Thoughts on a possible Batgirl vs Robin movie?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Barbara Gordon vs Damian Wayne, the plot would probably revolve around who's more important to Batman? who's more capable? etc, and it could serve as Barbara's introduction into the movie-animated DC.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, we've had Robin vs Batman, Bad-blood was kinda of bat-family movie, so Batgirl vs Robin seems like a no-brainer...

Barbara probably exist's on this continuity, and before anyone says it, yes, Cass and Steph were both better Batgirls than Babs, in my opinion, but DC hates them, and because of that i don't see them appearing out-side of comics in the near future, and as my personal all-time fav i would love to see Cass on a DC animated movie, but just not on the current continuity being used for dc animated movies (i have my reasons)...and Babs would do just fine, i can see her being reluctant into acepting Damian, and their personalities could create some interesting dynamics.

Any thoughts, on a possible Babs vs Damian?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Tbh, I kind of hate it. I think there's been more than hero vs hero movies/stories in DC and in general. Besides, Damien will most likely be scripted to win again like in Son of Batman.

I'd be all for a Batgirl centric movie. I think a Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin team up movie could be cool but DC would never a lot without including Batman in some way.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

In a fight, Damian would take her out. He's OP in the animated universe.

The movie idea isn't great, though. We don't need to see any more hero vs. hero crap. Ultimately, they made a mistake by introducing Batgirl instead of Oracle. Batwoman filled Batgirl's role already.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather they not have another hero vs hero film.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo they shouldn't do another movie with Damian as one of the main protagonists. But he was really the worst thing about the previous movie.

For the change I would like to have a movie that is centred around Batman the next time, and Damian just as minor character (like Dick was in the first two movies).

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@playswithsquirrels: @theexile285:

Hum...i'm not sure about that, in the comics bt feats Barbara is just as capable as Damian...and if we look at Batman vs Robin the movie, powerlevels were all over the place, Nightwing, Robin, Batman, and The Talon seemed all more or less evenly matched...and think that they would make Barbara and Damain equaly matched as well, besides the point of this movie would be the importance of being Robin to Batman, and the importance of being Batgirl to Batman, i think there's a chance of achieving greatness here.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Kidd

Why would Damien care enough to prove himself to someone like Hipster Barbara?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

It should be Dick and Barbara with Damian as Dick's sidekick.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hum...i'm not sure about that, in the comics bt feats Barbara is just as capable as Damian...and if we look at Batman vs Robin the movie, powerlevels were all over the place, Nightwing, Robin, Batman, and The Talon seemed all more or less evenly matched...and think that they would make Barbara and Damain equaly matched as well, besides the point of this movie would be the importance of being Robin to Batman, and the importance of being Batgirl to Batman, i think there's a chance of achieving greatness here.

They allready did two movies about Damian, Son of Batman and Batman vs. Robin. I would be totally ok with making a Batgirl movie but please leave Damian out of this. And there is really noway Barbara would come looking good out of Batgirl vs Robin movie. Beeing equally matched to an annoying 10 year old is not really something that makes you look awesome.

If you want to set Barbara against some body use Nightwing and if you want to set Damian against somebody use Bat-Mite.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:
@bat_girl_cc said:

They allready did two movies about Damian, Son of Batman and Batman vs. Robin. I would be totally ok with making a Batgirl movie but please leave Damian out of this. And there is really noway Barbara would come looking good out of Batgirl vs Robin movie. Beeing equally matched to an annoying 10 year old is not really something that makes you look awesome.

If you want to set Barbara against some body use Nightwing and if you want to set Damian against somebody use Bat-Mite.

Obviously they'll never make a Batgirl movie. Just a Batman movie that has Batgirl be a part in it. The characters that have been established will show up for obvious reasons and with Damian being the Robin his role automatically becomes more important than most. Still it should be how Bad Blood handled it.

I also dont see how Damian vs Bat-Mite Could possibly work.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Damian would win at everything.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also dont see how Damian vs Bat-Mite Could possibly work.

He is the only Batfamily member that wouldn't be damaged by setting him against Damian. And the animated Damain could really need somebody like Bat-Mite who can puts him a little bit down.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArkhamWrath

@bat_girl_cc said:

I mean, we've had Robin vs Batman, Bad-blood was kinda of bat-family movie, so Batgirl vs Robin seems like a no-brainer...

Barbara probably exist's on this continuity, and before anyone says it, yes, Cass and Steph were both better Batgirls than Babs, in my opinion, but DC hates them, and because of that i don't see them appearing out-side of comics in the near future, and as my personal all-time fav i would love to see Cass on a DC animated movie, but just not on the current continuity being used for dc animated movies (i have my reasons)...and Babs would do just fine, i can see her being reluctant into acepting Damian, and their personalities could create some interesting dynamics.

Any thoughts, on a possible Babs vs Damian?

Yes she exist in that continuity...

No Caption Provided

Babs appear at end of Bad Blood... as ''Batgirl''... but its just appearance nth more. Next movie will for sure have more about her, except just >>>introduce her<<<

Cant see reason why they two will fight(Batgirl and Robin), and for sure he will win(Damian/Robin) !!!

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How was steph or Cass better than Babs?

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aahz

@kiba said:

I'm my opion it's impossible to say how was the best Batgirl (or Robin), since they had their run in completely diffrent eras. You can compare Cass and Steph, but comparing them with Barbara (or Bette) is not really possible.

And especially in the silver age that Cass wouldn't have been a very good Batgirl.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:

Imo they shouldn't do another movie with Damian as one of the main protagonists. But he was really the worst thing about the previous movie.

For the change I would like to have a movie that is centred around Batman the next time, and Damian just as minor character (like Dick was in the first two movies).

I'm going to agree with this, because though he was still prominent in this film Damian got far less focus and the film was better for it.

@the_kidd said:

Same question. And with Batwoman and Batwing in the fold now it'd honestly make even less sense.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamwrath: Nah, only if they keep making him OP Damian in the comics isn't and never was nowhere near as good as he has been portrayed in the movies...Babs vs Damian should be even.

@the_kidd said:

Damian likes to show off and leave a good impression of himself to a extent :D

It should be Dick and Barbara with Damian as Dick's sidekick.

Hum...Nightwing vs Batgirl, with Robin in the middle could work.

Damian would win at everything.

He might, or he might not :p

@kiba said:

Genreally speaking, from the people that like Babs, some like her because she's badass (or was during Gail's run), or because she's relatable...well, it just so happens, That Cass is much more badass and capable fighter than Babs, and Steph is more relatable than Babs plus funnier to read.

Babs was IMO only great as Oracle, which made sense, and at that time she actually made a difference.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genreally speaking, from the people that like Babs, some like her because she's badass (or was during Gail's run), or because she's relatable...well, it just so happens, That Cass is much more badass and capable fighter than Babs, and Steph is more relatable than Babs plus funnier to read.

Babs was IMO only great as Oracle, which made sense, and at that time she actually made a difference.

I think thats not really something that speaks against Barbara. Like Dick she was adapted in many different way over the time, so you are much more flexible how funny or bad ass you want to make her in the next adaption.

Avatar image for deactivated-603d78f3c205e
deactivated-603d78f3c205e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, no please. Batgirl vs Robin movie would be a huge mess. The Damian-Babs relationship has not been addressed well even in comics, you think they would do a good job? I don't think so.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think so, all they would do is make Damian premier badass yet again. Boy is disgustingly overpowered and overrated.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@kierkon said:

Ugh, no please. Batgirl vs Robin movie would be a huge mess. The Damian-Babs relationship has not been addressed well even in comics, you think they would do a good job? I don't think so.

Story-wise, "Babs - Damian" never really had a chance to take off...but since that Batgirl has always been more tied to the bat-family than either Batwoman or Batwing...and you've heard what Batman said in Batman: Badblood, "from now on, only family"! and we know that in comics he considers Babs part of the family, besides Babs last minute debut on the last movie makes it obvious that the next movie on that continuity witll serve as a introduction to her, so the chances of Babs and Damian interacting with both trying to prove themselves are high in my opinion.

But yes, i also have my doubts in terms of their abillity to handle their relationship.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so, all they would do is make Damian premier badass yet again. Boy is disgustingly overpowered and overrated.

Well, the first movie was bound to make him overpowered from the get go, since it was basically a movie to show people "how awesome Robin is" but on the second movie the trend continued, and yes he's overpowered in the movies if we compare him to how he's portrayed in the comics.

Overrated it's another matter, and it's debatable.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Damian gets the crap kicked out of him by Cassandra Cain Batgirl, I'm all for it.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@nerevarine_11 said:

As long as Damian gets the crap kicked out of him by Cassandra Cain Batgirl, I'm all for it.

A well done Cass, would beat the entire bat-family put together and at the same time, if they engaged her in hand-to-hand only.

But sadly, movie-Cass (which i think will eventually happen) will have to wait until the higher-ups at DC that don't like her are retired from business, or at least away from positions of power.

Also, there's that little problem, that these movies seem to be based on post-flashpoint continuity, and on this continuity, Cass while still awesome and badass doesn't seem to be as capable, at least she was famous for her meta-human-like feats, and none of those have so far been displayed, her most impressive showing was stomping Grayson, which is something that old Cass could do with one arm-tied behind her back...time will tell if this new version of her measures up to her former-self capabllities-wise...plus, "new Cass" has a different back-story, she's no longer tied to the league of assassins (which were already stablished in the movies, and a angle with them could easly be made) and she appearing would need The Orphan appearing, and The Mother appearing, plus Batman's flashbacks about his past, and, well...it would take a whole movie about her, not so much time for Cass vs Damian.

Anyway, Babs is more than capable enough of taking Damian in my opinion. In the comics Gail Simone's run Babs who stallemated Nightwing would beat Damian.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the comics Gail Simone's run Babs who stallemated Nightwing would beat Damian.

I my opinion Babs fights against Nightwing and Red Hood are not really in line with her usual showings.

IIRC she said her self at the beginning of her series that she still wasn't really back to 100%, and that she despite of this able to stalemate Nightwing is not really plausible.

Also, there's that little problem, that these movies seem to be based on post-flashpoint continuity, and on this continuity, Cass while still awesome and badass doesn't seem to be as capable, at least she was famous for her meta-human-like feats, and none of those have so far been displayed, her most impressive showing was stomping Grayson, which is something that old Cass could do with one arm-tied behind her back...time will tell if this new version of her measures up to her former-self capabllities-wise...plus, "new Cass" has a different back-story, she's no longer tied to the league of assassins (which were already stablished in the movies, and a angle with them could easly be made) and she appearing would need The Orphan appearing, and The Mother appearing, plus Batman's flashbacks about his past, and, well...it would take a whole movie about her, not so much time for Cass vs Damian.

The movies are not really based on the new 52. It's quite from the comics, and they seem to take elements from both continuities, but in general it is its own thing. A animated Cass will probably have a different origin story than both comic versions. David Cain and his trainings methods will be part of it, but if he trains her for the Ras, Mother, just for him self (which seems to me what was even in the comics originally intended) or for someone completely different ...

But since they just introduced Barbara with a short cameo, and they probably don't want to keep the Batfamily small, I doubt that we will see Cass soon in the movies (but I also didn't expected them to bring Batwing and Batwoman ...).

And since the animated Damian is anyway completely overpowered and seems to be the star of the movies, I doubt they would let anybody stomp him.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By w0nd

@bat_girl_cc: Nah i want her introduction to be something different, plus i think Damian would slaughter her, he has taken on Dick and Deathstroke so unless she has had some hardcore unknown training, then idk how it wouldn't be an unfair advantage. Even batwoman needed guns, and she still almost died

im actually bothered she showed up last. but at least she got some screen time, sorry tim

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:
@bat_girl_cc said:

In the comics Gail Simone's run Babs who stallemated Nightwing would beat Damian.

I my opinion Babs fights against Nightwing and Red Hood are not really in line with her usual showings.

IIRC she said her self at the beginning of her series that she still wasn't really back to 100%, and that she despite of this able to stalemate Nightwing is not really plausible.

Her fight against Red Hood on Batman Eternal was PIS IMO, yes Jason wasn't trying to beat her but merely buying time trying to get her rid of the mind-control, but he couldn't even dodge, block or counter one single attack to save his life! that was just too much for me, Babs isn't and was never portrayed as being THAT good...but the Nightwing showing was OK to me, its pretty obvious that neither was going all out against the other, and they being about the same level skill-wise is not something "absurd", if you will.

@bat_girl_cc said:

The movies are not really based on the new 52. It's quite from the comics, and they seem to take elements from both continuities, but in general it is its own thing. A animated Cass will probably have a different origin story than both comic versions. David Cain and his trainings methods will be part of it, but if he trains her for the Ras, Mother, just for him self (which seems to me what was even in the comics originally intended) or for someone completely different ...

But since they just introduced Barbara with a short cameo, and they probably don't want to keep the Batfamily small, I doubt that we will see Cass soon in the movies (but I also didn't expected them to bring Batwing and Batwoman ...).

And since the animated Damian is anyway completely overpowered and seems to be the star of the movies, I doubt they would let anybody stomp him.

So far, eveeryting they've presented us, its either post-flashpoint, or meant to be seen as a else-worlds type of thing...i haven't seen any hints at pre-falshpoint.

Cass won't show up outside of the comics medium anytime soon and hasn't already for one reason and one reason only, the people that don't like her and have done their very best to screw her over for the last 16 years or so, are still in positions of power on DC, and until that changes, you will only see Cass in the comics, and we're lucky that the Bat-franchise is so powerful right now amoung Editorial with Simone, Doyle, Snyder and Tynion, etc.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@w0nd said:

@bat_girl_cc: Nah i want her introduction to be something different, plus i think Damian would slaughter her, he has taken on Dick and Deathstroke so unless she has had some hardcore unknown training, then idk how it wouldn't be an unfair advantage. Even batwoman needed guns, and she still almost died

im actually bothered she showed up last. but at least she got some screen time, sorry tim

Babs has taken on Nightwing as well...plus Damian had help from Goliath and Nobody ll against Deathstroke and he didn't beat him or even stallemate him, he did held his own though for a while and then realizing that he and his friends would die eventually, he literally gave Deathstroke money for him to leave, and he even asked what Slade's price was, and Slade being the mercenary that he is, accepted the offer...that's something that i can see Babs doing as well.

There's alot of things that bother me about this movie-continuity, no Jason, no Tim, no Cass, no Steph, you have Babs would should be first amoung with Dick only showing up now, and after Batwing and Batwoman...etc, we don't even know if Bruce already knew about Babs, but i think he did if the movies are to resemble the comics then Babs was working for several years as Batgirl, which is weird because where was she until now?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@ecstaticgrace said:

I hope Babs wins if true.

Me too, Damian needs some putting on his place :p

Even if you are a Damian die-hard-fan, you cannot deny that his personallity sometimes makes you want to see him getting beat up a little, specially on the movies where hes overpowered.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By w0nd

@bat_girl_cc said:
@w0nd said:

Babs has taken on Nightwing as well...plus Damian had help from Goliath and Nobody ll against Deathstroke and he didn't beat him or even stallemate him, he did held his own though for a while and then realizing that he and his friends would die eventually, he literally gave Deathstroke money for him to leave, and he even asked what Slade's price was, and Slade being the mercenary that he is, accepted the offer...that's something that i can see Babs doing as well.

There's alot of things that bother me about this movie-continuity, no Jason, no Tim, no Cass, no Steph, you have Babs would should be first amoung with Dick only showing up now, and after Batwing and Batwoman...etc, we don't even know if Bruce already knew about Babs, but i think he did if the movies are to resemble the comics then Babs was working for several years as Batgirl, which is weird because where was she until now?

I meant in the animated movies. I figured I would only mention thouse and leave out the comics.

Damian fought Dick in the cave no help he punched him over the railing and won.

He also caused slade to fall off the platform battered and broken, and let him live instead of killing him

So unless Babs had some hard core training, from some mysterious man, then I don't think she would do very well against Damian do have a VS movie.

And idk if Babs would be the one to put him in his place, if dick didn't, it would be a WTF moment for a lot of people...the same moment they had when he beat slade in the movie..

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that Babs, animated, isn't a part of the Bat Family she wouldn't logically have any training except the usual stuff they tend to give her before joining with Bruce (Self defense classes and the like), so her taking on anyone in the family and doing well would be fairly silly.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Aahz

@aahz said:

So far, eveeryting they've presented us, its either post-flashpoint, or meant to be seen as a else-worlds type of thing...i haven't seen any hints at pre-falshpoint.

Post flash point is for batman not so different from the end of the pre flashpoint continuity. And the court of owls (at least in the first two movies) was sofar the only real new 52 element.

And there are also pre flashpoint elements like Dick suit and his relation with Kory, and the Titans look also very pre flashpoint. But mostly it's an elseworld, so if we would get a Cass origin story in the continuity, it would be very different from the comics versions. No Mans Land is far to long for a movie and B&RE (which is also to long) could only work as very loose adaptation because some key characters are missing.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the next one has Damian kidnapped by Godfrey leading to Batman putting on HellBat and taking the family to Apokolips. Babs aint beating Damian though,I think they even edited out the part where Damian was owned by Kate probably realizing that owning him would make everyone he's fought with look bad indirectly.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@bat_girl_cc said:
@w0nd said:

I meant in the animated movies. I figured I would only mention thouse and leave out the comics.

Damian fought Dick in the cave no help he punched him over the railing and won.

He also caused slade to fall off the platform battered and broken, and let him live instead of killing him

So unless Babs had some hard core training, from some mysterious man, then I don't think she would do very well against Damian do have a VS movie.

And idk if Babs would be the one to put him in his place, if dick didn't, it would be a WTF moment for a lot of people...the same moment they had when he beat slade in the movie..

Well, Nightwing beat him when they first met in the Batman vs Robin movie, and on their sparring-session Nightwing was dominating and had Damian face-first against a wall, until Damian started playing mind-games and turned the fight into his favour, plus Nightwing wasn't beaten or ko'ed they just stopped fighting.

But yeah, animated Damian is OP but we don't know if animated Babs won't be OP as well, and no, Slade's treatment on the first movie i think that it will go down in history as the biggest animated character jobbing moments of all time...Batman beat him in 5 seconds, it was his easiest fight in all 3 movies, yes i'm counting cannon-fodder too.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the next one has Damian kidnapped by Godfrey leading to Batman putting on HellBat and taking the family to Apokolips. Babs aint beating Damian though,I think they even edited out the part where Damian was owned by Kate probably realizing that owning him would make everyone he's fought with look bad indirectly.

I've noticed that too! in the oficial trailer, Damian got easly subdued by Batwoman, but in the movie that segment doesn't exist.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are doing something similar in the new 52 just compare his original encounter with Killer Croc during battle for the cowl with the retold version from his new 52 Secret Origins issue

Or look how at his "fight" against Jason in Morrisons Batman and Robin, even if I dislike what Morrison did with Jason, that looks far more fitting than their two fights in the new 52.

No Caption Provided

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw the trailer for Justice League vs Teen Titans, and...did Damian just tagged The Flash?

Loading Video...

Although, this will be a movie about a clash of powerhouses, so Batman and Robin and any other non-meta-human need to get "amped up" skill-wise not to feel out of place, but still, like lol.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Anyway, in a animated movie where the bat-family members are portrayed on their regular levels, Babs would fit well in and be a worthy adversary for Damian.

The video above, is a exemple of a situation where certain characters are understandably "amped", but in a normal scenario, it should be even.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would rather like to see a TT movie with Damian as Robin. Or a Damian and Batgirl team up movie.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It would be yet another wasted opportunity in their animated universe.