• 189 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Darkseid War continues in JUSTICE LEAGUE #42. Last issue, the League had a brutal introduction to Grail, Darkseid’s daughter. If that wasn’t bad enough, they soon come face to face with the Anti-Monitor as well. While there is a bit that happens in this issue, there is one pretty big event that we have to immediately discuss. That means there will be some spoilers below for JUSITCE LEAGUE #42.

No Caption Provided

The League barely had a chance to recover from their encounter with Grail and who knows what facing the Anti-Monitor would mean. Luckily Metron arrives and transports them to a place of safety—a place hidden from Grail and Anit-Monitor. None of the League, except for Hal, knows who Metron is. Metron informs them there is no way they can save their world this time. Wonder Woman cuts to the chase and demands to know how they can stop Anti-Monitor. When Diana tries using her Lasso of Truth on him, Hal tells her that Metron doesn’t have any answers but his chair does. Removing him from the Mobius Chair results in the chair about to leave. Batman jumps on in order to stop it. That’s when the change occurs.

No Caption Provided

Batman is almost overwhelmed with the fact that he can now hear the answers to everything. He first asks the chair who killed his parents. Being informed that it was Joe Chill starts to convince him it does know all the answers. He then asks another question—an interesting one.

No Caption Provided

With the sound of a “Ping,” Batman gets the answer to his question. We don’t hear what the answer is but what’s in a name? Batman’s reaction to the answer is pretty fascinating.

No Caption Provided

What could that mean? This is something we may never find out but you can’t deny the idea of Joker’s true name actually meaning something is pretty crazy.

What this means for Batman is what we saw mentioned in the DIVERGENCE Free Comic Book Day Issue. A New God is born. We can assume this is not something that will last past this story arc. But how do you un-become a god?

Make sure you read JUSTICE LEAGUE #42 to see the other stuff that happened, especially with Mister Miracle. We'll have to wait for issue #43 for more.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

To unbecome him a god you get Wonder Woman.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By righteous300

The Joker bit has to be the biggest troll of the year.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3  Edited By GustavoBurciaga1

His name is Thomas Wayne.... jk lol

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

All Hail the Bat-God!!!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker's name is... The Joker, thats really his name lol

either that or its turns out Joker's last name is Wayne or he has an alien name.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker should never be a relevant person. He should just be a force of chaos. I dislike the idea of giving Joker more relevance than that.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'd almost be willing to bet that the instant he gets off the chair he'll forget

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

What's the Joker's real name?

Bruce Wayne

Which one? He is multiple people

Jared Leto

Joker

Tony Guerrero

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's ever mentioned again I forsee the Joker's name thing being a copout answer like "Not even the power of the gods could figure it out" or some such nonsense lol

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm so curious now. What is his name? Joe Chill?

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd almost be willing to bet that the instant he gets off the chair he'll forget

I agree with that. Or that it's just put out there for shock value and won't be asked by anyone in the near future

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue was nearly perfect, and so was the art. My complaints are that it seems weird the chair would try to leave and teleport itself away just because Metron was not sitting in it. I don't get that. Also, not enough Darkseid. Mobius gets to go to earth and wreck stuff and Darkseid just stands looking st nothing on Apokolips. This makes me think its gonna be really destructive when he does show up. It has to be something big. Darkseid is such a badass. Wonder Woman was surprisingly very good though and so was Batman.

powerflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm....Well, we know that Owlman in most cases is Thomas Wayne, and that the mainstream Dc universe has no record of him. I'm pretty certain The Joker being Thomas Wayne would certainly cause Bruce to react as portrayed. It would be a stupid reveal of course, but for some reason that's the feeling I get in my gut.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one concern I have is the length of this arc. it's ending in October making it only 6 issues in length that's including the prologue, seems to short for such a cosmic war of this scope.

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im betting we wont find out what batman did and he'll forget when he leaves tye chair since the chair holds knolage not him.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

It would be freakin hilarious if the Joker was Batman's dad (Thomas Wayne) but returned from the dead or his brother he never knew. That be a real messed up joke on him lol.

Thor_Ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

I didn't see any difference.

And Joker is probably... Martha Wayne.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Joker being multiple names would be a great revelation that would work without destroying things.

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Our worst nightmare has come. The unrealistic super batman fans will never let us go of this moment where Batman literally became a god!!

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowlife248: Now whenever thew subject of Batman being Bat God comes up people can post this picture:

No Caption Provided

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Actually, I think Joker might be Jimmy Hoffa....

Egie_Asemota1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowlife248: *sigh* This is pretty much why I jumped ship from DC and have not returned. I absolutely hate how they are pissing on the Kirby verse with this and how they keep pushing that overrated joke at the expense of other characters. I mean Wonder woman de-powered Metron??!!! and now Bat "overrated-crazy-guy-in-flying-rat-costume" Man is a god?!!! What happened to telling good stories without writer bias?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Did they really need to make batman a god who knows everything? I mean wasn't that already his mary sue power?

n25philly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He accidentally tapped into a Fox News feed claiming it is Obama

Egie_Asemota1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh* This is pretty much why I jumped ship from DC and have not returned. I absolutely hate how they are pissing on the Kirby verse with this and how they keep pushing that overrated joke at the expense of other characters. I mean Wonder woman de-powered Metron??!!! and now Bat "overrated-crazy-guy-in-flying-rat-costume" Man is a god?!!! What happened to telling good stories without writer bias?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WastelandMan

It's because he's Alfred:

No Caption Provided

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker's name will not be revealed. It was a throwaway scene. Batman will forget whatever he learned, or never act on it while he is sitting on the chair. Which is silly. Maybe he found out that Joker doesn't exist and it's just a hallucination.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JackalVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JackalVenom

@teerack said:

Did they really need to make batman a god who knows everything? I mean wasn't that already his mary sue power?

Exactly why it would make sense to be a "God" of Knowledge.

@artisticneedham said:

@shadowlife248: Now whenever thew subject of Batman being Bat God comes up people can post this picture:

No Caption Provided

Definetly me >:D

Also, to anyone who thinks joker is Joe Chill or Thomas Wayne, Joker is older than Bruce. We Know, but not old enough to be his father, which Joe Chill is old enough to be as well. Wouldn't make sense..Yes, i know Comics more times than not don't make sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowlife248: *sigh* This is pretty much why I jumped ship from DC and have not returned. I absolutely hate how they are pissing on the Kirby verse with this and how they keep pushing that overrated joke at the expense of other characters. I mean Wonder woman de-powered Metron??!!! and now Bat "overrated-crazy-guy-in-flying-rat-costume" Man is a god?!!! What happened to telling good stories without writer bias?

Lol, I can smell your butthurt through my monitor.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like every core Leaguer will have an awesome or terrifying power up during this arc. The big writing task will be creating something that will induce other writers to integrate the events into their stories.

And Johns has written a decent Bat man. At last.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@teerack: Yeah. But now they can legitimately get away with it.

Dear God.... What have you done Geoff Johns?

You've..

You've doomed us all.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By UltimateSMfan

All the people who constantly say Geoff Johns undermines batman, well...

No Caption Provided

He literally made him Bat-God! That's the most ultimate bat wank in comics since Snyder had batman spit kryptonite in superman's face.

Regarding the question of the Joker's identity, when that was the second question Bruce asked, i was surprised and by his reaction it seems like someone he knows, but i have a really strong feeling that was just something for this moment and will never be addressed again, unless Johns has some more plans for it.(Which i'm praying he doesn't)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Dear God.... What have you done Geoff Jones?

You've..

You've doomed us all.

They gotta feed the memes man. This even happened in issue 42 xD

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IT WAS THE MONOPOLY GUY ALL ALONG

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By Zeeguy91

@papinacho said:

@ultimatesmfan: How is this even a feat when all Batman had to do was sit down in a chair? Bruce didn't earn his Godhood and everything he does in the future will be the chair's powers not his own. That's how you know Geoff Johns doesn't know how to write Batman, because in order to even make him even slightly relevant he has to pull of this contrived plot device.

Well, is that necessarily a bad thing? After all, several characters derive their power from devices, technology, magical artifacts, and the like. Is it really that bad if Batman, for a short time, is given a boost by the Mobius Chair? We don't say that none of the Green Lanterns have "achieved" anything because they need their rings to pull of their stunts. In fact, we instead look to what they accomplish with the rings and how they use them. I don't see why the same can't be said here. Let's see how Batman usestheMobius Chair to achieve his ends, instead of claiming right off the bat that Geoff "is pulling off a contrived plot device to make Batman relevant."

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@m_man said:

It's because he's Alfred:

No Caption Provided

Whoa. Where's this from?

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Batman dead?

TheComicNegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheComicNegus

The Joker is probably Joseph Wayne, Thomas and Martha Wayne's estranged first son. Born before Bruce, and Thomas Jr. if Owlman (this is not the Owlman of Earth 3 and Forever Evil) is telling the truth, in the new DCU he gets into a dispute with his parents and runs away before Bruce develops any memory of him. From there he grows and matures to become the Red Hood that fell in to the chemicals at Ace in Zero Year.

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ShadowLife248

@guardiandevil83 said:

Dear God.... What have you done Geoff Jones?

You've..

You've doomed us all.

@egie_asemota1 I find that too convenient /easy even with the lasso of truth. In 3 pages *whoops he got out of the chair :/ goddamnit.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91:

I think it's from "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?"

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ShadowLife248

@artisticneedham said:

No Caption Provided

Definetly me >:D

Also, to anyone who thinks joker is Joe Chill or Thomas Wayne, Joker is older than Bruce. We Know, but not old enough to be his father, which Joe Chill is old enough to be as well. Wouldn't make sense..Yes, i know Comics more times than not don't make sense.

*inserts Darth Vader meme, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ShadowLife248

@artisticneedham said:

No Caption Provided

Your comment made my day.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting