User Lists: 3

Lex's team makes the book great.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I enjoyed this issue and I definitely can't wait to see what Sinestro will do Power Ring.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ScarletBatman

I think one of the biggest problems with this event is that Forever Evil is a monthly title when Marvel has proven that events are better received when they released faster. Additionally, the main tie in issue for this comic (JL) is released on the same day as Forever Evil, which means we get a double dose one week, then have to wait a month to get more. It would be better of DC released Justice League two weeks after Forever Evil, that way the event would feel like it is progressing faster without actually doing so.

@br_havoc said:

DC has owned Marvel in the event departments for a while but Infinity destroys this event. Forever Evil has felt like it has gone for a year when it has only been 4 months. John's story is really weak, it's just as dark as they can make it. It's to the point it's more of a parody. Johns is normally amazing at coming up with well paced events but this one has been terrible.

That's because Marvel is now speeding through their events, which has altered many comic buyer's perception about event pacing. If FF were released every two weeks, it would not feel slow at all. It is the glacial pace of the comic's monthly release schedule that is really hurting this boom more than anything Johns is writing.

Additionally, how is this that dark? Things are bleak, sure, but there are so many other DC books out there that are darker than this book.

@theocitylegend said:

TBH I thought this issue kind of sucked...

I am a big Batman fan and I really hope this doesn't come of as too fanboyish, but the way Johns treated Batman felt kind of out of character for me. Why would a tactical genius like Batman decide to attempt to use an almost entirely empty Sinestro Ring against a fully charged power ring? I would rather Batman hid in the smoke and thought up a way to activate the mother box...

Because this is not the Batman of old. He isn't Batgod. He's an incredibly bright man but has zero powers and most of his resources are out of commission. He's being asked to fight the equivalent of the Justice League while blindfolded and with his hand tied behind his back.

If Batman could use his gadgets and his Batcomputer, he would obviously be in a much better position. As is, he's forced to play it by ear and pray he can think of some hail marry to save the world.

We haven't seen Batman like this in a long time. It's quite exhilarating to see him struggle.

@superbat420 said:

I understand why batman lost against power ring, but lets be honest. It would of made a lot more sense if catwoman did it, while batman attempted to operate the mother box. Js. Only problem with the series besides I feel like its been dragged out and we all kind of know how its going to end. I don't see them blowing my mind. But great event. Buying every issue and tie in. Good story telling.

I agree that would have been a better plan but let's be honest - Catwoman does not channel fear. She would have been even less effective than Batman.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman got owned

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Outside_85

I think one of the biggest problems with this event is that Forever Evil is a monthly title when Marvel has proven that events are better received when they released faster. Additionally, the main tie in issue for this comic (JL) is released on the same day as Forever Evil, which means we get a double dose one week, then have to wait a month to get more. It would be better of DC released Justice League two weeks after Forever Evil, that way the event would feel like it is progressing faster without actually doing so.

@br_havoc said:

DC has owned Marvel in the event departments for a while but Infinity destroys this event. Forever Evil has felt like it has gone for a year when it has only been 4 months. John's story is really weak, it's just as dark as they can make it. It's to the point it's more of a parody. Johns is normally amazing at coming up with well paced events but this one has been terrible.

That's because Marvel is now speeding through their events, which has altered many comic buyer's perception about event pacing. If FF were released every two weeks, it would not feel slow at all. It is the glacial pace of the comic's monthly release schedule that is really hurting this boom more than anything Johns is writing.

Additionally, how is this that dark? Things are bleak, sure, but there are so many other DC books out there that are darker than this book.

Preferably, this whole event should and could have been squeezed into one month... preferably Villains Month, which by the sounds of things was mostly a waste of space.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope they don't nurff the hell out of Sinestro.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@crazyscarecrow:

Last issue of Death of the Family Arc, where Bruce visits The Joker on Arkarm and he says that he doesnt want to see his face because he isnt Batman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@crazyscarecrow:

Last issue of Death of the Family Arc, where Bruce visits The Joker on Arkarm and he says that he doesnt want to see his face because he isnt Batman.

That was a flashback that trailed it's way back to the card the Joker had left in the cave?

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By UltimateSMfan

I enjoyed this issue but damn is the art bad, thank God justice league was released in the same day. Ivan Reis is just amazing!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62  Edited By MaxSchreck

Well , at least this issue will shut up the people who claim that Batman is totally overpowered and never looses a battle (which is true for almost every dc superhero) but otherwise Iam pretty dissapointed. Whats the point in having Batman in the Justice League when he can't keep up with all the super powered characters in the slightest ? You don't have to make him as competent as he was in Grant Morrisons run , but at least have him contribute to the teams victory somehow.

You know , like in the Justice League cartoon, or the animated movies .

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Bruce was clearly desperate. But seeing him wear a Sinestro Corps ring still made my week. Then seeing Sinestro come back, pretty much made my year.

So I'm happy with that scene, and this issue. It's full of characters that I like, plus the Doom Patrol shout-out.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

@theocitylegend: oh sorry i need to go back and check that out my bad,either way im glad someone in outer space is paying attention *cough* lookin in your direction hal...

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The only problem I have with this event is that it is taking way too long to explain these characters and move the story along. Also how could Owlman not have checked to see if batman was dead or alive, he should know better than the others how much a threat batman is. Third I hate how its batman that survive I think the story would be better if he was trap with the others and the villains and new heroes to rise up and save the day. What I do love is the suspense in the event and the mystery behind two earth 3 characters Superwoman and the hooded man.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@save_me_now: Sweet! There was a Doom Patrol shout out!?! Did it say who was still around? I know Chief, Robotman, and Beast Boy are still around with speculation that Mento could be still around, but I haven't heard a thing about Elasti-girl or Negative Man.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say Forever Evil has been owning Marvel's Events...Infinity is boring to me, always "Thanos" as a big threat and gets dull. Where as FE has people so desperate that even enemies are joining forces to combat a greater threat. I also gotta say I'm LOVING the back stories on the Crime Syndicate also...

My only gripe with this issue was well the Batman "secret weapon" lasted like a minute...but I would like to see him with a new one let's just say ;) Perhaps Sinestro will give him a new ring?

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

I'm willing to bet that they do. Well, sort of. I think Power Ring will generally be more powerful than Sinestro, the same was Ultraman was kinda more powerful than Adam. I think it's necessary, though. For an event like this to succeed the villains have to be stronger than what were used to. It seems the CS are second only to Darksied in power.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Outside_85
    @patrat18 said:

I'm willing to bet that they do. Well, sort of. I think Power Ring will generally be more powerful than Sinestro, the same was Ultraman was kinda more powerful than Adam. I think it's necessary, though. For an event like this to succeed the villains have to be stronger than what were used to. It seems the CS are second only to Darksied in power.

Depending on what they are running from.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By BR_Havoc

@scarletbatman: In all honesty I was referring more to the JL book then the core series. The JL tie ins seems Johns is writing things so dark its to the point of being a satire similar to Ennis

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 the_stegman  Moderator

@colanicole said:
    @patrat18 said:

It has to be Darkseid they are running from, he's already invaded Prime Earth and Earth 2, why not Earth 3 as well?

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
    @colanicole said:
    @patrat18 said:

It has to be Darkseid they are running from, he's already invaded Prime Earth and Earth 2, why not Earth 3 as well?

Well if it is Darkseid they are running from it doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't win. In Batman/Superman Kaiyo says the Earth Prime heroes are more raw and dangerous than the Earth 2 heroes and that's why they'll be able to survive the upcoming danger which was Darkseid invading. Are they really going to say the Earth Prime JL is rawer and more dangerous than the Crime Syndicate? And if not they why didn't the Crime Syndicate defeat Darkseid?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@outside_85 said:
    @colanicole said:
    @patrat18 said:

Well if it is Darkseid they are running from it doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't win. In Batman/Superman Kaiyo says the Earth Prime heroes are more raw and dangerous than the Earth 2 heroes and that's why they'll be able to survive the upcoming danger which was Darkseid invading. Are they really going to say the Earth Prime JL is rawer and more dangerous than the Crime Syndicate? And if not they why didn't the Crime Syndicate defeat Darkseid?

Well, maybe Kaiyo hasn't visited Earth 3 yet, she might not even know of their existance. Also, the Crime Syndicate DID survive, all of the Earths survived Darkseid's attacks, just some loss more than others, Earth 2 loss it's heroes, but ultimately won the war (for a while anyway, until it started happening again with Steppenwolf), it could make since that instead of sacrificing themselves like Earth 2 heroes, the Crime Syndicate just ran for it.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinningbirdcake said:
    @the_stegman said:

@outside_85 said:
    @colanicole said:
    @patrat18 said:

Well, maybe Kaiyo hasn't visited Earth 3 yet, she might not even know of their existance. Also, the Crime Syndicate DID survive, all of the Earths survived Darkseid's attacks, just some loss more than others, Earth 2 loss it's heroes, but ultimately won the war (for a while anyway, until it started happening again with Steppenwolf), it could make since that instead of sacrificing themselves like Earth 2 heroes, the Crime Syndicate just ran for it.

Just trying to survive at the expense of their world does sound like the Crime Syndicate. It's just that Ultraman sounds so scared when he talks about whatever wrecked their world, and considering that they're kind of equals to the regular JL I wouldn't expect him to be so scared of Darkseid.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 the_stegman  Moderator

@spinningbirdcake: Sounds like them to me, I'm sure they tried to fight, but obviously they were overwhelmed, and maybe they didn't have the League's resolve or teamwork to take on Darkseid.

BruceDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the most interesting Lex Luthor has been in years.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@scarletbatman: with Batman the problem isnt that he didnt come up with a plan at that moment but Batman would go into the shadows watch, wait and gather intel instead he just says f*** it and hopes shit that might work on JL might also work on their counter parts. Even Lex figured out that Ultraman is differant than Superman something Batman should be able to figure easily as well but no to Geoff Johns Batman is moron

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By patrat18

@the_stegman said:

@spinningbirdcake said:
    @the_stegman said:

@outside_85 said:
    @colanicole said:
    @patrat18 said:

I hope they are running from Ds.. He seriously needs to be a universal threat. It wouldn't be farfeched because he's been talked about in earth 2, shown up in Batman,Superman, and in earth prime.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Outside_85

@the_stegman said:

@spinningbirdcake said:
    @the_stegman said:

@outside_85 said:
    @colanicole said:
    @patrat18 said:

Just trying to survive at the expense of their world does sound like the Crime Syndicate. It's just that Ultraman sounds so scared when he talks about whatever wrecked their world, and considering that they're kind of equals to the regular JL I wouldn't expect him to be so scared of Darkseid.

I don't think it's Darkseid, for a number of reasons:

• Most prominently: it's the boring/easy/predictable option
    • DC has other characters that's capable of taking over a planet
    • It's written by Geoff Johns, who's fond of 'WTF moments' that come completely unannounced.
    • It doesn't fit with the Hooded Man mystery, whom has been stated as the one that summoned whatever it was.
    • So far with the Blight addition, I don't see why the CS needed to set up a separate project to keep the magic users in check and drain them instead of throwing them in the same simulator they threw everyone else into.
    patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By patrat18

@spinningbirdcake said:

@the_stegman said:

@spinningbirdcake said:
    @the_stegman said:

@outside_85 said:
    @colanicole said:
    @patrat18 said:

• It's written by Geoff Johns, who's fond of 'WTF moments' that come completely unannounced.
    • It doesn't fit with the Hooded Man mystery, whom has been stated as the one that summoned whatever it was.
    • So far with the Blight addition, I don't see why the CS needed to set up a separate project to keep the magic users in check and drain them instead of throwing them in the same simulator they threw everyone else into.

What issue was this in?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: One of the first two of either JL or FE, it was something of a throwaway line.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: One of the first two of either JL or FE, it was something of a throwaway line.

Hm. I'll check it out.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ColaNicole

@patrat18 said:

@outside_85 said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

@the_stegman said:

@spinningbirdcake said:
    @the_stegman said:

@outside_85 said:
    @colanicole said:
    @patrat18 said:

What issue was this in?

I'll have to check it out, too. Regardless of whether the hooded prisoner summoned it or not, I think there's much more to them than that. I still think that it's Darksied. Whatever it is, was proceeded by a "BOOOOM", and that, as we know, is Darksied. As for prime earth being able to win, I put that down to the fact that the JL would die defending the Earth and the people on it and it shows. CS only care about themselves.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colanicole said:

I'll have to check it out, too. Regardless of whether the hooded prisoner summoned it or not, I think there's much more to them than that. I still think that it's Darksied. Whatever it is, was proceeded by a "BOOOOM", and that, as we know, is Darksied. As for prime earth being able to win, I put that down to the fact that the JL would die defending the Earth and the people on it and it shows. CS only care about themselves.

I dont recall there being any mention of sound? I've read people mention something about there being a red sky, but nothing about sound, which lead them to think it was the Anti-Monitor.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colanicole said:

I dont recall there being any mention of sound? I've read people mention something about there being a red sky, but nothing about sound, which lead them to think it was the Anti-Monitor.

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt this issue was the weakest so far but still pretty good. The Batman "cameo" was pure awesomeness and the last page had me in awe. Overall, it'd be a 3 or a 4 if I were reviewing it.

Also, is it just me or is the inconsistency over what Power Rings RING should look like really annoying? In FE he's wearing a GL ring but in the tie-ins he's wearing the regular looking E3 ring. I can't believe this has been getting passed DC editorial. OPEN YOUR EYES!

For some reason, I just can't stand the cover of this issue. I don't get why Lex and Batman are wrapping their legs around each other. It just looks so weird to me.

That's because David Finch has been a horrible artist for the past few years.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johns hates Batman and handles his character terribly. I hate Johns so much.

Hate. Hate. Hate.

Hate Geoff Johns.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Mxyzptlk_CV

@the_stegman said:

Yes, this IS better than Infinity, considering half of the event was a waste of space in space, they should have made the entire thing about Thanos, not those boring World builders.

Having said that...Forever Evil.needs to hurry it up, or at least have tie ins that matter to remind me the event is actually going on.

Agree with you 100%...The Builders were ''boring'' to say the least...

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@colanicole said:

No Caption Provided

Hmm fair enough. Still don't think it's Darkseid though. :)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@colanicole said:
    @outside_85 said:

@colanicole said:

No Caption Provided

Hmm fair enough. Still don't think it's Darkseid though. :)

Well, I guess Darkseid COULD be a red herring..but all signs point to him, lol.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I hated infinity for just this reason, i wanted to see shit go down with thanos, i wish they would have scrapped every bit of the world builders, and showed fights with thanos in more than one comic at the end

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

Well, I guess Darkseid COULD be a red herring..but all signs point to him, lol.

Well, there's three signs that's pointing towards Darkseid; red-skies, the 'boom' and that it's a he. Red-skies happen quite often in DC when big stuff happens, Final Crisis had it, but so did Infinite Crisis. That it's a he is almost meaningless, every last one of the big threats in DC is a he. The 'boom'... as much as it can be a boomtube, it can also be an explosion or some other breach between worlds.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By justice teen

@scarletbatman: with Batman the problem isnt that he didnt come up with a plan at that moment but Batman would go into the shadows watch, wait and gather intel instead he just says f*** it and hopes shit that might work on JL might also work on their counter parts. Even Lex figured out that Ultraman is differant than Superman something Batman should be able to figure easily as well but no to Geoff Johns Batman is moron

Not true Batman just got on the scene and made the most logical decision anyone in that situation could have made. The crime syndicate are the only alternative version of the JL that does not have the same strength or weakness as the his version, so it you cant say John made him look like an idiot.

@outside_85 said:

@colanicole said:

No Caption Provided

It says Boom at the bottom of the picture.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justice_teen: What do you mean he just got on the scene? Batman has been in the fight sence the begaining its not like he has been on a differant planet since the begaining of the event

and even thou you are talking out of your ass becuase their is no way you could know that Earth 3 is the only place that they have differant weaknessess but even then that statement holds no water becuase Batman is the worlds greatest dective he would notice things like i dont know ULTRAMAN BLOCKING THE SUN and going to places that have Kryptonite and say to himself well thats odd maybe Ultraman is differant than Superman so i souldnt just assume that this ring will have any effect on him

Than you can add that Lex figures this out so yes i can say that Geoff Johns makes Batman look like a idiot

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: what batman doesnt know about ultraman going to different places getting kryptonite hell he doesnt know that kryptonite is his power source beside batman wasn't fighting he was running away while trying to keep cyborg alive or did you forget

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.