Character Creation Contest #62

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Alright wildcats25 won the last one with Haldar the pulp hero but abdicated his thread creation to the mods. So here in the 62nd Character Creation Contest Icarusflies has challenged the artists of the vine to create a character with a disability. This might be a tough one creatively so deadline will be in 3 weeks, Feb 8 midnight PST. Any questions/comments feel free to post them.

wildcats25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By wildcats25

really tough one!

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3  Edited By Decept-O

Great idea.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ARMIV2

Hmmm...

wildcats25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wildcats25

this is along the lines of "Memento" or X-men's rogue.

No Caption Provided

okay, fine... he's lame...;P

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Haha not sure if thats a disability or just convenient

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By blancosombra

Dude, I was making a character along the same lines. The tagline was 'He has every power in the world but can't remember that he does, who he is, or how to use them.'

I was thinking about going the comical route with this and making Republican Man, but I figured that would draw some unneeded BS.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ARMIV2

I'm trying to think of something that hasn't been done before and isn't going to offend anyone.

This is harder than I thought.

wildcats25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wildcats25

@redscare said:

I was thinking about going the comical route with this and making Republican Man, but I figured that would draw some unneeded BS.

"unneeded BS"? no way! comics, like good science fiction, should be about social commentary. although calling him Republican Man isn't discrete.

(wildcats25 does not support any political party or its affiliates.)

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ARMIV2

@wildcats25 said:

@redscare said:

"unneeded BS"? no way! comics, like good science fiction, should be about social commentary. although calling him Republican Man isn't discrete.

(wildcats25 does not support any political party or its affiliates.)

Shoot, I wanna see Republican Man.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IcePrince_X

The Phantom Hands

No Caption Provided

Name: Jeremy Wong

Alias: Phantom Hands

Powers: can project phantom limbs which he can manipulate in a number of ways. he can attack from a distance as long as he is able to see his target. If his vision is compromised his phantom limbs can only work in close proximity and acts as if it is an existing limbs. he can project many limbs at once but its strength and effectivity is weakened.

History: At a young age of 12, Jeremy Wong met an accident that left his two limbs to be decapitated but triggered his psionic powers. His phantom limbs is the sum and total of his psionic abilities which can be said as a telekinetic hold to his desired target. The hands are actually invisible to the naked eye except for people gifted with the sight.

bennyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bennyq
No Caption Provided
KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KEROGA
No Caption Provided

armorized wheel chair

artiom1q2w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By artiom1q2w
No Caption Provided

parts-contractor, a demon that each time used take the body-part of the users until the user die.

john norris - is the most unloved user that the daemon(PARTS-COLLECTOR) has served,because john always manage get back his body parts or replace new one.

SteveRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SteveRodgers

The Leper

No Caption Provided

John Willis got leprosy when he was excavating a mine in southwest Burgoda. He had struck it rich with a chest full of ancient coins and various mystical items. One such item gave him the power to regrow his limbs and other body parts if lost. This worked out to be a great situation as he became the superhero vigilante known as The Leper!

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Very creative stuff so far, what do you think?

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17  Edited By Decept-O

@IcePrince_X: Totally awesome concept.

I think most of these are done in good taste and are creative.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Awesome work everyone!!!!!! :D

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By LordRequiem

I think most of these people don't understand what a disability is. Except for Captain Crutches, well done, a great effort.

Boxinbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Boxinbeard
No Caption Provided

"Thunderfist" (Roger Hernandez) was originally a soldier in the US army that lost his lower legs and right hand when his convoy was hit by an IED in 2007. Devastated from the emotional and physical trauma Roger drifted along for the next 4 years wallowing in alcohol and sorrow, unable to put his life together or find any meaning to his own, Roger fell into a deep depression. His life took a positive turn in early 2011 when a news feature showcased a legless veteran thwarting an armed robbery, this event inspired Roger that he could do something positive and serve the community he once loved. So he called in a few favors from some old Army Engineer buddies to design a means for him to fight the corruption plaguing his community. Now armed with an experimental charged particle cannon to replace his missing hand, which can set to do no more harm than stun an enemy or can completely disintegrate anything that stands in Rogers way. He was also set up with a set of springy replacement legs that allow Roger to run and jump at near superhuman levels. Now with a new lease on life Roger devotes his life protecting his community as "Thunderfist" the gold-clad superhero able to overcome anything thrown at him!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Joewell911

@Boxinbeard: That just awesome

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

bwhahahahahaha!

No Caption Provided

Nice!

Avatar image for batman_the_barbarian
Batman_The_Barbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Name: #1

Hero Name: Captain Fooz

Powers: He can do virtually everything you can imagine. Shape-shift, Fly, Strong as 100+ men, invisible, etc.

Disability: He can never make it past the drawing board.

History: He was one of the original foozball men, but after a radioactive gas leak in the game room, he emerged almost complete.

Orion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Orion_

@Boxinbeard said:

No Caption Provided

"Thunderfist" (Roger Hernandez) was originally a soldier in the US army that lost his lower legs and right hand when his convoy was hit by an IED in 2007. Devastated from the emotional and physical trauma Roger drifted along for the next 4 years wallowing in alcohol and sorrow, unable to put his life together or find any meaning to his own, Roger fell into a deep depression. His life took a positive turn in early 2011 when a news feature showcased a legless veteran thwarting an armed robbery, this event inspired Roger that he could do something positive and serve the community he once loved. So he called in a few favors from some old Army Engineer buddies to design a means for him to fight the corruption plaguing his community. Now armed with an experimental charged particle cannon to replace his missing hand, which can set to do no more harm than stun an enemy or can completely disintegrate anything that stands in Rogers way. He was also set up with a set of springy replacement legs that allow Roger to run and jump at near superhuman levels. Now with a new lease on life Roger devotes his life protecting his community as "Thunderfist" the gold-clad superhero able to overcome anything thrown at him!

Really like this one! Awesome job.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

@Shatterstar: This is Hop-Man, able to hop tall buildings in a single bound. He has one leg and limited vision but in all other ways he's the Super type man of his dimension.

(NOT a serious entry, this picture is what you get when you type into Google Images 'Generic Super Hero', I chose one at random, slightly recoloured him through Word Paint & chopped his leg off. I own nothing of the image & merely edited it for fun)

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IcePrince_X

@Decept-O said:

@IcePrince_X: Totally awesome concept.

I think most of these are done in good taste and are creative.

Thanks...got this inspiration after reading a psychology book actually about people who lost their limbs and still feel that it is some what there.

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Blizaga101

i have an entry nearly finished hopefully will be up today at some point

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Blizaga101
No Caption Provided

So i present Mathilda Stone, She was once known as Pond skater, she was a hero with superhuman agility andy was capable of performing acrobatic stunts over the city scape.

However early on in her career an enemy (who i imagine to be on the same level as The Joker) kidnapped her and hacked off one of her legs thus crippling her from heroics. 5 years past and she became resentful of heroics and even helped teen heroes become more responsible and smart, however when her entire group was murdered by the same man who took her leg, she vowed vengeance. She created a cane which could act as another limb/grabbling hook/blade and hacksaw? Combined with her superhuman abilities she performed just as she did as Pond Skater but now with a new name -Diana Blood- and a lust for vengeance.

I basically wanted to design a disabled hero who could still be on par with someone like batman.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By feebadger

@bennyq: If Captain Crutches doesn't get his own Marvel Now title I'm never buying another comic book again!!!! :)

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ARMIV2

@Blizaga101 said:

No Caption Provided

So i present Mathilda Stone, She was once known as Pond skater, she was a hero with superhuman agility andy was capable of performing acrobatic stunts over the city scape.

However early on in her career an enemy (who i imagine to be on the same level as The Joker) kidnapped her and hacked doff one of her leg thus crippling her from heroics. 5 years past and she became resentful of heroics and even helped teen heroes become more responsible and smart, however when her entire group was murdered by the same man who took her, she vowed vengeance. She created a cane which could act as another limb/grabbling hook/blade and hacksaw? Combined with her superhuman abilities she performed just as she did as Pond Skater but now with a new name -Diana Blood- and a lust for vengeance.

I basically wanted to design a disabled hero who could still be on par with someone like batman.

This...this is a really, really, really cool character.

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Blizaga101

@ARMIV2: why thank you :P

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers