Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I remember he was less muscular that Superman and also Superman was taller that Batman, not by much, but it was taller.

I mean i liked more when it looked like Bruce Lee, martial artist, toda he looks like if he was using roids.

He looks like John Cena, i mean, batman have to be fast and agile, i mean muscular big guys, usually cant move that much, Batman needs to move, kick, punch and run.

Is he using roid, becuase at this point he wil look bigger that Hulk.

He was like this guy.

Now he is like The Great Khali.

I mean, i like Khali, i think he sucks at wrestling, but i like him as a person.

But why does Batman need to look so huge?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By jumpstart55
@DeathpooltheT1000
In my opinion Neal Adams drew Batman in the best proportions.
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
@jumpstart55 said:
@DeathpooltheT1000
In my opinion Neal Adams drew Batman in the best proportions.
Look at him, he look big, agile, strong, a martial artist style body, he looked awesome.
Now he looks to big and to muscular to belive he could actully kick me in the face.
batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By batman_is_god
@DeathpooltheT1000
The reason he is so buff is because your terrible grammar pissed him off so badly that he did nothing but hit the gym to get his mind off of it.
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By jumpstart55
@DeathpooltheT1000:If you ask me, this probably all started because of Frank Millers Dark Knight returns.   
I dont really have a problem with Batman being overly muscular but, some times it can be a little ridiculous.
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By daredevil21134
@batman_is_god said:
@DeathpooltheT1000: The reason he is so buff is because your terrible grammar pissed him off so badly that he did nothing but hit the gym to get his mind off of it.
lol
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
@batman_is_god said:
@DeathpooltheT1000: The reason he is so buff is because your terrible grammar pissed him off so badly that he did nothing but hit the gym to get his mind off of it.
Is called roid rage.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis
@daredevil21134 said:
@batman_is_god said:
lol
WIN.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

Batman looks better as a lean, muscular, non-bodybuilder type.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Batman's a big, strong, smart guy. It wasn't always like that, I agree with the other post that The Dark Knight Returns did that, but strangely enough, he was fine in Year One.  

I like Alex Ross's Batman/Bruce Wayne. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

He's always been buff and tall. He's been as tall as Superman for some time now. 

As for the question regarding musculature, his opponents got stronger and smarter, so Bruce adapted.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc said:

Batman looks better as a lean, muscular, non-bodybuilder type.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
He's always been buff and tall. He's been as tall as Superman for some time now.   As for the question regarding musculature, his opponents got stronger and smarter, so Bruce adapted.
Bodybuilders are slow and unagile guys. 
Batman have to face fast guys, agile ones, so being so big is actually a big problem. 
Since big guys are slow, also he need to be fast, he need to be agile. 
His body look like some on roids.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
@batman_is_god said:
The guy probably doesn't speak english very well, so way to be ignorant.

I agree, guys like Cap, Bats, and Daredevil should be drawn as more lean and cut as opposed to buff and muscular
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Primmaster64

There has been some comics...that Bruce...pretty much looked like Supes...I'm like WTF?

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Amegashita
@DeathpooltheT1000:  How are big guys slow?  Sure, if you just have someone who just pumps weights all day of course he'll be slow.  But when you have people like Ray Lewis, Terrel Owens, and Usain Bolt burning down the field at speeds you'd never think possible for people their size.  How big a person is doesn't effect their speed, it's what they do.  Batman is a martial artist, and he is flexible because he stretches constantly and he works his muscles universally as to avoid slowing down.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle
@Amegashita said:
@DeathpooltheT1000:  How are big guys slow?  Sure, if you just have someone who just pumps weights all day of course he'll be slow.  But when you have people like Ray Lewis, Terrel Owens, and Usain Bolt burning down the field at speeds you'd never think possible for people their size.  How big a person is doesn't effect their speed, it's what they do.  Batman is a martial artist, and he is flexible because he stretches constantly and her works his muscles universally as to avoid slowing down.
This is the correct answer
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Amegashita

And for the sake of the comic, if you saw some skinny person in a Bat Costume, would you be afraid of him?  I doubt it.  But now you get some buff man in that costume who's faster than you and stronger than you, that's scary.  Bruce is big so that he can evoke fear in his enemies, as said before in comic, he's presenting an image and the image needs to be frightful.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Deranged Midget

It's comic proportions. Everyone is massive.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sydpart2

lol dude you need to brush up on your English. Or just go full text speak and save people the headache. I've read a lot of your topics on this site and the titles always make me laugh. But to address your point...yeah he shouldn't be massive and I agree with the Bruce Lee point...matter of fact I always say the Batman is like James Bond, Sherlock Homes, and Bruce Lee rolled into one.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So long as someone gets his point across, proper English doesn't matter too much. People should realize being anal retentive is just as annoying, if not more.
I'm sure Batman is muscular from years of fighting, acrobatics (gymnasts have unbelievable physiques), lifting heavy rubble on occasion and shielding puppies from explosions.

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wise Son
@comicdude23 said:
Batman's a big, strong, smart guy. It wasn't always like that, I agree with the other post that The Dark Knight Returns did that, but strangely enough, he was fine in Year One.  

I like Alex Ross's Batman/Bruce Wayne. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Agreed. The dimensions on this version is great.
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sydpart2: @cattlebattle: @Deranged Midget: @comicdude23: @sesquipedalophobe: Ok i give you that some time is hard to understand me, but even inspanish that is a problem,  my mind work like Walken, from crazyness to something.
The pioint here is that he goes from this:
No Caption Provided
Deathstroke Body Type to this:
Ultimate Avengers 3 #2
Ultimate Avengers 3 #2
Nerd Hulk Body Type.
unrealnils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By unrealnils

I like how its kind of easy to distinguish between Bruce and Dick at the moment as both of them have diffrentish frames when wearing the cowl .....
All_StarSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By All_StarSupes

As society views of what a hero should look like changes thus Batman does the same.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@All_StarSupes said:
As society views of what a hero should look like changes thus Batman does the same.
So the people wants the Hulk Body Type?
any people cry about Big Boobs in comics, even when some times are not that big.
So why no one cry about the fact, that Batman looks like Hulk?
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Feliciano2040
@Amegashita said:
  And for the sake of the comic, if you saw some skinny person in a Bat Costume, would you be afraid of him?  I doubt it.  But now you get some buff man in that costume who's faster than you and stronger than you, that's scary.  Bruce is big so that he can evoke fear in his enemies, as said before in comic, he's presenting an image and the image needs to be frightful.

Then again, he shows up to people mostly at night, quickly delivering punches and kicks to the face, plus there's the cape which closes below his adam's apple, so it would be very hard for someone to be in a situation where he would say "Oh my, that Batman guy sure looks built !", most assuredly that someone would be covering his bloody nose with his hands while screaming.

Therefore, there's no need to "McGuinessize" Batman.
WaveMotionGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WaveMotionGun
@Amegashita said:
@DeathpooltheT1000:  How are big guys slow?  Sure, if you just have someone who just pumps weights all day of course he'll be slow.  But when you have people like Ray Lewis, Terrel Owens, and Usain Bolt burning down the field at speeds you'd never think possible for people their size.  How big a person is doesn't effect their speed, it's what they do.  Batman is a martial artist, and he is flexible because he stretches constantly and he works his muscles universally as to avoid slowing down.
All three of those guys are not big (with the exception of Ray Lewis but he's barely 6 ft tall) Terell Owens and Usain Bolt are actually very lean and cut. They are exactly what Batman should look like, instead of the huge Frank Miller or roided out Ed McGuiness version (which I love but he's bigger than Supes sometimes Lol). He looks too bulky to be stealthy or agile.
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Amegashita
@WaveMotionGun:  Not really, it's comic logic.  If Wolverine can go around sneaking like a ninja with a body made of the densest metal in the world, then Bruce, with his frame can be sneaky.  Secondly, it's not a matter of size or ability that affects a person's stealth or agility, it's the skill and the training.  When you train as hard as Bruce does, it's not a matter of genetics, it's skill.
WaveMotionGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WaveMotionGun
@Amegashita said:
@WaveMotionGun:  Not really, it's comic logic.  If Wolverine can go around sneaking like a ninja with a body made of the densest metal in the world, then Bruce, with his frame can be sneaky.  Secondly, it's not a matter of size or ability that affects a person's stealth or agility, it's the skill and the training.  When you train as hard as Bruce does, it's not a matter of genetics, it's skill.
Wolverine being able to do that is complete PIS. Batman on the other hand wouldn't and shouldn't need to get that bulky. Bulk slows him down and diminishes his agility. You used Usain Bolt as an example, that is almost exactly what Batman's frame should be in reality , muscular and lean not Brock Lesnar like. Batman's listed at what 6'2-6'3"  ? Supes is listed from what I could find at 6'3 so they should appear to be same height with Supes leaning more towards a body builders physique.
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Amegashita
@WaveMotionGun:   Usain Bolt is not lean.  The width of his quadriceps eliminate him from being considered lean.  People like Marvin Harrison are lean.  Size doesn't effect speed, training does.  It doesn't matter how big he is if he trains as much as he does.  When you have people as big as Jared Woods free running around Miami, while also being unbelievably fast, it's no longer a matter of size, but skill.
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Feliciano2040 said:

@Amegashita said:

Then again, he shows up to people mostly at night, quickly delivering punches and kicks to the face, plus there's the cape which closes below his adam's apple, so it would be very hard for someone to be in a situation where he would say "Oh my, that Batman guy sure looks built !", most assuredly that someone would be covering his bloody nose with his hands while screaming.  Therefore, there's no need to "McGuinessize" Batman.

@WaveMotionGun said:

@Amegashita said:

All three of those guys are not big (with the exception of Ray Lewis but he's barely 6 ft tall) Terell Owens and Usain Bolt are actually very lean and cut. They are exactly what Batman should look like, instead of the huge Frank Miller or roided out Ed McGuiness version (which I love but he's bigger than Supes sometimes Lol). He looks too bulky to be stealthy or agile.

@Amegashita said:

@WaveMotionGun:   Usain Bolt is not lean.  The width of his quadriceps eliminate him from being considered lean.  People like Marvin Harrison are lean.  Size doesn't effect speed, training does.  It doesn't matter how big he is if he trains as much as he does.  When you have people as big as Jared Woods free running around Miami, while also being unbelievably fast, it's no longer a matter of size, but skill.

Marko Zaror is how Batman should look like, looks at him, he is fast, strong, he is big, still he never get into that point where being musculñar ruins your speed and your agility. 
Like i said Marko is the example of how does Batman should look like, also Adkins.
But in many comics he look like Nathan Jones.

Look at the fact that Jones have bigger muscles that Marko, Marko could kick you in the face and run behind of you seconds later, Nathan cant run, his body is to big.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Timandm

It really depends on  the writer and the artist at the time...  It'd be interesting to see images of Batman throughout the years....

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@Primmaster64 said:
There has been some comics...that Bruce...pretty much looked like Supes...I'm like WTF?
I actually like when Supes is a bit more slim. Not skinny but still. More like Gary Frank's version (basically like Reeves was.)
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Primmaster64
@Kal'smahboi said:
@Primmaster64 said:
I actually like when Supes is a bit more slim. Not skinny but still. More like Gary Frank's version (basically like Reeves was.)
No...But I mean...that Bruce literaly looks like Supes, facial expresions, everything...
Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@Primmaster64 said:
@Kal'smahboi said:
@Primmaster64 said:
No...But I mean...that Bruce literaly looks like Supes, facial expresions, everything...
Oooooh haha. That's one of two things: One, the artist can only draw one face or two, the artist was trying to make them look brotherly or related. It's either artistic or lazy. Usually lazy ; )
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Primmaster64
@Kal'smahboi: Sometimes I'm like ''Why is Clark in a Bat-suit?''
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Primmaster64 said:
@Kal'smahboi: Sometimes I'm like ''Why is Clark in a Bat-suit?''
What is getting boring, since Batman is pretty much having the same powers that Captain America.
Why cant people love Batman for what he is?
He is not Captain America, he is not Hulk, he is just a normal human, that trains hard to be the best.
Avatar image for batflasharrow96
batflasharrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By batflasharrow96
@Sydpart2: That's really mean.
Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By Obsurity

First: Roid rage is not something proven. There's hasn't been too many studies on steroids because casual use is illegal among other reasons 

Two: Just because someone is "bodybuilder", swole or huge doesn't mean they can't be agile, quick ect. 

Great point: Gymnasts are very muscular
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh cmon, i hav read everything and thing came that Batman should be as tall and muscular as Superman?

Cmon it makes no sense.

I dont mean that Batman need to be skinny, i mean the guy dont need a body builder body.

I mean the guy needs to be muscular to a point he looks like Hulk or the Thing?.

stikfigureman2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By stikfigureman2

can you imagine if Liefield drew him? LOL

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Deranged Midget: I think that your answer is the most relevant to this topic. Nevertheless, I do have to agree with those that want Batman a little bit less muscular. And guys, it's a fact that being bulky means you lose other qualities, like agility or speed, because of the weight. Despite the fact it's muscle weight, it is actual weight. But, we're talking about a comic hero, so it's all about the current way of depicting a character. Nowadays, they like to draw superheroes, as body builders. I can live with that...

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@batman_is_god said:

LOL
redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By redwingx

Ill tell you why. Bruce has aged. Dick is THE BATMAN as in build wise now. Bruce has grown as an tank sense Dick grow up. Its only naturally for him to become like this.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Deranged Midget: I think that your answer is the most relevant to this topic. Nevertheless, I do have to agree with those that want Batman a little bit less muscular. And guys, it's a fact that being bulky means you lose other qualities, like agility or speed, because of the weight. Despite the fact it's muscle weight, it is actual weight. But, we're talking about a comic hero, so it's all about the current way of depicting a character. Nowadays, they like to draw superheroes, as body builders. I can live with that...

Yeah, but it think that batman looking like the rest of people, overlook the fact that Batman is not like the rest of the heroes.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By moywar700

This is fan service for those girls out there =p

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moywar700 said:

This is fan service for those girls out there =p

It makes sense, but it think girl usually dont like a giant body, you know, most of women dont find sexy to look at Arnold Swasmcnugget.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By iaconpoint

As much as I love Arkham Asylum, I always thought Bruce was WAAAYYY to big to be an effective martial arts fighter in the game. His build looks more like Thor or even Cap. I always thought Batman should be built more like a basketball player than a wrestler. Won't make me ever stop playing the game or reading the books though.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iaconpoint said:

As much as I love Arkham Asylum, I always thought Bruce was WAAAYYY to big to be an effective martial arts fighter in the game. His build looks more like Thor or even Cap. I always thought Batman should be built more like a basketball player than a wrestler. Won't make me ever stop playing the game or reading the books though.

No, i would buy the comic, alway that the stories are good.

But Batman changes for no good reason, today movie heroes are smaller.

Also Batman dont look like the Rock, he looks bigger that Arnold Wharttenegger.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He cycles