RUMOR: Details of Ben Affleck's Character in BvsS Revealed?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Are these the leaked details of the Caped Crusader that Ben Affleck will be portraying in the Man of Steel sequel? You decide if we've been scooped or duped after the jump...

MOVIEPILOT.com have posted an article claiming to know intimate details about the Batman/Bruce Wayne that we will be seeing in the highly anticipated Man of Steel sequel coming in May 2016. As reliable as the editor, The Anonymous Man, sounds, I recommend you take these claims with the usual grain of salt

Many fans of the upcoming production may have mixed feelings about the list found below, as some of the claims range from shocking to very exciting.

Please remember that any rumor, however outlandish it may sound, is a potential SPOILER so, you've been warned.

• BatFleck will be 40 years old, retired.

• The Batsuit and Batmobile are A...MA...ZING!!!!

• Except for several details, the events that took place in the NolanVerse are going to be Canon. Thalia's involvement in the events of TDKR will not be canon, the supposed death of Bane is also not canon. Other small details are made non-canon.

• After the events of TDKR, BatFleck retired to rebuild Gotham as Bruce Wayne. Robin (in the TDKR but not played by JGL) becomes his first protege as NightWing. There is a 7-year time period between the event in the TDKR and MoS. So, BatFleck has been retired for 7 years.

• During this time, knowing that crime needs to be dealt with, BatFleck constituted the BatFamily: NightWing, BatWing, BatGirl, RedRobin and Robin. The latter died at the hand of The Joker who escaped during the TDKR's event but then reappeared. As a way of getting BatFleck's attention, the Joker devised a plan to attack one of his proteges. He targeted the youngest and less experienced one - Robin. He killed him and BatFleck has been blaming himself day and night for it, this sets up a Batman: Under The Red Hood solo movie.

• In addition to his [Bat Family], BatFleck has launched a bunch of BatDrones & BatAndroids ("[Bat Army]") Bruce Wayne is one of the most influential man on the planet due to his rebuilding agenda in Gotham, and the rise of Wayne Enterprises.

• Gotham City is basically led by [Bruce Wayne & Wayne Enterprises] by day and the [Bat Family] & [Bat Army] by night. Bruce Wayne has to find time to manage both sides. And, he does. There have been speculation that Bruce Wayne is an ally of the Batman. Bruce admits that he's been "financing" the Batman. But, he says he's never actually met the Batman. He argues that the Batman is making Gotham City a safer place. He argues that without the Batman, Gotham would have been destroyed. This is, of course, the general consensus in the populace. Hence, the fact that he's siding with Batman does not really raise any concerns.

• After the TDKR's event and before MoS, Gotham city is internationally known as the Batman's City. The Batman became an international Legend, the Bat symbol is now viewed as a symbol of Justice, Defiance, and Courage. People are increasingly believing that BatFleck's still alive and kicking...watching over Gotham as a guardian angel. The authorities don't like this, they don't like how the mythos of this vigilante is making them look like a bunch of P****. They would like to put a stop to the [Bat Family] and the [Bat Army]. In other words, the Batman is an embarrassment to them, he's a problem.

• BatFleck is concerned by the events of MoS. Bane's terror in Gotham is still fresh in his memory; the reconstruction of Gotham is not completely done. Everyone saw what this alien is capable of. BatFleck is the world's greatest Detective and Prep. Expert; he decides to research every single details there is to know about Kal-El.

• Bruce Wayne wants to get involved with the reconstruction of Metropolis. This means that Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp have to work together. He's not thrilled about it but it's for the greater good.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Meh, sounds more like fanfiction than the actual premise of the movie.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I doubt that many of these are true, especially the "Batfamily", I mean it's going to be hard enough putting Batman and Superman on screen together and making it work, not to mention putting together a Justice League for the next film. There's no reason to add more to the plate with the "Batfamily".

I can see the last 3 being true though (except for the mention of the "Batfamily"

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@rdclip said:

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope none of this is true

1. thats fine

2. thanks it not like everyone has said this and if the suit is so freakin awsome why dont they just release an image

3. Making any of the Nolanverse canon is stupid and why bother doing it halfassed that just feels lazy

4. Batman being retired is a fail all around Bruce dosnt not retire no matter what

5. Really that many sidekicks? his side kicks should never be in the movie let alone this many and really setting up a Red hood solo when we dont give a rats ass about this Batman or his side kicks

6. fine

7. iam sorry but the whole Bruce Wayne funding Batman thing needs to be retconed i love most of Morrisons work but this was a bad decession and i sound even worse on film

8. meh hasnt done anything worth being called a symbol of justice but what ever

9. again why bother having what Bane did be canon you could have still had Gotham be some what distroyed and left it as a mystery to set a Batman solo where we find out what happened. and Batman is the worlds greatest dective in this verse i will believe it when i see it

10. okay

nothing here really impressed me hopefuly this is false becuase if this is what is happening this Batman is going to suck

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

*facepalm* Batman shows up... does a little stuff... retires for eight years... comes back nearly crippled, gets his ass kicked, sucks horribly... retires again... so this 40-year-old "veteran" has had about what, 2 years of active duty? This causes me to be angry. I still won't forgive Affleck getting the role but for the love of all things remotely adequate, DAMN the Nolanverse. It was a sticky, underwhelming heap of psuedo-intellectual tripe with a crappy, stupid Batman, and keeping any aspects of it canon are agonizingly stupid. I hope this is a bulls*** rumor because each new thing I hear about this movie makes me want to not watch it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are all false rumors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he retired twice?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl
darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

False this is crap.

BlackRobin195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably fake.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

he retired twice?

Well the Nolan Batman did. For 8 years between TDK and TDKR and again permanently at the end of TDKR.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mehh.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. No. NO.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The second it said the TDKR is canon I knew it was a load of crap. Also if a famous billionaire businessman said he was financing an illegal vigilante he would be immediately arrested

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

When it said Batfamily I was knew it was fake.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Fake.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah probably fake I just wanted it to be real Idk why.

Avatar image for theformermarionettegeist
Theformermarionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already said the Nolan-verse is done with and that the new Batman will not be a part of it. And thank-god for that. I liked the Nolan movies, but come on, enough is enough. I'm ready for a different, closer to the source Batman.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deaditegonzo

@rdclip said:

This.

Also, making some of the Nolanverse canon but erasing some of it is too confusing. Mark my words, no director or writer would do this. The audience wouldnt know what was going on, and honestly once I read that line I knew it was BS.

That said, I wont be surprised if the the Nolan-verse is as a whole "loosely" canon. "What?" Everyone says. Think about it, this is Batman in his 40's, do you think this universe's Batman is just starting out? No, he's been at it a while. And I doubt DC wants to do another origin. I imagine events of the Dark Knight Trilogy will be loosely referenced, and any future solo films will take place in the 8 years Batman was retired, or immediately after Begins.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely fake but to be honest I would have been okay if it was true. Not sure why so many people are hating on the "possibility."

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Most likely fake but to be honest I would have been okay if it was true. Not sure why so many people are hating on the "possibility."

If it is indeed the same Batman as in the Nolan's Tri. then it's lazy as f*ck.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

None of this sounds true. Why keep SOME things from the Nolanverse yet pretend others didn't happen? That would just be confusing as hell. Nolan's Batman hung up the cape and cowl. Period.

This is obviously a new iteration.

Avatar image for theformermarionettegeist
Theformermarionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I'm hoping for a Batman that resembles the comic-books and doesn't feature excessive pseudo-realism. Especially since he's going to be in a verses movie with Superman.

2. Since Batman's already going to be well established in this universe, hopefully all of his major rogues will already exist, to possibly be used in future Batman films. If it was the Nolan-verse we'd have the Joker and Scarecrow; that's it. If they wanted to have other villains we'd most likely have to once more go through every single Batman film being more of a villain origin story than a Batman movie, and the villains would have to be remodeled to fit into Nolan's world (see my previous point) which wouldn't work so well for a lot of them.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Believe only half of what you hear and nothing of what you see.

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dud317

False. It has no reference of something major we know to be true. Wonder Woman.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously fake since it keeps referring to him as "Batfleck"...

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By sinestro_GL

I came for rumours and ended up reading FanFic