Data visualization of friends/enemies

cbandes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wanted to share an app I've made using the API - www.webofheroes.com - it's a social-network/six degrees of separation app based on the CV data.

Avatar image for adrianrodriguez
adrianrodriguez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By adrianrodriguez

@cbandes: Was testing it out, but every time I tried searching for something, nothing happened, but when I looked at the console I noticed there was a 400 error:

WebSocket connection to 'ws://www.webofheroes.com/socket.io-client/?EIO=3&transport=websocket&sid=D3pni5HeRH-fu6BoAARc' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 400

cbandes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up @adrianrodriguez - I have seen that 400 error, but it doesn't seem to actually mean anything. I need better error-handling/form validation. What probably happened to you is that you either typed in the whole character name, or only put one name in - it requires two names, and they have to come from the auto-complete. (Yeah, that's not great UX, I'm working on it! :) )

adrianrodriguez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbandes: Odd, I put in Superman, and Batman, but I do know how finikcy the search is considering i;m still working on my app right now.

adrianrodriguez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adrianrodriguez

@adrianrodriguez: After playing with it some more I got it to work right How are you getting your search results? I feel like I'm not hitting the api in my app the same way you are, your superman and my superman have different thumbnail images. Also noticed you and I are both using Angular :)

cbandes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi Adrian, I'm caching my data locally (got permission from the CV folks) and doing some processing to it in nodejs to make it work smoothly, and to process all the relationships. Originally it comes from character_friends and character_enemies, but I had to finesse it a bit to get it all working nicely. My thumbnails come straight from CV, so I'm surprised we're seeing different images.