I do not want unworthy Robin in Teen Titans ! Who thinks Tim Drake should go back to being just "Robin" in Teen Titans ?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The younger kid who's been Robin for 5 years should move on but the older kid who was Robin for 20 years should return? I dont get this logic,besides what claim does Tim hold over the likes of Dick and Jason? more importantly if Tim is going to get by using a generic role where he is likely to be confused as Dick then it doesn't speak highly of him as a character. After all most people recognize Dick as the Robin,others just benefit from the ignorance.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Psy-ay-ay?!?

You know what T.K.? This is why our parents split up. Because of sh×t like this!!!!

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The younger kid who's been Robin for 5 years should move on but the older kid who was Robin for 20 years should return? I dont get this logic,besides what claim does Tim hold over the likes of Dick and Jason? more importantly if Tim is going to get by using a generic role where he is likely to be confused as Dick then it doesn't speak highly of him as a character. After all most people recognize Dick as the Robin,others just benefit from the ignorance.

I kind of think they all benefit from ignorance from the masses at who Robin is under the mask. I can't imagine anyone outside of comics cares much for who Robin is under the mask, unlike the names of Batman and Superman, which are ingrained in pop culture. Hell, even Wonder Woman's civilian name is probably a tough one for most people outside of comic fandoms.

Most people just know Robin, and it's somewhat likely they know there's been more than one, but if they could actually name them? Even Dick? I'd be skeptical.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop making pointless threads.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@playswithsquirrels: @scouterv: @avenging_x_bolt: @entropy_aegis:

LOL... i make this thread just bcs of hate to administrators, who never allow me to edit some pages, don't answer on my questions to them, don't accept characters which i sugest to get page on this site and etc.... but they always have a time to lock threads !!!

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:

Some peoples don't even know that Robin exist !!! They don't know that Batman have/had any sidekick :P

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tim Drake is my favorite male DC so I well always prefer him over any other character, specially if is in character and done justice.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I like Damien (comic version, not animated universe...) but I prefer seeing him solo or with Batman. I'd rather see Tim Drake on Teen Titans.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis

@scouterv said:
@entropy_aegis said:

I kind of think they all benefit from ignorance from the masses at who Robin is under the mask. I can't imagine anyone outside of comics cares much for who Robin is under the mask, unlike the names of Batman and Superman, which are ingrained in pop culture. Hell, even Wonder Woman's civilian name is probably a tough one for most people outside of comic fandoms.

Most people just know Robin, and it's somewhat likely they know there's been more than one, but if they could actually name them? Even Dick? I'd be skeptical.

Dick doesn't,he is the first,longest running and the most exposed of all Robins. The identifiable Robins traits originated with him, they're all black haired white boys because of Dick.Morrison tried to revert Jason back to having red hair and he was met with so much resistance.

All in all the other Robins lift from Grayson,Jason the most and Damian the least but they all do lift. Dick on the other hand only stole a costume. So I dont see Dick benefiting from the confusion,even if people dont know his name it is still he who is the most exposed and the one who only stole a costume from the others and the first one.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:

Some peoples don't even know that Robin exist !!! They don't know that Batman have/had any sidekick :P

The amount of people that don't know who Robin is is probably so slim that it's not even worth mentioning. Robin, Dick Grayson, was created in 1940, just a year after Batman. He's, Robin, appeared in nearly every single other adaptation that DC has ever put out featuring Batman, from video games and animated shows to live action series and films. The chances of someone not knowing about Robin when as a character Robin's received more exposure than other characters that appear on the freaking Justice League like Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter just isn't all that likely. When people think of Batman, they think of Robin. Batman and Robin. The two pretty much go hand in hand.

Basically this.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I agree with most of what I'm reading here I'd rather Tim was Robin again. I only liked Damien as Robin when Dick was Batman and Bruce was "dead". Mostly I guess it comes to motivation and tragedy. When Bruce died Damien had that loss as motivation to be a worthy Robin and when it was the other way around a dead Robin added more tragedy that's been undone by Jasons return to life and Barbara walking again. Now Jason and Tim are former Robins like Dick who have outgrown that role and while I respect the fact they have their fans I don't see how they aren't both just redundant copies of Dick. Imo Jason works best as a more evil ex Robin. Dick can be Dick. Damien can be the failed dead Robin and Tim should be the current, independent Robin. No offense to Damien fans but I just don't like him and Bruce being a kind of "happy" bat family.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most annoying thing about this all is that Damian die at past, but he's still here... and we already have one story like that ! So why not ! Let's make again story - Robin die... but now more dramatized bcs it will be Batman son... peoples/guys/fans will more like him with that !

And way more anoying thing in this debate is - that he is not Batman son > he will be just one more random boring Robin !!! So let's forget for a while thats Damian son of Batman, and then say what u have !!! But don't forget that creators decide to kill him, not fans !!! And bring him back !!! Copy of old story !!!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most annoying thing about this all is that Damian die at past, but he's still here... and we already have one story like that ! So why not ! Let's make again story - Robin die... but now more dramatized bcs it will be Batman son... peoples/guys/fans will more like him with that !

And way more anoying thing in this debate is - that he is not Batman son > he will be just one more random boring Robin !!! So let's forget for a while thats Damian son of Batman, and then say what u have !!! But don't forget that creators decide to kill him, not fans !!! And bring him back !!! Copy of old story !!!

Except this time it was planned,both his death and resurrection.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: his resurrection was planned? I know Morrison wanted to kill him off but I thought he wanted him to stay dead.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:

Yea... Just how i say... they planned to bring back old story :) To remind us that - if someone die that don't must mean that he is dead ! But wait !!!

Why not to mess up all we know, and bring back Curtis Base ??? Having two Jokers around for a longer time/story can be amazing ! Or not ? But hey... why to bring new stories when they can repeat old :D

And isn't time for Damian to move on ? Dick become Nigtwing, Jason become Red Hood... no wait he become Arkham Knight... wait... yea Red Hood... it was first Knight then Hood... no wait... Knight, Hood... Red Knight... no dear God whats with me... Red Arkham... pfffff... Arkham Hood... am i... whats wrong with me the hell ? I'm lost... what i was trying to say ? Yea Right

And isn't time for Damian to move on ? Dick become Nigtwing, Jason become Red Hood... i mean Arkham Knight... sorry sorry... Red Hood, yea Red Hood.., or is it Arkham Knight ? Didn't he have Hush suit for a while ? Nightwing ? Some Windman... brljmnljoprtstrrrmn....Dear Lord... DC just decide who he will be, give pure guy already secret identity !!! Red Hood and The End !!! So Red Hood !!! Now where i stop ?

And isn't time for Damian to move on ? Dick become Nigtwing, Jason become Red Hood :D, Tim Red Robin, Damian... Robin !!!

pcris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamwrath:

If I don't believe bad: Dick become Nightwing 40 years later, Jason become Red Hood 20 years later, and Tim Drake become Red Robin 20 years later too. Dick and Red Hood in their twenties and Tim Drake with 17. So you have Damian for 14 years more. Even if Damian move on of Robin, Tim Drake wasn't going back to Robin. Duke Thomas has more possibilities.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea that its time for Damian to move on from being Robin, when in the comics themselves he's not even 13, is ridiculous.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pcris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ArkhamWrath

@pcris: @nathaniel_christopher:

Sorry but i really don't have a will to discuss with some kids, who believe that one boy 10-13 years old can beat almost anyone and - in near future to beat down Superman !!!

And yea to be honest, to i repeat: I make this thread in spite to administrator who lock this, and with that don't get anything what i write in this thread so serious !!!

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pcris: @nathaniel_christopher:

Sorry but i really don't have a will to discuss with some kids, who believe that one boy 10-13 years old can beat almost anyone and - in near future to beat down Superman !!!

And yea to be honest, to i repeat: I make this thread in spite to administrator who lock this, and with that don't get anything what i write in this thread so serious !!!

lmfao so you're a troll? Got it.

lol at calling people you don't know kids though.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damien sucks