Big Stickers

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Om1kron

I'm not the kind of person that does commissions and quite frankly I never got into drawing as a career because I hate drawing things people want you to draw. Obviously you would make no money that way...  

So for giggles and practice I saw a request on a car forum for someone to help design some graphics for a rally car. I didn't think they were serious so I just drew up a sketch while at work and submitted it.  

They loved the concept sketch because it's exactly what they wanted. Go figure, so they sent me their request, a spartan for the hood/bonnet of the car with a shield saying "give them nothing, and take from them everything" or something to that effect. And another one of these guys on the left.  

So I did just that and drew up this feller here.  

I wasn't too happy with how this came out after i submitted it, this being the second ever thing I have digitally colored in my life. I was not too fond of it especially if they were going to make it about 3 feet tall and 5 feet wide in real life.  

So I re did it and tried to put more effort into the coloring.  

I liked this a bit better although the right arm looks stiff and such, I felt it was a bit more quality than the last.  

I finally colored it as well, same day.  

I was really happy with how the colors came out. It seems I'm getting the hang of this coloring thing, granted i'm doing it with a mouse and not a drawing pad. There are certain tricks like making your own custom brushes or just modifying them so they look like they're not done with ms paint circular brushes. kicking down the opacity and transparency also helps because you can color light to dark, and you can blend the colors this way. Or go back and add high lights over dark areas you wouldn't be able to high light if you colored it traditionally.  

Here is the hood art which you've seen before.   

<-------pencils / stenciling stage 

Then we have the inking stage -----------> 

And then the final stage of color.  and a few pictures of the final product.  Some nice lady putting on the printed stickers, and the car they went on. I did this for free since it was a sponsorship deal in exchange for lifetime free stickers anytime I want. Which is neat.  So surreal to see your work on a car, that will be in magazines and television programs.  

if you look you can see the image for the hood on the carbon fiber, they didn't get any straight on shots of it for me to save. =( but they loved the picture so much they put them on 2 cars. This Lancer Evolution, and a Subaru Sti that does the pikes peak hillclimb.  

hope you guys enjoyed that. 
Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Agent Buttons

that's awesome. wish I could do that.