patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By patrickborkland

First of.... THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD

That being said, this post is for all manners of discussion for the new Endgame story arc or Batman; whether its reactions, predictions for how the story may go or just an appreciation/critic rave! Go crazy Bat-fans/critics

I will start off by saying I really really enjoyed this book. Before the big reveal at the end, I was reading just thinking it was an "okay" story with some incredible action sequences, but at the end, I gotta say, I had a smile on my face. Of course, this is only the FIRST part of the story, so where do you guys think this is gonna go??

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is ultimate fanboy dream come true.I want to see the look in Geoff Johns face after reading this issue.

Avatar image for patrickborkland
patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is ultimate fanboy dream come true.I want to see the look in Geoff Johns face after reading this issue.

YES and it will be used in so many debates on this forum for years to come, especially after the next issue when he takes on Supes. Synder is the ultimate Bat writer in every form. One of the things people should look at is, yes Bruce had time to prep the suite, but this fight was completely RANDOM and even happened during the day, it caught him off guard in every way. AND he was already injured from previous events of Eternal, which just shows Bruce doesn't need the 100% aspect of prep time to keep up with the League

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Endanger

@patrickborkland said:
@blackhawk000111 said:

YES and it will be used in so many debates on this forum for years to come, especially after the next issue when he takes on Supes. Synder is the ultimate Bat writer in every form. One of the things people should look at is, yes Bruce had time to prep the suite, but this fight was completely RANDOM and even happened during the day, it caught him off guard in every way. AND he was already injured from previous events of Eternal, which just shows Bruce doesn't need the 100% aspect of prep time to keep up with the League

You're right and I've said it again and again.

Batman doesn't need Prep time to defeat the Justice League, simply because:

1. All the Leaguers, for some reason, have their intelligence reduced to a frog's when they go up against the Bat.

2. Because he's Batman.

I didn't think Snyder of all people would pull this....but he did....oh well...

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@endanger said:

@patrickborkland said:
@blackhawk000111 said:

You're right and I've said it again and again.

Batman doesn't need Prep time to defeat the Justice League, simply because:

1. All the Leaguers, for some reason, have their intelligence reduced to a frog's when they go up against the Bat.

2. Because he's Batman.

I didn't think Snyder of all people would pull this....but he did....oh well...

Even though the big fight hasnt been shown yet (aka the fight with Supes), I think it was about time they brought in a true Bat-Fan to write his fight with the League. Cuz most of the previous writers, aka Geoff Johns, always down grades his ability to not only fight them, but to keep up with them

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Im just waiting for the Batman VS Ironman threads to pop up...

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All hype about the fight scenes aside though... do you guys think this was the proper way to bring back the Joker?

Look at what he says at the end, "There's no one here to help you now"

To me, thats a little nod to the fact that to the last arc he was in, he tried to show Bruce that it was your allies that made you weak and mortal, where as I am the one who makes you immortal and all powerful. And to the fact that he's using the League to fight against him.

But since Bruce completely reject ed him, he's back with vengeance and I think this arc is really going to portray his true fury

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder is a true Batman fan, that's why he's probably my favorite Batman writer of all time.

However, that doesn't mean he should just dumb down all the other JLA members to a bunch of idiots.

But I'll wait until this story finishes to see what's "really" happening. I don't think Snyder would pull something like that.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody please spoil me... I WANT TO KNOW!!!!

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: I'm convinced it is, One: because Synder stated that he wanted to end Batman's anniversary year with a bang, and what kind of anniversary would Batman have without The Joker. And Two: I think the revenge of this particular character is as epic as it is emotional to Bruce, he wants to hit Bruce with EVERYTHING to bring him down after being so horribly rejected, and throwing the League at him (and I'm sure PLENTY more in the future issues) will do just that

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Looks like we have a butthurt Johns lover in the house.

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Looks like we have a butthurt Johns lover in the house.

On the contrary, I actually love Johns' work and I think he is absolutely brilliant as a writer and as an artist! His interpretation on Batman is one of my favorite perspectives to read because it adds a form of humanity to Bruce. As fans, we often forget that Bruce is still just a human, and he makes mistakes. That being said I think, to an extent, Johns takes that too far sometimes. I believe that he purposely brings him down to bring other characters up for development. Which is okay in some cases, but only when the story calls for it. Again, I absolutely adore geoff johns as a writer and he is one of my favorite creators in the DC Universe, hands down, BUT Synder IMO makes Batman the character I return to pay money to read about every week

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame part one was insane. I kind of wish it would've taken place before eternal to maintain the illusion that the eternal storyline is an actual threat to batman but, this is good enough.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Im just waiting for the Batman VS Ironman threads to pop up...

Speaking of Iron Man, i like the direction they took with Batman's power mech suit. DC could have easily went the route of making an Iron Man type suit for Batman but that honestly wouldnt fit the Batman motif. Im glad the suit was a bulkish war machine instead a humanoid suit of armor.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe Snyder is pulling this crap.

Beata

patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrickborkland: He's probably really butthurt that Batman fought the Justice League.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: Calling me butthurt for having a opinion opposite of yours?

Sounds like a fanboy.

Beata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: lol. Just taking notice. Besides, let's be real, "I can't believe Synder is pulling this crap" sounds really butthurt.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@thebourneposter: How is it "Butthurt". I'm just displaying annoyance in the direction the story is taking.

If i was being butthurt, i would be B####ing about it.

Beata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: It is your opinion :)

Now, on topic, is Batman's hand going to be missing for a while or something?

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Endanger

@thebourneposter said:

@spidey_jackson: lol. Just taking notice. Besides, let's be real, "I can't believe Synder is pulling this crap" sounds really butthurt.

Well look at this way..if it was Morrison, Waid, Daniels, Loeb writing something like this....no one cares, it's expected.

But Snyder seems the least likely to write something like this. *shrug*

Story just begun....this whole thing could be a dream or hallucination...who knows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: batmans hand isn't missing. After Bruce placed the blue circles on her head, everything we saw her do to Bruce only happened in her head.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: this takes place after batman eternal. Bruce is chilling in a new bat base with Julia and Alfred, and wonder woman swoops in a grabs him. She starts trying to kill him but he places some device on her head so that she sees herself killing him in her mind and thinks its really happening, but in reality she is just standing there imagining this in her mind. So she's taken care of. She basically day dreaming. Then batman releases gas through the sewers so everyone panics and runs away in a ten block radius, clearing the area to keep it safe because he knows the league is after him. He then gets in some new suit he made and beats flash and aquaman. Then superman shows up and punches him across town, and batman asks who is controlling him and the league like this. Superman just smiles and the joker responds. That's pretty much it, besides a back story with some Arkham guys talking about what joker was doing after dotf and how he came back, but we won't get to really know until next issue.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By righteous300

This issue was great. The one thing I loved about it was the interaction between Bruce and Alfred before WW broke in.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: thanks for the info. I'm ready for Joker to be back in the spotlight! The Clown Prince of Crime, the Thin White Duke of Death is officially back to wreak havoc on Gotham City :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Isn't there a panel of him fighting aliens with a missing hand?

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By righteous300

@thebourneposter: It was just a nightmare. in the beginning they say scarecrow hit him with some kind of toxin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: It hasn't come in the mail yet, so I thought what the heck about spoilers. Thanks!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: Yeah, what mrtummytumms said. It's just a coincidence that he had a dream about only having one hand, and later on wonder woman imagined cutting his hand off.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly the best interview with Snyder about the whole League thing:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/08/batman-writer-scott-snyder-addresses-huge-surprise?page=1

Thanks for the link. Though I admit I grew pretty nervous and got goosebumps when Snyder said Tower of Babel was one of his favorite story arcs where I was hoping he doesn't pull that stunt again.

Anyway my issue with this is more of what I saw in the 1st pages which I couldn't understand much since I dropped Batman: Eternal at #7 for Futures End to save money. Can someone just summarize what was going on in Eternal since then? hehe

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He just take down WW ,Flash, and Aquaman while he is injured and people say he doesn't belong in JL. One more thing I like about this issue is that it is very hard even for JL to take down Batman in his own turf.

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think WW or Flash were fazed by the suit at all.....they just got right back up at the end.

He did defeat Aquaman though.

Great issue by the way.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@endanger said:

I don't think WW or Flash were fazed by the suit at all.....they just got right back up at the end.

He did defeat Aquaman though.

Great issue by the way.

Wonder Woman was taken out of the fight by the bind of veils. This is from Snyder's IGN interview:

In the same way, I think he has something he can shoot at Wonder Woman, this kind of deceptive line, and it would hit her, and done. Everything is designed to take somebody out as fast as possible so that he can pivot and look at the next person, do you know what I mean?

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With this armor and the Hellbat, Batman is more powerful than ever.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

He can't wear both at once though.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha! Get'em Bats

Mattpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not sure i understand the ending of the story, is joker just messing with these people at the end of the comic? They are pretty sure he is the devil but all the imagery with fire and him looking like a demon confused me. Im thinking the people at the end of the story are just sick and their minds are playing games with them. and how did he get his face back? Or are these just illusions? I hope he kills the jokers daughter and takes his face back. Any thoughts?

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By batmite1995

@mattpool: no joker isn't the devil its just one of the five tales told by the 5 patients

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@alexander505 said:

What if he combine both.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@alexander505 said:

He can´t combine their power but he can wear both at the same time. The enemy will get tired while he destroys the first armor but then Batman appears with the second armor and beats him.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@alexander505 said:

He can´t combine their power but he can wear both at the same time. The enemy will get tired while he destroys the first armor but then Batman appears with the second armor and beats him.

Cool thinking lol when enemy destroy his 1st armor and see 2nd armor enemy will be like WTF

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

@alexander505 said:

How's that gonna work if you don't mind my asking? Which armour will go inside the other? Because even putting the Hellbat suit inside the Fenrir, that's gonna complicate things. Both suits are very large if you look at their large splash pages so I don't see how one can fit inside the other like one of those Russian dolls.

I can't imagine Batman will be able to fit both of those armours together.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@alexander505 said:

But he can give one to his team mates preferably Dick or Tim and wear the other himself.