Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

@reignmaker said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@reignmaker said:

He might be the most well-known. But if he was the most popular or most well-regarded his sales numbers would show it.

He hasn't written anything since All-Star Superman worth reading. Just my opinion, but I know I'm not alone.

Why didn't you like any other stories from him?

I just feel like he's become obsessed with reviving obscure forgotten concepts, and he's more concerned with being weird than actually being good. Some of my favorite stuff is his older works, but he's slowly turned me off.

Well that is kinda his kind of telling the story.By being weird he is being himself.He likes to revive old stories and most of the time he gets the best out of them.They actually have great potential and a great example is his run on Batman.

Yes, I know that's his way. At least it is now. I didn't like his run on Batman.

Well everyone has his own kind of taste.For me his run on Batman was the best there was.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Wasn't that the whole reason for him creating Damian to begin with? I think Morrison should've never killed him to start if he's so invested in Batman having a Robin!

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well Batman needs a Robin. So, I say that they should just bring Damian back

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Meh, I'm okay with that.

AkaBoAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't need another Robin right now, we need the bat family to react properly and face the fact that one of their members had dead. We don't need side missions or going back to a zero year (although I think that this is a great idea, but not now). All we need is a realistic reaction from Batman and other bat members.

What I'm trying to say is that, we don't need a Robin right now, but after an appropriate time had passed, then we'll have this discussion.

Echelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, for goodness sakes, how many Robins need to be murdered for Batman to stay interesting? I don't like the idea of Batman losing yet another Robin, mainly for the fact that I can just see Bats going to the looney bin. Even though Morrison said Bats will handle this "much differently". (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/19/grant-morrison-on-why-damian-wayne-had-to-die) I call shenanigans. No one can simply acept this kind of death right away, especially when it's your own kid dying in the same(ish) costume as his predecessor.

The more I read Morrison's reasonings for killing off Damian, the more desperate this seemed.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part of me does not want to hear anything from him, but I actually like his idea.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

After having 2 Robins die on him and almost having 2 others die on him it just reflects poorly on Batman.

Shajita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shajita

I personally want there to be a Robin, since I think having a sidekick is what allows Batman to hold on to his sanity. We've seen how he's becoming increasingly active and violent, even if it's slowly ruining his body. Problem is, I have no idea how to introduce a new one. The loss of his own flesh and blood would, realistically speaking, keep Batman from recruiting more young blood into his crusade. So whoever ends up joining his ranks, needs to have a seriously strong case going for them. So I want there to be a new Robin, but not a rushed, half-assed one.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By roboadmiral

For all the talk of Batman "needing" a Robin, most of the stories that make it onto "Greatest Batman Stories" lists either don't feature Robin or feature him minimally enough that he could probably be edited out without much consequence. Batman: Year One (no Robin), The Dark Knight Returns (minimal Robin), Batman: The Long Halloween (no Robin), Batman: Hush (minimal Robin), Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth (no Robin), The Killing Joke (no Robin).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

After having 2 Robins die on him and almost having 2 others die on him it just reflects poorly on Batman.

I don't think that's entirely fair, in both cases, both Robins didn't follow orders and acted brashly.

As for "almost dying" ... well the way I see it;

1. It is a comicbook, heroes are always almost dying (The 50s had "almost dying" at the end of every show (unless the arc was complete)). In part this is to do with the fact Robin is a Hero and heroes need to be put in danger to keep things interesting.
  2. Batman does not really have a life outside of crime-fighting so the Robins are part of his main family relationships and are people who the authors will be put in danger to push BM. His Robins double as both his partners and his Lois Lane/Aunt May/Mary Jane/Etc...
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By SUNMAN

@drgnx said:

@sunman said:

I don't think that's entirely fair, in both cases, both Robins didn't follow orders and acted brashly.

1. It is a comicbook, heroes are always almost dying (The 50s had "almost dying" at the end of every show (unless the arc was complete)). In part this is to do with the fact Robin is a Hero and heroes need to be put in danger to keep things interesting.
  2. Batman does not really have a life outside of crime-fighting so the Robins are part of his main family relationships and are people who the authors will be put in danger to push BM. His Robins double as both his partners and his Lois Lane/Aunt May/Mary Jane/Etc...

well yeah if we are just looking at him under the lens of a fictional comic book characters dancing to the strings of the writers that al makes sense. Still I think as you analyze how he's been portrayed he's putting young kids in teenagers in mortal danger constantly. It's a comic so you take it with a grain of salt, but for argument sake I don't think that excuses him as we look at his character.

He is their mentor, legal guardian, father what have you. Sure Dick turned out well, but when you look at the rest I can't really say Batman a good father or mentor. I don't see the Robins doubling as his romantic interests or father figures. There are other supporting characters that fulfill those roles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

@drgnx said:

@sunman said:

well yeah if we are just looking at him under the lens of a fictional comic book characters dancing to the strings of the writers that al makes sense. Still I think as you analyze how he's been portrayed he's putting young kids in teenagers in mortal danger constantly. It's a comic so you take it with a grain of salt, but for argument sake I don't think that excuses him as we look at his character.

He is their mentor, legal guardian, father what have you. Sure Dick turned out well, but when you look at the rest I can't really say Batman a good father or mentor. I don't see the Robins doubling as his romantic interests or father figures. There are other supporting characters that fulfill those roles

To be clear, I named a few examples that I know well that occur a lot, the generic concept is they double as "someone close to you that you care about". The thing about Batman is there are very few he is willing to really connect with in any depth that the author can exploit regulatory (to me his girlfriends have always been a dime a dozen ... except Catwomen, I never remember them).

This does not always have to be his Robins in trouble, but how many people in his life are closer to him than his Robins? Alfred suffers from time to time, but he is not in the field as much so less likely to be in the line of fire or find himself kidnapped, though the new public link to Batman Inc gives reason now. Jim gets hurt too and I would assume Catwomen is not very popular either amongst enemies of Batman. But any time you have a partnership there is a higher chance of authors playing on that vs other external relationships. But again that is from plot perspective as you put it. Could the authors take a different route? Sure!

In terms of "in comic", His portrayal on including kids is a long time issue from what I can tell (I've never actually really looked that deep into it). I think the issue with Robins (and now many of the expanded family) is that Batman sees people who are enough like him that they will do what they want even without his help. So does he lock them up or brainwash them, let them go die on their own, or try to guide them and teach them, the best he can, how to survive and hope they are different enough from him, that they will one day move on? How "I" look at Batman in that regard is dependent on how would these kids turn out if Batman didn't take them in, or tried to force them to take a different path.

I think Jason has mentioned he would have turned out worse, and Damon, well he was never going to live a peaceful life, he would kill things like animals just to stop himself from killing people; of all the characters, I just can't blame Batman for Damian. The others seemed like they would be putting themselves in danger regardless (though not sure about Steph).

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

what they should do is wait about a year before releasing a new robin or Damians Death would just be Pointless

But Im all for a new ROBIN!!!! :)

AkshunYadav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

agreed!!! actually i didnt like damian much so his death wasnt earth-shattering!!!!! and sick of too many robins......

plus batman solo is THE BEST!!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67 dernman  Online

I'm not a fan of Morrison and I haven't read the article yer (I will later) buuut I agree for my own reasons that there shouldn't be another Robin.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

I agree, there is no need for another Robin, at least not for a while. Bats has his extended family to team up with if he wants to go running around with a friend.

As far as Damian coming back, it'll probably happen and probably involve a Lazarus pit, because why not. But keeping him dead would be best.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If their has to be a Robin, just let it be Damien.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If their has to be a Robin, just let it be Damien.

this

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Batman's like Tyrese's character in Death Race who's co-pilots always die.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To all the people saying that batman should be solo. There are already 3 books dedicated to solo batman where robin appeared very rarely in. Batman and Robin and Batman Inc were the only books that really explored his relationship with Robin and the rest of the Batfamily. Now Morrison went of and destroyed that for very stupid reasons and killed of a good character right when we were beginning to see all those months of Character development that Tomasi had worked on come to pass. Morrison just goes and throws it in the trash.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with him. Batman should work alone for a while.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#74  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Seriously. Screw a ROBIN. He doesn't even need a sidekick. It would be very illogical to get another Robin after His own son died.

Lady_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No! No more Robins!

He should have a partner his age with experience and the same drive as Batman.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reignmaker: I agree, Bats does need to cut down on appearances in other books. I also agree that there should not be a new Robin. The bat- family is already too large in my opinion and it's rare that you see any of the sidekicks used for anything more than a prop or a plot device. A solo Batman can get it done, he has other, non-tight-wearing, characters that can help him, like Alfred, Lucius, Gordon, and Bullock.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By batshrine

Crazy idea, maybe its time for a new sidekick for a while, one not named Robin...

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Morrison created Damian just so, he can kill him and end the age of child Superheroes. This makes me like Morrison even less now

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reignmaker: You're not alone. Now, run! We got to take cover, fans are coming!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't care what Grant thinks, to me he's like that weird uncle that always comes over during reunions and starts spouting convoluted stories, and grabs my arm so I can't walk away from it.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring Damian back...BOOM problem solved.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

of course he does

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I agree with Morrison. I think we have enough Robins at the moment.

ssbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ssbm

if this is what grant and DC to some extent wanted then they should have just rebooted batman like everybody else this way they would have been no need to senselessly kill off Damien just so bruce could be alone this wasn't a decision that was made over night it must have been in there heads for quite a while so if the wanted bruce alone they should just have made him alone to begin with and kept him that way till they wanted to introduce a robin and yes i know that means no nightwing (and i love the book so please don't think this is because i don't) but i would have liked to have seen him progress thought the robins again this time without the campyness and the retcons and whatever else a modern retelling and addtions is that not what the new 52 is meant to be about a change to modernise and retell the characters we now and love and i know people hate waiting for characters to come back i am still waiting for wally but i don't mind the wait knowing he will come back is enough and yea if DC and Grant don't want a robin they shouldn't have brought back 4 just to kill one