Amalgam Contest #110

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Alrighty, for this amalgam I've picked Iron Man and Captain America (in keeping with the upcoming Civil War, lets stick with Tony and Steve). Contest Ends Dec 15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@shatterstar or @wildvine or @bumpyboo if one of you could kindly pin, thanks.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So, uh... Iron Patriot, then?

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EGoD  Moderator

I didn't really think about that short lived character and after going through the amalgam wins, trying to not pick something that was already done before, I just went with them. It's been up here for 6 days now so I'm not changing it mid contest.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
WIP Captain America/Bucky movie concept art blueprint
WIP Captain America/Bucky movie concept art blueprint

When the Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes, takes over for Steve Rogers as Captain America Tony Stark updates his uniform with Iron Man tech armor and an energy shield gauntlet on each glove. His robot arm is completely Iron Man tech.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvels OMAC Captain America WIP

Its Captain America + Iron Man because its Cap in the future created and powered by Stark Tech
Its Captain America + Iron Man because its Cap in the future created and powered by Stark Tech

A work in progress. Already drew Captain America 2.0 and the evil Cap. Clone "Crossbones", Holo-Tony, Dr. Alveera Bahris, Brett Hendrick, and the actual Stark Satellite.

(This is all based on a rumor or a truth I heard that Jack Kirby originally intended for Captain America to get frozen again and wake up in the future. He knew he couldn't use this idea because they wouldn't let him do that to Cap. So he took his ideas and made it into OMAC at DC. Same thing he did with his New Gods which were originally intended for Thor. But I think these ideas could still work in the Marvel 2099 comics or something.)

In the future former soldier turned super soldier Steve Rogers wakes up from cryogenic stasis. How did he get there? Who put him there? Originally thinking it was Hydra Steve comes to discover that it was Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man and his old friend. And that he is in one of Stark Industries many facilities around the world.

In holographic recordings Tony reveals to Steve that sometime during 2015 Stark came up with a failsafe for protecting the future. He foresaw that the escalating violence and super powered criminals wouldn’t stop in their lifetimes. So he started injecting Steve, the man he saw as the greatest hero among them, with nannite technology to prepare his body for stasis.

Steve shuts off the hologram. Like Fry in Futurama Steve thinks about how everyone he knew, his past, is gone, and tries to get adjusted once again to a future he was not born in. While traveling around New York Steve sees how Earth has now become fully immersed in the Mutant and Alien populations that were just starting back in his second life, his first being in the 30s/40s during WWII and this being his third. Earth has aliens living and visiting all over and Earthlings visit other worlds as well. He also notices Stark Iron Centurions protecting the streets. Stark Industries has become much more powerful in the future. And his technology powers the world and protects it.

Then suddenly there is an explosion. Super criminals run out of a building they bombed and while Steve is about to go after them he hears cries inside the building and decides that is more vital. The place is burning and collapsing and there are people still inside. Steve discovers he is much stronger than he used to be, even as a super soldier. While trying to save everyone the ceiling and walls start to fall in and pin everyone. Steve says to himself he wishes he his shield and then hears Tony’s voice in his head say, “Downloading Upgrade” and sees the words as if they were typed on a computer. Steve feels a surge of energy and then an energy shield forms. Steve then tries to see what else will happen and says, “I need a bigger shield, big enough to cover 8 people.” Again he hears Tony’s voice, “Downloading Upgrade” and sees those words. Another surge of power and the shield becomes a protective energy dome covering everyone in the building just as it all falls down around them. When the chaos is over we hear “Downloading Upgrade” and suddenly out of the rubble Repulsar energy blasts out. Steve is blasting energy from his hand to clear a path for the survivors. The Iron Centurions show up, along with some human and alien cops. They caught the criminals. One Centurion says, in Stark’s voice again, “You are asked to return with me to Stark Tower.” Looking at his hand Steve says, “Yeah, Okay. I have some questions I need answered.”

Watching more of the Tony Stark Hologram Steve finds out that sometime in the past, Tony created a satellite and network to shield and protect all of Earth. He created a suit of armor around the world. The satellite and network also tapped into various cameras, phones, and devices in order to monitor all activities and reported the criminals actions. Something Steve instantly disagreed with, and something Holo-Tony knew he would disagree with. Another reason why he thought Steve would be perfect for the job. Checks and balances. Holo-Tony revels that the nanites in his system were not only designed to allow him to survive stasis but also allow the satellite, called Iron Man, to upgrade Steve’s body wherever he is. Depending on the situation his body can be made stronger, faster, more invulnerable, able to shoot or store energy, and even fly. Steve says, “So Tony turned my body into an Iron Man armor.” “Yes, in a way.” says the Holo-Tony, who Steve finds out is not just a recording but an IA programmed to look, act, and sound like Tony. “Your body is now more able to adapt or change as needed. but it is still your body, your skin.” Steve is conflicted, he is mad at Tony for violating his trust, his body, and his life by not even asking to freeze him. For now Steve decides to just leave and walks through the Holo-Tony.

In a lower area of the Tower, in an open courtyard set up for lunch and sitting, Steve exercises. Jumping, running, climbing and bouncing, doing parkour all over the area. He is then approached by one of the lab workers who unfroze him, a young woman named Alveera. “You know, we have a training room for that.” She sees Steve is deeply troubled and asks to sit with him. “I can’t imagine what it must be like to wake up to a different time like this.” She says. “Its not that, this is the second time I have been frozen and woke up to a different world.” “Sorry,” she says, “Then what is it that upsets you?” Steve tells her that it’s the fact that someone he thought was a friend went behind his back injected robots into his body and froze him. And that he altered his body, all to accomplish his secret plans for the future.” “But you know he had good intentions correct? Even though he went about it in the wrong way.” Steve knows, plus his friend who he wants to be mad at is now dead. So he is also mad about that. Alveera then reveals that the nannites were only originally injected for the freezing. It wasn’t until years later that Tony discovered they could be used to alter or manipulate the human body they were injected into. As much as it hurts, saddens, and angers him, she tells Steve, he is here now in this situation and cannot reverse time. She tells him how times have changed and become more violent and aggressive. With the advances in technology came the misuses of these advancements. No matter what good men try to do there will always be bad men taking advantage.

Steve decides that, while still mad at Tony and Stark Industries, he will help with Tony’s ultimate plan. Back with the Holo-Tony. “Okay Tony, what is your plan?” Steve says. “Simple,” replies Holo-Tony, “I need you to be Captain America.”

Holo-Tony is linked to the satellite and therefore every computer system in the world. He can follow Steve anywhere, even into battle. Whenever Steve needs an upgrade he simply just needs to ask for it. “I will be able to tell you if its possible, or at the very least suggest a more possible upgrade.” Holo-Tony also reveals that Steve can use Pym Particles to shrink or grow too. “Steve, you are a One Man Avengers Corps.”

Alveera shows Steve to his new apartment, located in downtown New York just like before. “Stark had this set up for years before you were unfrozen. He knew you wouldn’t want to live in the lab” She tells him. “Tomorrow we go over all the time you missed while frozen.” “Thank you Dr. Bahris for helping me through this.”

Steve will come to realize after issue 12 that he may not actually be Steve Rogers, but is actually a clone with all of Steve’s memories. This raises more questions for him. Did the original Steve die? Did he live out his life? Did he agree to all this?

Steve 2.0 also finds out that another clone of Steve Rogers, one unfrozen before him, actually went mad being told all the truth too soon. That he was in the future, filled with nanites, a clone, and everything. This Steve turns into an enemy.

Another possible future enemy is Stark Industries and the Satellite itself.

Steve, or Steve’s clone, remember fighting Stark once before over violating civil liberties. It may come down to that again. Only now Stark Industries practically controls most of the world.

Even though he isn’t really Tony, Steve becomes close with the AI Holo-Tony.

(His look: Steve’s New Captain America costume should look slightly more like armor but not completely like armor. Also he now has a helmet that has a Roman Sentry design to it.)

(Where are the other heroes? The Avengers? The X-Men? The Fantastic Four?)

Starring:

Steve Rogers (2.0)/Captain America

Holo-Tony AKA the Satellite

Dr. Alveera Bahris

Stark Industries (merged with SHIELD)

Dr. Arlo Cage, descendant of Luke Cage and present CEO of Stark Ind.

Iron Centurions, Tony Stark’s Iron Man like robot cops.

Stark Agents Barker, Dia, Huq'doss, Parker, and others.

Crossbones the Evil Steve Rogers clone: Changing his name from Steve Rogers to Roger Grant was the beginning of this clone’s shunning his forced life. He also shaved his head and rid his body of the nanites, scarring himself in the process. He took up mantel of an enemy of the original Steve Rogers, the late Brock Rumlow’s Crossbones. Grant’s mind is fractured. He is erratic, and has a sort of death wish. At one point he carves an A into his forehead. Steve 2.0 is sad for Roger Grant. They are like brothers. But upon waking up Grant was drowned with so much information and responsibility and reality shattering news that he broke. But at the same time Grant is committing crimes and hurting innocent people, something Steve 2.0 cannot let happen.

possibly Old Man Steve Rogers. Steve 2.0 meets an older gentleman named Brett Hendrick. He barely talks to Steve, after Steve has defeated Crossbones and captured him. “The names Brett Hendrick, I’m a security supervisor at the mall.” “Great job you have done, and have been doing, young man.” “Can’t say I can say the same for Stark Ind. Spying on people and whatnot… but I digress.” After Steve tells Brett that he isn’t the real Captain America, Brett responds by saying, “From what I heard, Captain America was only meant to be the first in an army of Super Soldiers. And I am sure the “real” Captain America would be proud of you.” Steve thanks the old man and shakes his hand. Later Steve asks Holo-Tony to run a search on Brett Hendrick and is told that the name was an alias that Steve Rogers used during the fabled Civil War. One of the pictures shown to Steve is an older Steve Rogers AKA Brett and he looks very much like the old man Steve 2.0 met.

Hydra (maybe is now an Anti-Stark/Big Brother rebel group.)

The Future Foundation- A school for brilliant super geniuses founded by the Fantastic Four. One of their campuses is on a satellite orbiting Earth. Something that may come into play if Steve needs to take down the Stark Satellites.

S.W.O.R.D. former branch of S.H.I.E.L.D. until it was merged with Stark Ind.

Red Skull? I feel like some familiar names should be used but not the actual characters or not in the exact same way. Maybe this Red Skull is an alien with skull like features, like the Korbinite, and red skin. He/she is a war lord.

Should Captain America/OMAC face off against Hulk’s Maestro? Maybe Victor Von Doom who has continuously copied his brain onto body after body.

Ragnorak could have happened, and the Norse Gods died and were reborn as new gods. Or Thor could be exactly the same as before since he is immortal.

The Avengers could be either a group of Government superheroes funded by Stark Ind. Or they could not exist during this time as anything more than a legend, and then this Steve Rogers ends up banding a team of heroes to once again face threats no single hero can stop alone.

The series follows Steve Rogers as he becomes accustomed to his surroundings and his new body.

Then the series becomes about Steve finding out he isn’t who he thought he was, and who he is now (vs. evil Steve Rogers AKA Rumlow/Crossbones clone and a cameo by Old Man Steve).

Next the series finally tackles the Stark Ind. AKA Stark Global, their involvement in global control and Steve 2.0’s role in it all.

Arlo Cage, CEO of Stark Global, is wrapped up in it. And an old Sentinel Program is reestablished, turning random humans into Iron Centurions by using another old program, Tony Stark’s (brain fart). Somehow, without anyone’s knowledge, someone at Stark Global snuck (brain fart) nano-bots into the public. Turning almost anyone on Earth into sleeper Iron Centurion Sentinels. Was this a fail safe protocol by Stark Global against possible threats? Another Stark shield? This story should sort of have an element of political…ness to it. When Captain America/Steve gets wrapped up in this story which also includes Hydra, S.W.O.R.D. Because Holo-Tony is just an AI program he is controlled and used against Steve, as well as the Satellite. This also effects his access to his powers. So its Steve 2.0 without his enhanced powers versus a global industry with an army of anyone on Earth turned into Iron Man type robots, as well as the Global security team that was formerly SHIELD. It all looks like it is Arlo Cage but he/she is just being manipulated by the real villain the Red Skull, an alien Korbinite with red skin (maybe). Or maybe Arlo set it up to look that way. Steve gets aid from the most unlikely of sources, Hydra who is now a rebel group fighting against Stark Global. And he gets help from SWORD.

(?)After that the stories get a little off Planet. Steve 2.0’s missions take him off world a little bit here and there. This is where Steve learns his position in the larger scheme of things and we expand the universe of OMAC Captain America. (?)

My Commission Info:

I picture this story taking place several generations into the future. So if someone like Peter Parker had a daughter, then his daughter got married and had a child, then that child grew up and got married and had children…. it takes places several years after this. So maybe before or after Marvel 2099, but not at the same time… maybe. I’d like this future to be more vague so that no matter what happens in the regular Marvel 616 timeline this future could always be possible for the most part.

Monkey boy is is the creation of Needham Comics. Issues #1 and #2 can be found at indyplanet.com for Monkey Boy #1

$4.99

www.indyplanet.com/front/produ…

Monkey Boy #2

$0.99 Digital Download

$3.00 Print-on-Demand

www.indyplanet.com/front/produ…

I lowered my prices.

Its $25 for a head sketch to the shoulders in pencil on 11x17 paper.

$50 for a full figure in pencil on 11x17 paper.

$75 for a full colored/cleaned up figure drawn on 11x17.

And add an extra full body colored figure, + $50 per extra figure.

My Commission Email:

needhamcommissions@yahoo.com

I can also draw your own personal characters!

Bries84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Iron Soilder: Captain Steve Stark was one of America's top soldiers, a leader, a war hero. During The Vietnam war Captain Stark was critically injured in an explosion. His body damaged beyond repair. Under the directions of the U.S. Army Dr. Ho Yinsen one of the worlds top doctors and a leader in cryogenics froze Captains Stark' body in hopes of being able to keep this perfect soldiers mind alive until there was a way to get him on the front line once again. In the year 2015 Dr. Ho Yinsen along with Dr. Hank Pym Were able to awaken Captain Stark in his new cybernetically enhance body. Now with a hero's mind and a body with super human strength and speed, Captain Steve Stark is now IRON SOLDIER.