Posted by gorilla_girl (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello folks! Long time no see. So I've been doing some drawing lately, and I just wanted to share some of my work with you :)

No Caption Provided

This is Alain Delon as seen in the movie "Le Samourai". What a guy. Well, can't a girl have a celebrity crush?

No Caption Provided

I'm not too happy with myself about this one. But I sure might use it as valentine card next year.

No Caption Provided

And here's the promised severed head! It's supposed to be animated (click on it if it doesn't flap wings), and it's my rendition of Hermes.

No Caption Provided

Oh, and this is something really quick I did for stress relief (it didn't work as one; it never actually does, why do I keep trying). Those are based on a story I used to write when I was little. I don't recall much of it, but I do remember that the protagonist had a griffin best friend. Hey, I did it before Harry Potter!

No Caption Provided

That's all, thank you very much for watching! Critique is welcome, I don't bite :3

#1 Posted by M.S. Feather (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

Morbid Valentine's Day cards are the best if you ask me! :D

That animation is nice and fluent and your legendary bird-cat is adorable but the first picture has to be my favorite from this batch.  It's absolutely stunning.

#2 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

This is all realllllllllllllllly amazing. Stunning. No critiques whatsoever.

#3 Posted by feebadger (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

These are really beautiful. Your line work and shading are wonderful. Great work.

#4 Posted by gorilla_girl (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: Aw thank you! That's my favourite of the bunch, too. I think it's because it has Delon in it :3

@Hawkeye446: Thanks, but you're too nice ;)

@feebadger: Thank you, that's great to hear!

#5 Posted by tonis (6561 posts) - - Show Bio

@gorilla_girl: hahaha, yea severed head makes a hell of a Hallmark moment in the right situation :)

great new material, I really like the expression on Alain as he's staring into the barrel of a gun. It's a strange surreal kind of look.

#6 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

@gorilla_girl: Am not, honest!

#7 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9254 posts) - - Show Bio

@gorilla_girl:

The flapping wings are great!

#8 Posted by Raven0207 (1329 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice way to make your return ! as always all of these are awesome !

#9 Posted by KRYPTON (2424 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I like the first picture of art. It looks really good.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you have some incredible work here. I'm visually stunned by the second picture.

#11 Posted by gorilla_girl (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Oh, thanks, man! Actually, I wanted to put that .gif into an otherwise static comic strip, but that would be a huuge image then. So I chickened out (for now!)

@Roxanne Starr: Heh, I spent an unfortunate amount of time on those. Glad you like 'em! :)

@Deranged Midget: Thanks! You are one of the few who liked it. Now I think it looks kinda odd, but I'm glad that I've tried something new

@KRYPTON ,@Raven0207: Thank you guys! And by the way Raven, congratulations on the Kubert school thing!! I'm happy for you and I wish you the bestest of luck :)