Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6

Alright here's the new Crank Round.

All you have to do is draw a page or more of sequential art and post it up here in this thread. At the end of the comp if you win you get to choose some characters you'd like to draw and start the next round.

If you need a plot idea... You could have the U-Foes trying to steal from pyramid tomb of the great pharaoh Tutankarman... only to find...? Aliens..? Monkeys? ... Dinosaurs...? Bad Cheese..? Nothing...? .

Contest will run until the 15th of May.

Here are some ref images of what the U-Foes look like in case youse didn't know already.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#3 BumpyBoo  Moderator
Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks fellas, hopin' to see some entries from youse all now we've all survived the holiday season.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6
No Caption Provided

finite. Not sure about the last panel but it'll have to do.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@fiesty_badger6:

You did such a bang up job on yours it looks great. I had to throw something in there to make this into a contest. :)

Here's my silly quick layout to join you.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for communitycollegehero_author
communitycollegehero_author

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6, I love the style. Thankfully we narrowly avoided an upskirt pic of IronClad.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Mikey's a real hep cat there, @ramsillustrations. Very nice comic art all up to. Especially liked how you drew Vapor's face. Very professional.

Thanks @communitycollegehero_author. And that is true. No scotsman wants to see what's lays up another man's kilt

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Nice stuff so far folks. I have always wondered why the U-Foes weren't used more against the Fantastic Four, instead of the Hulk.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah me too, @cbishop. I wanted to see them everywhere after I first saw them but they went almost nowhere which was a real shame.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6: I just think as powerful as the FF are, and as well respected, the U-Foes should be just as feared.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6

I don't know about feared... they seem to me like the born losers of the superbaddie Mileu, @cbishop. Even their origin was a comedy of errors... But underachievers only need to make a little effort to be achievers...So, I suppose.you could be right.

@ramsillustrations... This contest seems to be dying again through lack of participation... Do you think its worth carrying on with it..? Or should we give it a warriors burial..?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cbishop

@fiesty_badger6:

Well clearly they were created as a riff on the ff, so there was very little effort put into them, and yes they've been used as bop bags by everyone except Squirrel Girl (but she was busy with Dr Doom <eyeroll>). That's a pretty powerful team though. With the correct writer, they could be great.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6:

I agree, the traffic on CV seems to have slowed down and less artists are participating, maybe due to the summer coming up and people like doing more things out of the house. Which means that the Crank the panels contest plummets to the bottom of any of the contests. What we can do is let it wean off for the moment. If you feel like starting it up and let me know further down the line I may join you and perhaps we can get more entries. CV artists showdown forum has its ebbs and flows and I guess theres not many new members wanting to jump in at the moment. It was a decent run but we can always come back to it. :)

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah for sure, @cbishop... The right writer and artist... cause they can easily look ridiculous even if they aren't acting that way...

Yeah OK, @ramsillustrations. I'll be sorry to see it go but but it was fun while it was alive and kicking. Maybe we can come back for season 3 a little later on too. Maybe when we do we could draw comics featuring the winning redesigns of some of the other CV contests if and when we come back too. Maybe if people saw their creations in action they might be more interested in drawing some pages of their own...

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6:

I don't think its so much the theme, although that helps initially. It's kinda too complex for just a fun short project in the evening or afternoon and it may be more time than people have, or are willing to invest in. So its really for the very few fellow artists that want to give it a try.

We can sporadically resurrect it if we can find two or three artists to join in, Its just that even when someone says they are in, they dont always get to it or finish it before the deadline.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: @fiesty_badger6: Participation ebbs and flows on the Fan-Fic forum too. FF has been down lately, because probably half of our regulars are in college and had finals to prepare for. I imagine some of them will crank up their participation during the summer, while others will likely be on vacation. It happens. Don't assume it's a dead contest. ;)

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6

Yeah well we'll shut it down for a few months, @ramsillustrations & @cbishop...

I think people over think their comic art a little too much and maybe think that something that blew them away was necessarily forever beyond their abilities... I'd say unless you're an autistic savant you have to work on your thing a bit here and there to get good at it -- cause... good is just better than average.

Maybe we could get some of you fan fiction guys over to write stories for us to draw as well. Maybe that could be another hook.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cbishop

@fiesty_badger6: there's an entire fan-fic forum full of stories you guys could work with, all conveniently organized in the fic-o-pedia (pinned to the forum). ;)

I've always thought it would be cool if you guys drew the OC's created in the fan-fic character creation contest. There's been 48 of those now, so plenty of material there as well. :)

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6

I'll have to have a look over there, @cbishop. Thanx for the heads up..

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers