gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Note: there will be spoilers below!

As with past seasons, time has passed since the end of the second season. A new Inhuman has been unleashed due to the fish oil pills infected with the Terrigen Mist at the end of last season. This guy’s powers are out of control. He causes things to melt and is creating havoc across the city as he tries to make his way to a hospital. Soon a group of soldiers arrive with orders to use lethal force if necessary to stop him. Trying to hide, he is saved by the arrival of S.H.I.E.L.D. Skye/Daisy Johnson uses her quake powers to momentarily send the soldiers out of the way.

No Caption Provided

Daisy tries calming the guy who tells her his name is Joey. Mack and Hunter are also with her. They call a transport (rocket elevator) to take him away to the new Bus (their giant plane/mobile headquarters). As the soldiers recover, we see the lead guy talk to a woman in a car. She chastises him about the situation and tells him to contain the scene. “It’s getting harder for this to go unnoticed." This clearly isn’t the first time they’ve gone after an Inhuman or super powered individual. Coulson is in the crowd and gets a shot of her with his camera phone.

No Caption Provided

After Daisy convinces Joey to get some rest, she talks to Coulson about how more incidents are popping up and the new Inhumans are getting taken. They don’t know who is abducting them. The woman isn’t registering on any of his records.

We next see the lady is with her soldiers at a facility. She tells him he needs to make sure it doesn’t happen again. There's a room with a bunch of dead bodies on examining tables. She says the incidents are getting less rare and she doesn’t like that one got away.

Bobbi is in a lab coat and helps Joey get situated in his new room. When Joey asks if he hurt anyone, she says, “Probably,” but there’s no reported fatalities. Hunter tells Coulson that his sources say the lady is not being linked back to HYDRA. Coulson has discovered she does have different aliases but they still can’t track her. She seems to have been associated with several different government agencies under the different aliases.

Daisy and Mack talk to Joey and he asks them to be straight with him. Daisy tells him about being a small part of the population affected by the Terrigen Crystals and that he can't go back to his old life. When he starts freaking out, Mack turns on the news with reports of a manhunt for him. He continues to get agitated and starts unconsciously melting Mack's clipboard so Daisy zaps him with her quake powers.

Coulson checks in with Bobbi. The (alien) monolith hasn’t shown any new readings and no one’s been in the room since Simmons was swallowed by it. (They’re aware how she disappeared last season). They’ve tried pulling all the fish oil off the shelves. The problem is the mist could have affected other sea life. Coulson asks where Fitz is. He’s chasing down another lead. He was at the archives trying to find clues. She calls him and tells him to get in there. He says he has one more thing to check and he’ll be right there. He’s in Morocco.

Fitz meets a powerful man and explains he'll want what's in his briefcase in exchange for information about an ancient monolith. Inside are splinter bombs, what was used to kill Bakshi.They laugh at Fitz and decide to use one on him. It causes a bright light and explosion to go off. Fitz uses this diversion to grab the artifact and scroll and runs out.

Daisy is bummed she messed things up with Joey. She says there is on person better at this than she is, Lincoln. Coulson isn’t too sure but they don’t have much of a choice. She tried convincing Lincoln to help before but he refused.

Bobbi tells Coulson they find a hit in the records on the mystery woman. She works for DARPA. They’ve figured out her schedule and know when she’s alone on the subway. Coulson and Hunter get the drop on her but it turns out she knew he was coming. She figured out who he was. She says they can call her Rosalind. She’s bounced around from agency to agency. She also knows that Coulson is supposed to be dead.

No Caption Provided

Daisy and Mack visit Lincoln at a hospital (he’s a doctor). He’s not happy to see them. Says he doesn’t know anything about the monolith. He says he was wrong what he said before. Before an Inhuman is a curse. He wants to let it go. He just wants a normal life. Mack insists Lincoln isn’t leaving until Daisy is finished talking.

Rosalind says the new individuals area threat and need to be neutralized. It’s her job to make that happen. She explains to Coulson how they’ll be detained. She says they can’t get away with all the bodies they left behind. She thinks Coulson's been killing them and leaving the bodies. It turns out there must be another group hunting them down and killing them.

No Caption Provided

At the hospital, things are getting more tense between Lincoln and Mack. He’s not happy they just let him go after the men he hurt on the helicarrier. The lights start flickering and Daisy tries calming Lincoln down. He says it’s not him. Out in the hall, a deep voice asks where the Inhuman is. When the security guard doesn’t know what he’s talking about, a hand touches his chest and zaps him, leaving a burn mark. The dark figure with long spiky hair turns and snarls, “Nevermind.” Lincoln charges and zaps him. It doesn’t really stop him. Daisy blasts him and it pushes him back. Mack shoots at him several times. He stumbles back and burns a big hole in the wall to run away.

Coulson and Rosalind both get calls about the hospital. She leaves to go into another car which gives Coulson and Hunter a chance to escape.

At the hospital, Lincoln and Daisy find the big brute. They both start blasting him but it’s not stopping him. He’s slowing moving closer to them until Daisy shifts her power to the floor so he falls through. This allows him to escape as the soldiers now have the place surrounded. Daisy tries convincing Lincoln to leave with them but he refuses and takes off.

Hunter and Bobbi finally talk. He's been avoiding her. He has her ring that she asked for. She says it's just to hold onto and not that she thinks they should get married again. He says he’s going to get him (referring to Ward). Bobbi says they agreed until she was 100%.

After the incident at the hospital, the President speaks about the alien threat. The incidents are growing. New dangers are appearing everyday. He’s created a special task force to neutralize the threat Advanced Threat Containment Unit (ATCU) since SHIELD is no longer around.

Fitz returns as Coulson is waiting in the lab. He mentions how they thought Simmons was inside until the full scans revealed there was nothing except solid mass. They even thought she might’ve been reduced to a microscopic level after learning more about Pym Particles. He says it’s a black hole. Inside the artifact is a scroll. There’s a symbol and he says it’s Hebrew. It means “Death.” Coulson says they have to lay her to rest. Her family deserves that. They need Fitz back. He’s on his third hand. He’s lost May since she never came back. They have to say goodbye. Jemma would want that. Fitz agrees but heads to where the monolith is with a shotgun. He shoots off the lock on the container and gets inside with it. He starts yelling for it to do something. He hits and shoves it and yells more and more.

End scene: Desert-like area. Someone is running up a mountain. It’s Simmons! She’s running from something through some strange rock formations. She has a cut on her head and digs in the ground to smear some mud on her face. As she catches her breath, she hears something. She pears around the rock and we see she is clearly on another planet.

No Caption Provided

Thoughts

The show is back with a strong start to the season. I always think it's interesting to have time pass in between the seasons. It adds some mystery since we don't know everything that happened during the break. The same goes for the Marvel movies as well.

Seeing Skye Daisy in action is something many have been craving. We are now getting a regular dose of superpowers on the show. If Lincoln agrees to join them, we'll have him to add to the mix as well. Obviously the team doesn't have to rely on powers since there are so many other capable characters as well but it's just cool to see. Daisy has come a long way since the first season. She's now a strong and commanding character. She's still willing to seek out help (from Lincoln) when she knows she's in over her head.

Coulson's new hand is interesting. I still have to wonder if it has any other abilities. He did mention being on his third one. We saw how he used it to free himself from his constraints on the train by removing it. If he did have any sort of repulsor beams like Tony Stark, it'd be a great 'secret' weapon he could have, literally, up his sleeve.

It was great hearing the mention of Bobbi having a Biology degree.

I'll admit, hearing Skye refer to herself as Daisy all the time did seem a little strange to me. It was great when Coulson brought it up and it turned out he was the only one with the problem. It is understandable why she changed her name. She spent her whole life wondering who she was and where she came from. When she did find out last season, even though it wasn't a perfect story, she did accept the goodness in her father. So it's like she's doing in honor of that good man.

I had a lot of anticipation for the show over the break. The show delivered on a few different levels. We now have powers, Inhumans, a new threat, and there was a good amount of action mixed with more character building. The scene with Fitz at the end was heart-breaking. And what a doozy of ending.

The interesting thing will be how the show continues after this premiere episode. There's a few different angles the show is juggling with the Inhumans, establishing a new direction and team, outside threats from Rosalind and eventually Ward, and of course Simmons and any other surprises that pop up. It seems like we could have a good mix in direction from show to show. That could be good and bad. Having variety is great but it could also make the show feel directionless. All in all, this is a promising start to the new season.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fitz at the end man. That was about as powerful as the ending scene of the first episode of season 2. That actor is great.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great show. Was the best comic book show on air last season despite some people unwilling to admit it. Had the best and most consistent writing(meaning no weak episodes and no filler episodes). Had the best character arcs and development. It had the best twists and surprises.

Hopefully it will continue it's dominance. Hopefully it can be reviewed every week this time as well.(last year some stuff went down and review stopped coming in)

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

it was good.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was awesome

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

I liked this episode a LOT - I felt that everything was strong or at least interesting.

I was so excited when they announced Constance Zimmer for this season and man, she really did not disappoint.

tenten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic start. This show has really hit it's stride and has me eagerly anticipating each episode. Really digging the new costume designs of the characters. Coulson without a suit and tie is pretty awesome.

Avatar image for romthelegionaire
Romthelegionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Good review and episode. It actually made me more interested in the comic version of Lash.

marcohtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The scene with Fitz and the monolith was one of the best acted scenes in the show. Brilliant. i want him and Simmons to meet up so bad. I freaking love Quake now, and I love how good she is getting with her powers. Lash looked ridiculous, which is cool because he looks ridiculous in the comics. He was scary powerful though. His powers remind me alot of Bishop.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

In a way, it was cool to see Lash on TV, even more so with Daisy using her powers. It was a good episode.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good start looking forward to next week. Lash also looked very good especially since that looks all practical (bar his powers of course). Bobbi dealing with being stuck playing scientist instead of super spy, Coulson's new hand and his interaction with Roz, Daisy fully accepting her name and her goal to shepherd new Inhumans, and last but definitely not least Fitz dealing with the loss of Simmons which seems to be another planet (I'm guessing somewhere in the Kree Empire).

All done very well really excited to see more.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked this episode. Very cool.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Incredible start to the 3rd season, loved every minute of it.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemarvel: Agreed, that just felt so powerful and full of emotion!

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Great premiere. The absence of May was odd though, even given her current story.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

So Simmons must have been transported to the planet Kree-Lar since the Monolith and the Terrigen Mists are of Kree origins.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty good start to the season.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Great start to the season, very excited to see where they go from here!

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Great premiere episode. Absolutely love seeing the natural evolution of the characters, especially with Daisy and Fitz. Impressed by the special effects and the money they continue to put into the show. Movie quality stuff.

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Great start. Really happy with the direction and tone so far.

I wonder if that monolith is going to end up being Eldrac.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great premiere. Love how the show is finally embracing the super powered aspects of the MCU without fully becoming a "superhero" show.

And Fitz at the end, man. Our boy is hurting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The acting was mediocre.

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the past, I wasn't a big fan of the show. I wasn't getting what I wanted from a Shield show, that all changed with this episode. Things are looking good. All I need now is a jewish one eyed guy from Hell's Kitchen...btw, you can't run a New York subway car on a Washington DC metro line.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Start, Isn't Lash power set similar to Bishop's? I was waiting for him to absorb Daisy's and Lincoln's energy attacks and hit them hard.

I don't think Simmons is on Kree-Lar, in the comics at least the whole planet is one mega city military complex (sorry Dread).

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who saw the title and thought:

Loading Video...
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was an amazing episode

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

This was a awesome start for the premiere. Can't wait to see what happens next! I wonder if Simmons is on a planet that was featured in Guardians of the Galaxy?

Scribbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everyone complimenting Fitz on the emotional final (pre-credit) scene. That was immensely powerful.

However, I'm not sure Lash is a dynamic enough character to stand on his own...if he is going to be this season's Raina, he has a lot of development to do. I know it's the first episode, but Lash was, IMO, never really that fleshed out in the comics. I hope this show does a better job.

Rosalind seems like a formidible opponent, much more so than Gen Ross's scene-chewing moustacheface.

Overall, I give this episode a solid B+. Good action, great effects, nice banter between Coulson and Rosalind, and a powerful ending.

Scribbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Scribbles

Please forgive me, but this review is poorly written, with lots of spelling errors and sentences that make little sense. I realize you were probably typing away like a maniac as the show went on, but this would be much better with a little proofreading. The way this was written detracted from what was written.

Just some constructive criticism. Feel free to crucify me now.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30 dernman  Online

I originally thought she was on the Blue Side of the Moon where the Inhumans are known to live but I now thing it might be Titan. I think the Inhumans live there now instead of the Eternals.

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazing episode, can i kill myself?

nfareed71024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

fitz thing was so sad. but what if simmons runs into the nova corps or the guardians of the galaxy? Unlikely but would be really cool.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simmons is running from the Death Star

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

i'm actually starting to like this show again :)

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great show. Was the best comic book show on air last season despite some people unwilling to admit it. Had the best and most consistent writing(meaning no weak episodes and no filler episodes). Had the best character arcs and development. It had the best twists and surprises.

Hopefully it will continue it's dominance. Hopefully it can be reviewed every week this time as well.(last year some stuff went down and review stopped coming in)

it really wasn't lol Flash still beat it and its definitely not dominant , but it is upper tier

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What a fantastic start to season 3. I'm amazed at how awesome Lash looked and seeing Daisy in action was awesome. Next week can't come soon enough.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So Simmons must have been transported to the planet Kree-Lar since the Monolith and the Terrigen Mists are of Kree origins.

Coool.

Great Episode, Daisy's boobs were perfect. Fight scene was amazing. Always cool to have another spy agency up to something. I hope they become Sword. I hope the mystery woman is Abigal Brand.

ZLappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Sword the agency that protects earth from threats from space instead?

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dark_Stranger

@g_man Surprised nobody has really mentioned S.W.O.R.D, and how the ATCU mirrors it. If not maybe serve as the basis for what might evolve into S.W.O.R.D., just like S.S.R. was for S.H.I.E.L.D.

Also surprised nobody has mentioned Abigail Brand, nor the fact that her creator or co-creator just so happens to be Jos Whedon himself. lol

triat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By triat

The only thing that suprisingly compensated that horrible depiction of Lash, has to be Fitz. The character has been getting better and better, and that last scene...

But still, who the hell thought Lash would look cool as a buffed up Sonic the Hedgehog?

And why didn't he convert Daisy and Lincoln's energy? He just basically got his ass wiped by the 2 of them... Looks too underpowered compared to the comics.

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triat said:

But still, who the hell thought Lash would look cool as a buffed up Sonic the Hedgehog?

Not sure about Sonic. He looked more like Blanka, from Street Fighter IMO.

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daisy's costume looks like the x-men movie costume. it look like marvel does take form fox

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@romthelegionaire: I quite liked him in inhuman but can't remember what happened to him. Just picked up the third volume of it in trade yesterday so hopefully he'll make an appearance.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Yeah, this was great! It reminds me of what we all wanted out of the original Heroes show. Haven't seen Reborn yet but hopefully it can keep up with Agents of Shield and Flash

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly agreed, but Flash was better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last season, in my opinion. S.H.I.E.L.D. takes an easy second place though.

BTW, did anyone know that if you hit Tab then Space, your comment posts? Just found that out by accident.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rogueshadow  Moderator

Iain De Caestecker is a really good actor, the best on the show.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@renzoa said:

Daisy's costume looks like the x-men movie costume. it look like marvel does take form fox

It looks like her costume from the comics.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I kind of spoiled the episode for myself by watching everything that was released, sometimes multiple times. Then seeing all the spoilers on twitter and instagram. sigh. Still Simmons story has me really excited, Lash looked pretty good, Quake looks AMAZING, the new plane is so awesome, and the effects were top notch. Missed May and Ward but i think we'll be seeing them next episode.