Should Rachel Dawes from Nolanverse be a part of future Batman stories?

bronxbrothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should Rachel Dawes from Nolanverse be a part of future Batman stories? (34 votes)

yes 18%
no 82%
 • 
TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Andrea Beaumont in future Batman movies!

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Bruce has enough love interests as it is, and Rachel was thoroughly boring to watch.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah. She was the weakest part of TDK.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why?

I like the concept of Bruce Wayne friends and childhood.

But she isnt a great character.

She was used as a replacement of Harvey Dent.

The Concept is neat, but the character by itself isnt anything special.

gothamknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind but she'll probably have a very small role if even that so they shouldn't bother.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@takeluutzen: you that would be very interesting but Rachel Dawes was okay. But Andrea boutmont should be in future batman stories

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel served literally no purpose other than to give those movies a romantic sub-plot. She had 0 personality and was frankly kind of annoying. She was easily my least favourite part of an otherwise amazing trilogy, so no, leave her out of the comics please.

And while you're at it DC, could you retcon Felicity and Diggle's existence in the comic universe?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@deathpoolthet1000: Agreed there are several people in his life that fill any roles that she may cover and there was never anything about her that particularly worth saving enough to over look that others fill those roles.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel served literally no purpose other than to give those movies a romantic sub-plot. She had 0 personality and was frankly kind of annoying. She was easily my least favourite part of an otherwise amazing trilogy, so no, leave her out of the comics please.

And while you're at it DC, could you retcon Felicity and Diggle's existence in the comic universe?

Retcon it out or retcon in more like the show?

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Out of existence completely. Diggle's not that bad, but Felicity just needs to get gone. I consider her to be the Jar Jar Binks of the DC universe, but with waaaay more crying (and worse acting).

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't be against it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Out of existence completely. Diggle's not that bad, but Felicity just needs to get gone. I consider her to be the Jar Jar Binks of the DC universe, but with waaaay more crying (and worse acting).

heh

She use to be an ok side character on the show until they found out some people liked her, started pushing her too much and doing it in a bad way. Now in the comics she's like an extreme personality Oracle. Not sure extreme is the right adjective.

If I was the writer of the GA book and forced to add them I would do it differently.

First they would just be supporting cast and not part of of GA's hero business. Diggle would be ex Queen family body guard before the family lost their money and life he now working for Walter Emerson who stole the company. Green Arrow should not be Bruce Wayne and still have control. Walter Emerson should be the long term side subtle villain that is too good to be caught.

Felicity Smoak should just be some above average techie working for Queen industries who has some sympathy for Oliver.

Neither big character but they pop up every now and again having their purpose when they need such a character.

Otherwise I wouldn't include them in the comic.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Yeah I didn't dislike her until season 3, but then she got unbearable...

Kinda like your idea though, I wouldn't mind that.

bronxbrothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I asked about Rachel because I thought in BATMAN BEGINS she was the moral compass Bruce needed to "stay on the justice track"

In the sequel her character (and actress) was different...she was annoying and unstable and selfish..ect

In my animated movie I'm making BATMAN GOTHAM GREED...I decided to use her...I just wanted to know what you guys thought

here's my production thread of the filming so far...

http://forum.tmunderground.com/index.php?/topic/11909-batman/

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Eh. If she is how she was in Begins and not Knight.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I asked about Rachel because I thought in BATMAN BEGINS she was the moral compass Bruce needed to "stay on the justice track"

In the sequel her character (and actress) was different...she was annoying and unstable and selfish..ect

In my animated movie I'm making BATMAN GOTHAM GREED...I decided to use her...I just wanted to know what you guys thought

Stop this dude, please.

bronxbrothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronxbrothers said:

Stop this dude, please.

only u can b a BATMAN fanatic?

leave the art to me...

"Don't come down here with your anger, trying to prove something to yourself."

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but you need to stop derailing things.

This isnt about your movie and you made a thread about it.

Stop making thing about your movie.

bronxbrothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

go home and polish your gun collection

this place is for BATMAN fans...not cowardly bullies like u

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

go home and polish your gun collection

this place is for BATMAN fans...not cowardly bullies like u

No Caption Provided

Says the guy that never post about anything that isnt his movie.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RDClip

No thank you, do not want.

I hated her in the movies and was happy she when she died. She was was a self-righteous bitch and we were given no reason why Bruce would have felt anything for her other than annoyance.

Everyone loves Nolan's movies, but the female characters all sucked until Talia and Selina. Bruce's mom was so inconsequential that she didn't even have one line.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She worked within the context of the Nolan films, and that's about it. We do not need a childhood friend of Bruce's showing up out of nowhere because that does not end well. I'm referring to Hush; Hush sucks.

ghinzdra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ghinzdra

No.

Nolan verse is an interesting take on Batman but very little of it can be used in the comics, including and especially Rachel Dawes. 2 reasons

I Rachel is nothing more than a plot point character :

she's the justice vs revenge voice, she's s part of the few virtuous people on whom batman build in bb , she s the violence trigger in batman, she is the seal on batman retirement. As a character on her own she s not very interesting. She's all about making Nolan batman react. What drive her or create conflict in the character doesn't raise any kind of interest ( an idealistic crusade for cleaning up the city without any specific reasoning-emotional trauma/ her love conundrum hesitating between Dent and Wayne and here too you have no real idea of why she likes either of them - oh wait a minute : yes of course, they both want to clean up the city too...she must have one hell of a tinder account.... )

She has no defining moment like the key characters : Lucius calm old wise guy "don't take me for an idiot / let me get this straight", Alfred adviser/faithful servant "some people just want to watch the world burn"/ " i failed you. You trusted me and I failed you"; Gordon struggling cop "If I didn't work with cops you'd investigated while you were making your name at I.A.- I'd be working alone. I don't get political points for being an idealist- I have to do the best I can with what I have." , Dent lost soul "it s not about what I want it s about whats FAIR" As for this it might have to do with the fact that comparitevely to the stellar cast that played the other parts (morgan freeman, michael caine, gary oldman, aaron eckhart,. ) Rachel part has been given to relatively average actresses. Another actress might have raised the material to another level but as it is there is no memorable line from her.

she had nothing that brings the attention or make you feel that something precious has been lost : She's not funny, dangerous, strong, mysterious she s nothing like the femme fatale that makes up Batman s world : catwoman, talia al ghul, jezebel jet, zatanna, . She's a Lois lane character at the very.best and Lois lane is a lot more spunky.

II - Rachel is a huge part of what makes ultimately Nolan batman an Elseword universe.

1- Nolan batman actively search an end to his war on crime : his dream is to hang up the cowl and live happy everafter with Rachel. Batman at his core is obssessed. There is nothing like a definitive end.

2- she s his only known love Interest for more than 30 years until catwoman and Miranda Tate. Batman is supposed to be THE chick magnet of DC universe, second only to Nightwing arguably. It s part of the brand appeal. Thanks to rachel, putting aside the public charade with the models (and contrary to the comics, nothing prove that he got any action once the public act over), this batman is pretty close to a monk.

3- Nolan batman actually retires after the dent act and Rachel death. He mourns her for more than 8 years. Comic Batman has overcome depressive period in days or months for things like having his back broken, his sidekick killed, Gotham destroyed,. If we believe Bruce speech, he can t move on : To paraphrase a famous song, Rachel comes across as his first, his last, his everything which is utterly laughable for a character like Batman. Giving up is the one thing he won't do - especially over a girl.

She's a joke of a character that can only work in Nolan very specific take on batman ("Realism" Batman is a symbol and anyone can be him for a limited period of time- bruce wayne is simply the first batman and batman is simply a phase for bruce wayne). Leave her in Nolan verse.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She worked within the context of the Nolan films, and that's about it. We do not need a childhood friend of Bruce's showing up out of nowhere because that does not end well. I'm referring to Hush; Hush sucks.

Bingo.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never liked it when comic Batman had a civilian love interest, always found it more interesting when his love interest was a hero/villain, it's why Catwoman and Talia are so interesting.