Battle Contest #14 Voting

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

These should have gone to Voting.  So I am picking it up and starting this as the Moderator Shatterstar suggested.   

Please cast your vote.  

Voting ends 10:00PM PST on Nov. 20th, 2010. 

Username above the entries.  

tonis:

Payno: 

deadpool1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By deadpool1109

tonis!

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian
Payno.
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By jamesewelch

Payno

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Caligula

Payno. 

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

payno 

rocketpig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By rocketpig

Tonis. Great idea.

goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By goosehorn

payno

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LT1085

Payno gets my vote. I'm confused as to why nobody in Tonis' image(s) are battling in any discernible way.

@Decept-O:  
Participants must select ONE image for the voting thread.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Decept-O
@LT1085:
With the Battle Contest as there are multiple characters, I thought it necessary to place all the images submitted.  This was a Battle involving multiple characters.  Also, there were only two entrants.   

Just to add,  I did ask in a Poll, which was placed in General Discussion, whether there should be a limit to two characters, or if there should be multiple characters depicted.   

Didn't think this would be a problem.  Maybe you should contact the Moderators and ask if I should remove these?
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caligula
@LT1085 said:
" Payno gets my vote. I'm confused as to why nobody in Tonis' image(s) are battling in any discernible way.

@Decept-O:  
Participants must select ONE image for the voting thread. "
i agree Tonis' picture is not a battle picture, not even close. at least in the Tick vs Thing Battle Ship picture you could tell they are competing. but Tonis threw a sissy fit when, originally the contest was gonna default to Payno for actually trying. so here we are with a pointless voting thread.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LT1085
@Decept-O: I'm just letting you know. Don't get defensive. Don't read between the lines. I saw your poll, but this isn't even up for interpretation...What is going on in Tonis' entries are the antithesis of a battle(I saw your thread). Don't jump to conclusions and assume that I don't like Tonis' work or think they should be disqualified or anything.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Decept-O
@LT1085:   
 I am trying to find out from everyone what the Battles should entail.  Other users have stated it IS open for interpretation, including DavidR.   I am not  the only one thinking it.  I am not saying I think you don't like his entry.  I am trying to be fair for Tonis' behalf.   Please read the other posts, some think Tonis' submission is valid.  Some do not.  This is why I did the Polls and also, again, Shatterstar suggested a Voting thread for this.   

@Caligula:
This isn't a pointless Voting thread.  I am not favoring Tonis.  He didn't throw a "sissy fit".  He stated his opinion.  Even if we think what he submitted wasn't necessarily a battle, per se, it was a submission that fell within the parameters.   

Please read the Moderator Shatterstar's comments about it.    I think we should at least put this to a Vote.  It is only fair.   

I am doing this because Shatterstar, a Moderator, suggested it. 
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By turoksonofstone

Payno. Pencilpaperinkforeverstomp.

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Dark Walker

payno

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Caligula
@Decept-O said:
" @LT1085:   
 I am trying to find out from everyone what the Battles should entail.  Other users have stated it IS open for interpretation, including DavidR.   I am not  the only one thinking it.  I am not saying I think you don't like his entry.  I am trying to be fair for Tonis' behalf.   Please read the other posts, some think Tonis' submission is valid.  Some do not.  This is why I did the Polls and also, again, Shatterstar suggested a Voting thread for this.   

@Caligula:
This isn't a pointless Voting thread.  I am not favoring Tonis.  He didn't throw a "sissy fit".  He stated his opinion.  Even if we think what he submitted wasn't necessarily a battle, per se, it was a submission that fell within the parameters.   

Please read the Moderator Shatterstar's comments about it.    I think we should at least put this to a Vote.  It is only fair.       I am doing this because Shatterstar, a Moderator, suggested it.  "
hey Shatterstar is a friend of mine, and my personal favorite moderator. And i respect his opinion, but much like him i have my own an opinion and have a right to speak it. and my opinion is that Tonis' entry doesn't even suggest a battle.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LT1085
@turoksonofstone said:
" Payno. Pencilpaperinkforeverstomp. "
You do realize that his work is digital right?
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By turoksonofstone
@LT1085: 
Yep.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Decept-O
@Caligula:
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion and to speak it!  No one is saying otherwise.  That is why this was started.  Voting is a way to state your opinion.  Just bear in mind, fellas, others have stated their opinion too.  
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LT1085
@turoksonofstone: What is this for then? 

"Pencilpaperinkforeverstomp."

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By turoksonofstone
@LT1085 said:

" @turoksonofstone: What is this for then? 

"
 Payno 
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LT1085
@turoksonofstone said:

" @LT1085 said:

" @turoksonofstone: What is this for then? 

"
 Payno  "
Yes, I saw that you voted for payno. That is not what I asked. What do you mean by "pencilpaperinkforeverstomp"? 
You also need to delete your last post because it may be counted as a (double)vote. 
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By turoksonofstone
@LT1085:
I fear if the ancient wisdom of the nonsensical "pencilpaperinkforeverstomp"is lost upon you, you shall find no true answers here.

The finished look of the "Battle" pieces at top left me cold. While the work of Payno was warm and fluid. Nuff' said.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LT1085
@turoksonofstone: It makes no sense though since it was done digitally, not with pencil, paper ^ ink.
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By turoksonofstone
@LT1085 said:
" @turoksonofstone: It makes no sense though since it was done digitally, not with pencil, paper ^ ink. "
On the contrary, it is for that reason it makes perfect sense.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LT1085
@turoksonofstone:  
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Alright Battle Contest #14 has been an all around mess.

Currently voting is somewhere around 10-2 for Payno, there's no point in dragging the thread out for 3 days to figure out Payno wins. 

Lets move on to Battle Contest #15, I'm calling it Payno wins.

Lets try to hold off on the giant team vs enormous team contests for a while until this contest can get back on track. If interest continues at the current rate, maybe this contest should be scaled back to once a month or something.

To answer a question posed earlier in the thread,  entrants should select one image to enter into voting while they're more than free to post as many versions in the initial thread as they want. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By sora_thekey

Panyo

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DavidR
@sora_thekey said:

" Panyo "

Daaaamn Sora it's Payno not Panyo, I'm already confused enough as it is!!!  : P 

I think I should be the one to win this....Seee I told u I was confused, I didn't  even enter this one...  

@LT1085

said:

" @turoksonofstone:   "

I think I would agree, could it be emptytomb again? : )
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By turoksonofstone
@LT1085 said:
What we have here is a failure to communicate. I Acquiesce.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Decept-O
@Shatterstar:
Thank You for that clarification.  

To anyone reading:  I started this Voting thread only for purposes of fairness, and again, Shatterstar did suggest someone do it, so I took up the ball.  If anyone thinks I was wrong for doing it, well I don't know what to say.  Despite the largely one-sided result of this one, I took the heat for trying to be fair for both Tonis and Payno, and my only intent was just that:  fairness.    

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By sora_thekey
@DavidR said:
" @sora_thekey said:

" Panyo "

Daaaamn Sora it's Payno not Panyo, I'm already confused enough as it is!!!  : P 

I think I should be the one to win this....Seee I told u I was confused, I didn't  even enter this one..."
lol! My bad! 
I didn't even read anything... I just posted the vote! My apologies!
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DavidR
@Decept-O said:

" @Shatterstar: Thank You for that clarification.    To anyone reading:  I started this Voting thread only for purposes of fairness, and again, Shatterstar did suggest someone do it, so I took up the ball.  If anyone thinks I was wrong for doing it, well I don't know what to say.  Despite the largely one-sided result of this one, I took the heat for trying to be fair for both Tonis and Payno, and my only intent was just that:  fairness.      "

I took the fact that both parties placed more than one entry up, I felt that they could be judged overall not as just one. I spoke to Tonis, he is having internet problems at  this time and is limited in communication but his last piece that he didn't finish posting was, I believe his way of practicing a sequential piece depicting a final confrontation.

Each piece from what I understood was just a part of what was to be an overall depiction. I am glad Decepto, that you took the initiative to get the ball rolling since someone needed to start the Voting. Other than that I really feel that it was up to the guys to decide which way to go on this. 

What was funny to me where the outer skirmishes. This turned out to be a real battle royal between the Viners and laughable Skirmishes between Lt and turoksonofstone.

Maybe he makes sense to himself and a few others but I have to go with Lt on this one. If it doesn't make sense to some, what the purpose of making a statement contradictory to the issue, it's easily explained, unless beating around the bush and infusing the situation with confusion for the sake of personal amusing... Damn I think I just confused myself... Hehehe!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Decept-O
@DavidR:
I just posted all the images that were submitted.  I admit I wasn't 100% certain about that.   I know the other Contests you only submit one but because as I explained earlier, I thought, with all the characters involved, it would be fair to submit them all.  I couldn't decide just which one to post by each guy.  

Just trying to do what I thought was going to work.   

Yeah, I saw Tonis' post awhile ago.  Hope he can get back online.   

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DavidR
@Decept-O: Yeah u did the right thing and kept the flow going...

@turoksonofstone

said:

" @LT1085 said:

What we have here is a failure to communicate. I Acquiesce. "

I'm glad you agree, you word highroller thingamajigi u!!! Concur u do!!!

which I may add, I understand that your phrase means digital rules and old fashioned paper and ink should be phased out...

But, but, I like my pencil paper ink and I don't think it should be stomped! Sniff!
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Caligula
@DavidR: same here Pen and Paper FTW!!!
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DavidR
@Caligula said:

I Acquiesce ... hehehe...
Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Om1kron

wtf is going on in here.   

anyway payno.   

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DavidR
@Om1kron said:
" wtf is going on in here.    anyway payno.    "

Hahaha... Payno already won. Shatterstar decreed it. We had a real Viner showdown, everybody came with guns blazing. It was pretty entertaining.  : P
Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Om1kron
@DavidR said:
" @Om1kron said:
" wtf is going on in here.    anyway payno.    "
   Hahaha... Payno already won. Shatterstar decreed it. We had a real Viner showdown, everybody came with guns blazing. It was pretty entertaining.  : P "
sorry, thread full of rubbish, dropped a vote and ran as fast as possible mod should've locked this thread too.