Follow

Five Lights

Team » Five Lights appears in 172 issues.

Excluding Hope Summers, The Five Lights are the first five new mutants to emerge since Scarlet Witch's spell ceased all new mutations on M-Day. Each of the Lights successfully mutated after physical contact with Hope.

Training of the Five Lights

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

In recent (as well as upcoming) issues, it's been shown that fvie lights are being tested and trained. I have always liked the idea of showing the teams practicing. Some of the best issues of any comic team is when they are sparring or training. I guess i just enjoy watching the teams truely bond like normal human beings.

Anyways, back to what i was saying, Dr. Nemesis seems to be running most ofthe test with the help of other mutants. In recent issues they have tested, Teon and Gabriel and in the up coming issue they are shown Storm testing Laurie. This got me thinking. What other mutants would be useful in helping train this new group.

My favorite x-men character is Iceman. I would like to see him help train Idie.

I also think it would be cool to put a team from existing x-men with similar abilities up against this new team as well put a team against them with exact opposite abilities. Obviously the exact opposite wouldl be a bit harder since the exact opposite of Teon would be something like a normal human or maybe someone with higher than normal brain function (I would say super smart but not tele-anything)

Also i know he isnt on Utopia anymore but i think Beast (using just his primal instincts) vs Teon would be a evenly matched fight

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979

Talking about feral mutants, I think it's a pity that X-23 is no longer on Utopia. I think she can understand Teon without telepathy (the same way she was able to calm Katiana in feral from), and Hope knows that she can trust Laura.
    Not to mention somebody has to tell Hellion that he did nothing wrong when he took down Karima the Omega Sentinel.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

The X-Men have always assisted in the training of younger mutants.  Back in the early 80's Colossus was called in to help Sunspot train in weight-lifting, while Nightcrawler was an athletic (and acrobatic) instructor.  During Grant Morrison's run he had Angel, Northstar & other flying mutants give lessons on how to fly.  It's how it's been for years.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jordama

I don't wantthe main x-men to have to much influence on the five lights, I like Hope taking over of their training.

xmenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xmenboy
    @jordama said:
    I don't wantthe main x-men to have to much influence on the five lights, I like Hope taking over of their training.
    Hope needs the X-men....without them she probably would have even made it through the Messiah Complex Storyline Much less Second Coming
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jordama
    @xmenboy: But now she should be the one taking over the team. She should be in charge of the Lights.
    jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By jakeeboi17
    @jordama: Yes but Hope can't train them all, it would be boring to watch her do it all!
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jordama
    @jakeeboi17: She can have the liaison as long as they don't switch that every week. Plus Hope isn't going to just let the Lights be in the X-Men. I think it is partially because of the note that Beast left her, but she told Cyclops that she was going to be in complete control over the team.
    jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By jakeeboi17
    @jordama: Although she may not let them be apart of the X-Men, when you think of it they will just eventually become a branch off of the X-Men (X-Force, New Mutants) or even a parallel team (Alpha Flight.) Plus the X-Men have too much experience and know-how in how to control their abilities for Hope and the other lights not to take advantage of that fact.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jordama
    @jakeeboi17
    I like the Idea of them being like the New Mutants, Hope leads the Team and Cyclops gives out the missions (which is get the new Lights) but for the most part they are autonomous. This is Hopes Team and I guess it will all depend on how schism ends and who she chooses to go with.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.