I made a web comic!

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deusx

I know. I don't post often here. See, I love comics and manga, that said, I don't have much time to read them. I get one or two from time to time just to catch up on where my favorite super heroes are. Last thing I bought was Death of the Family #1. Really great stuff. Anyways, I know not having posted in a long time and then promoting my work here isn't the most ethical thing to do but hey, better you guys (actual fans of comic books) than somebody else!

First, I'll introduce myself, my name is Marcelo Ardón and I'm an illustrator and graphic designer. Basically, I like to make stuff for people to enjoy. One of my many many projects was to start making a web comic. So I decided to start with that one since it's a great path for me to get more practice and polish my narrative skills in the way. I don't gain any money from this and to be honest, I don't want to. It's just me having some fun and trying to entertain people.

Here is the basic introduction for the comic: The name is Kodomo (kids in japanese) and it's based around the strange and bizarre adventures of two homeless bastard kids as they traverse the old city in their quest to find happiness. The year is 20XX and this is their story. Basically, sci-fi Blade Runer meets cyberpunk Akira meets Dragon Ball, or that's what I'm aiming for...

So far the story is very simple but I promise it's going to get better, these first 6 pages are just laying the ground for future crazy shenanigans. I didn't want to post them in full resolution to avoid browsers crashing left and right so here they are in thumbnail version:

No Caption Provided

The art style is inspired by a bunch of stuff, it's basically me just trying to find my own style. I don't want to make stuff like everyone else and also, I like weird stuff. The comic is only B&W because I thought it fit the theme very nicely and also because I am heavily inspired by Japanese Manga. I'm looking for feedback or any comments you guys might have on it. I know I'm not the most skilled artist or writer but I'm doing my best and as the series progresses, the art is improving as well as the narrative. If you want to keep up with more pages you can follow me here: http://kodomostory.tumblr.com/ or let me know and I'll keep posting the pages in this same post. Thanks for reading this far, you are an awesome person. I hope you enjoy my work!

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Black and white is a good look. Neil Swaab did it for years.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Deusx

@sesquipedalophobe: I'm glad it looks appropriate! I love Neil Swaab's stuff, he makes the darkest comedy ever!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lykopis

These all look great!

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Deusx

@lykopis: Thank you! :D

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deusx

I just got done making an alt cover. Hope you guys like it!

No Caption Provided

Should I keep posting these here or leave it at that and keep my tumblr updated? Anyways, let me know.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mutant X

Wow! Really awesome stuff. I love the alternative style you're using. It's a breath of fresh air. The story is very interesting too. What do you use to draw?