• 74 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

If you've been playing Batman Arkham Knight, here's some news about an upcoming DLC expansion, 'A Matter of Family,' which focuses on Batgirl.

The DLC will be released on July 14 and will be the first time you get to play as Batgirl. The game actually takes place before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and you'll notice certain differences in some characters (like Harley Quinn). A Matter of Family will be available through the $40 Arkham Knight DLC pass. It will be available separately starting on July 21 for $7.

It should be noted that this DLC was developed by WB Montreal (Batman: Arkham Origins developer) and not Rocksteady.

Here's the gameplay trailer.

Have you been playing Arkham Knight? Do you plan on getting the DLC pass?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

OMG... this DLC nonsense is getting out of hand... 40 freaking dollars for DLC...

People seriously need to stop letting WB and other companies get away with this crap... they are more interested in showing DLC out the door then fixing major bugs and glitches the game has.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

OMG... this DLC nonsense is getting out of hand... 40 freaking dollars for DLC...

People seriously need to stop letting WB and other companies get away with this crap... they are more interested in showing DLC out the door then fixing major bugs and glitches the game has.

That's why I'm waiting until they release something like Batman: Arkham Knight: Special Edition which actually has the complete game, not 80% of it with 20% removed and packaged as DLC.

I've heard people spending over $100 on this game, now I like most of the Arkham series, but Arkham Knight is a blatant cash-grab.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

DLC not even made by Rocksteady? No thanks.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just wait for the GoTY Edition.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

C'mon it may seem like a cash grab but to be honest it makes a lot more sense as DLC. It has nothing to do with Arkham Knight's story at all.

I will say that as this point, I think we need an official Arkhamverse timeline released, with the year each Robin joined/left. It's starting to get convoluted. At least Arkham Knight retconned Arkham Origins being 5 years prior into 10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's odd that Rocksteady did not even care enough to make the DLC themselves but WB did great with the Cold Heart DLC and they should do great with this. Its not a cash grab, they are simply giving us more characters and story missions which is great, and its like they're gonna give it away for free

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wardishy said:

C'mon it may seem like a cash grab but to be honest it makes a lot more sense as DLC. It has nothing to do with Arkham Knight's story at all.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Oh man this looks good.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Barbara is a freaking beast!

rollingshadow7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rollingshadow7

Tempting purchase, but ultimately no. $40 is a lot of DLC from WB. Love the franchise, and will convince anyone to play it, but man the DLC's feel like a cash grab THIS CLOSE after the game's release. If this was a christmas release or something next year, of course I would spring for it. But so soon? Eh. Selfish move. I'll wait until the GOTY edition is ~$30.

Btw - anyone digging the original Harley costume? I love it. Also love this Batgirl suit. It's up there with the current purple cartoonish look in the comics now. I've heard some people don't like Tim's shaved head look. It seems like a good fit here. Alludes to the feeling that is how hard he trains.

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

This whole DLC thing is one of the main reasons I gave up gaming. The full game came out June 23 and there's DLC right around the one month mark, seriously? Why wasn't this included from the beginning? Oh, I forgot, they have to pinch as much money out of gamers as possible. My bad.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By DrellAssassin
@jayc1324 said:

It's odd that Rocksteady did not even care enough to make the DLC themselves but WB did great with the Cold Heart DLC and they should do great with this. Its not a cash grab, they are simply giving us more characters and story missions which is great, and its like they're gonna give it away for free

It's not that "Rocksteady did not even care enough", it's that they had an entire game to finish and didn't have the time or manpower to do it.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole DLC thing is one of the main reasons I gave up gaming. The full game came out June 23 and there's DLC right around the one month mark, seriously? Why wasn't this included from the beginning? Oh, I forgot, they have to pinch as much money out of gamers as possible. My bad.

The complete Arkham Knight experience is available on disc. This is additional content developed by a different developer. They release it so soon to ensure that people keep their discs longer and don't trade them into GameStop, which would cannibalize future sales.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people complaining about DLC? It's completely optional. Plus it's only 40$ if you bought the season pass. Wouldn't it be smarter just to wait until it comes out separately (Not to mention the fact that you have no idea what your getting)? Besides... It's a companies job to make money (Not that I'd ever do this if I was the president of a big company).

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zaied

Looks good. Although, if I didn't know any better, I'd think Joker was the only Batman villain in the Arkhamverse.

AshvsEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping she could tag team with Black Canary and Huntress.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

It's made by the people that made Origins. Say what you will about that game, but it was still damn good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: What? The game is out already. If they wanted to they could have made their own DLC

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

Cool

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@drellassassin: What? The game is out already. If they wanted to they could have made their own DLC

And then it would come out 6 months from now, when everyone has moved on to the tons of other games that come out later this year. Rocksteady doesn't have the say-so on it regardless; it's Warner Bros. publishing that allocated that project to Warner Bros. game studios.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooh looks so pretty.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: GTA V came out two years ago and is still releasing DLC. Rocksteady could have made this DLC if they wanted to. We don't know why they gave it to Montreal but they wouldn't have if Rocksteady wanted to do it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

It's made by the people that made Origins. Say what you will about that game, but it was still damn good.

I got half way through it before it crashed and corrupted my save file, never played it again.

GrayKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny to read some of these comments on how things are now just "cash grab" and it's from the people who aren't even wanting to buy it! You guys do realize that you don't have to purchase the season pass for this DLC right!? Or if you want, you can purchase them individually, case in point, this DLC is worth $7.00!! You spend more to go see a movie one time, and then have to wait for it to purchase it for $25.00 on Blue-Ray if you like it! You spend $7.00 on this DLC and you can play it until your heart is content!

Crazy to think Itunes does the same thing with music. You can purchase the entire album around $12.00 OR.....wait for it....purchase the individual songs that you like for $1.99!! I know CRAZY right!!

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@drellassassin: GTA V came out two years ago and is still releasing DLC. Rocksteady could have made this DLC if they wanted to. We don't know why they gave it to Montreal but they wouldn't have if Rocksteady wanted to do it.

GTA V is a very rare case because that's a tentpole game that people hang on to (although you'll notice that they won't do story DLC like Lost and Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony because they didn't do very well). And we do know why they gave it to Montreal. Warner Bros. publishing, just like all video game publishers, are the ones who decide who works on what, how it's funded, and how it's released. They wanted to release the DLC soon after the game's release to capitalize on the fervor surrounding the game, and they new they would have to hand it off to another studio in order to achieve that time frame.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: oh that is awesome. I really loved Origins story and their DLC,was very well done,and personally one of my favorite Batman games.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AtheistKnowledge
bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's funny to read some of these comments on how things are now just "cash grab" and it's from the people who aren't even wanting to buy it! You guys do realize that you don't have to purchase the season pass for this DLC right!? Or if you want, you can purchase them individually, case in point, this DLC is worth $7.00!! You spend more to go see a movie one time, and then have to wait for it to purchase it for $25.00 on Blue-Ray if you like it! You spend $7.00 on this DLC and you can play it until your heart is content!

Crazy to think Itunes does the same thing with music. You can purchase the entire album around $12.00 OR.....wait for it....purchase the individual songs that you like for $1.99!! I know CRAZY right!!

Except movies and music don't run suboptimally. When you watch a movie you watch it normally, it doesn't turn into a slide show just because there's quick movement onscreen. Also the movie doesn't crash midway through.

GrayKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloggerboy:

point well received. However, when you purchase, let say a ticket to see a movie, you really don't know if your truly going to like it or not. Your solely basing your interest on previews. I'm sure there have been at some point in everyone's life where they went to the movies and have come out saying, "Well that's $7 or an hour and half of my life I won't get back." So, there really isn't even a guarantee when you purchase the ticket at a movie you'll actually enjoy it once you see it.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

Why is Harley in her original outfit and not her Arkham series get-up?

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@theacidskull said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I got half way through it before it crashed and corrupted my save file, never played it again.

Hopefully the same won't happen with a small DLC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: But if Rocksteady really wanted to they could have made it. They had TWO dlc ready the day the game came out.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@cloudguy:

The game actually takes place before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and you'll notice certain differences in some characters (like Harley Quinn).

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@drellassassin: But if Rocksteady really wanted to they could have made it. They had TWO dlc ready the day the game came out.

That's because those DLC's were factored into their development time. Again, Warner Bros. wants that Batgirl DLC to come out at a certain time. No matter how much Rocksteady could have said pretty please, they wouldn't have delayed that DLC just so that Rocksteady could do it. That's not good business.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@theacidskull: Yep. Aside from a few bugs and the bait and switch on who the actual main villain was... Origins was pretty decent. I'd place it at least at a 6.5 out of 10.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

But....But....Mark Hamill!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: If rocksteady wanted to do this DLC they would have factored it into their development time too.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

can't wait to see what kind of gadgets Babs uses. and i see Harley is finally in her classic costume ...wait, really? 110% identical to the comics, you're not gonna try and make it unique in any way at all?

@atheistknowledge said:

But....But....Mark Hamill!

i'm with you man. you can't put a price on that kind of talent

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

...Let me just point out that it's the Season Pass you pay 40 bucks for and get all the DLC's for/during the time you've paid for it.

The expansion itself costs 7$ and is released a week later.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

$40 dollar DLC (aka the Season Pass) is reasonable when you take into account all the content you're getting within that 6 months period. You're paying for all of that...they aren't giving it to you for free...

7 dollars for this kind of DLC is actually pretty generous, in my opinion, considering games like Assassins Creed like to put out these type of things for upwards of 20 dollars.

Of course, that may also mean the DLC isn't that long. Still, 7 dollars is pretty good.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game is amazing, and people can stop bitching about the price. Either get the season pass when you get the game which gives you pretty much all of the DLC, you just have to wait for it's release or wait for the inevitable game of the year edition like I do.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know whats even more reasonable? Free DLC... it's not such a ridiculous concept many companies have done it already. Witcher 3 for instance announced recently 16 FREE DLC's.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-16-free-dlcs-for-everyone/

I understand fanboyism and favoritism but you guys are defending a company that willingly released a game in a broken state, in fact for several months they already where aware of the game breaking bugs in Arkham Knight but they didn't care. The only reason they eventually pulled it from something like STEAM is because of the huge backlash and PR mess they had no other choice.

But these are the same guys that care about finishing DLC's they can sell to for more money then they care about fixing bugs, this is literally something they already stated themselves.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-origins-has-no-plans-to-fix-several-game-breaking-bugs/1100-6417619/

Broken games, day 1 DLC's and not a shred of care about customer service is not something i can forgive no matter how much i love Batman and the Arkham series.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I wanna see killer moth and maxie zeus so freakin bad

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SO THEY HAVE LEGIT NEVER HAD A GAME WITHOUT JOKER NOW

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harley wears a full harlequin but in latex.

This is almost a progress.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ.... The people complaining about it being a 'cash-grab' (or whatever it's called) should just STFU! First of all, Batgirl's DLC doesn't even have any connections with the Arkham Knight storyline. Yes, I know it says that it's the prequel, but God damn man, it's a different story, so it wouldn't make sense that it would be added on to the Arkham Knight story. Second of all, you don't even have to buy it, so I don't understand why people are being this bitchy. Sure, I understand that they feel that Rocksteady's cut away parts of the game because of money, but that isn't even a good reason.

If you want the DLC, then buy it, if not, STFU! It's not that hard to just ignore it.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@xargo: Or Harley Quinn, Oracle and Commissioner Gordon. What's you're point?

phocracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By phocracker

Is this a cashgrab? $40 for one story line is an extreme amount. How long is the Batgirl storyline? What is new about it aside from the story? I would rather purchase a Robin DLC than a Batgirl DLC anyday.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

Batgirl dlc is not 40 USD, that is the sum for all the DLC via the season pass.

The only thing I'd worry about is lack of content and continuity inconsistencies.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang: they use him too much i know he isn't exactly alive in remain story but the fact they almost immediately made DLC with him in it supports my statement