaped him.

Reflect back on even the past few years—assuming you have the capacity. Yinchorr, Dorvalla, Eriadu, Maul, the Neimoidians, Naboo, an army of clones, the fallen Jedi Dooku... You think these were your ideas, when in fact they were mine, cleverly suggested to you so that you could feed them back to me. You were far too trusting, Plagueis. No true Sith can ever really care about another. This has always been known. There is no way but my way.”

--Exceprt from Darth Plagueis

So, to put it all in perspective, with prep 1 hour prep I will be:

• Speeding up my teams neural responses, thus, increasing their reaction time.
  • Create horde of Dwomutsiqsa - intangible creatures made of pure darkside energy, that can completely swallow the essence of whatever touches.
  • Amping my teams stamina, coordination, will, and morale, so we will act as one efficient team, while simultaneously siphoning the will power of your team at the start of the battle.
  • Using his [Palpatine] Far-seeing ability to peer into the future, and get a feel for the battle to come.

Only using this post as a place holder so I can meet the deadline, I'll add to it later, so DO NOT POST YET.

To be continued......

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd love to take another pop at Boks if nothing else than to be improved as a debater, Derron you're gonna enjoy this... good luck to both of you

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T4V :)

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deronn_solo: still waiting for you to finish as per your request.

9am my time here. If no reply by tonight I will address your points so far and continue

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using only a few minutes of my allowed 1 how prep time, [maybe 1-3] Hal will his ring to increase the reaction time of every member on my team, via speeding up their neural responses:

No Caption Provided

FYI the scan you provided here actually doesn't do what your saying you will. Hal increases the speed of the mental communication between separate entities that work together as one so that the "one" can react faster. He doesn't actually increase their reaction. Noone on your team has such communication that impedes their reactions so it doesn't work for you

FYI, Even if you were successful in achieving this increased reaction, it avails you NOTHING. MIdnighter's battle computer means that normally on the battlefield he is reacting to moves that are yet to be made. He does this by his implants analyzing his adversary and knowing their powers and abilities and his battle computer running 1000's of scenarios. In this battle he has spent at least half an our before the battle running many more than normal using DETAILED knowledge of his opponents and how they actually react (courtesy of Occult). It would matter if your team is 50x faster in raction than mine. My team is reacting to steps you haven't even considered yet.

Emperor Palpatine

With one hour prep - Palpatine will being doing 3 things:

• Summons a horde of darkside creatures known as Summon Demons. By concentrating and chanting a special incantation, Sidious would be capable of summoning Dwomutsiqsa:
No Caption Provided

Here lies your problem. The greatest attack of summons demons is psionic in nature. Your summons have psionic attacks. My summons are 3d constructs without minds. Not much of a threat. The greatest damage they did in your scans was psionic.

• Battle Meditation. Battle Meditation is a ability that allows a Force sensitives to raise the moral, coordination, stamina, will, and overall combative ability - while simultaneously vitiating the resolve/will power of his enemies. Palpatine happened to be a master of the ability, and employed it on entire armies spanning lightyears across the galaxy:

Battle Meditation is a ability that would take no more than moments to activate, and before you ask, no, the task won't require overly amount of strain. During the events of RoTJ, he was actively feeding off the populace of Byss (billions ), amping an entire army of millions over Endor, all while simultaneously watching Luke v Vader, and even wrecking Luke with Force Lightning. Since, the scale here is much, much, much, much, much smaller in size, and depth and not nowhere as spread out, it should take nowhere near as much time, or strain.

Palpatine Battle Meditation passively amped million during the Battle of Endor. The moment he died, the Empire virtually collapsed without it:

Oh I relish the benefits my team will get from your battle meditation.

1. The increased resolve and will your team will get is more brain energy for BW's brain drain apparatus or Occult's disk to drain and feed to my team.
  2. Occult's disk can repel any energy attack back to it's origin.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battle Meditation has been showed to mentally wreck the weak and strong willed simultaneously.

The Dimension of Limbo breaks the will and resolve of any who enter. In reign in Hell Most of the heroes who had gone there were giving up but Occult still retained his will. During this all paths to hell were closed and the same will sapping was spread to those ways, like the shadow lands which had changed so that even Nightshade lost the will to enter them or pass thru them but Occult led her thru this in reign of hell also.

The same dimension was shown to be unable to break the will of Brainwave Snr and Ultra Humanite (even though it sapped the will of even GL's like Hal and Alan as well as the Crime syndicate). BW could use his mental power to pull his son and brother in law to safety even from Limbo and Ultra could escape it. BW Jnr was gifted his fathers power on his death and mentally stomped Ultra after this.

No Caption Provided

Dark Nebula was Psionically attacked by the entire population of the over populated planet of Psionics the Caillians and withstood and when he was about to break the full power of his dark fire was unleashed causing the destruction of their world and their race.

BY all means overpower. It will be your complete annihilation

Onto, the third, and last thing Palpatine will do with prep is....

• Use his vast precognitive/clairvoyant power, to get a feel for his up coming battle, and somewhat know what to expect.

With it, he has peered into the future and the past:

He was also stated to detect currents in events and deduce the most pragmatic probabilities from them:

So, while I won't be able to know for sure what you are planning, thanks to Sids future peering/ ability to detect future possibilities, I won't be completely in the blind, either.

He will then forward his finding of the future to his teammates via Memory Rub, like he did by mentally implanting into a unwilling Darth Plagueis, someone powerful enough to tip the balance of the Force itself, and have control over life and death.

1. Terrific Can do the same courtesy of his lab in the 9th dimension, and has also done so in y prep. I had 4 hours prep and he sent the T-spheres there after he build more so I have a head start on you and more potential futures viewed.
  2. Midnighter also projects possible futures with his battle computer. Usually on the battlefield. Here he has a head start on you with much more detailed infromation to work with along with actually seen futures as well as statistically projected ones.
  3. Occult has a danger sense that has let him sense hazards as well.
  4. I have three actual telepaths in Brainwave, Dark Nebula and Occult plus a fourth (Animalman) who can take on TP as a power. They can read the mind of sidious and know everything he's seen and any plans he's made to counter them AND a battle computer linked by TP to this can make projections and counters before you have enacted the plans.

Don't really see how this i s aiding you. Let's remember I left two T-shperes in the 9th dimension watching potential futures so i will know of any alternate changes to the future that arise from your team making different choices as you make them, and will alter accordingly.

So, to put it all in perspective, with prep 1 hour prep I will be:

• Speeding up my teams neural responses, thus, increasing their reaction time.
  • Create horde of Dwomutsiqsa - intangible creatures made of pure darkside energy, that can completely swallow the essence of whatever touches.
  • Amping my teams stamina, coordination, will, and morale, so we will act as one efficient team, while simultaneously siphoning the will power of your team at the start of the battle.
  • Using his [Palpatine] Far-seeing ability to peer into the future, and get a feel for the battle to come.

So what do we really have

• That's not what you achieved based on the scan
  • Such a shame they will be fighting the summons of Brainwaves 3D constructs that have no "essence" to swallow
  • Courtesy of the brain drain apparatus and Occult's disk every amp you give yourself is mine to use by either draining and giving to my own team members or turning back on you.
  • Already done twice over by my team.

Now lets look at why you loose so utterly.

One member of my team has already defeated TWO GL's easily Hal's equal

He possessed one and used him to pound another.

Another of my team with only the help of one, has Occupied the Aztar possessed and AMPED Spectre while their allies prepared their moves to bring him down.

No Caption Provided

A third member of my team has faced and defeated a primal force like Life or death

A fourth member has taken on the power of the sun eater, an being that devours solar systems

No Caption Provided

All this with two brilliant tacticians, both with access to the future potential outcomes and what would be the results of certain attacks.

I have many ways of utterly destroying your team and the means to see what will and wont work before I try.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emperorthanos-  Moderator
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@beatboks1: seeing as how your opponent only made one post. You go through to the next round.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beatboks gets my vote. Deronn didn't even mention Aizen or Thor-girl, which is sad.