A question to all Naysayers to BVS trailer! How do you know it showed too much...

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How do you know it showed too much when you haven't seen the movie?

You can't possibly know it spoilt the movie until you've seen it surely!

By the way I am also a naysayer to aspects of the trailer. I hated the humor, look of Doomsday and I still think Jessie as Lex is a mistake from what I've seen, but if you look closely at the trailer there is plenty to suggest that we haven't seen anything like a plot synopsis of the film and even further from what we have seen I think there is plenty to be excited for as well.

I'm not trolling either, but how can you know a trailer showed too much without seeing the film. Only after the film can we make any assessment as to whether it spoilt the entire plot. Just saying!

Thoughts?

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie is called Batman vs Superman. It was pitched as a movie about Batman vs Superman. Most people were interested in seeing a movie about Superman vs Batman despite the fact we know WB wanted it to be the setup for them to start churning out Justice League movies. We now know that Batman and Superman stop fighting and team-up to fight Doomsday.

Now I dont think anyone expected Superman to kill Batman or vice versa and it was a pretty safe bet that they would realise they should be good pals. But showing that in the trailer is an entirely different thing.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

Well it spoiled a big reveal by showing doomsday in the trailer, and the trailer looks like it summed up the entire movie in 3 minutes. They meet/exchange a few words, then Lex manipulates them into fighting and the 3rd act will be them teaming up to fight Lex/an orc . . . . . I mean doomsday . . . . . or zodsday. Sure there's a bunch of filler and detail between that, but the plot appears to have been shown completely. I'm honestly not very hyped for BvS, hope it proves me wrong though.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The movie is called Batman vs Superman. It was pitched as a movie about Batman vs Superman. Most people were interested in seeing a movie about Superman vs Batman despite the fact we know WB wanted it to be the setup for them to start churning out Justice League movies. We now know that Batman and Superman stop fighting and team-up to fight Doomsday.

Now I dont think anyone expected Superman to kill Batman or vice versa and it was a pretty safe bet that they would realise they should be good pals. But showing that in the trailer is an entirely different thing.

No actually its called Batman V. Superman: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!!!!!!

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By MrMazz

Because we live in a media saturated enviroment where we have consumed hundreds of hours of TV and have a built in understanding of how conventional Hollywood film operates structurally.

I don't think it revealed to much, ince hey it's all in the synopsis they released and it's not like Batz and Supes weren't going to be friends by the end. OF course they were

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually felt they showed too much at first, but then I read an article by Mark Hughes. He said the trailer was pretty much confirmation for our speculation and that we haven't seen anything yet. He said there's still a big percentage of things that we don't know anything about and how they play out over the course of the movie.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it was predictable and required 5th grade common sense to see that this trailer was rushed and showing all plot points to compete with the MCU.

You don't know all the plot points because it was revealed that there is another threat besides Doomsday so stop attempting to bash DC.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MyScreen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

there is a bigger spoiler and threat then doomsday. See screen crush.