Avatar image for wwq3
#1 Edited by WWQ3 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its definitely Captain America. When I think of Avengers, I immediately think of him.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6732 posts) - - Show Bio

@wwq3: well that is you. most people think of iron man. he started it all. he funds it.

Wasn't it technically Ant-Man who 'started it all', seeing as it was his idea for the teamup to become a permanent thing? Plus Wasp was the one who came up with the name.

Avatar image for farkam
#4 Posted by Farkam (8142 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk or Thor. If you are talking about the movies than its Iron Man.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45251 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man

Avatar image for vance_astro
#6 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
@farkam said:

Hulk or Thor. If you are talking about the movies than its Iron Man.

I don't think


@jonny_anonymous said:

Spider-Man

This. Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular character. It only makes sense that he's the most popular Avenger. If we're talking about the most popular character that we automatically associated with the team (which wouldn't be Spider-Man because he's a newer member) I would say the big 3 (Cap,Iron Man,Hulk) are about neck and neck for the top spot. Thor is gaining in popularity because of the films but simply as a Marvel Comics character I don't think he's more popular than Iron Man,Hulk or Cap.

Moderator
Avatar image for farkam
#7 Posted by Farkam (8142 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for vance_astro
#8 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
Avatar image for farkam
#9 Posted by Farkam (8142 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: I don't remember IM being that popular before the movies came out.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#10 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@vance_astro: I don't remember IM being that popular before the movies came out.

I could say the same for Thor.

Moderator
Avatar image for farkam
#11 Posted by Farkam (8142 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for strider1992
#12 Posted by Strider1992 (18173 posts) - - Show Bio


@jonny_anonymous said:

Spider-Man

This. Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular character. It only makes sense that he's the most popular Avenger. If we're talking about the most popular character that we automatically associated with the team (which wouldn't be Spider-Man because he's a newer member) I would say the big 3 (Cap,Iron Man,Hulk) are about neck and neck for the top spot. Thor is gaining in popularity because of the films but simply as a Marvel Comics character I don't think he's more popular than Iron Man,Hulk or Cap.

This seems right.

Avatar image for jack_donaghy
#13 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

In general it's Spider-Man but most people aren't aware he's an Avenger so I'm going with Iron Man.

Avatar image for perezite
#14 Posted by Perezite (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

Ummm...no...The big three (that is, the Avengers Trio) are Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. The tech hero. The meta/natural/mutant hero. And the magic based hero.

Avatar image for amutant
#15 Posted by amutant (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

Avatar image for darkday
#16 Posted by DarkDay (651 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@vance_astro:

Ummm...no...The big three (that is, the Avengers Trio) are Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. The tech hero. The meta/natural/mutant hero. And the magic based hero.

While I agree with you as far as I'd say whom I personally think The Avenger's Big Three are, Vance was talking about popularity, and the Hulk is more popular than Thor.

Avatar image for perezite
#17 Posted by Perezite (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday said:

@perezite said:

@vance_astro:

Ummm...no...The big three (that is, the Avengers Trio) are Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. The tech hero. The meta/natural/mutant hero. And the magic based hero.

While I agree with you as far as I'd say whom I personally think The Avenger's Big Three are, Vance was talking about popularity, and the Hulk is more popular than Thor.

Oh. Well, yeah. In popularity, that's how it goes. In fact though, what I said is how it goes.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#18 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday said:

@perezite said:

@vance_astro:

Ummm...no...The big three (that is, the Avengers Trio) are Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. The tech hero. The meta/natural/mutant hero. And the magic based hero.

While I agree with you as far as I'd say whom I personally think The Avenger's Big Three are, Vance was talking about popularity, and the Hulk is more popular than Thor.

Thank you.

Moderator
Avatar image for powerherc
#19 Posted by PowerHerc (86171 posts) - - Show Bio

It's all opinion based.

Currently, Iron Man seems to be the most popular Avenger due to the success of the movies.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
#20 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

Avatar image for captainamerica119
#21 Posted by Captainamerica119 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Cap was voted most popular Marvel character and beat Spidey by like 5 votes. Cap is the best

Avatar image for jack_donaghy
#22 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Cap was voted most popular Marvel character and beat Spidey by like 5 votes. Cap is the best

Where on some comic book site? Spider-Man is easily much more popular than Cap and the most popular Marvel character period.

Avatar image for jimthesurfer
#23 Posted by JimTheSurfer (580 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Cap was voted most popular Marvel character and beat Spidey by like 5 votes. Cap is the best

Voted where? Spider-man is a super-hero, who is known by nearly everyone, while a lot of people, who don't read comics, don't know, who he is.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#24 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9019 posts) - - Show Bio

Us peak humans and mutants might say Cap but the average human will say Ironman.

Avatar image for experio
#25 Edited by Experio (18215 posts) - - Show Bio

The top three are

Cap= Leadership

Ironman= Money and intelligent

Thor= Most powerful

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
#26 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man because of RDJ

Avatar image for crouchingtiger
#27 Edited by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man. Easily Marvel's most popular character in general

Avatar image for veshark
#28 Posted by Veshark (9458 posts) - - Show Bio

Among the general public: Iron Man

Among comic fandom: Captain America

If the question is 'who is the most popular hero who has been an Avenger', I would go with Spidey, naturally. But when most of think of the 'Avengers', Spidey isn't really the first hero that springs to mind. I'd go with Cap for that.

Avatar image for bo88gdan
#29 Posted by Bo88gdan (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
#30 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Shang Chi.... loljkkkk. Imo, when i hear avenger, i think of Cap since he is technically the guy who calls shots.

Avatar image for nick31898
#31 Posted by NICK31898 (2270 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for captainamerica119
#32 Edited by Captainamerica119 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: This one

@jimthesurfer said:

@captainamerica119 said:

Actually, Cap was voted most popular Marvel character and beat Spidey by like 5 votes. Cap is the best

Voted where? Spider-man is a super-hero, who is known by nearly everyone, while a lot of people, who don't read comics, don't know, who he is.

On this site

Avatar image for mega_spidey01
#33 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

The top three are

Cap= Leadership

Ironman= Money and intelligent

Thor= Most powerful