#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Just by looks, Affleck will beat the stupid out of Bale .

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bale's ears are better

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didn't really care for bales batsuit. IMO bens looks a lot better.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O_o

If these two were in High School, Bale would be the kid who gets picked on all the time while Batfleck is his older, burlier brother who defends him.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6 frozen  Moderator

@smashbrawler: While Batfleck's suit looks better, Bale's looks more practical and suited to combat, but we'll see, I hope I'm wrong.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Black_Arrow

Batfleck is more imposing and his suit looks better and more intimidating (because of the chin and the size of his body). I still have to see the film to see if he acts like Batman. If it gets the acting right with that costume and his body, he will be the best live action Batman.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the new suit, at least from what I can see, but Bale is a better actor. That being said it dosn't take a great actor to play Batman, which is perfect because Affleck isn't a great actor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Batfleck is more imposing and his suit looks better and more intimidating (because of the chin and the size of his body). I still have to see the film to see if he acts like Batman. If it gets the acting right with that costume and his body, he will be the best live action Batman.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batfleck would knockout bales bAtman. The size difference is huge

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like bales suit better but Ben is more imposing and bigger. Even so bale is a better actor and will probably have a better batman and Bruce Wayne. I will also be disappointed if his movies fail to reach the billion dollar mark at the box office.

I would also like to add that Ben Affleck himself has said that his batman will not be as good as bale's and that its not meant to be. This is supposed to be a totally new and never before seen batman, and he will be older and tired.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Affleck's suit better. Hopefully they'll release some more pics

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Well, obviously. One's body armor and the other's spandex with padding. Even so, dude looks like a goddamn beast.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think Bale in Begins was pretty big but he was small in the other two. If anything else Affleck should be imposing.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Like Baleman's better. No special reason.

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To soon to compare to Afleck when we haven't even see then movie yet. Cant just judge it based on looks.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale's suit is way better in my opinion (as of now) but I need to see more of Affleck's suit before I completely shun it.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bales costume looks like shit compared to Affleck's,but Bales costume is more agile and gives him more flexibility

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I can't stop looking at this picture its just so awesome.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just by looks, Affleck will beat the stupid out of Bale .

Or at least his bat voice.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MuyJingo
@frozen said:

@smashbrawler: While Batfleck's suit looks better, Bale's looks more practical and suited to combat, but we'll see, I hope I'm wrong.

Bale's suit has absolutely no flexibility, so I don't know how you could think that.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't like bale's cowl and don't like this one either.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't like bale's cowl and don't like this one either.

I think the cowl is something that is very hard to get right in real life.

I'm considering putting a lot of money into making what I think would be the perfect Batman costume for Halloween, and the cowl is by far the hardest part :\

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

I like the new suit, at least from what I can see, but Bale is a better actor. That being said it dosn't take a great actor to play Batman, which is perfect because Affleck isn't a great actor.

Affleck is a good actor and he's getting better and Bale might be a great actor but his Batman performance is nowhere near his best performance and I think Affleck has the potential of being a better Batman and Bruce Wayne than Bale. I also think its important to have to good/great actor as Batman, he's not that easy to play and has many layers, people think being Batman is punching thugs and screaming but that's because the movies failed to show anything more than that. We haven't seen the definitive version of Batman yet (unlike Superman and Iron Man) and that Batman will be pretty hard to pull off, so yes I think it takes a great actor to play a great Batman.

@jayc1324 said:

I like bales suit better but Ben is more imposing and bigger. Even so bale is a better actor and will probably have a better batman and Bruce Wayne. I will also be disappointed if his movies fail to reach the billion dollar mark at the box office.

I would also like to add that Ben Affleck himself has said that his batman will not be as good as bale's and that its not meant to be. This is supposed to be a totally new and never before seen batman, and he will be older and tired.

I don't remember him saying that, he just said that he loved what Nolan and Bale did with the character and that it will be completely different than their interpretation.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck's Batman suit looks way better than bale's suit and Keaton's suit. He looks very intimdating and like he can knock someone out. so like Affleck's suit the best.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben is a big guy lol. Ben's suit is def moew "Batman" It even has a clear logo. I like the armor of Bale's though. That's about it...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: http://m.softpedia.com/ben-affleck-says-his-batman-won-t-compete-with-christian-bale-s-406100.html

He said it is something that won't compete with Nolan batman

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@rustyroy: http://m.softpedia.com/ben-affleck-says-his-batman-won-t-compete-with-christian-bale-s-406100.html

He meant it will be different than Nolan's take, where did he say it will not be as good as Bale's?

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the comment about about Ben being the enforcer older brother. He's a big dude, definitely more suited then Bale ever was in stature (and acting) to put on the cape and cowl, but no one can really judge until the movie is actually out...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rustyroy said:

@jayc1324 said:

He meant it will be different than Nolan's take, where did he say it will not be as good as Bale's?

Even if he did say Bales will be better, of course he would say that, Ben is humble guy so he would never go around saying "my Batman will be the best" no movie maker would disrespect the versions that came before it especially one so highly praised as the Dark knight Trilogy since those films and this one have some of the same guys working on it.

Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gabranth

Since it's Zack Snyder, I hope Batman gets to fight like Ozymandias

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's amazing how tiny Bale looks in comparison.

His suit was always stupid, as it is all armor which limits his flexibility. He can't even kick. Would Batman wear a suit where he couldn't even kick? No.

Affleck's size is good. I doubt it's padding either..amazing he got so big. The costume makes a lot more sense, gives a lot more flexibility.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Not really surprising at all if you knew their height/weight lol. Ben Affleck is a big dude.

On paper Bale blows Affleck away as an actor, so we'll have to see how he does.

If its good though, I'm assuming Affleck will direct a Batman trilogy...that's going to be extremely interesting imo. Affleck is very, very, very good director.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm not gonna knock one suit to praise the other. I like BOTH of them. Affleck is closer to a comic book Batman, Bale's is more of a "realistic" tactical gear look, both are good in different ways. But DAYUM Affleck is beefy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

@gabranth said:

Since it's Zack Snyder, I hope Batman gets to fight like Ozymandias

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

I was just thinking that. I hope Batman has Watchmen level physical stats, just easily beating people down and being slightly above peak human.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is the photo of Bale up to scale with the other one? Affleck is taller but Bale has always been bigger in terms of muscle and mass.

@muyjingo: Nolan's Batman was a knight,his suit reflects that theme.

Not really surprising at all if you knew their height/weight lol. Ben Affleck is a big dude.

If its good though, I'm assuming Affleck will direct a Batman trilogy...that's going to be extremely interesting imo. Affleck is very, very, very good director.

Yeah Bale's Batman was limited by the director,he acts circles around every other actor who played Batman and Affleck as well. Affleck's directing skills and creative freedom however can give him a huge advantage in presenting the definite take on Batman,and I have a feeling that it will be.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the photo of Bale up to scale with the other one? Affleck is taller but Bale has always been bigger in terms of muscle and mass.

@fallschirmjager said:

Yeah Bale's Batman was limited by the director,he acts circles around every other actor who played Batman and Affleck as well. Affleck's directing skills and creative freedom however can give him a huge advantage in presenting the definite take on Batman,and I have a feeling that it will be.

Nolan's Batman was not a Knight any more than any other incarnation of Batman. The only reason his suit is the way it is is because it's meant to be "realistic".

Bale got to 220 pounds I think. Don't see why Affleck couldn't exceed that. Hard to say at the moment till we see more pics.

Bale isn't that much a better actor than Affleck. People are just more forgiving of his misses, because they are enamored with his hits.

His acting as bruce wayne was great. His acting as Batman, with the silly voice and all, is made fun of constantly. Because it's not great.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frozen  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: I didn't make the picture, I just found it but the scaling seems fine.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@muyjingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Nolan's Batman was not a Knight any more than any other incarnation of Batman. The only reason his suit is the way it is is because it's meant to be "realistic".

Bale got to 220 pounds I think. Don't see why Affleck couldn't exceed that. Hard to say at the moment till we see more pics.

Bale isn't that much a better actor than Affleck. People are just more forgiving of his misses, because they are enamored with his hits.

His acting as bruce wayne was great. His acting as Batman, with the silly voice and all, is made fun of constantly. Because it's not great.

Bale is listed as 6'0, 180 normally. 220 seems right-ish, though that was BB I believe. He got bigger for the other films...I could see as much as 230-5.

Affleck on the other hand is 6'4. He could easily hit 240 and maybe 250.

And no. Bale is a much, much, much better actor than Affleck. You can make the case that Bale is not only one of the top 5 greatest actors in the world over the course of the past 10-15 years, but that he is THE best. He is world class with the likes of DDL, Crowe, Tom Hanks etc...

That doesn't mean Affleck sucks or that he can't be good...but seriously. Bale is amazing. I can't even think of a movie that comes close to him having a bad performance. He's been in bad movies, sure, but that means nothing.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Bale sucked as Batman.

Affleck probably will to.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MuyJingo

Bale is listed as 6'0, 180 normally. 220 seems right-ish, though that was BB I believe. He got bigger for the other films...I could see as much as 230-5.

Affleck on the other hand is 6'4. He could easily hit 240 and maybe 250.

And no. Bale is a much, much, much better actor than Affleck. You can make the case that Bale is not only one of the top 5 greatest actors in the world over the course of the past 10-15 years, but that he is THE best. He is world class with the likes of DDL, Crowe, Tom Hanks etc...

That doesn't mean Affleck sucks or that he can't be good...but seriously. Bale is amazing. I can't even think of a movie that comes close to him having a bad performance. He's been in bad movies, sure, but that means nothing.

Yes, Bale was 220 for BB, although Nolan actually asked him to drop down to 190 which is how big he was when filming began.. I don't think he got bigger for the other movies though, just got back to that size.

And no. Bale is not a much much better actor than Affleck. Bale's best work is The Machinist and then American Psycho. Everything else he did was good, not great.

Affleck has a few bad movies that are stuck in peoples minds like Gigli and Pearl Harbor. He also has great performances in Hollywoodland, Argo and The Town.

They are both in the same league. Bale is no where near even being close to DDL or Crowe...but then again neither is Tom Hanks.

Oh, and you want some bad Bale performances check out Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Shaft, Reign of Fire, Equilibrium, Terminator Salvation etc.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@muyjingo: Not one of those movies you mentioned have Bale giving a bad performance, just a bad movie. And are you kidding? The Fighter was freaking amazing performance...hence the Academy award.

And no. Argo was a great movie. Fantastic and I loved it. His performance was not that noteworthy. His emotional range in that film was fairly narrow. Affleck doesn't have the range Bale has, not even close.

In fact, I don't think Affleck has even given a great performance. Not as an actor. As an actor, writing or produce sure, but not as an actor.

And the fact you think Tom Hanks isn't a world class actor is pretty much all that needs to be said. You don't even have to watch a movie, go turn on the last 20 minutes of Captain Philips.

Frankly, Bale has been better than Crowe the last 5 years or so. Crowe only recently has coming back. He's been on the downslope for the last 5+ years.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MuyJingo

@fallschirmjager said:

@muyjingo: Not one of those movies you mentioned have Bale giving a bad performance, just a bad movie. And are you kidding? The Fighter was freaking amazing performance...hence the Academy award.

And no. Argo was a great movie. Fantastic and I loved it. His performance was not that noteworthy. His emotional range in that film was fairly narrow. Affleck doesn't have the range Bale has, not even close.

In fact, I don't think Affleck has even given a great performance. Not as an actor. As an actor, writing or produce sure, but not as an actor.

And the fact you think Tom Hanks isn't a world class actor is pretty much all that needs to be said. You don't even have to watch a movie, go turn on the last 20 minutes of Captain Philips.

Frankly, Bale has been better than Crowe the last 5 years or so. Crowe only recently has coming back. He's been on the downslope for the last 5+ years.

Well, it's clear you're a Bale fan, lol. And yes. Those movies do have bad performances by Bale. Corelli's Mandolin was trully horrible acting. He was super cheesy in Shaft and super bland in Terminator.

I forgot about the Fighter, but have yet to actually see it. It's in my list of 200 or so amazing movies I hope to one day get to.

But, so what if the Fighter was amazing? I didn't say that he hasn't had great performances, I said he was in the same league as Affleck. Certainly not in the same league as DDL. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

And do you want to talk about range? Really? Bale shifts between action or brooding/disturbed. That's pretty much it for range, with few exceptions. At least Affleck can do comedy.

And as for Affleck not giving a great performance? Have you seen Hollywoodland? It was a freaking amazing performance...hence the Academy award. And yes, Argo was certainly a great performance. The character was not that interesting or noteworthy, but his performance was great. As it was in The Town.

Tom Hanks is a great actor, but he isn't in the same league as DDL, just like Spielberg isn't in the same league as Scorsese. Hanks tends to stick to very safe material, comedies, romance, etc. He is very popular and bankable and does a good job with the roles he chooses, but he isn't in the same league as DDL. He just isn't.

I think it's hard to compare Crowe to Bale now because of the age difference (I think Crowe started taking less work), but compare them in their prime....Crowe is clearly better. I'd also put Pitt, DiCaprio and Clooney far above Bale.

Bale's good, I like him, and he has a few really standout performances. The rest is just good. Like Affleck.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@muyjingo: How was the Argo a great performance? He didn't do anything in that movie.

Again...the movie was unbelievable. But he was nothing special in it.

And no...Spielberg is better than Scorsese. Speilberg has done EVERY type of movie. Every single type. And done well with all of them. Scorsese on the other hand has a very distinct type of film he makes. Just like Nolan has a very distinct style and hasn't differentiated much.

Yes I've seen Hollywoodland. He didn't win an Academy Award for it. He won a GG for it and no one considers the GG a legit award, just an entertaining show. (they have like...a couple hundred voters compared to several thousands of the academy)

The only Academy awards he's won was the screenplay for GWH and Best Picture for Argo (he should have won best Director too, but they snubbed him happens once in a while).

Furthermoe in my opinion DDL is the best actor in the world. No one compares to him. But if you're talking a top 5, Bale and Hanks are both in it. Affleck probably doesn't make the top 25 or 50. That doesn't mean he sucks...buit it is what it is.

Though I agree about DiCaprio...he has a way worse general opinion of him than anyone else mentioned. People still thinks he's the heart-throb.

And not that I think he is a world class actor but Ryan Reynolds is in the same boat. Totally under appreciated talent because the movies he's been in sucked ass, especially the big tentpole ones.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 frozen  Moderator

@muyjingo: Affleck wasn't special in Argo. Argo is mostly made up, much of it is propaganda. The Fighter on the other hand, is an accurate attempt at the story they tried to tell and the performances are genuine and not manufactured/fake as seen in Argo. There's also American Hustle, which demonstrates Bale's acting range.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@fallschirmjager said:

That doesn't matter,it was Nolan's intent to make him look like a modern knight, the movie was literally smacking you in the head with the knight references,it was a theme that Nolan wanted to stay true too hence the armored look and the Batpod(his steed), you can make up whatever suits you but that's the truth.

Bale is one of best actors on the planet, you are entitled to your own opinion but that's the general consensus among the fans and professionals, Affleck doesn't come close.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That doesn't matter,it was Nolan's intent to make him look like a modern knight, the movie was literally smacking you in the head with the knight references,it was a theme that Nolan wanted to stay true too hence the armored look and the Batpod(his steed), you can make up whatever suits you but that's the truth.

Bale is one of best actors on the planet, you are entitled to your own opinion but that's the general consensus among the fans and professionals, Affleck doesn't come close.

The Knight symbolgy is something that has been with the Batman character for at least 20 years. It really has nothing to do with Nolan.

Do you have a quote or something to back up your claim? If not, I don't think you should be saying that it was Nolan's intent to make him look like a modern night.

There is certainly no consensus between fans or professionals. Professionally, the only difference is that Bale won an oscar (Affleck won more, but not for acting) and his movies made more money at the box office. Although they are pretty similar if you take the Batman movies out of the equation. Will be interesting to see if Bale is still ahead in box office after Afflecks Batman comes out...

I can admit Bale is a better actor than Affleck. I just don't think the gap is anywhere near as wide as people claim.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@muyjingo: Affleck wasn't special in Argo. Argo is mostly made up, much of it is propaganda. The Fighter on the other hand, is an accurate attempt at the story they tried to tell and the performances are genuine and not manufactured/fake as seen in Argo. There's also American Hustle, which demonstrates Bale's acting range.

Have yet to see American Hustle, but I was thinking out of all his movies that is the one that has him finally playing a different type of character.

Not sure why you think Argo was mostly made up. It's mostly true, although they took liberties for dramatic effect. You can read about the differences here...none of them are really major. For comparison, see the liberties The Fighter took here.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

The Knight symbolgy is something that has been with the Batman character for at least 20 years. It really has nothing to do with Nolan.

Do you have a quote or something to back up your claim? If not, I don't think you should be saying that it was Nolan's intent to make him look like a modern night.

There is certainly no consensus between fans or professionals. Professionally, the only difference is that Bale won an oscar (Affleck won more, but not for acting) and his movies made more money at the box office. Although they are pretty similar if you take the Batman movies out of the equation. Will be interesting to see if Bale is still ahead in box office after Afflecks Batman comes out...

I can admit Bale is a better actor than Affleck. I just don't think the gap is anywhere near as wide as people claim.

When did I say Nolan was the one who made Batman a knight? I said IT WAS THE THEME HE WAS THE MOST INTERESTED IN USING,the movie is littered with references unless you literally want Batman to be running around with"knight" written on his forehead, and I do recall an interview where the Batpod was compared to a steed,that wasn't me making things up.