"Let's get jinky with it" (Velma Dinkley sketch)

ProofPudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ProofPudding

Just thought I would share a quick Velma sketch I did recently. Loved Scooby-doo back in the day.

Hope you all like it. : )

No Caption Provided

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

Love Velma, not sure I like her in this style... To me it looks more like Daphne.

Your shading could b better. You seem to have defined your light source off to the left but the right side isn't in shade and the shadow of her feet doesn't look right...

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By End_Boss

That's Daphne in Velma's clothes.

ProofPudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@end_boss: My art style douse make her look a little more like Daphne.

@durakken: Thanks for the comment and critique . The light source is coming from both the left and front right. This is just a rough sketch so I wasn't to worried about accuracy.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

@proofpudding: ahhh. I see.

I think the reason she looks more like Daphne is because...

Velma is Short and Busty. She doesn't have an hour glass figure, but she is not over weight. The reason we see her as a bit fatter is because her breasts and her wearing a loose sweater which creates a straight line from her breast to her hips... which makes her look boxy.

She looks more like Daphne because of the hair style and that you gave her more hips and most people associate hips with Daphne.

Though... I'm not sure if it's your style or you intentionally did this, but she appears pear shaped... Neither Daphne nor Velma are pear shaped. Daphne is more hour glass. and Velma is boxy.