API Forums Dead? Search query too broad.

Avatar image for adrianrodriguez
adrianrodriguez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adrianrodriguez

I've noticed a ton of issues with the API and it's basically holding my project back. I switched from using the Marvel API to ComicVine because of how enticing it was to be able to search through so many comics and their publishers but the more I use it the more I shake my head.

• When searching through issues filtering with character_credits doesn't do anything, but then I noticed when I just pull down every issue "character_credits" isn't mentioned on a single one.
  • A bunch of other fields were missing and/or ignored when trying to utilize the search query.
  • When I try to search for an issue with Damian Wayne for example I get everything from John Wayne to Batman.... this is pretty crazy. (Is there a way to be more specific in this search since character_credits doesn't even work?)
  • The documentation is lacking. I had to sift through a bunch of forums just to find out how to even setup a search query and hit the api. /issue doesn't even work, but then again I am confused at what it means.
  • Also the forums seem dead so I probably won't see a reply to this haha.

Anyway if I am using this wrong, I am all ears or eyes haha. I don't want to go back to the Marvel api since I want to build something that has more than just Marvel comics, but the filtering and documentation is much stronger.

codenutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm also having trouble with the search

Is the API still being worked on?