Batmans new costume

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

DC ALL ACCESS

God,it's terrible,basically Gordons symbol slapped on to Bruce's costume. This was the best Capullo could come up with? it's blatantly obvious that this is one of those changes where the creator doesn't want to change anything but does it anyway because he wants to change something...if you guys get what I mean. It just harkens back to Snyder's general commitment issues,change for the sake of change but devoid of any courage and fear of betraying the classic.

I hope DC tosses it aside for Rebirth.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By entropy_aegis

@ecstaticgrace: Hey man,sorry I just flagged you accidentally,removed it .

As for the suit I think its terrible because it's a downgrade,it's less pleasing to look at so that's a negative. Batman is apparently at his strongest and fastest because of the dinosium,if Joker is any indication it should be quite the boost but Batman is already borderline superhuman and I dont think they intend on making him anything more than that. Maybe the battle board users will finally equate Batman to Cap even though they were always equal feat wise,though now people have an excuse or counter for the super soldier formula.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am getting accustomed to being screwed byDC and the Snyders. All I can say is that I look forward to this "New and Better Batman".

I am pretty sure that this feat is as Super human as anything that Cap has ever done:

Being able to escape of a turbine like that requires Super human strength.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:

Lol don't worry about it.

I like the idea of there being an excuse for him kicking motorcycles in half and not being dead or bruised when slammed in concrete so it's a plus regardless to whether he actually gets a boost or not I'd expect some time of noticeable attribute given from it though, maybe a healing Factor like E2 Thomas had with the hourman serum alongside physicals being boosted.

In regards to the costume I agree it's not any improvement to his previous costume but I don't find it atrocious either pretty much neutral to it for the most part.

I personally think the dinosium will become the go to excuse for any outlandish physical feat,beyond that everything will be more or less the same. Snyder just isn't the guy who's big on actual change,he just fudges the details and moves things from their places but there's never any change.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That costume won't last long.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am getting accustomed to being screwed byDC and the Snyders. All I can say is that I look forward to this "New and Better Batman".

I am pretty sure that this feat is as Super human as anything that Cap has ever done:

Being able to escape of a turbine like that requires Super human strength.

Yup,I can only see the dinosium legitimize such feats and end the Batman vs Cap physicality debate(who am I kidding ofcourse it wont). Most people have a hard time believing Bruce and Steve can be equal because of the SSS even if the feats are more or less the same.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Damn, I was hoping for something like this:

No Caption Provided

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, DC has basically stopped dancing around and just made Bruce straight-up super-human now. OK.

Never had any issues with a super-human Batman, though. As long as he starts out human, if he gives himself a boost down the line, fine by me.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having read Batman #50 I still say the new costume is not good. It's just like the Batman Unlimited toy series costume except darker,in terms of actual changes it's just the previous costume except the Batsymbol has a yellow outline and the utility belt is Nolanesque. Except the original Jim Lee design also had a Nolanesque utility belt that Capullo ended up removing... so the "new" costume just has a fugly bat symbol.

So, DC has basically stopped dancing around and just made Bruce straight-up super-human now. OK.

Never had any issues with a super-human Batman, though. As long as he starts out human, if he gives himself a boost down the line, fine by me.

It's supposed to restore him to the peak of his physical ability but peak is bound to vary from writer to writer. Batman will be more or less the same level he already is,the dinosium is just an excuse for outlandish feats.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

from issue 50.

personally like the gold/yellow trim on the bat symbol. it's almost paying homage to the classic and iconic yellow oval batman symbol.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

from issue 50.

personally like the gold/yellow trim on the bat symbol. it's almost paying homage to the classic and iconic yellow oval batman symbol.

Hmm, I actually kind of like this.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I actually think Batman being peak human via dinosium makes me a lot less aggravated.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace said:

@entropy_aegis:

Lol don't worry about it.

I like the idea of there being an excuse for him kicking motorcycles in half and not being dead or bruised when slammed in concrete so it's a plus regardless to whether he actually gets a boost or not I'd expect some time of noticeable attribute given from it though, maybe a healing Factor like E2 Thomas had with the hourman serum alongside physicals being boosted.

In regards to the costume I agree it's not any improvement to his previous costume but I don't find it atrocious either pretty much neutral to it for the most part.

I personally think the dinosium will become the go to excuse for any outlandish physical feat,beyond that everything will be more or less the same. Snyder just isn't the guy who's big on actual change,he just fudges the details and moves things from their places but there's never any change.

So the Batman costume is nothing much of a major change. Talk about "all-new costume" hype. Jeez, at least Commissioner Gordon's batsuit gets the better buck for the hype.

As for the green serum stuff that healed Bruce Wayne, wouldn't it eventually run out in the first place, reverting Batman back to status quo of being peak human again? Didn't Joker run out of the serum and had to go back to the pool to regenerate as seen in the end of Batman Endgame storyline?

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure he's not keeping any serum and using it for a prolonged period. Any attempts to "explain" why he can do so will always be temporary. I love my Batman being able to do incredible things without superpowers and only hard-earned effort and I'll NEVER understand anybody who doesn't or a specific explanation when it's quite clear that in a fictional universe, you can train and achieve the same stats that a superhuman regularly goes through.

Besides, I don't think him being any stronger or faster will have anything to do with a suit or serum. It seems, from the interview, that it may be something else in general.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh Seeing in it on action, I don't mind it that much. The arch felt a little pointless (Do all Scott Snyder's archs have to end with most of the city destroyed? The people of Gotham have to rebuild every year, It's crazy) Jim Gordon is now the Police commisioner and Bruce Wayne is Batman, It feels like all went to normal (with the possibility that the offer that Bruce gave to Duke, is the he will be The New Robin).

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I will need to get used to the belt. But I really like he new Batsymbol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Lvenger

Yeah I'm not a fan of the new Bat symbol, the utility belt or the black and yellow colour scheme of it at all. As someone has already said, this seems so much like change for the sake of change, it's mostly the same as how Capullo drew it before but there are just a few glaring Moreover, Batman's new costume doesn't seem to be different in appearances outside of Snyder's Batman such as in the Super League crossover. Though perhaps they just hid it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it as the saying goes.

I was curious about what the dionesium was going to do to Batman's body when Snyder first mentioned it on that interview for Comicvine and at first I thought Batman was going to be a legit peak of human potential physical specimen like Captain America even though he was already pretty close. But from the sounds of it, the dionesium just healed Batman's past physical trauma and rejuvenated his body back to its uninjured state. The strongest and fastest Batman quote seems to only be about Batman being back to his old self. Still, any ridiculous superhuman feats Batman performs as of now are probably going to be attributed to the dionesium.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC ALL ACCESS

God,it's terrible,basically Gordons symbol slapped on to Bruce's costume. This was the best Capullo could come up with? it's blatantly obvious that this is one of those changes where the creator doesn't want to change anything but does it anyway because he wants to change something...if you guys get what I mean. It just harkens back to Snyder's general commitment issues,change for the sake of change but devoid of any courage and fear of betraying the classic.

I hope DC tosses it aside for Rebirth.

I didn't like the previous either ! The most disapointing in Capullo's costumes is the batbelt, in my opinion. In the new one, I find the logo ok, but the batcape a bit ridiculous too.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By Squalleon

Unnecessary. And they kept the redundant lines too.

I don't hate it. I am very indifferent.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having trouble figuring out why he kept the kneepads...

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever the artist is on the book for rebirth better change the batsuit back.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the green serum stuff that healed Bruce Wayne, wouldn't it eventually run out in the first place, reverting Batman back to status quo of being peak human again? Didn't Joker run out of the serum and had to go back to the pool to regenerate as seen in the end of Batman Endgame storyline?

Forget running out in the future. Considering that Endgame was months ago then there shouldn't be any Dionesium in Bruce's (Or Joker's once he returns) system now.

Suppose the suit change was to be expected. Same thing happened after Final Crisis after all. Not that bad, not that great.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suit is fugly. Why is the inner cape purple?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By entropy_aegis

@namtab_god: As pointed out the effects should have worn over by now.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think Batman being peak human via dinosium makes me a lot less aggravated.

What is dinosium? I haven't read the last six-seven Batman issues, so please don't say anything about the storyline of the issues, but what i dinosium? Is it an enhancment drug?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

What is dinosium? I haven't read the last six-seven Batman issues, so please don't say anything about the storyline of the issues, but what i dinosium? Is it an enhancment drug?

It was part of the ENDGAME arc.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman was enhanced by dionesium or not? The serum is the one used by the Talons, and Alfred said to Bruce that is the faster and strongest Batman since ever.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_stegman  Moderator

It's ok.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder: Honestly, that's probably my favorite too. I also had the scene in my head where he's in the giant Bat-Jaeger. Also when Alfred's telling Bruce he's the strongest now he's ever been, and he's beating up all the Blooms. He fights the giant Joker-bot.

So, we can say Batman was enhanced.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Dionesium is a chemical that has the ability to heal the most severe wounds when a person/being is exposed to them. Within Endgame, it is identified/theorized as being a different form of what Vandal Savage was exposed to (Which gave him eternal life, and his is said to be the chemical in its rawest form) and it is also apparently the same type of substance that exists in the Lazarus Pits, which Ra's Al Ghul uses to rejuvenate himself (While Savage has a raw version of the chemical, Ra's is said to have a corrupted version, that is still fairly effective in its own way).

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think it's really lazy, and I hate how Greg was building us up for it with his tweets for it just being a grey Jim Gordon Batsuit with a cape. Ridiculous!

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Alexander505

@entropy_aegis said:

Having read Batman #50 I still say the new costume is not good. It's just like the Batman Unlimited toy series costume except darker,in terms of actual changes it's just the previous costume except the Batsymbol has a yellow outline and the utility belt is Nolanesque. Except the original Jim Lee design also had a Nolanesque utility belt that Capullo ended up removing... so the "new" costume just has a fugly bat symbol.

@orangebat said:

It's supposed to restore him to the peak of his physical ability but peak is bound to vary from writer to writer. Batman will be more or less the same level he already is,the dinosium is just an excuse for outlandish feats.

No, he got a level up, it is obvious, just read the Alfred's words: "fastest and strongest Batman since EVER". That's means that, not only the Dinosium gave to Batman the physical state he always had, but now he's better then ever, as Alfred seid and as the same Snyder seid in an interview, saying that now Batman is more faster, stronger, tougher then ever, because it is a renewed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6s3qDqofSQ

So he got a level up, I don't know now where to put Batman, but now he's officially more powerful. One thing is clear, now we have justification about what Batman will do from now and in the future. So, the PIS thing, will be less used by fans.

Avatar image for slayzorangaegis
SlayzOrangAegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The outline on the Bat Symbol is weird.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GodSaveMeNow

@alexander505 said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@orangebat said:

No, he got a level up, it is obvious, just read the Alfred's words: "fastest and strongest Batman since EVER". That's means that, not only the Dinosium gave to Batman the physical state he always had, but now he's better then ever, as Alfred seid and as the same Snyder seid in an interview, saying that now Batman is more faster, stronger, tougher then ever, because it is a renewed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6s3qDqofSQ

So he got a level up, I don't know now where to put Batman, but now he's officially more powerful. One thing is clear, now we have justification about what Batman will do from now and in the future. So, the PIS thing, will be less used by fans.

It will make no difference from the writer perspective.

The "fastest and strongest Batman since ever" statement is merely a throwaway line to signify a Bruce Wayne "reboot" and an excuse for why peak humans continue to be peak humans despite years of extreme physical abuse. This means subsequent feats for Batman will still remain the same as before.

Not to mention that in the first place, there do exist feats which Batman performed which are PIS (Or perceived as PIS if I want to be "politically correct").

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alexander505

That statement, as said Snyder, will make Batman better then ever. How he will be better exactly, we don't know. If the Joker with Dinosium can be take as example, well, it's a good level up. Anyway,Snyder's words are clear, he really want make the character more powerful then before, period.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

In Snyder's defence, it can be argued he may have already set up the possibility of dionesium being able to increase someone's physical capabilities. During the final Batman vs Joker fight at the end of Endgame, Batman did state that Joker seemed faster than he was before and Joker alluded to the dionesium increasing his physical stats.

No Caption Provided

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes exactly, Joker was more powerful then ever in that fight, thank to the Dinosium of course. The Dinosium not only heal every scars, but can enhance the physical abilities.

Darkknight819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To much yellow

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's just that Capullo's style doesn't suit this batsuit. Read Batman Rebirth, Janin's art of this suit grew on me. I like the golden outline on the logo. Plus this suit looks better with bluish cape and cowl.

Alex_1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers