HTTP ERROR 403 FORBIDDEN

njastars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I keep getting this error. I login to website to see if I am being rate limited and immediately I have to verify I am human. API shows I am fine and not limited. When this has happened I have been manually scraping files 1 by 1 and moving like a turtle.

njastars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? No help at all?

musictrivianut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The API works fine for me when going through a browser, but I'm now getting a 403 error when using Comic Tagger. Is this something new? It seemed like everything was working fine yesterday; now it won't even connect.

musictrivianut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A reboot helped, for what it's worth. No idea what was going on.

njastars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By njastars

I quit using ComicTagger and started using CVS instead and I have not received the error since. The only thing I can surmise from what I have read in forums is that ComicTagger is accessing the DB in way that is not allowed and causing this error or DB was under attack from some one on my ISP and the server banned all IPs for my ISP. I do not know for sure if the switch to CVS was the cause of the fix.

Are you still using ComicTagger with success? It seems to do a better job of guessing the correct comic on its own versus CVS which will get stuck in a particular volume. For example if you have volume information for The Avengers 1963 but not 2014 and it starts on the 1963 Volume, once it gets to the new volume it fails to recognize it 95% of the time and starts labeling the 2014 volumes with the 1963 metadata. I never had this issue with ComicTagger.

Can any admin confirm if using ComicTagger will result in a temporary server ban?

musictrivianut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njastars: I am running Ubuntu 14.04 and, as far as I have been able to tell, CVS is a ComicRack tool only and there is no version of ComicRack available for Ubuntu. Yes, I have tried installing and running CR under Wine with no success at all. I'm just glad that their app runs well on my tablet.

As noted above, a reboot fixed my issue with comictagger. I knew that something was up when Archive Manager gave me errors when I was deleting or adding images to cbz files. No problems at all since then, although, yes, I do know that the admins do have their issues with comictagger and how it reads/accesses/uses the API. As I have noted elsewhere, that is not my fault. I'm just using a tool that is available. Until I can find a better one for my system, one that works, I don't know what else I can do.