Dick

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

I'm sure he loves all his children evenly... Actually that's a lie parents say to their kids to keep them from asking again. It's between Grayson and Damian.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Enzo991

In a weird way, I like to think it's Jason. Out of all the Robins, I think he's the only one who'll never truly abandon Bruce, and not even death was enough to make Jason resent Bruce. Also, while he's more violent and seemingly doesn't adhere to Bruce's philosophy on crime fighting, he does it because he knows Bruce can't and he hopes that the day doesn't come when Bruce has to break his code, believing himself too far gone for it to matter, and choosing to make that sacrifice.

I like to think of the Robins, as each emphasizing a certain aspect of Bruce's character. Dick has Bruce's charisma and leadership skills, Tim has Bruce's intelligence and detective skills, and Jason has Bruce's focus and intense dedication to the mission. Out of the three, I think Jason is the only one who'll never move on from Bruce, and the only one who's truly willing to go the distance with Bruce, if Bruce only asked him. Meanwhile, both Dick and Tim where shown to move on and focus on their own lives at different times in the comics.

They all love Bruce, and he loves them all, but I like to think that Jason was always meant to be THE Robin, as he resembles Bruce the most in my opinion.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Duke obviously.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Duke obviously.

Right. The other robins don't hold a candle to Duke.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@enzo991 said:

In a weird way, I like to think it's Jason. Out of all the Robins, I think he's the only one who'll never truly abandon Bruce, and not even death was enough to make Jason resent Bruce. Also, while he's more violent and seemingly doesn't adhere to Bruce's philosophy on crime fighting, he does it because he knows Bruce can't and he hopes that the day doesn't come when Bruce has to break his code, believing himself too far gone for it to matter, and choosing to make that sacrifice.

I like to think of the Robins, as each emphasizing a certain aspect of Bruce's character. Dick has Bruce's charisma and leadership skills, Tim has Bruce's intelligence and detective skills, and Jason has Bruce's focus and intense dedication to the mission. Out of the three, I think Jason is the only one who'll never move on from Bruce, and the only one who's truly willing to go the distance with Bruce, if Bruce only asked him. Meanwhile, both Dick and Tim where shown to move on and focus on their own lives at different times in the comics.

They all love Bruce, and he loves them all, but I like to think that Jason was always meant to be THE Robin, as he resembles Bruce the most in my opinion.

Interesting Breakdown for Jason and the other Robins.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

Except not being avenged by Bruce did make him resent Bruce.

Interesting analysis of them all, but i'd never say that either Dick or Tim "moved on" from Bruce just because they happened to be in different places and doing different things. Also can't vibe with the idea that only Jason has Bruce's focus and dedication to the mission, when we've seen all of them continue the mission with or without Bruce. Jason, in fact, is the only one who ever strayed from it after being resurrected and seeking revenge on both Joker and Batman. I know Dick at least has said it straight up, he'd die for Bruce and I believe the same about Tim and Damian. Dick's also made it clear that he doesn't need to be Batman, but that if something ever happens to Bruce he'll be there to defend Gotham as Batman, which is really the best way of continuing Bruce's mission and making sure that Gotham is always safe.

@entropy_aegis said:

Duke obviously.

Right. The other robins don't hold a candle to Duke.

Oh this goes without saying. The others honestly should never have put on the costume at all and should be killed for thinking they could do so without repurcussions.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Enzo991

@nathaniel_christopher said:

Interesting analysis of them all, but i'd never say that either Dick or Tim "moved on" from Bruce just because they happened to be in different places and doing different things. Also can't vibe with the idea that only Jason has Bruce's focus and dedication to the mission, when we've seen all of them continue the mission with or without Bruce. Jason, in fact, is the only one who ever strayed from it after being resurrected and seeking revenge on both Joker and Batman. I know Dick at least has said it straight up, he'd die for Bruce and I believe the same about Tim and Damian. Dick's also made it clear that he doesn't need to be Batman, but that if something ever happens to Bruce he'll be there to defend Gotham as Batman, which is really the best way of continuing Bruce's mission and making sure that Gotham is always safe.

Yeah, he held a grudge over not being avenged for a while, but he eventually let it go. Also, he felt betrayed because he believed the fact that Bruce didn't avenge him, meant that he didn't love him the way Jason did. Jason said it himself, if Bruce was the one who got killed by the Joker, he would've hunted him down and killed him, because he separated him from Bruce. He didn't hate Bruce because he let him die, he hated Bruce because he didn't prove his devotion to him by avenging his death. This shows how almost fanatical Jason is about Bruce, and helps illustrate my point.

Dick and Tim "moved on" in the sense that they were comfortable to operate alone outside of Batman's crusade, as Nightwing and Red Robin respectively. Meanwhile, while never too far away, Jason is punishing himself by keeping away from Bruce and the Batfamily, because he does what they don't, believing himself to be the black sheep of the family, unworthy to be an official part of it, but never staying too far away. I said the Robins "emphasize" different aspect of Bruce, not that they're the only one who have them. They're all intelligent, dedicated, and great leaders, but they emphasize and highlight these aspects differently, and the way I see it, Jason is the one that has the same kind of obsessive drive that Bruce has, and that's why I don't see him ever stopping his crusade.

They all would die for Bruce, and they all would be there for him if he needed them, that's not even in question. However, the topic is asking "which Robin loves Batman the most", and I looked at that as "who's life revolves around Batman the most" and I think Jason exhibits that more than the rest. Unlike the others who have a life outside Batman, Jason's life is an extension of Batman, and I think that had Jason not died back in the day, he would've still been Robin to this day. Jason is too attached to Bruce to pull a Nightwing and break off on his own. To clarify, this is not saying the other Robins don't love Batman and Bruce, just that they're not as fanatical about it.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

Yeah, he held a grudge over not being avenged for a while, but he eventually let it go. Also, he felt betrayed because he believed the fact that Bruce didn't avenge him, meant that he didn't love him the way Jason did. Jason said it himself, if Bruce was the one who got killed by the Joker, he would've hunted him down and killed him, because he separated him from Bruce. He didn't hate Bruce because he let him die, he hated Bruce because he didn't prove his devotion to him by avenging his death. This shows how almost fanatical Jason is about Bruce, and helps illustrate my point.

Dick and Tim "moved on" in the sense that they were comfortable to operate alone outside of Batman's crusade, as Nightwing and Red Robin respectively. Meanwhile, while never too far away, Jason is punishing himself by keeping away from Bruce and the Batfamily, because he does what they don't, believing himself to be the black sheep of the family, unworthy to be an official part of it, but never staying too far away. I said the Robins "emphasize" different aspect of Bruce, not that they're the only one who have them. They're all intelligent, dedicated, and great leaders, but they emphasize and highlight these aspects differently, and the way I see it, Jason is the one that has the same kind of obsessive drive that Bruce has, and that's why I don't see him ever stopping his crusade.

They all would die for Bruce, and they all would be there for him if he needed them, that's not even in question. However, the topic is asking "which Robin loves Batman the most", and I looked at that as "who's life revolves around Batman the most" and I think Jason exhibits that more than the rest. Unlike the others who have a life outside Batman, Jason's life is an extension of Batman, and I think that had Jason not died back in the day, he would've still been Robin to this day. Jason is too attached to Bruce to pull a Nightwing and break off on his own. To clarify, this is not saying the other Robins don't love Batman and Bruce, just that they're not as fanatical about it.

Point being, he did resent Bruce.

Needless to say however I disagree with most of what you're saying, but I don't see any need to argue over it. As I said earlier, that's one interesting interpretation of all the Robins.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Point being, he did resent Bruce.

Needless to say however I disagree with most of what you're saying, but I don't see any need to argue over it. As I said earlier, that's one interesting interpretation of all the Robins.

Ummm well thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post :)

bighero6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bighero6

Grayson

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

The Dick.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RDClip

They all care about Batman in their own ways depending on their personality.

Dick has the most respect for Bruce as a hero because they have both worked at similar levels. He is the only Robin that became a solo hero and is respected and has worked with other solo heroes. He's probably the Robin that most understands Bruce because of his similar origin and he's spent the longest with him.

Jason is angry, but still cares for Bruce in a resentful way. He thinks he has a better way to do things, but still respects Batman.

Tim is the Robin that worships Bruce the most. Even though I've heard people say that Tim doesn't, I really think of all the Robins, he would be the one that would most want to wear the cowl when Bruce gives it up.

Damien, despite his abrasive arrogance and difficult personality, is still a little kid and thus still has the child-like love for his father. I also think Damien is grateful to Bruce in that he allows Damien to make his own decisions rather than be manipulated by Talia.

I don't really think it matters who cares about him more, they would all go the distance and die for Bruce if they needed to.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's really tough. Bruce is Dick's father figure/brother, Tim's adoptive father, and Damian's biological father. There's honestly no way to really say.

@enzo991 said:

I like to think that Jason was always meant to be THE Robin, as he resembles Bruce the most in my opinion.

Dick is far more of a parallel to Bruce than Jason will ever be. Dick just happened to have the guidance of Bruce (someone that experienced the same tragedy) to help him lead a happier life.

imSpitterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian... He would (sadly) give up his life to protect him. He even killed NoBody instead of Bruce so that he wouldn't break his no killing rule.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dick , and I like him the most

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's really tough. Bruce is Dick's father figure/brother, Tim's adoptive father, and Damian's biological father. There's honestly no way to really say.

@enzo991 said:

I like to think that Jason was always meant to be THE Robin, as he resembles Bruce the most in my opinion.

Dick is far more of a parallel to Bruce than Jason will ever be. Dick just happened to have the guidance of Bruce (someone that experienced the same tragedy) to help him lead a happier life.

BibbyBoxx2219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, maybe a tie between Damian and Dick, with Tim a close second.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lactosetolerant
LactoseTolerant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LactoseTolerant

While I understand that each Robin has huge amounts of respect and admiration, I'll have to go with Damian. If you read issue #0 of Batman and Robin, you see that the kid literally grew up learning about and idolizing his father despite him not being a part of his life. His very motivation for becoming a better fighter and eventually besting his mother in combat was that if he did he'd get the chance to finally see him. He killed Nobody so that Bruce wouldn't have to. The kid even scoured the sewers later on looking for the pieces of Martha Wayne's necklace and gave it to Bruce as a gift. I definitely think he's the one who loves him the most.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Damian and Dick.

Klark_Cent099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Klark_Cent099

@enzo991: wow that was a nice analysis. and yeah I completely agree.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, maybe a tie between Damian and Dick, with Tim a close second.

This

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@rdclip said:

They all care about Batman in their own ways depending on their personality.

Dick has the most respect for Bruce as a hero because they have both worked at similar levels. He is the only Robin that became a solo hero and is respected and has worked with other solo heroes. He's probably the Robin that most understands Bruce because of his similar origin and he's spent the longest with him.

Jason is angry, but still cares for Bruce in a resentful way. He thinks he has a better way to do things, but still respects Batman.

Tim is the Robin that worships Bruce the most. Even though I've heard people say that Tim doesn't, I really think of all the Robins, he would be the one that would most want to wear the cowl when Bruce gives it up.

Damien, despite his abrasive arrogance and difficult personality, is still a little kid and thus still has the child-like love for his father. I also think Damien is grateful to Bruce in that he allows Damien to make his own decisions rather than be manipulated by Talia.

I don't really think it matters who cares about him more, they would all go the distance and die for Bruce if they needed to.

The only right answer.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991: Intriguing explanation, you clearly have a very in-depth knowledge of these characters.

millernumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Stephanie, clearly. :)

But in all honesty, I believe it's Tim. Excellent arguments can be made for all of the Robins (except Steph, even though she's my favorite), but Tim really developed under Bruce the most as Robin, whereas Dick becomes his own man and is solidly Nightwing, and Damian is hampered by his ingrained training by Talia.

This is not to say Bruce doesn't love all seven of his Robins, though.

zaltherion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first one , Nightwing

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian and Dick are tied.

For sure he loves Dick

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think Bruce loves and cares for all of his Robins equally. No favorites.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@rdclip: Tim was solo for a while and has worked with other heroes.