What Marvel Character could beat Batman?

• 170 results
jackjeansonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jackjeansonne

Given the time he's had to study superhumans in his universe, he's been able to plan each one's defeat. However, the Bat has been defeated numerous times by lesser talent.

So, if the Bat knows he has to beat someone, he can probably get the job done. Meet up on a dark rooftop, though, without complete prep, or even if the Bat is taken by surprise, he's not hard to take out.

Any sort of powerful energy blast can knock him down or out. He can be deafened, blinded, crushed, burned, and pierced. Almost any superhero, if he got a free hit on Batman, would damage him. However, face to face, blow for blow, Batman will last at least until he can escape.

Batman thinks faster than anyone. I feel that using his "stuff", he takes out Daredevil, Cap. America, and most fairly normal human-types. Maybe even some big bruisers like the Thing, Wolverine, etc. could be handled with brains and gadgets.

However, superhuman speed, magic, telekinesis, and stuff that can immobilize him would do him in. That said, it leaves many Marvel heroes winning said brawl.

Connoronnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Connoronnor

Seeing as this is Bruce Wayne at his peak, I'm guessing he is at his intellectual best. As we saw in Tower of Babylon, and mentioned just above me, Batman has a plan to defeat any hero in the DC Universe. So, given time to prep, he could most likely defeat any Marvel Hero.

However, the reason Batman is so glorified is because his character and rogues gallery is just amazing, and the range of stories written for him have been so highly regarded, not because he can win a brawl. While he can easily defeat any small-time crook and street-level hero, if he comes unprepared against any major hero or foe he is, while not quickly or easily, overcome more often than not. We see this in the recent Scott Snyder "Court of Owls" storyline, or in the much-loved "Knight-Fall".

That said, all of these stories eventually show Batman recovering and defeating these villains. So, if we assume that no Marvel Hero would intentionally kill anyone, Batman would eventually defeat all of them, it's just a matter of time.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Mega_spidey01

black panther, ironfist or taskmster could take batman.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By OmegaRed86

Jesus Christ. Batman's greatest strength: Prep time.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Rumble Man

Depends on beating batman on what, that is too generic a term

but reed richards beats wayne in terms of smarts

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#57  Edited By spidermonkey2099

Silver Surfer, Living Tribunal, Thor, Thanos, and Galactus all come to mind as to being able to beat Batman. I think he could beat Wolverine and the Hulk. He wouldn't be able to take them out in a fist-to-fist fight, but I could see him beating them by getting them in their angry, feral states and then outsmarting them and luring them into traps. I could see it going either way in a fight against Iron Man. One repulsor blast from Iron Man and Batman's out, so the trick there is to not let Iron Man seem him (much like someone correctly said the case would be with Cyclops). I also agree with whoever it was who said that Batman could take out all of the street level Marvels. I think some of them would be close fights (particularly with Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Captain America), but I think that Batman is a slightly better fighter than any of those guys. I don't see Batman beating Professor X or any other psychics unless he can get his hands on Magneto's helmet first, and if he knows Magneto's abilities, Batman could beat him by luring Magneto to a place without any metals and replace all of the metal objects in his utility belt with plastic objects.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Okay, i want to clear one thing up: Hulk could NOT beat Batman. Batman would spray nitrous oxide at Hulk and Hulk would change into Bruce Banner having a laughing fit.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

okay one more thing, Batman could take out Ironman with an EMP device. Now, before you say ironman is immune to emp's i would love to see some scans of it.

tyco6300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By tyco6300

If his whoever Batman is fighting has a weakness that Batman can exploit and with preparation time Batman could win. Without one of those he will not have a chance! (Unless he could figure out the weakness on the spot and use it against his enemy before he gets destroyed! x3) C:

This is my opinion no rage please! x3

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#61  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Black Panther or maybe Ironman.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NEEK_03

@ShirEPanjshir said:

@Alpha1029 said:

" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You guys just don't get it don't you? You guys don't even know who Batman is and start making a stupid list of heroes that you think can beat Batman? LOL, you don't know anything about Batman. "

Yes I do, Batman is on my monthly pull-list.

@Alpha1029 said:

" Batman is one of the most intelligent heroes in the DC universe, actually the most, not one of the most he is the top mastermind. "

He is indeed one of the most intelligent, but I'm pretty sure if we're talking overall IQ, not the most intelligent. However wits and battle-strategy he is a master in.

@Alpha1029 said:

"You actually think Iron Man can defeat Batman??? LOL, this is how Batman works in case you guys don't know, Iron Man wear a robotic machine, so as long as Iron Man don't have a machine his a pussy. Batman found the weakness, there is A LOT of possibilities of how Batman can beat Iron Man with his super genius level, create a device that controls Iron's Man suit and deactivate it. "

You sir, obviously haven't read any Iron Man comics lately. Iron Man doesn't wear the suit anymore, it is a part of him. The new Bleeding Edge suit is inside of his body and controlled telepathically by Stark himself. You also must remember, that technology-wise, few are equal to Tony Stark's genius.

@Alpha1029 said:

"Batman is not retarded he knows he won't beat Thor, that is why he got soo many allies, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and a lot of others to back him up when things goes ugly. "

I'll grant you that he could indeed defeat Thor with the aid of Superman, Green Lantern, etc. But I do believe the topic is on how Batman would beat a single character on his own? Because if you take Batman's alliances as an argument. You should also grant Thor his allies. So this would become Avengers versus the JLA or something, which isn't the topic.

@Alpha1029 said:

"he also beat Hulk before -.- "

As I stated before: that comic's writing was absurd. There 's no way in hell that Batman could punch the Hulk, who won't go down after several hits of Thor's mjolnir, hard enough to make him gasp for air etc. But OK: you can have this one, seeing as it has been shown in comics ( though by that reasoning, Batman has also been proven to have wet his pants ).

@Alpha1029 said:

"Spiderman's weakness? His girlfriend "

Actually, Spider-Man and MJ ( since I think you're referring to her ) aren't together anymore right now. Besides, I highly doubt that Batman would threaten a man's girlfriend to win. But if he would, than he'd probably be able to make Spider-Man do as he wishes.

@Alpha1029 said:

"Invincible woman? Get water all over her or mud or anything, as long as Batman know where she is there is no way she can beat Batman. "

Agreed. Batman would be able to take on Invisible Woman. Batman is smart enough and skilled enough to get passed her invisibility and probably could deal with her shields etc. too.

@Alpha1029 said:

"Thing is soo weak, I can't believe you actually compare thing to Batman, his not over glorified, he IS the BEST. "

Thing isn't exactly what I'd call weak. Thing actually has gone toe to toe with the likes of the Hulk etc. before. But I guess Batman would be able to trap him or something like that.

@Alpha1029 said:

"And by the way Batman is not for punching thugs, Batman beat The Joker, Bane (which would beat up thing), Killer Croc (which would also beat up thing), Poison Ivy (Spiderman, Ironman, Thing and the list goes on which couldn't resist her poisonous kiss), Scarecrow (this is a good one, Batman's only fear is bat, and he overcomes it by being a Bat himself, he have no fear. All the other heroes have fear, yes ALL, they might go insane for ever). You just never understand how good Batman is, his villains are not the ones that got super strenght who can be beaten in a fight, not those boring villains that'll lose as long as you can fight like Superman's one. Batman is THE ONE "

I'm not sure who'd win in a fight between Thing versus Croc / Bane. You can't possibly know who'd be able to resist Poison Ivy's kiss. Iron Man arguably now has a brain that functions more as a computer, so perhaps this also means that he has a different or even no reaction to her pheromones and kiss. And it is true about Batman's lack of fear, but there are also quite a few Marvel 's out there who have enough will-power and self-control to break lose of the Scarecrow's fear gas. Anyway: I agree that Batman could easily beat the street-level heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe. However once you enter the leagues of Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc. I believe that Batman would have more than his hands full and could even be beaten. A lot would depend on under what circumstances the fight would take place.

I agree, batman takes almost any st lvler, except spiderman. he needs prep and location to take on the heavier hitters, but he wont be able to beat most of them. and im sayin this with batman being my 2nd fav hero.

also thing would reck bane in a random encounter. croc too. clayface would be a better match up for him.

jpperrotti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jpperrotti

Ok anyone who thinks that Iron Man could take Bats is dumber than those people who think professional wrestling(not counting Mexican) is real. Batman just has to take an EMP machine which is probably on his belt or in the Batmobile and knock out Tonys armor. After that, obviously, the more Disciplined hand to hand combatant, and if you picked Batman.... You'd be right. Discipline, practice, tactics and training beat out strength any day. I mean seriously, Batman has his share of Super strength foes, Killer Croc, Bane, and Clayface! And if Batman can't fight his guy fisticuffs, Bats will most certainly outthink them, and apply the right tool to the right job. And the shrimpy Marvel characters are so underpowered, that the only ones that stand a chance are the more godlike ones, like Hulk, or the Sentry. Face it Marvel, your characters shrink in the shadow of the Dark Knight!

Oh and Ps, Moon Knights good and all but he can suck it if he thinks he has a chance against Bats

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Nobody

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is ancient, but I'm gonna say that only high tier superhumans can beat him consistently. Guys like spiderman and wolverine could probably beat him a few times out of ten but bats' smarts, tactician abilities, gadgets, and fighting skills overcome any advantages his opponents have.

For example, he would see that Logan has metal in him and use a magnet or a taser.

Actually he could probably beat guys like the hulk too, he's dealt with dumb raging monsters before. He knows to keep his distance and try to lure them into traps or use his gadgets

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By spider11211

Squirrel girl...come to think of it almost all of them.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Daredevil, etc.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who do I think could beat him consistently?

Wolverine takes majority.

Cap takes about half.

Spider-man should take a small majority.

Many mid tier and nearly any high tier that do not have an exploitable weakness.

Ok anyone who thinks that Iron Man could take Bats is dumber than those people who think professional wrestling(not counting Mexican) is real. Batman just has to take an EMP machine which is probably on his belt or in the Batmobile and knock out Tonys armor. After that, obviously, the more Disciplined hand to hand combatant, and if you picked Batman.... You'd be right. Discipline, practice, tactics and training beat out strength any day. I mean seriously, Batman has his share of Super strength foes, Killer Croc, Bane, and Clayface! And if Batman can't fight his guy fisticuffs, Bats will most certainly outthink them, and apply the right tool to the right job. And the shrimpy Marvel characters are so underpowered, that the only ones that stand a chance are the more godlike ones, like Hulk, or the Sentry. Face it Marvel, your characters shrink in the shadow of the Dark Knight!

Oh and Ps, Moon Knights good and all but he can suck it if he thinks he has a chance against Bats

AS for the EMP I don't know if currently Tony is all out immune, but at best Wayne has a minute or so to get free hits in before his systems reboot. He probably has stuff in his belt to deal with unmoving armor, but guess what? Stark is a fighter jet with legs. He should have Bruce blown to hell before it comes to face to face action. If we avoid PIS and all that.

jpperrotti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: against an untrained hand to hand combatant a minute is all the Batman needs. And knockout gas and electrified batarangs don't hurt much either

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops is trained.

If it takes batman a minute to beat an untrained person Cyclops would kill him. But I do think Batman would win this.

Givemefreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

none

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

Not even galactus could win....

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By spider11211

All of them.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Squirrel Girl

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman could take down all Marvel characters ...no all characters period.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#81  Edited By TerryBogard2014

A lot of characters really.hell there's a a lot of Dc characters that could take down batman

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kamenriderhellhound: No name calling man, you just started, you wouldn't want to get banned so sooon.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Parker could win he is fast, can sence attacks, and super strength. Also with no real weakness, bats has no real advantage on him and probly can't keep up.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Moon night? Iron fist? lol.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

Moon Knight? No. Iron fist? Yes. lol.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Squirrel Girl.

No, I'm serious.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By patrat18

@tikhunt said:

@patrat18 said:

Moon Knight? No. Iron fist? Yes. lol.

So with all his gear, Iron fist would beat Batman?? If Iron fist had no chi, and Batman had no gear, Bruce would still win.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By tikhunt

@patrat18: That is a moot point. If Iron Fist had no chi and Hal Jordan had no ring then Danny would win. If Banner didn't have Hulk and Daredevil didn't have a radar sense then Daredevil would win. We can do this all day.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By patrat18

@tikhunt said:

@patrat18: That is a moot point. If Iron Fist had no chi and Hal Jordan had no ring then Danny would win. If Banner didn't have Hulk and Daredevil didn't have a radar sense then Daredevil would win. We can do this all day.

I said that because both Fist and Batman has trained for years to become master Martial artist. Hal jordan did not,Bruce banner did not.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By tikhunt

@patrat18: Yes but you took away Danny's most defining feature which puts him above most street levelers, I was proving a point by taking away the defining features of the powerhouses.

Edit: Defining power-wise not personality-wise.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By patrat18

@tikhunt said:

@patrat18: Yes but you took away Danny's most defining feature which puts him above most street levelers, I was proving a point by taking away the defining features of the powerhouses.

Edit: Defining power-wise not personality-wise.

Bruce is also above most street levelers. The reason Danny is above street levelers is because of his chi.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has defeated gods, and you think that spiderman, invisible woman and other dumb characters can beat BATMAN!?! Batman also has lantern rings, so not many people can defeat him. It would take a lot if Batman had the green and yellow lantern rings with him.

Avatar image for galacticravenous
GalacticRavenous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can't beat the whole DC. Even with prep he can't take down Black Adam or Captain Marvel because simply they are much stronger than superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of marvel characters can beat him, like captain america and spiderman, but batman can beat them as well

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By z3ro180

Superman

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By patrat18

Toaa if he plays his cards right.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite a lot. There are a lot of people who are smarter than him, some that have very useful superpowers, and some that have both. In the latter category, just think of Bruce Banner, Reed Richards, Hank Pym. But even if you don't have super-powered genius, you have a lot of characters that can mop him.

Also... obious troll is obvious.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You guys just don't get it don't you? You guys don't even know who Batman is and start making a stupid list of heroes that you think can beat Batman? LOL, you don't know anything about Batman. Batman is one of the most intelligent heroes in the DC universe, actually the most, not one of the most he is the top mastermind. You actually think Iron Man can defeat Batman??? LOL, this is how Batman works in case you guys don't know, Iron Man wear a robotic machine, so as long as Iron Man don't have a machine his a pussy. Batman found the weakness, there is A LOT of possibilities of how Batman can beat Iron Man with his super genius level, create a device that controls Iron's Man suit and deactivate it.

Batman is not retarded he knows he won't beat Thor, that is why he got soo many allies, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and a lot of others to back him up when things goes ugly. You guys really don't know how Batman works and why his the best, he is a genius and that's enough, he also beat Hulk before -.- Spiderman's weakness? His girlfriend, Invincible woman? Get water all over her or mud or anything, as long as Batman know where she is there is no way she can beat Batman. Thing is soo weak, I can't believe you actually compare thing to Batman, his not over glorified, he IS the BEST.

And by the way Batman is not for punching thugs, Batman beat The Joker, Bane (which would beat up thing), Killer Croc (which would also beat up thing), Poison Ivy (Spiderman, Ironman, Thing and the list goes on which couldn't resist her poisonous kiss), Scarecrow (this is a good one, Batman's only fear is bat, and he overcomes it by being a Bat himself, he have no fear. All the other heroes have fear, yes ALL, they might go insane for ever). You just never understand how good Batman is, his villains are not the ones that got super strenght who can be beaten in a fight, not those boring villains that'll lose as long as you can fight like Superman's one.

Batman is THE ONE