Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LordRequiem

Character Creation Contest #53

The Concept:

You must create a character based on the theme of DICHOTOMY or two opposites. For example, fire and water, and I shall leave the rest to your sterling efforts. They can be as righteous and good or as devious and evil as you please, their allignment matters not. As you may know I love a well worked back story/concept so let your minds run wild. I bid you a happy artist show-off. Salutations.

Deadline:

• Friday, May 11th, 2012
  • 5:00pm GMT. (Or 1700 for you 24 hour inclined folk)

I hope I've done this correctly.

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Blizaga101

Really interesting idea, so it a kinda character that embodies a ying yang aspect of polar opposites. So a character like Oya would she be an example of this? :P

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LordRequiem

@Blizaga101: Actually yes, I completely forgot about her. Many thanks for succeeding where I did not, by presenting a better example, instead of just my ramblings to go by.

Mad_Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Mad_Wolverine

Very nice idea. I'm thinking along the lines of Two-face, would that be acceptable?

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blizaga101

I'm trying to base mine round silence and noise, kinda difficult, but I'll get there :P

PoachedPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PoachedPig

Awesome! I hope I can finish my entry on time :P

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordRequiem

@PoachedPig: I would happily extend it, if there is such a demand to do so.

@Mad_Wolverine: But of course. For mine I'm loosely drawing inspiration from the Inbetweener's and Jack of Heart's appearances.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Decept-O

@LordRequiem: A very unique idea and well thought out. Congrats and am looking forward to what the entries will display.

Pacifist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pacifist

I think I've done this right. 
I went with Health and Disease. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordRequiem

@Pacifist: I assume that's the same character in both forms? Great idea.

Pacifist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pacifist

@LordRequiem: That was the idea.

Thanks. :)

amy124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By amy124

is law n order a good idea

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordRequiem

@amy124: Why it surely is. Any opposites or dichotomous facets.

ProfionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ProfionX

Well... i'm a bad drawer but some time ago, i was thinking about a very sinister heroine... I called Blind Scale (but she wasn´t blind).... About the abilities: Hear this: She was "cursed" by two goddess: Temis (goddess of justice) and Nemesis (goddess of Vengeance) for a sick beat. So, for one hand, she is capable to manifest any kind of power to make the justice prevail (for example, if someone hire an assassin to kill someone, she could gain invulnerability and super speed to stop the bullet) but, if someone claims retribution for any kind of damage or she couldn't make prevail justice, grows in her the imperative compulsion to payback (in the same example, if can't stop the bullet and this person dies, she must find the assassin and kill it by any necessary mean and that includes, gain powers if need to). Bad, right? but the real bad joke was that she can't always decide when to apply either... That's why i called Blind Scale... What d u think?

No Caption Provided

Representing justice, carries an indestructible sword and in vengeance's side, she posses two enchanted bracelets which can made spells (in addition to the abilities i describe before... I hope u can enjoy it!!!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

This seems like such a fun idea. I hope I have some time to make an entry before the deadline. :)

coolsam125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By coolsam125

Im gonna do Life and DEATH YAY!!!

PoachedPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PoachedPig
No Caption Provided
Name:
  • Pi 'Intal Raal
Ability:
  • The Mystic Blacksmith (became Pi's tattoo after Bathala Maria gave it to him), a powerful force that can perform destruction and creation. It can destroy any material or element that Pi holds, absorbs and then creates a random weapon out of that material. (i.e. Metal >> Metal Sword or Wood >> Wooden Bow and Arrow)
Story:
  • Pi 'Intal is a Pintado warrior in an island east of the Pacific. For generations, the Pintado Warriors were appointed to guard Mount Makiling, home of a powerful Bathala (a god). But during the Mystic War, they were ambushed by their enemy, the Shamans, to retrieve a mysterious magic from the Bathala. The Pintado Warriors were defeated. When Pi searched the forest, he found a beautiful maiden weak and dying. It was revealed that she was the Bathala living in the mountain, Bathala Maria of Makiling. The Bathala gave the young warrior the magic that the Shamans were seeking and told him to guard it with his life then she vanished. Thereafter, Pi received the power of The Mystic Blacksmith and the great responsibility that he never imagined.

I apologize, I am not really good at telling stories.

I have a bunch of ideas for this character but then after a while, I got bored and realized I don't like it. Oh well, its too late to change it now... >_<

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LordRequiem

@PoachedPig: Neat idea. I was beginning to think there'd be very few entries. Mine is still in progress.

PoachedPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PoachedPig

@LordRequiem: Thanks... probably the rest of the entries will be submitted before the deadline.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordRequiem

@ProfionX: That's a very unique concept in that it's a permutation of the origianl idea. Well done.

ProfionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ProfionX

@LordRequiem said:

@ProfionX: That's a very unique concept in that it's a permutation of the origianl idea. Well done.

Thx... i hope others enjoy it too...

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordRequiem

The Empyreal

It can be said that equilibrium is governed by those more evolved entities than we mere mortals. As 'tis written in scripture where thine doth truth lie, that one sought symmetry amidst the chaos of a universe is balance. One such notion was to balance that which becomes light and dark. Whatever iteration of light and dark that exists was to be held in check for all time. These so-called gods, which longed for order, conjured many opposite forms and, similarly to the mythological Chinese deity Pangu (holding Yin and Yang together), cosmically squeezed their respective, contrasting heralds together, producing singular forms occupied by two minds. Spectral opposites, these minds could balance what was required. The Cabal member responsible for the parity of light and dark was christened The Empyreal. He can, and will, maintain what he was charged to through nigh omnipotent means.

No Caption Provided
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By tonis

@LordRequiem: very cool name and description and great visual to match.

I've been trying to come up with something but it's been slow to develop, this provides great inspiration :)

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LordRequiem

@tonis: Many thanks. I look forward to your submission.

ProfionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ProfionX

Nice... an almost omnipresence being...

Xmen_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Xmen_forever

I chose the opposites of right and left:

"On the one hand he can beat you. On the other hand he can also beat you."

Ambidextrous
Ambidextrous
Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Chaos Burn

@Xmen_forever: hilarious!

Xmen_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xmen_forever

@Chaos Burn: Thanks, that was what I was going for.

ProfionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ProfionX

i still laughing...

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By raamesirote

My entry:

No Caption Provided

He has the mutant ability to control earth and wind (witch are elemental opposites). This powers give him enhanced strength, durability, and flight.

He uses his powers to fight crime. He also protects the world from natural disasters such as hurricane , tornadoes, earthquakes and volcano eruptions.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LordRequiem

@Xmen_forever: Funny stuff, nice work.

@Rockfall: I love how you've displayed the wind concept. Great stuff.

I must say I'm enjoying the opposites people are coming up with here.

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Blizaga101

Heres my entry

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Soundbite/ Hanin Budra is an Arabic mutant who is capable of manipulating sound and certain frequencies for her own use. At a young age she was drafted into a black ops programme for the military and worked on covert mission and assassinations. What made her so adept at this mission was her ability to completely mask her presence as if she was never there. She can generate a frequency that can manipulate the minds of those who "hear" his frequency. It douses her presence, masks her sound. She becomes 100% stealthy. Although she is best known for her infiltration abilities she also has a destructive ability. Any noise or sound she hears she can amplify it into explosive force and manipulate the force of these sound waves.

Hanin’s abilities are blocked into both half of her brain and are unable to perform both at the same time. She uses her stealth ability (purple) from her right side and destructive (orange) from her left.

My character is based around the opposites of Noise and Silence.

ProfionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ProfionX

Good characters!!!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I decided once again to tap my webcomic background and make something with a humorous tone. I have created: WARHIPPIE. Or at least that's what I started with. And eventually he became Waterfall Fury: Agent of G.R.A.S.S. I actually had the Anagram worked out but I forgot what the last two letters stood for so probably better to leave it to the imagination. He's a hippy/soldier and is constantly at war with his own nature and training. Or he gets baked and then is constantly at war with the munchies.

No Caption Provided
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mikethekiller

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

I decided once again to tap my webcomic background and make something with a humorous tone. I have created: WARHIPPIE. Or at least that's what I started with. And eventually he became Waterfall Fury: Agent of G.R.A.S.S. I actually had the Anagram worked out but I forgot what the last two letters stood for so probably better to leave it to the imagination. He's a hippy/soldier and is constantly at war with his own nature and training. Or he gets baked and then is constantly at war with the munchies.

No Caption Provided

LOL Awesome

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@mikethekiller: thanks :)

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LordRequiem

@ZZoMBiE13: Ha, that is rather humourous.

@Blizaga101: Liking the interpretation very much.

ProfionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ProfionX

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

No Caption Provided

i'm sure would be a masterpiece

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LordRequiem

This competition is now closed.

Congratulations for all your works. It has been a pleasure. Don't forget to vote.

ProfionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ProfionX

I vote mine(ProfionX), but also for ZZoMBiE13